Let's get the biggest question out of the way : Will it Run Crysis?
OS: XP / Vista / Windows 7
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2GHz or better
GPU: nVidia 8800GT 512MB RAM, ATI 3850HD 512MB RAM or better
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Drive: 9 GB
Audio: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
DVD ROM: 8x
Seat : Couch
Viewing Device : TV
Console : Xbox 360 or PS3
Comes with free hateful scorn from PC elitists.
The world has been ravaged by a series of climatic disasters and society is on the verge of total breakdown. Now the aliens have returned, with a full invasion force bent on nothing less than the total annihilation of mankind, starting by trying to rip the heart out of Earth's most iconic city.
In New York, terrifying alien invaders stalk the streets and a nightmare plague strikes down the city's myriad inhabitants with brutal epidemic speed. The city's systems are in chaos, its streets and skyline are smashed and in flaming ruin. This is New York City like you've never seen it before.
Neither paramilitary law enforcement nor the might of the US military machine can stand against the invaders, and all who choose not to flee are dead men walking. Just to survive in this maelstrom of death will require technology beyond anything any modern soldier has ever seen.
One man will inherit that means to survive.
One supersoldier, wielding the combat enhancement technology of the future with Nanosuit 2, will make the last stand to save humanity from destruction in the urban jungle that is New York City.
Built by Crynet to be the next generation of military hardware, the Nanosuit turns regular soldiers into advanced weapons, supplying five key elements to victory : Strength, Armo(u)r, Speed, Cloaking and Tactical options. Combined together these make the wearer a new breed of soldier. You're not invincible, but you are more than equipped to overcome any obstacle in your way. Engage, adapt, survive.
comes with multiple attributes :
[ Jump higher ] - The Nanosuit allows you to jump higher than a normal soldier could, with this in mind you can traverse obstacles, climb higher and find better positions from up high. You can scale walls provided you get close enough to the edge
[ Fisticuffs ] - Get in close to your victim, charge the melee attack and deliver a skull crushing blow. Unlike regular melee, this uses suit energy so be careful.
[ Throwing] - See an item that would look better flying at your enemy? Grab barrels, cans, pizza boxes, life-savers, people, teddy bears or whatever is not nailed down and ditch it. Try grabbing enemies and tossing them off buildings or into water for good times.
[ Better aim ] - Weapon sway getting you down? Hold sprint and the suit will give better stability when aiming down sights
[Maximum Karate] - Kick a car into a dude and try not to smile. Go on.
- Allows you to go invisible and skulk around danger, rather than getting your hands dirty. You're not 100% safe though, as a patrolling or aggressive enemy will see you in close proximity.
- The faster you move, the faster the energy drains
- Getting hit will uncloak and fully drain the Nano-suit, be prepared if this happens.
- Attach a silencer and fire 1-3 shot bursts and you will remain cloaked. Fire too many rounds or fire without a silencer and your suit will drain fully.
- You can sneak up on enemies and stealth kill them, doing so will leave you uncloaked for a short period of time.
- Sneak up on enemies, plant C4 on their backs, sneak away. You practically have a mobile bomb if they're patrolling.
- Will help you in a sticky situation, in Armo(u)r mode explosions and incoming fire will bounce off you temporarily giving you a short burst of invulnerability. Slowly drains when you don't get hit. Also good for high (but not too high) falls. Unfortunately using Armo(u)r also makes you slower due to the excess bulk. Trade offs are worth it sometimes.
- Was a terrible movie about a bus, also a useful tool in the suit. If you need to get out of a situation fast, use the Nanosuit's speed to move much faster, gain momentum for longer jumps as well as the ability to slide under obstacles. Maximum momentum for the speedy soldier.
- Brings up useful information on the battlefield, including way-points, weapon stashes, enemy positions and flanking options. By hovering over and highlighting any of these, you can make them stay in your vision, allowing you to take advantage of patrolling guards and the ability to find and acquire weapons/ammo in a hurry.
- This fancy named contraption allows you to see heat sources in the environment, this includes cloaked enemies. Also useful in the dark for stalking [strike] girls who said no at the dance club [/strike] your enemies in both single and multi-player
COOL THINGS YOU NEED TO TRY :
- Attaching C4 to explosive barrels = Bigger booms
- Power-sliding on slopes for huuuge slides
- Firing the cannons in Castle Clinton
- Using the Power-slam suit upgrade from high heights. You won't die from the fall and feels awesome to pull off
- Diving into water, in some levels you can dive into water and find new paths, such as the level : Lab Rat.
- Using items in the world : Water coolers work, toasters shoot out toast, cameras flash. Dick around and see what you can find.
Unspoiler for Chart of Crysis 2 Weapons and statistics. Pew Pew Pew!
