As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Australia and New Zealand Penny Arcade Xcursion TM - BrissyPAX 4/6/11

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jintor does bring up a good point, making shaped pasta is a bit more involved and is a bit easy to fuck up. that said, I would say that home-made fettuccini/ravioli/gnocchi or some other simple style is so simple and tasty, I wouldn't worry too much about trying to make fancy styles.

I should note that the texture between home-made and packet pasta is pretty different and you'll generally find that your sauces will stick better to home-made pasta and therefore you wouldn't really need spirals to hold onto the sauce, YMMV.

It's also a sure-fire way to impress dinner guests if you can whip out some homemade pasta

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Penne is my favourite pasta.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think maybe I didn't use enough flour or something, because the strands of pasta stuck together and when they were cooked they ended up being hideous round tentacle monsters that weren't cooked in the middle.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    One of the best pasta meals I ever had was when I went to a mate's place and we made basil and macadamia pesto with linguine all made completely from scratch

macadamias and basil from his back yard, home made pasta, parma regiano

jesus christ it was good.

We also made a 4 cheeses and honey pizza.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    goddamn it. i'm hungry. gonna go eat a pie

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As long as I can smother it in a cheese-based sause, and chop up some mushrooms, I am happy

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hrm shit. Now I kind of want a pie, but I'd have to go get one.
    That means locking up the house because it is only me here, I hate closing the windows and things on such a nice day.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    guys it's my last day working at PMH

I am kinda sad

also happy and relieved

but mostly sad

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    you know what's really annoying? when people try and talk to you while you're trying to read the paper.

edit: hey viv, I've no doubt they're gonna miss your hard work too

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That means locking up the house because it is only me here, I hate closing the windows and things on such a nice day.

Where do you live, Stim? Where I am it looks dreary as fuck.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    4 cheese and honey sounds like it'd be pretty good! I've had 3 cheese and pear, which is the same basic concept of mix cheese variety offset by the sweet pear, so I reckon 4 cheese and honey would be aces

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Tef wrote: »
    4 cheese and honey sounds like it'd be pretty good! I've had 3 cheese and pear, which is the same basic concept of mix cheese variety offset by the sweet pear, so I reckon 4 cheese and honey would be aces

it was lovely.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    LaCabra wrote: »

Where do you live, Stim? Where I am it looks dreary as fuck.

I live in Elwood, in between St Kilda and Brighton along the beach. But I'm not on the beach.

But yeah it is nasty looking outside. I think I'm just gonna cook some pasta and eat it instead.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Alright I had a smattering of muted approval about doing a thing in Brisbane so I'm taking this bull by the horns.

Who would be available to drink some drinks and hang out at my place on the south side
    TOMORROW, SATURDAY JUNE 4TH?

I feel like getting drunk and making tacos so that's gonna be my plan. I'll make tacos enough for everyone but you'd have to bring your own booze. There is also a little video game set up with rock band and castle crashers and tekken and some other fun stuff and a bunch of DVD movie films and we could play board games I don't know

BOOZE AND TACOS PEOPLE.

I go skating on Saturday afternoons so I was thinking arrivals around 5-6 would be ideal?
    There are sleeping facilities for 4-6 people so if you feel like crashing you're welcome. Girlfriends and such are welcome of course.

If you're interested and free I'd love to make this happen. Let me know by PM, maybe include everyone I included so we all know who can and who can't? Drop me your mobile number and we'll get shit done.

Viv can you maybe please put a thing in the thread title?

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Avicus and Lorahalo are in.

Who else?

#pipe on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fly me over?

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    heh.

QLD

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've made myself feel bad now :(

Hey blake, I was thinkin'. Would you be interested in teaching me to climb things one day? I'd be keen to give it a good shot, I think.

We also need to play some more DnD soon

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    For those in Perth interested in the Legos Of Doom (also Model Railways), my friends are heading there on Monday 6th June. It's at Claremont Showgrounds so we're meeting there at Gate 5 at 11am. If you wanna come with, meet us there or find us somewhere inside. We were going to meet in the city and train it, but Transperth like fucking the public in the ass so they've closed the entire Fremantle line for the long weekend.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When are you next in town.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'll be free either the 17th, 18th or 19th of June

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You are only in town for three days or are you spending time on the farm?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yeah, just in town for three days

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ok we will climb on either a Saturday or a Sunday.

Ask me closer to the date and we will finalise it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    awesome. The first couple of times, you'll have to carry me. I've already modified one of those baby-carrier backpacks to hold my 100kg+ frame, I'll just plop myself into that, strap myself on and away we go.

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nah. You'll go up the wall and I will say when you can come down.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    this isn't going to plan, at all

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Don't worry I'll let you do the girl climbs.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You know, climbs that girls do.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My next step is to introduce you to the tiny French girl who could tear you penis off if she wanted to.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    well I mean to be fair, tearing off a penis is no super great feat of strength I wouldn't think.

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    actually no. I've been trying for 7 years or so and it still hasn't come off.. Hmm...

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Given the quote in Tef's sig, I suspect Blake doesn't know how she does it either

Anzekay on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so yeah my coworkers took me out for farewell drinks

guess who's drunk

GO ON GUESS

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Your coworkers?

Jintor on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Your coworkers?

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    worst guessers

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    We were being ironic.

Jeez Viv you bogan getting drunk at 7, terrible terrible.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    they were just being nice and trying to send me off in style :(

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    You should still be out there partying

Jintor on
This discussion has been closed.