Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[D&D 4E IC] Residuum Revolution Arcane- Above ground!

1111214161719

Posts

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    Shen hangs back a few paces from the group and keeps a sharp lookout as he disappears into whatever shadows the stairway might provide.
    Perception=20, Stealth=30...and the crit stealth strikes again!

    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • BhowBhow A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?Registered User regular
    Riishi and Cherka follow closely behind Alise, trying to follow her noiseless footsteps, yet ready to grab her shoulder if she sees something that may hide from Alise in the darkness.
    Sneaky sneak: 1d20+4 16
    Looky look: 1d20+9 28

    Pah Wintair
    Riishi Antera
    And when you're blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans."
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    "Hey...how long do you think these stairs go on for?" Alise whispers to no one in particular as they sneak along.

  • IlliantharIllianthar Registered User regular
    "There is no end in sight, but I would wager that they will abruptly end...perhaps at the most inopportune moment." Persecutus responds in a matter-of-fact tone, as if the brevity of the moment is lost on him.

  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    As you edge along the walls, moving ever upward, you get the sensation of curve. It seems like you are moving up a spiral staircase. How apropos. Suddenly, a small glowing blue gem in the wall illuminates where you are: in a gigantic tower, with stairs seemingly going on forever.

    By the tiny blue light cast by the gem you can see a group of darkfey far ahead conversing. In your stealthy state you can sneak up on them and listen to what they are saying. Or you can ambush them. Or both. The choice is up to you.

    Your stealth checks are fabulous from last time, you are quiet as mice. If you're listening, I want perception checks. If you're ambushing, I want preliminary initiative rolls.

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    "I love it when they don't see us coming..." Shen runs his fingers through what used to be stubble, almost a full beard now. Grinning he tries to listen in on what they are saying before putting arrows in them.
    Perception=19

    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    Alise edges in a little closer while preparing a spell, hoping to get at least one spell in before they realize five people are about to attack them.
    I dunno if this is what you meant by both, but...
    perception: 1d20+5 = 18
    Initiative: 1d20+3 = 14

    I think as long as one of us is listening everyone else can ambush. Unless ambushing cancels out what we hear?

  • BhowBhow A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?Registered User regular
    Riishi pauses behind Alise, while Cherka advances to Shen's flank, one claw soundlessly scraping the step in anticipation.
    Perception, Init: 1d20+10 21 1d20+2 4

    Pah Wintair
    Riishi Antera
    And when you're blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans."
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    All the rest of the group can only hear faint whispers, but Riishi, edging closer, can pick up parts of the conversation. The lady seems to be discussing an orb with the gentlemen before her. She refers to it as something like, "Our national treasure". She also calls it "stolen".

    make an Insight check Bhow

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    Not really catching anything worth listening for, Shen gets ready to pull the ol' arrow in the head trick again.
    Initiative=24

    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • BhowBhow A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?Registered User regular
    "'Treasure', 'Stolen'... Hmmmm"...
    Insight: 1d20+10 28
    Also, when you say "group of darkfey," should we be thinking three or thirty?

    Pah Wintair
    Riishi Antera
    And when you're blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans."
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Riishi realizes that the way the woman is using the word stolen means "stolen from us". Picking out the word kobolds, you piece together what the woman is talking about. The kobolds had stolen the darkfey orb, one of their few national artifacts. You get the sense that it has some sort of properties that are very important to the fey. They have finally managed to retrieve it and their whole society is very relieved. The woman is exhorting her four companions to guard it well, as they cannot afford to lose it again.

  • IlliantharIllianthar Registered User regular
    The revenant stands motionless on the stairs, axe at the ready. As Riishi edges closer, Persecutus crouches slightly, ready to pounce if they are discovered, or if the word is given to remove these obstacles from their path.
    Initiative: 1d20+2 = 20

  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    As you all creep closer, the fey seem to take no notice of you.

    You all get a surprise round. One action, go for it!