New York, New York Reveal Trailer
Be the Weapon
Crash Site is a team-based game mode where 2 sides compete for control of Ceph Drop Pods launched periodically into the map by drop ships patrolling overhead. Teams score points by guarding the pods and keeping enemies at bay.
Team Instant Action
Team Instant Action is a standard game mode pitting 2 teams against each other. Kill as many opponents as possible, whilst attempting to minimize your own deaths. Use the Nanosuit to sneak up on enemies in Stealth mode, or charge in and gun them down in Armor.
Rollout for Multiplayer Nanosuit enhancements:
Your Nanosuit has Invisible Mode, Armor Mode and Strength Mode.
A. Armor Nanosuit Mode
Basically, Armor mode deals with your protection against enemies and from your surroundings.
Armor Enhance III
Your Nanosuit uses a lot of energy, so this module will help you reduce the speed of energy being use. A reduced energy will extend the use of you Armor. An upgrade will grant you essential movements. Your speed will increase and for the last upgrade you will be protected from Nanosuit destructions.
Air Stomp III
If you are in the air, this will be a powerful downward attack to enemies. This may look good but rather difficult to pull.
An upgrade will provide you with protection against falling from high level distance. Second upgrade will help you recover faster after you get an Air Stomp Attacks.
Nano Recharge III
In battle you will need help for regaining health faster. This mode will help you recover your health really quick. An upgrade will provide faster recharge of energy.
Threat Tracer III
Using Threat Tracer III, you will be able to track enemies all the more you will be able to spot snipers too. In a botanical environment where enemies are difficult to track down this module will come in handy.
As soon as you upgrade you will be able to spot incoming grenades. And from another upgrade, explosives will easily be detected.
Energy Transfer III
With each kill you made you will be able to restore the energy of your Nanosuit. Not a helpful mode though. You’d rather use your Nanosuit’s energy to a much better module.
An upgrade will provide you with additional restored energy with every kill. And on your last upgrade, a full restored Nanosuit energy on every kill.
Proximity Alarm III
This module will alert you if an enemy is close at hand. It may be irritating because of the alert sound that comes on and off from time to time but it’s better be aware than get surprised.
As you upgrade this module, the warning frequency increases every time an enemy is close. And will be at maximum frequency at the last upgrade.
Detonation Delay III
This mode will assist you in delaying detonation of grenades that is close by. However, not much of a help since you can hear grenades dropping from nearby. You can buy some time to avoid grenades too.
An upgrade will detonate explosives of enemies. Automated defenses will develop after another upgrade. This will be useful from missile attacks.
B. Invisible / Stealth Nanosuit Mode
An ability you can use from your Nanosuit. You may enhance this mode by the following available options.
Blind Spot III
There will be a less chance of enemies tracking you down. You will be protected against radio radar. If you are an assaulter or a camper this module will be your best friend. You can run around freely from cover to cover.
Your next upgrade will protect you from enemy tagging. And for the last upgrade is a protection from enemies’ Nano vision.
Cloak Tracker III
This module will help you track enemies that are in stealth mode at nearby places. Then you can kill them easily. Your level of spotting a cloaked enemy will increase after an upgrade. You will be at maximum level of eyeing a cloaked enemy in your next upgrade.
Covert Ops III
Since your footsteps are your key to succeed on missions, this module will help you reduce the sound of your footsteps. You will gain protection against Airstrike in your next upgrade and for the last upgrade you will be able to hear your enemies’ footsteps.
Stealth Enhance III
For switching on and off to stealth mode, this module will help the transition a lot faster. An upgrade will make you more invisible and really difficult to spy. There will be no cost for shadow in Stealth mode and another upgrade will reduce the energy used.
You may interfere with the enemies’ radar within range with this module. You will be in silent, so radio radar won’t be able to detect you. You may easily kill an unguarded enemy nearby.
An upgrade will provide you with protection against Jammer attacks from enemies. And another upgrade will increase the range of your ability to interfere with enemies’ radar.
This mode will increase you ability to spot footsteps nearby. An upgrade will show you your enemies’ route. But careful not to fall into traps.
An upgrade will give highlights to your enemies’ routes this time with direction. And increase the frequency of highlighted routes from enemies on your next upgrade.
C. Power / Strength Nanosuit Mode
This module includes all your suit power skills.
Aim Enhance III
Reduce weapon’s backfire when aiming downwards. An upgrade will lessen aim shake from grenades or explosives. Another upgrade will increase the mobility of your weapon upon aiming downwards.
Mobility Enhance III
Will reduce the use of energy from using jumping and sprinting skills from this module. And increase your speed in ledge grab. Your firing skill after sprinting will increase too after an upgrade.
Loadout Pro III
You may now be allowed to carry an additional primary weapon along with your secondary weapon. An upgrade will alter the weight penalty from attaching another weapon. And for the last upgrade, your mobility will be increase even if carrying weapons that are heavy.
