As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So play a man and get over it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    No.

• Options
    Then don't play, I guess. Nothing is going to change the super-asian design asthetic.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll do that.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    I mean, I like pixelated boobs and such, but somehow it just feels a bit trashy. I don't really want to keep knocking the game though so I will leave it there.

Maybe they will change the armors for a western audience as some people suggested.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    Elin are the only race undergoing any changes from what I've heard because of the US's insanity relating to such things even if they aren't related at all. It's still unknown what exactly they are going to do to them.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    popfishpopfish Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Elin are the only race undergoing any changes from what I've heard because of the US's insanity relating to such things even if they aren't related at all. It's still unknown what exactly they are going to do to them.
    Facial hair

popfish on
  • Options

Actually on the official forums one of the devs specifically said they're going to stick them in leggings. I assume thats as far as they plan to go.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    I have seen the last two iterations of concept images and I can tell you that the changes to the Elin outfits are WAY more minor than that silly Photoshop makes them out to be. In fact, in the last iteration I saw I'd be willing to wager most people won't even notice a difference unless the armor sets are literally side by side.
    http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=426847&postcount=49

I went digging around.

Since nothing has really been posted here I guess this would relevent as well, it's in German but has subs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TLjJlEG8To

This is a bit more recent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gppFIuGnfg

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    Been watching for this game for so long, kinda starts to feel like it's never going to come out. I'm honestly sorta looking forward to this even more than SW:TOR merely due to the promise of action-based combat rather than the WoW-style that has basically become the standard.

As to the crazy female armor, I really couldn't care less... I prefer to just embrace the crazy, as long as I'm enjoying the gameplay and having a blast, nothing else really matters. In fact, I'll dress my chicky in the most outrageous and skimpiest of bikini armors. :D

• Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    Nice vids. I'm kinda burned out on this game until it comes out though. I shouldn't learn about games until a couple months before they come out or I lose interest.

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    I don't even need to watch that video to know that it's horrible.

The video I mean, not the game.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Er... christ what the hell is wrong with you people and TB? The video is GOOD! Watch it. The Oh god was more him playing a little badger-man.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the video link. Actually has me tempted to try the game. Had decided to pass on it a while ago.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    I watched part of the video this morning before I had to go to work, and what I saw was pretty damn amusing.

Can't wait to see the rest of it tonight.

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote:
    Er... christ what the hell is wrong with you people and TB? The video is GOOD! Watch it. The Oh god was more him playing a little badger-man.

He makes a point to be inflammatory in a lot of his videos, and has gone so far as to join the forums just to troll people over his content. He has a lot of viewers, but he's basically a glorified troll. I've never seen him have anything insightful to say.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Funny, I haven't seen anything like that ever in any of his videos.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    having an opinion = trolling

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I've only seen a couple of his videos where he seems to be acting intentionally dense about the controls or concept of the game he's playing. Of course, he could have just been that clueless but I want to doubt that. He's no Yahtzee though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've never heard of this guy before so had no opinion going in, but I thought he was fairly funny and obviously showed great enthusiasm for the game.

Now I really want to play it though. :(

• Options
    edited August 2011
    I guess some people don't like someone who can be brutally honest?

Arthil on
  • Options
    Dunno.

I liked his line, "I don't know what it is, but I want it".

• Options
    Beaver-Badger-Dog-Man-THING.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    I found the video amusing as well.

I can't believe we have to wait until Spring of 2012 for release. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Have they released any information on exactly how they're censoring the Elins for us poor sheltered Americans?

Edit: That's a no, and apparently a common question, sorry. Kinda odd that they're not releasing any information about it at all. I'm more interested in a Castanic Slayer, myself. ;)

KiTA on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    They have said that they are just throwing tights on them to cover their legs.

• Options
    KiTA wrote:
    Have they released any information on exactly how they're censoring the Elins for us poor sheltered Americans?

Edit: That's a no, and apparently a common question, sorry. Kinda odd that they're not releasing any information about it at all. I'm more interested in a Castanic Slayer, myself. ;)

I'm with you on the Castanic thing. Bikini plate erryday.

• Options
    TERA is going to combat Gold Sellers by using a page out of EVE Online's playbook.

Chronoscrolls.

http://www.tera-online.com/content/introducing-chronoscrolls

TL:DR

It's like PLEX from EVE. People buy a Chronoscroll and can then sell it in game to another player for in game gold.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    spamfilterspamfilter Registered User regular
    Sound to me it's more like the publisher getting into the selling gold business.

• Options
    spamfilter wrote:
    Sound to me it's more like the publisher getting into the selling gold business.

No actually it sounds like PLEX from EVE Online.

1 Chronoscroll = 1 month of playtime.

Steam
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    I would worry that them making buying gold a legitimate and safe thing would wildly inflate prices.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    It's a good plan, honestly. The system works out generally. It helps both people who want gold faster and people who can't easily afford a month to month. Honestly more MMOs should go this route.
    -SPI- wrote:
    I would worry that them making buying gold a legitimate and safe thing would wildly inflate prices.

Someone still has to make the gold and normal players aren't as good at it as gold farming cells. The RMT groups wont have a very good profit margin though, especially because as stated they don't really need the game time and no one will pay them real money directly if they can just go through official sources like this. it's a good move.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The PLEX market model is a good move. The gold will get farmed, whether you like it as a game developer or not. Officially sanctioning a price (and thus undercutting the gold-farmer's standard practice of wildly inflating the market price for everything) will really help to ensure your game is still playable for casuals a year down the pipe.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    well its better than the 35 or so a month it is over in asialand at least

tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I just want to smash giant metal dragons with my smaller dragon man. Gotta wait at least six months for it. this makes me sad :(

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Looks like the changes weren't that much at all. (Still subject to change according to a CM)

http://www.terafans.com/news/308-the-pax-2011-en-masse-entertainment-open-house-event/

This needs to come out sooner.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    The fact that this is somehow an issue still, frankly, surprises me. Oh well, looking forward to this game so much. What videos I have seen look like a lot of fun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Little girls should not have thighs like that. D:

• Options
    Yeah, all people below 5' should totes be stocky dwarves. Law.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.