As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo 3DS Thread: New Thread for 3DS Discussion

• Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Try setting it the game to one-round matches. You'll only have to win once.

Rex Dart on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lodsiek wrote: »
    Playing Street Fighter on the Hardest setting, and...
    FUCK SETH. FUCK HIM AND FUCK CAPCOM AND FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT SETH'S CHEAP MOTHERFUCKING ASS GODDAMNIT. I was doing JUST FUCKING FINE until SETH. Why the flying happy-go-lucky fuck is he even in the goddamn game?!?!?!?!!?

Sorry. Had to vent. I'm really that frustrated.

I hate him almost just as much when I'm only playing on medium. I'm pretty sure he has extra health in arcade mode as he sure as shit doesn't have any in versus. Maybe he'd be fine if he wasn't buffed in arcade.
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Try setting it the game to one-round matches. You'll only have to win once.

The thing with the Seth boss battle is that there are a bunch of moves that he doesn't use until he has lost. If it's set to one round, he uses them right away.

Peewi on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Going to be gone for a few days now. Your Uncle Sporky is in charge.

If you need any contact numbers you know where to find them.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    24 Streetpasses now.

FYI -> Anyone living in Perth, there is a Street Fighter Tourney in JB Hi-Fi Perth on the 16th for 3DS players. Tag along if you want.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Stuck my 3DS in my pocket today. Went to a Best Buy, then to a Wal-Mart, and waited in line at the drive-thru at Chick-fil-a.

Not a single Streetpass to be found.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    LodsiekLodsiek Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Whoever changed the thread title, thanks for the laugh. Started my Saturday off right. :)

Lodsiek on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the sticker with the serial number has started peeling off my 3ds :o why the fuck do you use a normal sticker to attach something critical for warranty on a system that constantly has sweaty hands moving over it nintendo?! this isn't the the wii where it just sits in its corner never to be touched damnit :(

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you guys are interested in a weekly tournament or game night or something I could set something up on the friend roster site.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Japantown Cherry Blossom Festival and also San Francisco streetpass meetup today. Hope to get a lot of tags today.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay. Steel Diver is a pretty good game. I might buy it someday if I can get it for less than $30.

I did up to the fifth mission and couldn't beat it because I ran out of time, with a 15-minute time limit. I don't feel like doing that again, so back to GameFly you go.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the sticker with the serial number has started peeling off my 3ds :o why the fuck do you use a normal sticker to attach something critical for warranty on a system that constantly has sweaty hands moving over it nintendo?! this isn't the the wii where it just sits in its corner never to be touched damnit :(

I like to think of this as a sick burn.

My first 3DS had a similar issue. The sticker was applied at a wonky angle and started to peel away due to not being perfectly flat.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How are people getting all those StreetPasses? I just spend 2 weeks in Italy on a study trip and I dragged my 3DS with me through Perugia, Assisi, Siena, Firenze and even freaking middle of Rome, and I didn't get a single hit D: NOT A SINGLE ONE!!
    Guess Italians hate Nintendo or something. Or maybe they are to cool to drag their 3DS around in public.

But I got a crapton of coins though. Most days I racked up over 20.000 steps :P I can see why they kept the cap at 10 coins pr. day. Otherwise I would have over 1500 coins by now.

Oh. And my inbox is filled with unread emails from the FriendCode-thing. Thanks a lot guys! Im going through them later, and Ill send new requests out to people who might have deleted their request while I was unable to add them back.

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
  • Options
    JaveJave Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    StreetPass is just luck unless you go to an event or something. After three unsuccessful mall trips, I finally got my first hit today, which gave me a Mii for StreetPlaza and a SFIV fight.

Best part was that the SFIV fight had all the opponent's figurines set for the default ones (all Level 1) and since I had mine ranging for levels 2-6, I won all five matches. Got thousands of FP points for that. Thanks, mystery person!