Point Fire Enhance III
If you are shooting from the Hip, this module will help you reduce the spread of your primary weapons. An upgrade will reduce the spread of your secondary weapon. And the last upgrade will reduce the spread fired from your mounted weapon.
Rapid Fire Pro
Your primary weapon will fire faster at this module. An upgrade will also increase your fire rate for your secondary weapon. For the mounted weapons, you will fire faster too at the last upgrade.
After an enemy is killed you will be able to collect Dog tags from them using this module. An upgrade will require one Dog Tag for support bonus to be activated. Support bonuses will be activated for long period of time after the last upgrade.
Side Pack III
This module will give you an additional magazine to carry as your primary ammunition. An upgrade will increase the number of explosives that you can carry. And for the last upgrade you now have an additional attachment for your ammunition.
Weapon Pro III
This module aids in reloading your weapon faster than usual. An upgrade will increase your timing for aiming downwards. For the next upgrade switching between weapons will be faster now.
(Multiplayer Victims of PA)
Dudes PM me your Name platform and user name so I can put it in the OP. If any clans want to pop up, I'll also include them and their banner in the OP too
Arthil - Toxic Soap
Dr_Keenbean - Dr_Keenbean
Joril - Joril
Angrypuppy - AngryPuppy
Delta Assault - DeltaAssault1
tardcore - Electrohed
Mulletude- Dug Danger
For PC users who want [MAXIMUM OPTIONS]
, I recommend a tasty helping of Wasdie's Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options addon. Be sure to read the instructions carefully so you don't fuck your system config files.
CRYSIS 2 ADVANCED OPTIONS ADDON
Ok, so you've just finished the game and you're sitting here thinking "What the fucking hell was that, what was going on this whole time?
Allow me to explain the events of Crysis 1 and 2 in a summary:
***ONLY READ ONCE YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME! YOU'RE ENTERING [strike]BAT[/strike] SPOILER COUNTRY***
-The Ceph species in Crysis 2 are another sub species of the one from Crysis 1, the ones on Lingshan evolved their technology differently from the ones in New York (so say Crytek at Siggraph). Think along the lines of evolution differences between animals on different continents.
***END SPOILER TRANSMISSION Guru Meditation #00000005.00C13870***
Crysis Facebook Page
Crysis 2 Official Website
InCrysis Modding Community
I CRY NEW YORK (The Octagon's High Def Screenshots)
- In the original, Hargreave's real intention was to send the suit to Lingshan to not only test it's combat effectiveness, but to play host as a concubine for alien infection. The suit was designed to amalgamate with the alien spore and take it's traits, but also use the alien infection and turn it into weapon against the ceph.
- The suit is built off technology Hargreave already knew about, hence the trophy pieces in his office of alien technology.
- The suit takes time to prepare, but is essentially a walking lab capable of turning host organisms into useful ones. The suit makes a direct link to the owner, protecting them and adjusting on the fly to ensure the owner stays alive, even if involves combining with them.
- At the end of 1, Prophet goes a bit insane and the exposure to the virus not only corrupted the suit, but himself. In the ice scene towards the end, Prophet is found by Nomad and he is badly hurt and his attitude has changed. When Lingshan is nuked and Prophet goes in, his actions are more reckless than cautious as he was because he has become host to a parasite virus which he cannot control properly.
- Somewhere between Crysis and the start of 2, Prophet makes his way back to Hargreaves carrying the virus and in it's state it has become airborne, anyone who is affected is clearly killed off slowly. Hargreave/Rasch try to find a possible cure from the suit's data and structure, but cannot complete the process without a decent sample from the alien tissue.
- While New York is in Chaos, the Ceph take advantage of the suffering and evacuation with an underground invasion, causing more chaos.Alcatraz, with the help of the suit brings the final pieces together and combines both the Lingshan born virus with the newly attacking ceph to create an antivirus and destructive bioweapon against the ceph.
- The ceph are related to ocopi and branched off to a more intelligent species, a bit weird but whatever.
- Hargreaves wanted to take all the glory in saving the world for fame, fortune and bitches, by convincing Alcatraz that the suit has brewed the adequate cure in his bipedal lab, he tries to steal it from him.
- Alcatraz once again listens to anyone with a mouth and delivers the final dose of the bioweapon to the Ceph.
- This pisses the ceph off even more, and there are hundreds of ceph locations waiting to be awakened.
- Prophet, being a host survived as a part of the suit because the virus merged with his DNA, sailing his traits, personality and knowledge. Propthet is now a part of the suit and Alcatraz is the zombified body on the inside serving as a host.
I Cry New York : A collection of in-engine screens from The Octagon, a well known poster in the NeoGaf Forums. The Octagon is in the gaming industry and has access to some tools most people can't get a hold of, allowing for some amazing screens of games out there.
Crysis 2 Wiki
Crytek has the best Age Gate ever ->