    Also, I would like Riishi's HP double-checked, because they didn't increase during the leveling process and I think they might have an error in calculation.

    Also, remember, for ease, you can go any time in your initiative block. For instance, during this surprise round, you all can go in any order.


    Initiative:
    Surprise Round: Riishi, Alise, Persecutus, Shen
    On deck: Shen, Persecutus
    Then: Darkfey

    Map:
    pub?id=14GhPT4wWa1xHWr5C2kTCQUqtVsTDYnB5oiMhFjO1jdc&w=1045&h=1044&ext=.png

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 32/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison
    Darkfey Guard 1: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Darkfey Guard 2: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Darkfey Guard 4: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15



    Riishi: 24/24 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP
    Alise: 27/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP
    Persecutus: 42/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP

    daniant on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    It's a tight shot, but Shen takes it anyway, confident in his abilities. He is not disappointed when the arrow sticks into the nearest Darkfey guard, leaving a look of pain and surprise splashed across his face. "Yes!"

    Action:
    Careful Shot vs. AC on Darkfey Guard 4=19 vs. 17! Hit! for 12 damage.

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 32/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison
    Darkfey Guard 1: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Darkfey Guard 2: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Darkfey Guard 4: 17/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15



    Riishi: 24/24 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP
    Alise: 27/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP
    Persecutus: 42/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP

    Surprise round: Persecutus, Alise, Riishi!
    Shen, Persecutus
    Up next: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. Creepy Dark Soon to be Dead People

    Go team! Lets take one out before they see us coming =p

    Anialos on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • BhowBhow A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?Registered User regular
    An arrow races past, the stricken guard screams in surprised anguish, and Riishi realizes she has outpaced her comrades. Before the fey can isolate her, she scuttles backward, Cherka trailing.
    Riishi retreats to 15X, Cherka to 17W
    Riishi's sheet is corrected: HP=12 (class) + 12 (Con) + 5 (level up) = 29

    Pah Wintair
    Riishi Antera
    And when you're blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans."
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    Alise held her breath, trying to decide what to do next. Take one of them alive? Finish them all off? Was that even possible? Would they sound an alarm, bringing the whole city down on them? Too many questions. Not enough time. Eyeing the cluster of guards, Alise moves forward and releases the spell she had ready. The guards in the center of the group shriek in horror and start waving their weapons at the ground, attacking something only they can see. The other guards look about confusedly, not sure what's going on.

    action:
    move: 7W -> 13W
    grasping shadows vs. will: 1d20+5 = 15: 1d8+4 = 11, 1d20+5 = 15: 1d8+4 = 5 on guards 1 and 2.
    grasping shadows vs. will part 2: 3#1d20+5 = 19, 10, 25 (hit, miss, hit); 3#1d8+4 = 6, 10, 12 on leader, guards 3 and 4.

    I'm actually not sure if I'm in range or not... if not then i will just move forward and sit glumly looking at the nice cluster that I could have hit.

    stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 24/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15
    Darkfey Guard 4: 5/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed


    Riishi: 24/24 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP
    Alise: 27/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP
    Persecutus: 42/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP

  • IlliantharIllianthar Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Red eyes narrow into tiny pinpricks as Persecutus focuses in on his prey. He takes a few steps forward while arrows and spells fly around him. When the darkfey start to get their bearings he lets out a low, primal growl and rushes forward, closing the gap between the two groups effortlessly.

    As he moves an almost imperceptible sound of thunder rolling and lightning crashing grows around him. The sound reaches its climax as the warden brings his axe down, but his aim is not true and the blade smashes into the ground next to the group.

    Enraged, the undead lets out a loud snarl and bangs his axe against his shield. Tendrils of lightning snake out from his body and envelop two of the guards, serving as both a warning and a challenge.

    Actions:
    Just took my surprise action and Round 1 action at the same time, since I'm the last to go in the surprise round and in the first block of the first round. Can edit as needed if something happens between surprise and Round 1.

