As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tim Schafer's [DÜDLE] Legend

• mekman 2mekman 2 a goober Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of Adobe Ideas (some iPhone3GS scribblings).

pecula_by_mekklesack-d38r5lf.png

andrea_and_the_ants_by_mekklesack-d38r6b1.jpg

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Metroid...we need something in the picture to relate the size to. We have no clue how to judge the scale of the creature.

• TamTam Registered User regular
    I like that second one a lot mekman

• MyntMynt Registered User regular
    9sgdgg.jpg

Been having a lot of fun playing Super Monday Night Combat... Here's my rendition of Megabeth...

• kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mynt, I like that a lot - even though im no big fan of hatching, it makes her legs look like like flat shapes to me.

Haven't had much time lately, but I had the day off and got a quick study out (1 - 1,5 hours?) Gotta keep at these and build on it, but I feel i'm getting the hang of it gradually

NSFW? (breasts, i guess)
    queensittingnudevaluest.jpg

kevindee on
  • kevindeekevindee Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I guess imageshack wont allow greyscale bosoms.
    swftch.jpg

kevindee on
  • MyntMynt Registered User regular
    kevindee wrote: »
    Mynt, I like that a lot - even though im no big fan of hatching, it makes her legs look like like flat shapes to me.

I agree... this is just a lil' sketch... I'll drop some values in there after I lay down the actual linework

• squaresquare Cockbutt TurinRegistered User regular
    Mynt wrote: »
    Been having a lot of fun playing Super Monday Night Combat

I hate it being f2p, I miss the old MNC where you had to pay 10 bucks for the whole content, now I have to spend something like 50 euros just to have all the pros (w/o counting the crapload of stuff to unlock). Damn marketing maneuvers.

Anyway I like you sketch, looking forward to a finished product.

Mm9Qsm4.png
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    In-the-Garden-Phase-1.jpg

Inking and I are going to have words. Nearly finished with the first pass of the background, though going to have to go in to add inked shadows in places (probably).

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I present to thee, Captain Nemo.
    captain_nemo_portrait_by_emir0-d4x5v9j.png

m3nace on
  • sharky tsharky t LondonRegistered User regular
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    I dont get to draw much lately, but I doodle at work. Open Canvas 1.1 hasta la victoria siempre ! !

bichitotetitas.jpg

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    I tried making it look like someone had tried to hand color the scarf.
    the_shadow_by_emir0-d4x77lm.png

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    My goal in life is to prove to the world that Crayons are an acceptable medium

photo-3.jpg

My goal before proceeding should probably be to buy a scanner that is at least 9"x12"

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    If that's your goal, you're succeeding.

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I agree with ninjai, I really like that.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    Whelp

Enc on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Haha, I love that sharky.
    You do make me want some crayons MD.

I made a fish. I think I may digi color it.
    Fish.jpg

that's pretty cool prosp

21bz7n.jpg

kdub2o.jpg

I would buy that fish emblem as a tee shirt.

edited April 2012
    In-the-Garden-Phase-4.jpg

Enc on
    Tam... omfg. y u no make a thing?

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    Tam...that colored cartoon chick is great!

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Thanks dudes.
    Tam I really dig all that, actually really like the abstract too. Those "ink" faces are incredible though.

Think I'm done with this.
    FishColor.jpg
    I actually think I liked it with no background better now that I'm looking at it.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2012
    watchin' tv

faces_n.jpg

tynic on
    edited April 2012
    thank you dudes
    very much glad you like the abstract one prosp
    tynic are those German famous people?

Tam on
    edited April 2012
    Tam on a roll, doing some Diablo fan art lol :P

Gentleman Diablo "did I break your tristram? My apologies, here, let me put it back for you."

ninjai on
  • SeraphSwordSeraphSword Sketch Fetishist Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    Been experimenting in Procreate for the iPad (my new favorite drawing app).
    Started with this:
    smudge0001bs.jpg

After that I used 100% smudge tool to get this:
    smudge0001s.jpg

Not great, but I'm pretty happy with it for a 20 minute experiment.

Mastery is the result of ceaseless error, combined with ruthless self-appraisal.
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    My goal in life is to prove to the world that Crayons are an acceptable medium

photo-3.jpg

My goal before proceeding should probably be to buy a scanner that is at least 9"x12"

Welp, I'm convinced.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Tam, hope you don't mind this unsolicited paint over.

tama.jpg

Once you've blocked out your forms and shadows, you might want to consider putting away the soft brushes or the brushes that have pressure set to opacity.

Try just using the standard round brushes and manually change the opacities so that you can start defining your forms. Then try going in with a soft edged brush and start pushing and pulling planes and edges.

Your linework is really tight and confident and once you get a solid grip on your tones and colours your stuff is gonna be cah-razay.

Thanks dudes.
    Tam I really dig all that, actually really like the abstract too. Those "ink" faces are incredible though.

Think I'm done with this.
    FishColor.jpg
    I actually think I liked it with no background better now that I'm looking at it.

:^:

• Nineteen HundredNineteen Hundred Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Got assigned a "do anything" assignment for one of my finals. This is my anything. These are just silhouettes to be dressed up proper at some point.

cnarain_character_design.jpg

EDIT: I just realized that these silhouettes only work when interpreted as a front view. Look at them like back views and they fall apart, specifically in the legs. They're supposed to work either way, right? Or am I wrong and these are fine?

Nineteen Hundred on
    There was something important here. It's gone now.
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Tam, hope you don't mind this unsolicited paint over.

tama.jpg

Once you've blocked out your forms and shadows, you might want to consider putting away the soft brushes or the brushes that have pressure set to opacity.

Try just using the standard round brushes and manually change the opacities so that you can start defining your forms. Then try going in with a soft edged brush and start pushing and pulling planes and edges.

Your linework is really tight and confident and once you get a solid grip on your tones and colours your stuff is gonna be cah-razay.

not at all old bean
    I'll keep these in mind as I do a couple today
    if you would keep an eye out for them and further advise me, that'd be most excellent of you

• Lunamadness22Lunamadness22 Registered User regular
    dsc03352u.jpg
    By lunamadness at 2012-04-23

• Kim kongKim kong Registered User regular
    man_in_chair_of_stone_by_farfetchedhorizons-d4xfkoq.jpg

I'm leaving this here.

Pro-tip for myself in the future: Have your background thought out before you get this far. grmbl...

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wanted to take a break from form and focus on skintones... any tips on how to improve this one?
    skin.jpg

Drawing bearded dudes is absurdly more interesting than drawing smoothskins:
    skin2.jpg
    (not eyedropper'd)

Mayday on
This discussion has been closed.