As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] - WoD of Darkness Game Over! Vampire Victory!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ugh.

and you all wonder why the village has been doing so poorly lately.
    Limed so hard, even the lime is limed.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ahava You are talking too much crazy talk. Which means you are a village idiot. Most likely a Twilight Fan.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ugh.

and you all wonder why the village has been doing so poorly lately.

When's vote close? Because...Challenge Accepted

I'll successfully pick a Mafia by the end of today*.

*Unless vote close is really early and i'm asleep.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Why T_A instead of Fiaryn? I'm always willing to be swayed by a good argument.
    It's completely random, as far as I can tell. I see no reason to vote out Fiaryn either.

Also, this.
    Teucrian wrote: »
    If you guys really don't want to let Dunadan play, take it up with an admin, or with people running the game. But repeated, unprompted, day one bullying makes me pretty angry.

You made your point. He got punished for his outburst in the Blarnfidel game. He got voted out in the 80s phalla. Move on.
    Really, Teucrian? Really?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's completely random, as far as I can tell. I see no reason to vote out Fiaryn either.

C'mon now, there is very rarely a good reason to vote out anyone on Day 1. I like "He uses caps lock a lot" as a reason.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Also, this.
    If you guys really don't want to let Dunadan play, take it up with an admin, or with people running the game. But repeated, unprompted, day one bullying makes me pretty angry.

You made your point. He got punished for his outburst in the Blarnfidel game. He got voted out in the 80s phalla. Move on.

Really? T_A? Really?

Ultimately this is just a game and not only is day 1'n dunadan every game detrimental to the village, but its just downright mean.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

C'mon now, there is very rarely a good reason to vote out anyone on Day 1. I like "He uses caps lock a lot" as a reason.

A contender appears

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    roman, vote closes at 2pm for me. i think that's 4pm for you?

There is plenty to be learned on day 1, during day 1, after day 1. and anybody that tells you differently is either a fool, lying, or just not paying enough attention.

also

why the FUCK am I still awake.

example, please take a look at Samurai's vote for me.

I have a few votes on me already, most of them joke votes. I am not really talking any crazy talk, but he certainly would like you all to think that I am. And then to hurl an insult like that at me in the process.

If Samurai is not mafia then he is a special role of some kind.

There, you have my thoughts, do as you will, children

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All caps, !Fiaryn, really? In the voice of Comic Book Guy, "Worst DM Ever". That's right, I went there.

Hava, I don't know if it's just something about the air in kiwiland, but you're acting awfully suspicious...almost how I would expect a Malkavian to act.

Heffling on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    it could be because it's after midnight and i should have been in bed and passed out asleep 2 hours ago.

It could also be that you're used to fools and people with their heads in clouds playing on day One.

It could also be that I really am just a suspicious girl, I talk a lot in games, and most players aren't used to that, so I look suspicious.

I'm also a vocal advocate for thinking for yourself,not following the crowd just because, and that everything is important.

even my inane ramblings.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    pretty sure that 2pm for you is 12pm for me. Should be fine.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

i don't have much to say really. i'll try to be a bit more.... interesting later.

you all just bore me
    What a shame we don't all conform to what you think is reality
    such a pity then that i'm not a vampire.

Those things don't exist. They're fairytales made up for gullible children and horny teenage girls who don't know any better.

Once you stop living in your fantasy world, come talk to me little boy.
    Not doing the spreadsheet...

All of the above screams "crazy" to me, just like a Malkavian should be. Especially the last one. How can you not just love spreadsheets? =p

Heffling on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    hmm

Well, i'm a human. that's what my role PM said. that's what I'm sure the majority of Role PMs said.

And in this world of darkness, chaos, and despair, there are no such things as vampires, werewolves, demons and fae. No mummies arisen from the dead or the prometheans that just don't die when they're supposed to.

They're all fairy tales.

And spreadsheets are dandy. but I did one for the last main and i'm just plain burnt out on them for the moment.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'll, uh, vouch for lonelyahava's statement that this amount of talkativeness is normal for her, heh. That doesn't mean that she's not a baddie, 'course.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    awww, thanks sweetie.

I appreciate the vouching.

I can promise this.

Kill me early enough in the game and my post count may not be the highest in the thread by the end of the game.

Wait too long, say day 3 or 4, and none of you will catch me.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't think I've voted for Anon in a while

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    <3

If you ARE a baddie, though, I am gonna be so screwed. In fact I feel like every single post I've made thus far has been pretty suspicious, way to get back into the swing of things, me.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nah, you're doing alright, Poochie.

yeah, i like that nickname for you.

holy frak its almost 1am.

why am i still awake.

alright, i'm gonna go try to pass back out again.... I may or may not be back before close, who knows...

but probably. lord knows i can't sleep past 1030 anymore.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I find that usually loud people are not mafia or special, they talk a lot in the thread because there is nothing else they could do. I could be wrong though.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It would be easy to continue grudging Duna, but I'm going to try to be a little more thoughtful in how I'm voting, even on Day 1. That leaves me with a choice of Fiaryn or T_A. The first, because he just seems to be acting strange, or maybe that's how he normally is? The second, because he seems more active than other times when I have played with him, or maybe I'm mistaken on that.

For now T_A, but if someone has a better argument I'm willing to listen...

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Also, this.

Really? T_A? Really?

Ultimately this is just a game and not only is day 1'n dunadan every game detrimental to the village, but its just downright mean.
    This "voting Duna is MEAN you guys!" mentality you're pushing, is meaningless. The way I see it, if you were village, there'd be no reason for you to try and stop the Duna wagon in its tracks that way. You don't complain when someone else is repeatedly day one'd, do you?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    This "voting Duna is MEAN you guys!" mentality you're pushing, is meaningless. The way I see it, if you were village, there'd be no reason for you to try and stop the Duna wagon in its tracks that way. You don't complain when someone else is repeatedly day one'd, do you?

Uhhh, yes? Yes I do?

Have a look through past games...I almost always avoid duna/kime wagons day 1 out of principle. I also thought I posted here that you shouldn't day 1 Fiaryn either, because he's only just came back to the game, however upon trying to quote it, I guess the forum ate it.

This is first and foremost a game. Vindictively denying someone from the game is just plain immature at best and bad playing at worst. In my opinion its just common courtesy to extend the "don't kill newbies day 1" rule to people who've just come back from a hiatus or who got day 1'd last game.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Uhhh, yes? Yes I do?

Have a look through past games...I almost always avoid duna/kime wagons day 1 out of principle. I also thought I posted here that you shouldn't day 1 Fiaryn either, because he's only just came back to the game, however upon trying to quote it, I guess the forum ate it.

This is first and foremost a game. Vindictively denying someone from the game is just plain immature at best and bad playing at worst. In my opinion its just common courtesy to extend the "don't kill newbies day 1" rule to people who've just come back from a hiatus or who got day 1'd last game.
    And if it's a game, why do you insist on telling other people how to play?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    RNG says Coutts is a no good twilight.

Stew_Stick on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just out of curiosity, since I haven't been around in a while, what did Duna do in the Blarnfidel game, and how many times in a row has he been day one'd recently?

And I've gotta say it's pretty odd that he hasn't insulted anyone in this thread yet.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This is first and foremost a game. Vindictively denying someone from the game is just plain immature at best and bad playing at worst.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    T_A, is being a meany poop.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just out of curiosity, since I haven't been around in a while, what did Duna do in the Blarnfidel game, and how many times in a row has he been day one'd recently?

And I've gotta say it's pretty odd that he hasn't insulted anyone in this thread yet.

He pretty much played as he usually does, or so I've been told. He just turned it up to 11, revealed early, wasn't able to prove it, insulted people for doubting him, and made no real effort to clarify things. Consequently, he hung up and distracted the village for 3 or 4 days. It just made for an entirely unpleasant experiance, in a game that had the potential to be awesome.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    !Ahava FOR STARTING A DAY 1 BANDWAGON ON ME ON MY FIRST GODDAMN GAME BACK IN MONTHS.

THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY I AM ALWAYS ANGRY ALL THE TIME.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i autofail my angst check 'cause i don't have any angst dice!
    i put them all into RIP AND TEAR.

also, this looks like a village vs. mafia vs. mafia game, in case anyone hadn't noticed. fun!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    oldmanken wrote: »

He pretty much played as he usually does, or so I've been told. He just turned it up to 11, revealed early, wasn't able to prove it, insulted people for doubting him, and made no real effort to clarify things. Consequently, he hung up and distracted the village for 3 or 4 days. It just made for an entirely unpleasant experiance, in a game that had the potential to be awesome.
    Well, it was awesome. Just not as awesome as it could, nay, should have been.

Although the shit Duna pulled did cost the village the game, simply by keeping them from voting out actual mafia.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    also, Dunadan is the vote I want to make, since the only vague grudge I have is SPACE HORROR.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well yeah, it was awesome. But like you say, it could have been super mega awesome without the shenanigans... and if I had survived past Day 2.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I'm not. I'm explaining that constantly day 1ing someone is a mean and immature thing to do. If you're ok with that then go right ahead.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That's...not how I see it.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Screw it. !The Anonymous

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    also, this looks like a village vs. mafia vs. mafia game, in case anyone hadn't noticed. fun!

Dead vampire reported in red, werewolves' kill reported in green

therefore you are wrong

and also a vampire (someone vig Lucedes)

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Done.
    I'm not actually the vig.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »

Dead vampire reported in red, werewolves' kill reported in green

therefore you are wrong

and also a vampire (someone vig Lucedes)

YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WORLD OF DARKNESS AND SIMULTANEOUSLY BELIEVE WEREWOLVES AREN'T YOUR ENEMIES.

BECAUSE GUESS WHAT BOYS AND GIRLS, THEY GIVE JUST AS LITTLE OF A FUCK ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING AS VAMPIRES. EVERYONE WHO ISN'T A HUMAN SEES HUMANS AS AT WORST CATTLE AND AT BEST HIGHLY IGNORABLE COLLATERAL DAMAGE.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't wanna get eaten

D:

3cl1ps3 on