    Surprise Action: Move to V13

    Round 1 Actions:

    Move: Move to R18
    Standard: Charge to N22 (Warden's Lunge) on Guard 4 -> miss
    Free Action: Nature's Wrath on Guards 3 and 4 -> Both are marked until the end of my next turn. Both are -2 to attacks that don't include me, and if either attacks someone other than me I can either slide them or attack them.

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 24/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 4: 5/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, marked (Persecutus EoNT)



    Riishi: 24/24 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP
    Alise: 27/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP
    Persecutus: 42/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP

    Shen
    Up next: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. Bring it on, Ye of the Light Sensitive Eyes!

    Illianthar on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    Grinning as Persecutus smashes down in the midst of the group, Shen moves closer and fires another arrow at the already pincushioned guard. Side stepping just before the release he is rewarded with a satisfying thud as his target falls to the ground quite dead. He quickly move his eyes to another guard and marks it as his quarry.

    Action:
    Move:Move to T13
    Standard: Shift to T14 before attack using Nimble Strike, Nimble Strike vs. AC on guard 4=18! Hit! for 13 damage. Guard 4 never even had a chance.
    Minor: Mark Guard 2 as Hunter's Quarry.

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 24/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, Shen's Quarry
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 4: 5/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, marked (Persecutus EoNT) ARROWED!!!



    Riishi: 24/24 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP
    Alise: 27/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP
    Persecutus: 42/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Up next: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. Drow go Down!
    On deck: Round 2! The party continues the onslaught!

    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Alise couldn't have taken the move and the standard, since it was a surprise round, but since they are not going to move much, I'll count your attack action. That means that as soon as they go, you have a move and a minor left for this round. Also, that means that Guard 4 wasn't dead until you take your turn. >.<

    The fey look around as bolts come out of the darkness. The see you and, gritting teeth, arm themselves. The leader flings a vial of poison in front of Riishi, who only absorbs a few drops, but Alise and Cherka are splashed. Alise winces in pain.

    Guards three and four answer Persecuturs' mark. Unfortunately for them, both their bolts shoot into the darkness of the inner tower. Guards one and two target Alise, nearly pinning her to the wall with their bolts.

    Map:
    pub?id=14GhPT4wWa1xHWr5C2kTCQUqtVsTDYnB5oiMhFjO1jdc&w=1045&h=1044&ext=.png

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 24/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, Shen's Quarry
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)


    Riishi: 21/24 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP, you are vulnerable 5 poison until eont, Cherka is vulnerable 5 poison (save ends).
    Alise: 2/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 42/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Up next: Alise (move, minor), Riishi
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. People who don't like you
    Batter's box: Persecutus, Shen

    daniant on
  • BhowBhow A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?Registered User regular
    With combat fully joined, Riishi drops all hesitation and spins to grab Alise's shoulders while Cherka streaks toward the enemy. Riishi holds up Alise, nearly faint from her wounds. "Alise! Alise!," she shouts to collect her attention. "You're hurt, but you'll be alright. You'll be alright," she calmly repeats. "Alright?" Looking stronger, at least in spirit, Alise nods, and Riishi releases her to follow Cherka, who is raking a clawed cat-fist from shoulder to hip across the nearest guard.
    Move: Riishi to 18T, Cherka runs to 25P (grabbing Alise is just narrative colour)
    Minor: Healing Spirit so Alise can spend a surge (no bonus healing this time :( )
    Standard: Stalker's Strike against Guard 2: 1d20+4 23 1d10+4 7 Hit! Until eont, Cherka can provide flanking.
    R & C saves: 2#1d20 6 19 Cherka Saves! And now I see Riishi's ends w/out a save anyway.

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 17/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, Shen's Quarry
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)


    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 8/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 42/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Up next: Alise (move, minor)
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. People who don't like you
    Batter's box: Persecutus, Shen

    Pah Wintair
    Riishi Antera
    And when you're blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans."
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    "Y...Yeah," Alise responds, taking a deep breath. She was still soaked from the vial that one of the guards had thrown, and she stood dumbfounded, not sure what to do about it.
    I think I'll just stand there.
    save vs. vulnerable 5 poison: 1d20 = 8, fail =(.

