As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten Discussion] Elizabeth added to P4A; P4's cast is already dead.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:

I honestly can't recall the last time you contributed something to this thread beyond your negative opinions.

That said, I really enjoyed Persona 3's story(and the Answer, so I consider FES the definitive version), so I'll leave it at that.
    I like the gameplay of the answer, and the story is...Well, I have to say it's amazing in the fact that it could make me dislike yukari more than I already did.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It made Yukari sympathetic to me.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    It's amazing how the same exact conversations repeat every 10-20 pages here. I mean, I contribute heavily to that phenomenon myself, but I still find it funny.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    That's pretty much any topic that been around for more than one year.

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    Didn't Atlus say that the reason they cut the anime cutscenes in P3P was that they would have pushed the game's size passed the UMD's limits? I mean, they could have kept a few of them in with no problems (the game is a little over 1 GB now and I think max size for UMDs is 1.8 GBs) but they probably felt it wasn't worth it unless they could do all of them.

P3P has manual control over the entire party. That alone makes it better than any of the PS2 versions.

I sincerely doubt there's 800 MGB of cutscenes in P3: FES. For reference, that's like...a half hour (at 720p resolution) of cutscenes. At 480p, which is what I think is PSP's native, that's like 2 hours of cutscenes

and even if it were make them an install option like MGS: PW did with their spoken audio/bbs did with their cutscenes. again, no excuse.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    You're putting Atlus up against, respectively, Square Enix, Sega, and Konami, all much larger companies with much larger teams and much larger budgets.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no fan of P3P, but they pulled a feat in getting that game onto the PSP in any respect.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    It was a feat to do a minimal handheld upgrade on one of their most popular games?

Ooook.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So what does everyone think the chances of a Persona PSN sale anytime soon? Would really love to snag all three of them in a sale, so I can eventually have 1-4 all on my shiny new Vita.

• Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    It happens just about annually doesn't it? Which has me thinking its taken me almost two years to finish P3P. Hmph. Still wouldn't stop me from grabbing the others if it were to happen some time soon.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    cj iwakura wrote:
    You're putting Atlus up against, respectively, Square Enix, Sega, and Konami, all much larger companies with much larger teams and much larger budgets.

Don't get me wrong; I'm no fan of P3P, but they pulled a feat in getting that game onto the PSP in any respect.

i put atlus up against 3 companies who made completely, 100% original content for a dying/dead system which were graphically and hardware taxing as hell

in comparison atlus did a port of a 3 year old game that was ALSO stripped of a bunch of content and features and that, on the psp, looked like a...glorified ps1 game, let's be honest here

if anything atlus got the good end of the stick in that comparison

ed: and what the hell exactly is your point? they get a "participation ribbon" for doing something that made them money? We should be applauding making ports now?

Rent on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    P3P: Totally new social links and FeMC scenes.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    P3P looks amazing on the Vita, by the way.

• Options
    I feel really, REALLY stupid for buying P3 Portable a few weeks before the Vita came out...on UMD.

• Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    Guess who has two thumbs and just got Digital Devil Saga?

This guy.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I feel really, REALLY stupid for buying P3 Portable a few weeks before the Vita came out...on UMD.

Isn't Atlus one of the publishers who will let you get a digital copy of your UMD titles for a small price?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote:

Isn't Atlus one of the publishers who will let you get a digital copy of your UMD titles for a small price?

They're not doing that in the US at all, sadly.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    P4U announced for realsies, as P4A. I like the new title, as it's much less of a mouthful than Persona 4: The Ultimate: In Midnight Arena would've been.

• Options
    P4U announced for realsies, as P4A. I like the new title, as it's much less of a mouthful than Persona 4: The Ultimate: In Midnight Arena would've been.

I like the PS3 box art better than the Xbox 360 box art.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Drez wrote:

Good, I planned on getting it. Now all I need is Golden.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Drez wrote:

Good, I planned on getting it. Now all I need is Golden.

I think the colors stand out more on the Vita. Better contrast and whatnot. Could be my imagination.

Drez on
  • Options
    Well, since the Vita has 2X scaling on the pixels for the PSP stands to reason. From what I understand Maverick Hunter X looks simply amazing.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:

I like the PS3 box art better than the Xbox 360 box art.