Jave on
    My Let's Play - Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Updated July 29, 2011!)
    (I appreciate all feedback, so take a few minutes to check it out)

Pokemon White: 5371-9705-4895
    3DS Friend Code: 2105-8646-1262
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jave wrote: »
    StreetPass is just luck unless you go to an event or something. After three unsuccessful mall trips, I finally got my first hit today, which gave me a Mii for StreetPlaza and a SFIV fight.

Best part was that the SFIV fight had all the opponent's figurines set for the default ones (all Level 1) and since I had mine ranging for levels 2-6, I won all five matches. Got thousands of FP points for that. Thanks, mystery person!

For SF figure matches do you just need to have the game currently in the system, or the game actually on but in sleep mode?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited April 2011

For SF figure matches do you just need to have the game currently in the system, or the game actually on but in sleep mode?
    Well, I had the game in the system but the 3DS was on sleep mode while on the main menu. I'm pretty sure there's no need for the game to even be on the 3DS for StreetPass to happen, though. Although you definitely need to load the game to see th results of the match.

Jave on

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This happened to my DS fat and there was nothing left on the back like 3 months after I bought it.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Well, I had the game in the system but the 3DS was on sleep mode while on the main menu. I'm pretty sure there's no need for the game to even be on the 3DS for StreetPass to happen, though. Although you definitely need to load the game to see th results of the match.

Wait so you are saying, as long as you own the game and have played it on your system once, you don't even need to have the cart in and your figure match will happen. But then next time you put the game into the system and turn it on you get the results?

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Wait so you are saying, as long as you own the game and have played it on your system once, you don't even need to have the cart in and your figure match will happen. But then next time you put the game into the system and turn it on you get the results?
    Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. StreetPass data is stored in the system like a Save file.

EDIT: Just playing it once is not enough, though. At least on SSFIV you need to access certain options on the game to properly activate StreetPass.

Jave on

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This happened to my DS fat and there was nothing left on the back like 3 months after I bought it.

This has happened to my DSL in the past as well an excellent solution is to cut a piece of invisible tape and apply it once the original top layer is worn off. I had it like that for well over a year with 0 issues of peeling.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got to the mission in Pilotwings where they give you the jet.

This game just got a lot more exciting.

Sangheili91 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Street Pass info for up to 12 games can be saved to the system. The games do not need to be in the system.

Peewi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Peewi wrote: »

Street Pass info for up to 12 games can be saved to the system. The games do not need to be in the system.

StreetPass must be activated manually within Street Fighter for it to work (to actually do the SSFIV figure fights). You do this by going to Figure Collection on the main menu, then going to StreetPass and hitting Activate StreetPass (you'll need to make your team first).

To check which games the 3DS is StreetPassing, you go to the Home menu, System Settings, Data Management, and then StreetPass Management. It will list the 12 titles using StreetPass here, so you can check and make sure the data is getting sent. The games listed here do not need to be in the system for it to work.

Lodsiek on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What happens when you hit the 12? Do you need to start deleting SP info to make room for others?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What happens when you hit the 12? Do you need to start deleting SP info to make room for others?

I'd assume so. That same screen lets you disable any of them without putting the game in.

Lodsiek on
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I need more black and asian friends.

Also, this is just a selfish request, but if you have a name that isn't the same as your Penny Arcade one, would it be possible to write it in your Message? I've already got duplicate names of people.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Has anyone here bought a clear protective case for their 3DS? I'm interested in getting one if there are any available that are thin enough that the system can still fit in the charging cradle. There's quite a bit of wiggle room in the cradle so it might be possible, but I dunno.

It'd even be nice if it were a tight fit, because it would make playing with the system in the cradle easier if it didn't wiggle.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Regarding StreetPass and the pedometer: do these still work if you leave a DS game running in Sleep mode? I've been closing Pokemon Black every time I'm done in case it doesn't, but it'd be great to not have to. (I also heard something about it counting playtime even when the system is in sleep?)