    Also if I get hit in the next enemy round I'll activate my Shield immediate interrupt (+4 to AC and Reflex until EONT).

    Out of curiosity, what would happen if, say, a guard was pushed into the darkness of the inner tower? Or is there a magical wall that prevents people from falling =P.

    no changes in stat block.

    up next: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. People who don't like you
    on deck: the cool kids

  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The leader throws another poison vial at Alise, and the green foamy liquid splashes her in the face. She sinks slowly to the ground, poison coursing through her veins.

    The guards all plug Persecutus in the chest. Two harmlessly bounce off his armor, but one bolt literally knocks him back.

    Map:
    pub?id=14GhPT4wWa1xHWr5C2kTCQUqtVsTDYnB5oiMhFjO1jdc&w=1045&h=1044&ext=.png

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 17/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, Shen's Quarry
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)


    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: -4/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, unconcious, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 28/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Up next:The heroes!
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. People who don't like you

    Also, I missed it. How long are these guys slowed for?

    daniant on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    Seeing Alise go down...again, Shen grimaces and runs closer to the group of enemies that have just knocked Persecutus back. "Someone get her back up, I'll take care of these bastards!" With the last word he lets loose two quick shots, both of which hit, dropping his target."You're next you poison chucking filth!"

    Action:
    Move:Move to U20
    Standard: Two Fanged Strike vs. AC on Guard 2=25 and 23! Both hit! Damage on first arrow is 15. No need to roll the rest because its a minimum 10 more damage from second attack, quarry dice, and 2 damage from wisdom mod on the power.
    Minor: Mark the Leader as my quarry.

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed, Shen's Quarry
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 17/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, Another one bites the dust!
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)


    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: -4/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, unconcious, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 28/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Up next:The rest of the party!
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. People about to be punitively pummeled by Persecutus


    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • BhowBhow A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Riishi made a short, sharp, guttural chirp to get Cherka's attention and pointed to Persecutus before turning her attention to Alise. With closed eyes and clenched fists, Riishi pictured Alise as a ghostly image, rapidly cooling from bright orange through red towards dim violet. With a silent yearning, she called forth any and all natural spirits that were nearby--there weren't many. But a dim, sickly green mist rose from the stone flooring around Alise, then faded. As it receded, Alise raised her head briefly, tried to smile (unsuccessfully), and lay back to look at the ceiling.

    As Riishi turned back toward the battle, Cherka roared beside Persecutus, driving fear into the fey.
    Riishi stays put, Cherka moves beside Persecutus (22-O).
    Healing Spirit on Alise.
    I can't effectively use my Standard this turn due to positioning. Can I make an intimidate check against all the fey? Or do I need a specific individual target? I'll roll for all three, nearest to farthest. Use the second roll against the leader if I can only target one:
    Intimidate: 3#1d20+1 12 20 8
    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 26/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed, Shen's Quarry
    Darkfey Guard 1: 18/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed
    Darkfey Guard 2: 17/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, Another one bites the dust!
    Darkfey Guard 3: 29/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)


    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 6/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 34/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 1 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Up next:The rest of the party!
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. People about to be punitively pummeled by Persecutus

    Bhow on
    Pah Wintair
    Riishi Antera
    And when you're blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans."
  • IlliantharIllianthar Registered User regular
    As the darkfey guard falls before him dark wisps of purple mist extend out of Persecutus, flying towards the leader of the darkfey. Sliding his way into the middle of the group of enemies the revenant summons the spirit of the storm and brings his axe down with a sickening thud and a sudden burst of necrotic energy into the shoulder of the female. A nova of electricity sparks from the blow, engulfing the two guards and singing each of them even as it pulls one of them closer in.

    Choosing to press the advantage, Persecutus takes another swing with his axe, but misses the leader.
    Move: Move to M23 (via N22 to avoid OA)
    Free Action: Nature's Wrath -> All three are marked
    Standard Action: Gale Strike vs. Leader -> 15 vs AC (14) -> Hit!, 14 damage
      Triggered Effects:
    • Stormheart: Guards 1 and 3 take 4 damage
    • Stormheart: Guard 1 slid to M24 (up one square). Other two I choose not to slide
    • Free Action: Dark Reaping (extra 1d8+4 necrotic) on Leader -> 5 damage

    Action Point: Strength of Stone vs. Leader -> miss.

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 7/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed, Shen's Quarry, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 1: 14/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 3: 25/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)


    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 6/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 34/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Up next:Alise
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. Numbers are dwindling
    Batter's Box: The Party Strikes Again!


  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    Alise lay on the floor, drifting in and out of consciousness. She could still feel that vial poison affecting her, draining her of strength. She didn't know how much longer she could hold on.
    Take 10 damage at beginning of turn takes me to -4 hp, dying.

    save vs vulnerable 5 poison: 1d20 = 2 =(.
    save vs ongoing 5 poison: 1d20 = 4 =(.
    death save: 1d20 = 18.

    So I'm not dead yet, but I failed the saves that would keep me kicking longer, haha.

    stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 7/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed, Shen's Quarry, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 1: 14/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 3: 25/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)


    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: -4/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, unconscious, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 34/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP

  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The darkfey leader takes a step back and throws another vial of poison, this time at the revenant in front of her. She hits him in the face, and he can feel poison begin to seep into his eyes. The other two drow shift into flanking position, dropping their crossbows and taking out long sharp daggers. The first sticks a dagger deep into Persecutus' side, while the second's dagger glances off his armor.


    Map:
    pub?id=14GhPT4wWa1xHWr5C2kTCQUqtVsTDYnB5oiMhFjO1jdc&w=1045&h=1044&ext=.png

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 7/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed, Shen's Quarry, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 1: 14/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, marked (Persecutus EoNT)
    Darkfey Guard 3: 25/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: -4/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, unconscious, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 13/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP, 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Initiative:
    Up next:The heroes!
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. Stabby stabby stab

    daniant on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    Keeping his eye on the Darkfey Leader Shen lets are arrow fly. When the poison throwing scum drops its readied vile and falls to the floor Shen smiles. "Lets finish this! Without hesitation he quickly grabs two more arrows and lets them fly. The first hits the guard nearest him HARD, the evil fey swaying but not going down. The second arrow conveniently clips the jugular, finishing the job. "Don't kill that one. Lots of questions to ask."

    Action:
    Move:Dance a jig of darkfey slaying.
    Standard: Careful Attack vs. AC on Darkfey Leader=16! Hit! For 19! No more poison for you!
    AP!: Twin Strike vs. AC on Guard 1=25 and 20, both hit! for 13 and 2 damage. Just enough!

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 7/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed, Shen's Quarry, marked (Persecutus EoNT) No more poison number 3!
    Darkfey Guard 1: 14/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, marked (Persecutus EoNT)Number 4!
    Darkfey Guard 3: 25/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: -4/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, unconscious, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 13/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP, 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Initiative:
    Up next:The Interogation Squad!
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. One suddenly outnumbered guard

    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • BhowBhow A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous. Got me?Registered User regular
    "Shit! Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit," Riishi races beside Alise's still body, pulling a prepared poultice from her pack as she kneels. Carefully, she removes one bolt--it had narrowly missed and become bound in Alise's traveling gear, but only after the broad, keen head had cut her deeply in passing. While she leaned on the bandage to staunch the blood, Riishi tried to clear the viscous acid from Alise's face with her sleeve.

    Up the hall, Cherka stalked beside Persecutus, ready to lash at the surviving guard if the chance was presented.
    Move: Riishi to 14V, Cherka to 22M
    Heal: 1d20+7 24
    AP: Heal for save: 1d20+7 22 Alise can make an immediate saving throw or add +2 to next save at end of turn.
    And if the drow is foolish enough to run, Cherka will use Spirit's Fangs OA (though this is pretty much always the case).

    Stats:
    Darkfey Leader: 7/32 HP, AC 14, Fortitude 14, Reflex 16, Will 16, resist 5 poison, slowed, Shen's Quarry, marked (Persecutus EoNT) No more poison number 3!
    Darkfey Guard 1: 14/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, slowed, marked (Persecutus EoNT)Number 4!
    Darkfey Guard 3: 25/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 6/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, unconscious, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 13/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP, 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 1 AP


    Initiative:
    Up next: Persecutus & Alise
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. One suddenly outnumbered guard

    Pah Wintair
    Riishi Antera
    And when you're blue, and you've lost all your dreams, there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans."
  • IlliantharIllianthar Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    The revenant barely flinches at the wounds which he has sustained…death has a way of removing the sting from such things. Still, the damage to his body has started to mount up, and Persecutus knows that he must end things quickly to avoid succumbing to the void again. He moves slightly to his right knowing that eventually he can gain some tactical advantage with the Riishi's ethereal feline, then swings his axe in a sudden, vicious arc. He catches the guard under the arm, opening a large gash.

    Persecutus leans in slightly and whispers to the bloodied guard, "The end is near. Soon the silence of the grave will overcome you." Accentuating his words are the ever-present arcs of lightning that keep the guard's focus squarely on him.
    Font of Life: Success (18) -> Persecutus does not take the ongoing poison damage.
    Move: Shift to L24
    Standard: Strength of Stone vs. Guard 3 (AC: 17) -> Hit!, 13 damage and Persecutus gains 4 Temporary Hit Points
    Free Action: Nature's Wrath -> Guard 3 is marked

    Stats:
    Darkfey Guard 3: 12/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 6/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, unconscious, vulnerable 5 poison (save ends), 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 13
    +4/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 0 AP

    Initiative:
    Up next: Alise
    On deck: Drow a.k.a. Darkfey a.k.a. Last Fey Standing

    If Persecutus is dropped to 0 or lower, I'll choose to be Dazed instead of falling unconscious (Unnatural Vitality race feature)

    Illianthar on
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    "Riishi....is that you?" Alise mumbled as she finally managed to stay awake for more than two seconds. "I think the bleeding's stopped now..." she said, attempting to stand. Riishi extended her hand to help Alise up, and she took it gladly. Giving her a brief hug when she was finally standing, she continued, "I would have been long dead if it wasn't for your help. I owe you one. Maybe two." Taking a deep breath and exhaling loudly, Alise slowly took her weight off of Riishi, standing on her own. She was alive, barely, but she could still feel the poison in her body...what the heck did they put in those vials?
    Correct me if I'm getting the order of these things wrong... Do I need to make saves in the order in which I got the conditions? If so:
    Immediate save: vs. vulnerable 5: 1d20 = 19, success! finally.
    Take 5 poison damage, 1/27 hp.

    Move action: stand
    This'll probably be over by next round, but:
    standard: 2nd wind, 7/27 hp, +2 to defenses.

    save vs. ongoing poison: 1d20 = 5, sad... but at least I'm not taking 10 damage each turn now.

    stats:
    Darkfey Guard 3: 12/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 7/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, 4/7 surges, 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 13+4/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 0 AP

    up next: last guard standing
    on deck: us

    mightyjongyo on
  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular

    Correct me if I'm getting the order of these things wrong... Do I need to make saves in the order in which I got the conditions?

    You can make the saves in any order you want, so change it up if you want.

  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    The darkfey spits at Persecutus and tries to stick a dagger in his neck, but it bounces ineffectually off his armor.

    Map:
    pub?id=14GhPT4wWa1xHWr5C2kTCQUqtVsTDYnB5oiMhFjO1jdc&w=1045&h=1044&ext=.png

    Stats:
    Darkfey Guard 3: 12/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 7/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, 4/7 surges, 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 13+4/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 0 AP

    Initiative:
    up next: y'all
    on deck: last guard standing






  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    "Oh give up already!"Aiming carefully so he doesn't hit anything vital, Shen lets an arrow fly...straight over his head. Frustrated he moves up closer just in case he gets another shot before the guard is paste on the wall.

    Action:
    Minor:Guard 1 is now Shen's Quarry
    Standard: Careful Attack vs. AC on Guard 1=12! Way to go nat 1...the damage would have finished him too.
    Move:Walk to O23

    Stats:
    Darkfey Guard 3: 12/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 7/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, 4/7 surges, 5 ongoing poison (save ends)
    Persecutus: 13+4/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 0 AP

    Initiative:
    up next: Someone to subdue this jerk.
    on deck: last guard standing

    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    oh cool! well in that case I do believe I'll remove the ongoing 5 rather than vulnerable 5

    Alise stalked forward with a look of hatred on her face, chanting aloud. The guard saw the look on her face and backed away. Or maybe it was the illusion that made her appear twice as large as before. She didn't mind either way. Her anger at being poisoned, coupled with her desire for revenge, even if it was only this one guard left, helped her shake off the effects of that vial that they so lovingly threw in her face.
    Move to U16
    phantom bolt vs will: 1d20+5 =16, hit! 1d8+4 = 5 damage. Slide guard to L22.
    save vs vulnerable: 1d20 = 10, save!

    stats:
    Darkfey Guard 3: 7/29 HP, AC 17, Fortitude 13, Reflex 17, Will 15, marked (Persecutus EoNT)

    Riishi: 26/29 HP, AC 16, Fort 13, Reflex 14, Will 16, 1 AP,
    Alise: 12/27 HP, AC 15, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 16, 1 AP, 4/7 surges
    Persecutus: 13+4/42 HP, AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 14, Will 12, 0 AP
    Shen: 28/28 HP, AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 18, Will 14, 0 AP

    up next: finish him!

    mightyjongyo on
  • IlliantharIllianthar Registered User regular
    Persecutus takes a step forward and swings at the guard, turning his axe so that the flat of the blade collides with the guard's skull. With a satisfying thunk, the fey crumples to the ground. Without a moment's thought, the revenant turns his attention to further up the stairwell, listening intently to hear if there are any other enemies in the area.
    Move: Shift to L23
    Standard: Strength of Stone vs. Guard 1 -> Hit, 11 damage (choose to subdue instead of kill)

    Perception for any other enemies: 22

    If combat is over, Persecutus will burn 2 surges during the short rest to get to 33/42

  • daniantdaniant Registered User regular
    Persecutus does not see or hear anything. Your fight did not last long, and was quiet as fights go, so you hope that no one was alerted. The fey you subdued lies on the floor at your feet, knocked cold.

  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Ask me about them!Registered User regular
    Shen approaches the man and draws an arrow back. "Wake him up would you, I believe we have questions." If the drow makes any attempt to harm them he'll get an arrow in the chest at point-blank range.

    Hobnail wrote: »
    "Don't let bullets enter your body" is the kind of advice that just gives itself really, like "don't drink soy sauce" or "don't vote republican"
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    "But before you do...I want to see if I can affect his mind, make him fear us a little more." Alise knelt and placed a hand on the guard's temple, grimacing as her movement opened her wounds again slightly. As she spoke the words of the spell, her hand glowed briefly for a moment before fading out. "I was going to see if I could make him believe that he just saw us decapitate his friends, or something," she sighed, "but turns out being unconscious doesn't really help the process." Alise stands up again in frustration and leans against the side of the tower, pulling out bandages and ointments to help the healing process.
    arcana to affect mind, i guess?: 1d20+10 = 12. i choose you, low-rolling wizard!
    burning 2 surges to get to 24/27 hp, 2/7 surges remain.

Sign In or Register to comment.