As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

TERA: Game is out! You should come play it!

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    elin sorcerer felt fitting. I don't want to run around looking like lou ferringo in a dress

Jars on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Re Elin: I came for the trolling, I stayed for the absolutely ridiculous way she runs and jumps. Also that noise she makes when she succeeds at something? I don't even know what thats trying to be, but it makes me grin.

That sir is a PRANCE not a RUN. Gosh.

She also throws up a "V" sign when she succeeds. It's better than the orgasmic noises the female castanic make when they fail at gathering. I have to keep yelling at my leveling buddy to keep that crap to himself.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Comrade1809Comrade1809 Registered User regular
    She also throws up a "V" sign when she succeeds. It's better than the orgasmic noises the female castanic make when they fail at gathering. I have to keep yelling at my leveling buddy to keep that crap to himself.
    Every time I hear that noise an angel gets its wings!

EVE: TrueAnger

“The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

“This Snow Crash thing--is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?”
    Juanita shrugs. “What's the difference?”
    ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
  • QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Quintessin wrote: »
    On the topic of soloing, at 42 I actually find soloing BAMs a lot of fun, and a pretty good challenge. Managed to solo a BAM quest last night in about 25 minutes (Had to kill 2 BAMs and then 1 "Harder than average" BAM.) Each kill was worth 350-400k xp, and the quest turn in was 700k. Grouped, that would have been about 90k a kill.

I'm pretty sure you get more XP when grouped? Or does this change when dealing with BAMs?

Xp is split in half when grouped, but you get a bonus depending on how many people are in the group. It's still less Xp per kill than soloing, however.

If you do Isle of Dawn in a 5man group, you won't hit 11 before you finish all the quests.

Quintessin on
  • TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    Less XP per kill, but assuming you are just killing non-stop it should in theory be more XP over time.

Tornelco wrote: »
    Less XP per kill, but assuming you are just killing non-stop it should in theory be more XP over time.

Yep. In the case of BAM Quests, if you want the MAXIMUM amount of Xp, you'd solo it. That would be lunacy, and defeat the entire purpose, but, it's pretty fun to solo them sometimes.

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Morvidus wrote: »
    My question is this:

Will Guild Wars 2 make me cancel my TERA sub the way TERA made me cancel my SWTOR sub? With extreme prejudice?

This is an opinion (sometimes it feels like you have to be explicit about that around here...) and based on only a weekend of each:

If the combat is what draws you, TERA will win. Outside of the Combat, I found TERA lacking in comparison to GW2 (quest presentation, pvp, crafting, etc.). It may be that both games are extremely different than what I experienced by time you reach max. level, but I definitely enjoyed TERA combat significantly more so than GW2.

am0n on
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    The popori success emote is great. Little dance and a series of "hell yes" noises. Though it seems like some of the weapons should be hauling them around after they swing them.

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Pirate ViperPirate Viper Registered User regular
    I'm not a very frequent poster on here, but I just picked this game up and figured I would roll on dragonfall, who would I message about a guild invite if that was alright with you folks?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just apply in the guild interface. Look for guilds on the server in the menu and search for We Are Nice Guys in it.

In your application note you should say who you are on here.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Pirate ViperPirate Viper Registered User regular
    Alright will do, Thanks for the info.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    12-1.jpg

• AumniAumni Registered User regular
    They're selling Tera at Five Guys now? Nifty.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
    Aumni wrote: »

Free Collector's Edition with the purchase of any value meal.

Five Guys? Value meal?

Get out, heathen.

• flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    Picture would have been more awesome with one of their large fries (iirc, it's that same cup filled with french fries)

Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Is that box just filled with fries?

Are you the magic man?
    edited May 2012
    Five guys technique for the dispensing of fries:

Drop empty cup in bag with burger.

Shovel in all the fries in the oil drain rack on the deep fryer.

Hand bag to customer.

(I took that picture while I was waiting for my food.)

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    One thing I would like to add in TERA's favor is the sense of accomplishment that comes from clearing dungeons. In other MMOs, all I gave a crap about was the drops and the instances were just a grindy means to an end. I actually feel a fair bit of pride and satisfaction that comes from a smooth dungeon run in TERA, though. Getting gear is good, but overcoming some of the more intense boss fights is better.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    am0n wrote: »

*does the squinty eyes* You've never been to Five Guys....have you?

Get the rope boys, I think we got us a lynchin' to do!

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    $10 for a fast food burger and a bag of greasy fries?

Sounds like five guys to me!

PNA1v.jpg
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    $10 for a fast food burger and a bag of greasy fries?

Sounds like five guys to me!

Five Guys burgers are not fast food burgers.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Through some odd whatevers I got sent headstart codes and was able to use one on my own account >_>;.

Definitely gonna consider picking the game up, will depend ENTIRELY on what happens after Mother's Day though.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • JNighthawkJNighthawk Registered User regular
    I guess I missed it in the last few pages, but the OP doesn't mention it either - what's the PvP server?

Game programmer
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    am0n wrote: »

*does the squinty eyes* You've never been to Five Guys....have you?

Get the rope boys, I think we got us a lynchin' to do!

I have been, but not frequently. Would require I drive to Patriot's Stadium, which I have no desire to do. :(

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    JNighthawk wrote: »
    I guess I missed it in the last few pages, but the OP doesn't mention it either - what's the PvP server?

Valley of Titans, but it's pretty packed atm.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    One thing I would like to add in TERA's favor is the sense of accomplishment that comes from clearing dungeons. In other MMOs, all I gave a crap about was the drops and the instances were just a grindy means to an end. I actually feel a fair bit of pride and satisfaction that comes from a smooth dungeon run in TERA, though. Getting gear is good, but overcoming some of the more intense boss fights is better.

it's actually pretty surprising when you kill a boss that you spent 5-6 minutes fighting it

Totally not fast food.

They did not start cooking my food until I ordered it!

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man, I'm getting annoying crashes from my video card that I just bought (Diamond AMD Radeon HD 6670).

I don't think it's a heating issue, I'm pretty well ventilated. Any ideas?

edit: just checked, fan's running, and I'm running on default settings (no overclocking) so that's not it.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    Try a clean install of your drivers?

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    well, ran driver sweeper and re-installed the drivers. Let's see if that works.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    Picked this up on a whim. Haven't rolled with the PA crew in a while, and decided what the fuck.

• A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    So I heard about something called buddy codes. Does anyone here happen to have one or happen to need a buddy?

I have a variety of buddy-type skills to offer.

PNA1v.jpg
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    So I heard about something called buddy codes. Does anyone here happen to have one or happen to need a buddy?

The buddy codes were only for the headstart I believe.

hLeTR.png
    edited May 2012
    ultimakay wrote: »

The buddy codes were only for the headstart I believe.

Ok. Makes sense with some of the strange chatter I heard about it.

A Flock of Walrus on
    PNA1v.jpg
  • DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but are the items included in the SE actually worth the extra money?

sig2-2.jpg
    The Digital CE? I think so, yes. That Lion mount is faster than the Lv40 mount, which costs 210g (A decent chunk), so every character you make saves on that. The necks are nice too.

• Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Soooo...what are the gold sinks in this game? I'm pretty much just spending gold on abilities, and it's starting to pile up.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Crafting, enchanting.

Are you the magic man?
  • JaentherJaenther Registered User regular
    Is there a good breakdown anywhere for the different customization options, like crystals and glyphs? Do you have to replace/upgrade glyphs the way you do crystals?

This discussion has been closed.