Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

What a world

14567810»

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Framling wrote: »
    Stop. Help.
    This is it dude.
    The burden of the whole world is on your shoulders.
    Do you have what it takes to save us?

Oh god, too much pressure.

That's it, never going outside again, going to be a hermit forever.

• HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Also, holy moly Muse, that is some make-me-feel-guilty levels of nice. I ain't deserving of sympathy on that level. I'm frequently a dick.

I highly doubt you are dick enough to deserve that. You'd have to be tossing kittens off highway overpasses or something else equally horrendous before it can even be considered. And even so, it is still disturbing due to the homophobia that instigated it.

Also move to a gayer part of LA.

Also, you're in LA? I'm in LA. Crummy LA (the Valley . . .).

I'm in the valley, too. North Hollywood, more specifically.

There's quite a few forumers in and around the LA area, actually.

And I haven't met any of them :x
    Other than tommy and swords, pretty much all of us are mid-20s and up (thinking of myself, lord dave, bogey, sarukun, busterk(?), pooro(?), among others). Just being in the same room as you would put us on so many police watch lists

Oh and then there's fiz. Who nobody should want to meet.

nipplessig.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I met Fiz once! He had a nice suit.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've "met" Fiz

If you know what I mean

• JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's actually not true. I'm gonna be too busy in the next few months before I move away

Do we have any louisiana posters in SE++

Me! Well I used to live there, at least.

PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
  • OverOver ...laser cats? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just kind skipping past the second half of this thread to post this, so not sure if Pooro has said he was going to report it yet or not.

Report it, even if you can only give a vague 4 guys in a silver sedan at this crosswalk description. The same guys may have been reported before, or if they do it again, the police will have a record of a previous incident.

I'm saying this half from experience.

Long version
    Spoiler:

Short version: I was attacked walking my dog while at least 6 people watched, was told not to call the cops to avoid further actions against me by a witness, and still called them (non-emergency). After just giving them a brief description over the phone of his appearance and vehicle (nothing beyond "blue jeep, recent model") they knew who I was talking about because the guy had been booked several times already for this same sort of behaviour.

So yeah, as has already been said: you have nothing to lose in reporting it, and at the very least will give the police something to go on should it happen again. Your report may stop them from attacking someone else in the future, and if they got away with doing this sort of despicable shit to you, chances are they'll escalate it as they go.

• Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pooro you should probably change the thread title to What a world - I've reported it JESUS

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, short version I'm too lazy to actually read if he reported it but not too lazy to post my story about why you should report it.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • OverOver ...laser cats? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    or the forum keeps giving me a server too busy message everytime i try to read a page, so I just skipped ahead?

i finished reading it after, albeit very slowly with all the server business.

14567810»