(Gotten 7 unique hits from StreetPass here in Singapore, but only when I travel downtown - managed to meet the same guy twice, but I suspect he works at the game store I go to.)

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    After fooling around with Streetpass for a bit, the key to getting consistant hits seems to be to have one of the employees at the food court you eat at every day own a 3DS.

It's worth a try, if you haven't done it already.

jothki on
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

This has happened to my DSL in the past as well an excellent solution is to cut a piece of invisible tape and apply it once the original top layer is worn off. I had it like that for well over a year with 0 issues of peeling.

or get the powerpak+ and keep the original back lid in your 3DS box

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    grim123 wrote: »
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

or get the powerpak+ and keep the original back lid in your 3DS box

this is a thing I am a doing as soon as the pak+cradle bundle drops

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Does anybody have any info on what will be happening with the virtual console? The only thing I could find suggested that it was only going to be handheld games, but somebody in the SE thread mentioned SNES games are going to be ported over as well?

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MarioG wrote: »
    Spaztiq wrote: »
    Joined the 3DS club today! Started adding people from SirUltimos' list, probably the first 20 or so for NA. Hopefully some of you will add me back.
    Feel free to add me and let me know if you do so I can get yours too.
    0173-1333-4648

Hope to see some of you in game sometime!

Added ya.

edit: on a side note, I realized that the charging dock has a part of it on the back that can be pulled down. What's the purpose of that?

pulling out the game card maybe?

Oh shit. Yeah, I didn't think of that.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got my first Streetpas hit today! It probably happened while at the movie theatre. I kicked his ass at the Street Fighter figure battle and got a new Mii for my plaza. It's actually incredible how excited I am.

[EDIT] Actually, it looks like the Mii I got was from someone different. So I tagged TWO people. If I use her Mii in Find Mii will it disappear from my plaza?

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    Does anybody have any info on what will be happening with the virtual console? The only thing I could find suggested that it was only going to be handheld games, but somebody in the SE thread mentioned SNES games are going to be ported over as well?
    Not exactly. There are going to be four types of downloadable titles when the eShop hits in late May:

Virtual Console: Unaltered emulations of games from handhelds from before the Nintendo DS. Confirmed so far are GB, GBC, Game Gear and TurboGraphx-16.

3D Classics: Classic games (NES, SNES and maybe others) with updated 3D graphics and probably some extra features. Check the Excitebike visualizer in the 3DS Sound Player to get an idea of this.

So yeah, you will get to play NES and SNES games on the 3DS, just not through Virtual Console. We also shouldn't expect to get EVERY game in the Wii VC released as a 3D Classic, since these actually take a while to get made (as stated by Iwata himself).

The other two types of games are DSiWare (exact same library from the DSi shop) and 3DSWare (brand new titles for the 3DS).

Jave on

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the info

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So the new definitive version of FF6 soon enough will be the FF6 IN THREEE DEEEEEE

Khavall on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Oh man I hope they finally release Mother. I've always wanted to play it.

Also, this would be a good time to release a remake of Lookseys Line Up. If I had known this would be following the DSi I would have held off on buying it.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    in other news the ridge has left a permanent scratch on the right side of my screen protector but it could be because I'm always trying to rub away the mark it leaves
    2011-04-09234812.jpg

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    A Kaeru no Tame ni remake would be fantastic.

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Productive day!

Going to the Cherry Blossom Festival was the right choice, got 30-40 streetpasses there. Then at the SF meetup, met 3 other people there, flagged down a guy who'd *just* bought a new 3DS and we showed him the ropes, then went into Gamestop and got some more tags and talked a lot with one of the guys. I even got a tag from a guy in Japan. I think he saw the group of us so stood around to get his streetpass.

I'm now one of the Streetpass SF admins and we're planning some big thing in the next few months, hopefully around the same time the update and more games hits and Nintendo starts drumming up the ads.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide