As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Solving Crimes on the Small Screen

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Oh man, Law and Order SVU had Casey Novak come back this past week against Terrance Howard from Law and Order: LA

Shit was intense.

How the fuck?

Wasn't she
    disbarred

she had her license suspended

not disbarred

in the S9 finale she was suspended

in S10 the new ADA said "she lied to a judge and got disbarred"

why do I know this?

what have I become
    netflix told me

DivideByZero on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    S10's ADA was a drunk and a whore

also, didn't she get blown up or something this season?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Greylich? She left mid-season 10 to "go back to DC" probably because she was so horribly forgettable that I just had trouble remembering her goddamn name and I watched two episodes last night

Was there an episode that featured her drinking? because that would be both hilarious and an attempt to give her some miniscule amount of characterization beyond "she's kind of hot, i guess" and "we'll keep calling her a crusader and hope that sticks."

DivideByZero on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can't stand watching Bones, basically because "Bones" is a horribly written overly stereotyped character, in my opinion.

Yay, she's a genius who is so utterly intelligent that she is incapable of grasping the most basic of societal norms.

Eh, just doesn't do it for me.

Now...Castle? Love that show.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Panda4You wrote: »
    I'd inject these two into my arm if I could.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpCfNjxs9IfBKkqt-wGxfpjKWiAeLpDwuTvpFQz55MwgLrA5WZGQ
    Goren's the ringer crack and Eames is the finely selected lidocaine to cut it with.

Fuck whatever troglodyte who wrote that goddamn homeland defense double ep. though!

I could watch a whole station devoted to Vincent D'Onofrio. The man is a treasure.

the exit of D'Onofrio and his partner made no sense. Like, it went beyond unbelievable to just non sequitur.

Langly on
  • Options
    VanityPantsVanityPants Gokai Red! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bones was really fun and good, I think. She actually developed and became less annoying.

Then all of a sudden she reverted and lost any social knowledge she had learned and became a caricature of herself again.

It is weird and frustrating.

Castle is way better.

Also can we talk about Damages? It is a show about lawyers instead of cops, but I love it so much.

VanityPants on
    Gokai_zpsdvyiviz0.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Greylich? She left mid-season 10 to "go back to DC" probably because she was so horribly forgettable that I just had trouble remembering her goddamn name and I watched two episodes last night

Was there an episode that featured her drinking? because that would be both hilarious and an attempt to give her some miniscule amount of characterization beyond "she's kind of hot, i guess" and "we'll keep calling her a crusader and hope that sticks."

in the episode where she's trying a guy that was an alcoholic and gets drunk and kills his wife or something

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

in the episode where she's trying a guy that was an alcoholic and gets drunk and kills his wife or something

That lady was ballsy. She slapped Stabler in the face once.

And another time they caught a rapist and it turns out that by catching this guy they exonerated some innocent guy that Stabler busted 10 years prior. Stabler goes to the jail to be like "sorry man, we caught the actual rapist so you're getting out now. I'm real sorry about that."

Long story short, the actual rapist dies at the end and the DA is like "whoops, that innocent guy still has to be in jail for the rest of his life because the actual rapist is dead. Go do your job Stabler and tell him that"

Hard. As. Fuck.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I watched that last night! It was the S11 premiere. it had Wentworth Miller just straight up not giving a fuck.

wasn't greylich though, she was long gone by then. that was someone filling in for Cabot, and she was all "innocent men are in prison for crimes they didn't commit, run the lineup again in sequential order!" but when they KNEW without a doubt they had put an innocent man in prison for 10 years she threw up her hands like, "well unless you know the Governor!"

though she did look kind of upset to be fair.

Now I gotta track down greylich getting all sauced. Did Netflix pull all of SVU off Instant last night or some junk?

DivideByZero on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Divide I was wrong. Greylich was the cute DA, wasn't she? She was the one right after Novak.

The one you and I are talking about right now about not giving a fuck was the drunk one who showed up to court wasted (I don't know if she died this season, I just heard an DA did and I thought it was her.)

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    yeah Greylich was Novak's replacement. Michaela McManus? just a pretty face and no chemistry with the cast. Part of my raging hate-boner for season 10. Luckily they hustled her out halfway through.

I'm only one episode into S11 but I can already see this DA getting hammered in court, looking forward to that.

Which reminds me of the "very special episode" about teen drinking

And the "very special episode" about fetal alcohol syndrome

DivideByZero on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

And another time they caught a rapist and it turns out that by catching this guy they exonerated some innocent guy that Stabler busted 10 years prior. Stabler goes to the jail to be like "sorry man, we caught the actual rapist so you're getting out now. I'm real sorry about that."

Long story short, the actual rapist dies at the end and the DA is like "whoops, that innocent guy still has to be in jail for the rest of his life because the actual rapist is dead. Go do your job Stabler and tell him that"

Hard. As. Fuck.
    they wound up getting the innocent guy freed though

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Hard. As. Fuck.

Seriously? What episode was that? Did the Governor get involved or something?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Hard. As. Fuck.

Seriously? What episode was that? Did the Governor get involved or something?

the super rich dude that did the murder's lawyer confessed that she knew what happened and then stabbler arrested her later cause the innocent dude got all pissed

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    I can't stand watching Bones, basically because "Bones" is a horribly written overly stereotyped character, in my opinion.

Yay, she's a genius who is so utterly intelligent that she is incapable of grasping the most basic of societal norms.

Eh, just doesn't do it for me.

Now...Castle? Love that show.

You and me, Zip. I don't understand how people can like her.

It's a bad thing when your title character is a cringe inducing, one note joke.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Talon did you ever finish Carrion Comfort

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm pretty much marathoning Psych and I love it oh so much

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    I'm pretty much marathoning Psych and I love it oh so much

I've been watching through House from the beginning but I'm almost all done, and I think Psych is up next, since while it looked great I never watched a single episode.

Ranlin on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The thing about Psyche I can't understand is the central thing about him pretending to be a psychic
    When actually he just has a superhuman level of attention to detail
    Which to me is the exact same thing as being psychic
    So why not just say that?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    SvidrigailovSvidrigailov Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I never got that either. He's spent however many seasons fooling everyone with his observational and deductive abilities--how is that not more impressive?

Svidrigailov on
    Neither the whole of truth nor the whole of good is revealed to any single observer, although each observer gains a partial superiority of insight from the peculiar position in which he stands. It is enough to ask of each of us that he should be faithful to his own opportunities and make the most of his own blessings, without presuming to regulate the rest of the vast field.
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Hard. As. Fuck.

Yeah that was A.D.A. Sonya Paxton, not A.D.A. Kim Greylek.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    BaronSamediBaronSamedi Same dude as yesterday. The AlamoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ...I'm too lazy to go back and find out who did it but:

Thank you whoever recommended/mentioned The Glades. Entertaining show.

BaronSamedi on
    "Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?"--George Carlin
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just watched "Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose," from the X-Files

so good

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What did I tell you

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's true, you did tell me. You were right about the lore episodes too

What Didgeridoo has learned today: If Bale has an X-Files opinion, it is probably correct

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    First stop x-files

Next stop, everything else

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    bale make a bone thread

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How is it possible that as long as I have been posting here I have never made a Bone thread

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I never got that either. He's spent however many seasons fooling everyone with his observational and deductive abilities--how is that not more impressive?

I'm pretty sure it's because he's lazy and doesn't want to have to do any official training or anything

faking psychic just allows him to do pretty much whatever he wants

unrelated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_68d7DvcBg

p.s. Archer Season 1 is back on Instant wasn't sure where else to post that.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The thing is I don't even consider it "faking"
    Like if you asked me, "What is your definition of a psychic?"
    I would say, "Someone with an extremely elevated ability to notice small details and put them together to form an accurate picture of events that person wasn't present for."
    Which is exactly what he does
    So basically he is a psychic as far as I can tell

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    He did have to do some training in season 5 but that didn't work out well like usual.

Ralph Macchio barely come out of it alive and with some semblance of dignity.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    has anyone seen The Killing? I like it so far.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »

Yes!

I enjoyed it.

Well. Enjoyed is perhaps the wrong word for something that bleak. Appreciated it?

I liked it.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    There's an episode where Lassiter finds out Juliet scored higher than him on the detectives exam and he gets all angry and then at the end of the episode Shawn reveals that Henry made him take it when he was 13 and he got a 100. He doesn't realize that's an unusual score.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    has anyone seen The Killing? I like it so far.

TLB and I and a couple other people have been digging on it

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »

Yes!

I enjoyed it.

Well. Enjoyed is perhaps the wrong word for something that bleak. Appreciated it?

I liked it.

I am a super jaded reader by now

but

oh my god what Harod does at the end. I had such a visceral reaction of disgust.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Aahahah.

I'm watching Jericho again now and mean old Sheriff Constantino is being played by Lassiter.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tangentially related:

but I am super jazzed for the Burn Notice movie this sunday

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sam Axe is basically the reason I watched that show.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I mentioned it in the Batman thread yesterday, but Campbell was on reddit yesterday answering questions.

I was too shy to ask him to be my BFF.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png