Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

emergency [chat]

1555658606163

Posts

  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    I managed to find sake in the shop.

    Does anyone know how I warm it?

    Don't

    Okay...so should I drink it with ice or without?

    no ice

    what sort of sake is it?

    ....normal sake!

    then it should be drunk at room temperature or slightly chilled

  • DynagripDynagrip destroy everything you touch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    and off to sail like a privileged white guy.

    gusinrepose.png
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

  • WashWash Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    How's the job hunt going, Will?

    not great. i'm sure something will come up tho.

    Are you just looking for jobs similar to what you were at before? You used to tend bar back in college, right, might be nice just to get out there and do something while looking for a position closer to what you had before. Make some cash, get out of the house.

    i've considered it, but the way that american unemployment works is that i'd lose all my benefits if i worked at all, and there's no way i can make as much as i'm getting with a bartending gig.

    As great as that is for you, it's hard not to be disgusted with how that works. Happy hunting and all that, but wow.

    08owef8ecd0o.jpg

  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

  • WashWash Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    08owef8ecd0o.jpg

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    No name!

    Also another day, another day of indecision as to what to do.

    huntresssig.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    WMain00: I can't read Japanese!

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    god i am so tired

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Got a spray for my itchy foot. Hope it works!

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    gonna make buffalo style shake & bake chicken for dinner tonight

    also steam some broccoli, maybe toss it with oyster sauce

    goin kind of down-market tonight

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User
    edited April 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    WMain00: I can't read Japanese!

    doragon sake: rice wine.

  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This spray has transmuted into powder upon my foot.

    Witchcraft!

  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow, I had no idea how massive a t-bone steak is.

    Also, Suckerpunch was not as bad as I thought it would be.

  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    No name!

    Also another day, another day of indecision as to what to do.

    Go dump 1k on a PS3, Rock Band 1, 2 and 3, a bunch of DLC and play online with me in about 2 hours.

    Obvsies

    sigtk.jpg
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    WMain00: I can't read Japanese!

    doragon sake: rice wine.

    Poragon Sake is produced from the finest selected rice and it is traditionally drunk warm. Doragon Sake is also an adventurous alternative to white wine or as a base for exotic cocktails. It can be enjoyed chilled or over ice. The perfect accompaniment for sushi, shellfish and seafood.

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    No name!

    Also another day, another day of indecision as to what to do.

    Go dump 1k on a PS3, Rock Band 1, 2 and 3, a bunch of DLC and play online with me in about 2 hours.

    Obvsies

    I don't *have* 1k.

    huntresssig.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    How's the job hunt going, Will?

    not great. i'm sure something will come up tho.

    Are you just looking for jobs similar to what you were at before? You used to tend bar back in college, right, might be nice just to get out there and do something while looking for a position closer to what you had before. Make some cash, get out of the house.

    i've considered it, but the way that american unemployment works is that i'd lose all my benefits if i worked at all, and there's no way i can make as much as i'm getting with a bartending gig.

    As great as that is for you, it's hard not to be disgusted with how that works. Happy hunting and all that, but wow.

    we don't really do a very good job of running our country

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh, well in that case just add "Spend some time behind Olive Garden" in the front

    sigtk.jpg
  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    you shouldn't drink sake over ice that would be gauche

  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User
    edited April 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    though seriously saying it's "normal sake" is like saying "regular wine" when someone asks what kind of wine you have

    I seriously dont honestly know.

    What is the name on the bottle, for starters.

    WMain00: I can't read Japanese!

    doragon sake: rice wine.

    Poragon Sake is produced from the finest selected rice and it is traditionally drunk warm. Doragon Sake is also an adventurous alternative to white wine or as a base for exotic cocktails. It can be enjoyed chilled or over ice. The perfect accompaniment for sushi, shellfish and seafood.

    ...

    I can read the back too!

  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »

    ...

    I can read the back too!

    :P

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • WashWash Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    How's the job hunt going, Will?

    not great. i'm sure something will come up tho.

    Are you just looking for jobs similar to what you were at before? You used to tend bar back in college, right, might be nice just to get out there and do something while looking for a position closer to what you had before. Make some cash, get out of the house.

    i've considered it, but the way that american unemployment works is that i'd lose all my benefits if i worked at all, and there's no way i can make as much as i'm getting with a bartending gig.

    As great as that is for you, it's hard not to be disgusted with how that works. Happy hunting and all that, but wow.

    we don't really do a very good job of running our country

    Oh, I asked my mom about this shortly after posting my disgust and apparently we do the same thing here. Unemployment is proportional to previous salary. Ugh.

    08owef8ecd0o.jpg

  • ElldrenElldren 3067-6294-6208Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    fuck it i'm taking a nap

  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    you shouldn't drink sake over ice that would be gauche

    they don't have french in japan, eldrendil

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    fuck it i'm taking a nap

    Have a nice nap.

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • LudiousLudious Festering butt-snuffler Dickville, pop: meRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm a bit embarrassed about this but..does anyone know of a really good guide explaining subnets and ip addresses and what their bit values etc mean

    I am doing ace on my Network+ studies but when it comes to these binary questions associated with ip's and subnets I am like wtf math?

    I'm a sysadmin and I don't have access to the routers so it's not like it's expected as my job duties but it's still embarrassing to admit.


    Google Talk: ludious83
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea how massive a t-bone steak is.

    Also, Suckerpunch was not as bad as I thought it would be.

    steaks aren't really a common way of serving meat in europe, are they?

    i rather enjoyed suckerpunch. i feel like the really negative reviews were pushing back really hard against something that the movie really wasn't centrally about - the "girls with guns" thing was, to me, a more of a female-oriented power fantasy than male-oriented sexual exploitation. also, the cinematography and framing was dynamic and riveting.

    the movie was not perfect. i do feel like some of the more interesting ideas in the plot were not conveyed all that well in the narrative, though. maybe it was a matter of poor editing. also, the characters were mostly pretty undeveloped and not particularly sympathetic for the most part.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    will, did you ever play MNC

    I can't remember

    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    How's the job hunt going, Will?

    not great. i'm sure something will come up tho.

    Are you just looking for jobs similar to what you were at before? You used to tend bar back in college, right, might be nice just to get out there and do something while looking for a position closer to what you had before. Make some cash, get out of the house.

    i've considered it, but the way that american unemployment works is that i'd lose all my benefits if i worked at all, and there's no way i can make as much as i'm getting with a bartending gig.

    As great as that is for you, it's hard not to be disgusted with how that works. Happy hunting and all that, but wow.

    we don't really do a very good job of running our country

    Oh, I asked my mom about this shortly after posting my disgust and apparently we do the same thing here. Unemployment is proportional to previous salary. Ugh.

    well, that part makes some sense to me, since you're paying more into unemployment insurance via taxes while working, and presumably the expenses you're responsible for are going to scale with your salary. our system caps at a pretty low level of income though.

    i'm pretty sure that in canada, though, if you're on unemployment and take work for less than your current benefit, you are still eligible for at least some of your benefit.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    will, did you ever play MNC

    I can't remember

    yeah

    didn't really like it.

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Weird looking at Lindsay Lohan in that movie and seeing what she's turned into. I remember when she turned 18 and everyone was all "woohoo legal! Let's tap that" and then everybody did and now her snatch much look like a marsh.

    A regularly used synonym for vagina in Swedish actually means "wet marshland" when tracing back the word's original meaning.

    This has been Swedish Class #401, tune in for more.

    What is the word I need to use it.

    It is fitta.

    But it is quite rude!

  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Honk wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Weird looking at Lindsay Lohan in that movie and seeing what she's turned into. I remember when she turned 18 and everyone was all "woohoo legal! Let's tap that" and then everybody did and now her snatch much look like a marsh.

    A regularly used synonym for vagina in Swedish actually means "wet marshland" when tracing back the word's original meaning.

    This has been Swedish Class #401, tune in for more.

    What is the word I need to use it.

    It is fitta.

    But it is quite rude!

    Muahaha...

    I love insulting people in ways they do not understand.

    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • WashWash Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    you shouldn't drink sake over ice that would be gauche

    they don't have french in japan, eldrendil

    Randomly inserting French into regular conversation is tres pretentious

    08owef8ecd0o.jpg

  • HonkHonk Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Weird looking at Lindsay Lohan in that movie and seeing what she's turned into. I remember when she turned 18 and everyone was all "woohoo legal! Let's tap that" and then everybody did and now her snatch much look like a marsh.

    A regularly used synonym for vagina in Swedish actually means "wet marshland" when tracing back the word's original meaning.

    This has been Swedish Class #401, tune in for more.

    What is the word I need to use it.

    It is fitta.

    But it is quite rude!

    Muahaha...

    I love insulting people in ways they do not understand.

    It's why I know how to insult people in a Somali dialect I don't even know the name of.

  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User
    edited April 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »

    ...

    I can read the back too!

    :P

    ;-)

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I didn't know porygon was a sake

    Per3th.jpg
  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    flicka

    fitta

    getting the two mixed up would be a faux pas

    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea how massive a t-bone steak is.

    Also, Suckerpunch was not as bad as I thought it would be.

    steaks aren't really a common way of serving meat in europe, are they?

    i rather enjoyed suckerpunch. i feel like the really negative reviews were pushing back really hard against something that the movie really wasn't centrally about - the "girls with guns" thing was, to me, a more of a female-oriented power fantasy than male-oriented sexual exploitation. also, the cinematography and framing was dynamic and riveting.

    the movie was not perfect. i do feel like some of the more interesting ideas in the plot were not conveyed all that well in the narrative, though. maybe it was a matter of poor editing. also, the characters were mostly pretty undeveloped and not particularly sympathetic for the most part.

    You can probably get steak at nearly every restaurant down here. Nothing fancy, that's what steakhouses are for (or American themed restaurants, like the one I went to - no, I don't miss Boston, why do you ask? :P).

    Suckerpunch works quite well when you watch it as an allegory to the current state of cinema in Hollywood. If it was meant that way, it's even brilliant, if not it's still a nice way to waste some time.

  • Irond WillIrond Will Dragonmaster Cambridge. MASuper Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    actually

    isn't there a car called the Fitta?

    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.