Ha.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    Saves me the import tax!

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Release date kind of sucks. 8/7. Which means that P4 Golden is going to come out in like October at the earliest.

• Options
    Aye. Now what would be chiller is a port of SMT 3 for the Vita. Or hell, why not start a new series?

• Options
    Give me a Nocturne remake with voice acting and I will be a very, very happy man.

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Speaking of Nocturne, where the hell is Kaneko and what the hell is he doing these days? It feels like he vanished off the surface of earth ever since Strange Journey. I miss him :(

• Options
    You know it doesn't need that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    EVOL wrote:
    Speaking of Nocturne, where the hell is Kaneko and what the hell is he doing these days? It feels like he vanished off the surface of earth ever since Strange Journey. I miss him :(

I don't know but I'm not satisfied until I get a proper Nocturne II or something in a similar vein with Kaneko art out the ass. And I'm not talking the work he did for SJ or the DS: KR games... the gorgeous, mindblowing art we got for Nocturne.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote:
    It's not the feature Nocturne needs, but the feature Nocturne deserves.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    EVOL wrote:

I don't know but I'm not satisfied until I get a proper Nocturne II or something in a similar vein with Kaneko art out the ass. And I'm not talking the work he did for SJ or the DS: KR games... the gorgeous, mindblowing art we got for Nocturne.

I think Kaneko just doesn't have it in him anymore. To my knowledge, there isn't even a scrap of concept art for Raidou or Strange Journey, just the cover art.

Nothing like the mind-blowing setpieces he did for Nocturne, anyway.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    It's not the feature Nocturne needs, but the feature Nocturne deserves.

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallpaper/Games/Shin_Megami_Tensei_Nocturne/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Nocturne-1-RUTMSEBV0Z-1600x1200.jpg

That picture alone is just... jesus. So. Amazing. I've never seen better videogame art.

• Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Nocturne HD voiced by the original Neon Genesis Evangelion US localization voice acting cast!

• Options
    Behold the glory.

Thanks to stunedge from Dustloop.
    stunedge wrote: »
    I quit BB and I am totally in for P4U
    here's some cool colors available in the game

Yu: P3 Hero
    73352328.jpg

Yu: Ragna
    68595759.jpg

Yu: Ky
    33491951.jpg

Yousuke: Jin
    jinp.jpg

Yousuke: Chipp
    98160049.jpg

Chie: Makoto
    chiewb.jpg

Chie: Jam
    37291758.jpg

Yukiko: Carl / Ingrid from CFJ :p
    26827833.jpg

Yukiko: Anji
    27785542.jpg

Kanji: Tager
    58296154.jpg

Kanji: Potemkin
    37042521.jpg

Kuma: Taokaka
    18839596.jpg

Kuma: Faust
    21634524.jpg

Naoto: Hazama
    62022699.jpg

Naoto: May
    53280992.jpg

Mitsuru: Litchi
    in2f.jpg

Mitsuru: Axl
    mitsuru.jpg

Akihiko: Bang
    27310782.jpg

Akihiko: Slayer
    70113083.jpg

Aegis: v-13-
    24999445.jpg

Aegis: Justice
    24795641.jpg

Also, for each character you can pick w/o glass and w/ glass version. (like my avatar)
    P3 casts and Kuma also get their own glasses

74729176.jpg

mitrh.jpg

akie.jpg

24724715.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    I really, really hope they release a P4A joystick. I know I can mod my own joystick and all that jazz, but that's a lot of work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    So, SMT1 is out on iOS for $13.99.

The downside? It's untranslated.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Almost there, Atlus. ALMOST THERE.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Damn it Atlus the Vita came out, do a PSN sale to celebrate or something.

When your games are among the few still regularly priced at 40 bucks, it makes you look bad.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    heenato wrote: »
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Almost there, Atlus. ALMOST THERE.

I'll believe Soul Hackers Vita before I believe SMT1 makes it to the US... even an iOS version.

Atlus USA hate SMT1&2. :(

(Well, more specifically they don't think it'll make them any money.
    Dat be cray.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Maybe why it was released at such a high price point and untranslated?

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen