As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's That Time Again

2»

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Harper has bad fashion sense, so I'm told. I can identify with this, as I too am often told about my bad fashion sense.

premium on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I cannot wait to vote.

I cannot wait to vote in this riding.

This rural Alberta riding.

I wonder who will win here.

This is a mystery to me.

ChicoBlue on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I vote maple syrup for president.

That guy is so sweet.

Bedlam on
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I cannot wait to vote.

I cannot wait to vote in this riding.

This rural Alberta riding.

I wonder who will win here.

This is a mystery to me.

So, Bloc?

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I never vote and I never regret it.

Caveman Paws on
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    my riding has been held by the liberals for twenty three years

unintentional on
  • DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Callius wrote: »
    I wonder what secession would mean for the Quebec economy.

it'd probably be Bad Times all around considering the maritime provinces would be cut off from the rest of the country
    and the prairies might start getting uppity

and everyone would have to design new packaging for everything

eh, we'd still have hydroelectricity to back us up

Dadouw on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I vote maple syrup for president.

That guy is so sweet.

And a former astronaut

wqCD6Hspnc2fq3ki8lDR3TGe_400.jpg

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    who's the angry guy again

i am a bad canadian for not knowing

Ulises on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    Do you like yelling? This guy does!
    70f7dca848c588f298d0246c1e63.jpg

This guy's Canadian?

All of my stereotypes are shattered.

sarukun on
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    He looks like a Metalunan
    this-island-earth1.jpg

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Whats a good website for following this election? I am painfully ignorant of Canadian politics (I know the names of the parties thats it) and I want to fix that.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sarukun wrote: »

This guy's Canadian?

He's John Baird, Government House Leader.

Also known as Mr. Point of Order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnql1BxbOHU

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't wait to cast a vote that will, for the most part, do nothing. Yesssssss

GreasyKidsStuff on
    edited March 2011
    And we're off! The government no longer has the confidence of the House, so it's (almost) officially election time!

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Here we go again...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I didn't know canada even had elections

I thought your government was run by beavers and moose

It sounded like a wonderful place to live

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    edited March 2011
    Unfortunately, with the new election, this gentleman:

655f126e4f3eb96f82d90624119d.jpeg

Peter Millikin, will no longer be the Speaker of the House of Commons, as he will not run for re-election.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The sad thing is that when voting in Alberta, regardless of which party we vote for, our treatment from Ottawa stays the same.

"Oh - your provincial economy makes more than Ontario and Quebec's? We'll take a little off the top, thank you very much!"

Even having a Conservative Party government doesn't change that.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    edited March 2011
    Diorinix wrote: »
    The sad thing is that when voting in Alberta, regardless of which party we vote for, our treatment from Ottawa stays the same.

"Oh - your provincial economy makes more than Ontario and Quebec's? We'll take a little off the top, thank you very much!"

Well yeah. That's known as taxes.

At least your provincial government isn't bleeding you with the highest taxes on the entire continent.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sarukun wrote: »

This guy's Canadian?

He's John Baird, Government House Leader.

Also known as Mr. Point of Order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnql1BxbOHU

I love how she just keeps talking and ignoring him.

Basically the best way to piss off someone who wants to get under your skin is to ignore them... let them know how really irrelevant they are. Just sit back and laugh at them as they struggle in impotent rage.

If she had kept ignoring him it would have proven a good point :>

Cogliostro on
    edited March 2011
    SimBen wrote: »

At least your provincial government isn't bleeding you with the highest taxes on the entire continent.

Sorry - forgot the other part.

"We'll give that little off the top to Quebec so that they can have extravagant public services and so that the fisheries on the maritime coast can remain in operation.

You guys will get the ridicule from the rest of the country for being uneducated and being environmentally destructive, even though those same public services are paid for by the dollars earned from your main industry."

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    edited March 2011
    SimBen wrote: »

Sorry - forgot the other part.

"We'll give that little off the top to Quebec so that they can have extravagant public services and so that the fisheries on the maritime coast can remain in operation.

You guys will get the ridicule from the rest of the country for being uneducated and being environmentally destructive, even though those same public services are paid for by the dollars earned from your main industry."

Yeah the Quebec government seems to pretty much just take their federal grant money and give it to any industry at all that wants to open branches here, and then raises our taxes to pay for our extravagant public services (health care, booze and power). Unfortunately they for one are a majority government so we're stuck with them for another year and a half or so.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
    edited March 2011
    The equalization payments are a sham, and nothing will change the fact that "have" provinces get screwed in the long run by "have not" provinces who do nothing but bitch and complain that the feds aren't giving them enough money or attention...and that Alberta is the devil for killing ducks and providing the country with jobs and resources.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    edited March 2011
    Yeah but stop killing so many ducks.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

"We haven't thought that far ahead. Its cool if we still use the dollar, right?"

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited March 2011
    Stop driving cars and using natural gas to heat your home. Then we won't need the oil and gas industry!

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
    edited March 2011

"We haven't thought that far ahead. Its cool if we still use the dollar, right?"

Yeah that's pretty much where the argument always inevitably fails. Then it unravels and you see it for what you've always suspected it was about: weird misplaced pride + historical resentment + inferiority complex + xenophobia.

Also it's almost entirely made up of older people who lived in the 60s or prior, back before the quiet revolution, which was more or less civil rights for French Canadians (which really WERE terrible shit back before then, even in our own province). And the people who were indoctrinated by them. My dad's into it, and so was I until my late teens or whenever I figured out how dumb it was in today's world.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A vote compass/Un dispositif d'assistance au vote semblable à une boussole for federal elections coming up on May 2nd

It told me that I was liberal, even though more of the answers seemed to line with NDP/Bloc

Mr. Buttons on
    edited March 2011
    I never believe those political compass tests

They are always written by people with particular political viewpoints themselves and the questions always skew one way or the other

Unless your views are cartoonishly simple, you're gonna get different answers depending on which test you take

BusterK on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fucking John Baird... as if he's been elected by people from Ottawa

I need to move, and in a fucking hurry

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh man, i need to find out who will be running in my riding. i hope someone took up Robert Cruise's mantle.

Melding on