As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEλM

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    It's interesting to me that only one guy here has the extra, "your friendslist contains the dude we're looking for' message. Everyone else is just being encouraged to comb through screenshots looking for matching planets / recruitment dates / specializations.

This sounds like a job for Brother Theo and his monks
    Esxxe.png

It varies for each question. I had someone among my 16 friends with the game on the first guy that was being looked for. I had it narrowed down to one of seven by the time we found someone :P

Jragghen on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just want to say BIG THANKS to freakish light. Toki Tori is the most adorable puzzler I've played in a long time.

I O U and all that jazz.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arrath wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Arrath wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    OK, so I just tried to log in to Steam through Firefox 4 for the first time (as opposed to through the Steam application itself).

This has prompted Steam to demand that I enter an access code which it claims it e-mailed to me. Except it didn't. And yes, I checked my spam folder. So now I'm told I need to contact Steam support to access my account.

Which is sort of pointless because I can still log in through the Steam application any time, but still, this is moronic.

In the application, go into the settings and make sure steamguard is set up right?

Why should it be set up? I've never set it up, I don't want it.

Fortunately, the code e-mails did eventually come through.

I didn't set it up for my account, yet when I tried to log into Steam on my laptop it acted like it was. Figured you might be encountering the same situation.

Man, maybe. That's some bullshit if that was what it was doing.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Steam Guard isn't a thing you set up. It's automatically enabled if you've verified your email. Something to do with people not enabling stuff like that if it's disabled by default.

Peewi on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    Something to do with people not enabling stuff like that if it's disabled by default.

The hell you say. :P

I guess maybe I'd know this stuff if I hadn't stopped paying attention to Steam Guard after deciding to avoid it back when I was hearing all of the PITA reports during the beta stage.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just finished Half-Life 2 for the first time this morning. It was a pretty amazing game. I thought some of the vehicle sections in the middle dragged on a bit, but other than that I really enjoyed the game, particularly the last third of it or so.

So many mysteries! It's a good thing I have Episodes 1 and 2 already, as I'm anxious to continue the storyline. I'm not sure if I'm going to dive right in right now though.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We'll all be right here, waiting for when you finish Ep2.

Peewi on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    And then we'll be here with you for waiting for Ep3! We're so helpful.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So yeah, I choose the climb the ladder mission and choose the map where the duke was overthrown and there was just me and one other family.

I pick a rouge and start out on the western edge of this small town. I prey on wagons and increase the size of my crew. Eventually I court a handsome serf and we settle down. Turns out my man is a craftsmen and after I pop out a kid, he gets to work on a weapons shop. HOwever, before I could get up in a gang war with the other house. She accuses me of some stuff (which I did, a lot) and I get sent off to jail for 3 years. Meanwhile, my husband rises in the ranks of the town and my gang and my thugs attack my rival's house and bakery while the town council is in session. Poor lady was running for office and all her thugs had met with untimely deaths.

So while we all voted and I kept my office while in jail (thanks husband), we crushed the other noble house in town, drove her into the streets as a beggar, and my darling husband was mayor just as junior was about to leave college.

edit: I should mention that I screwed up a fews times, like missing a court date when I could have had my best friends fine her into the ground or the two or three gang members I got killed due to negligence.

If I am running a protection racket on a church, a hospital, and a thieves guild, what does that make me?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So yeah, I choose the climb the ladder mission and choose the map where the duke was overthrown and there was just me and one other family.

I pick a rouge and start out on the western edge of this small town. I prey on wagons and increase the size of my crew. Eventually I court a handsome serf and we settle down. Turns out my man is a craftsmen and after I pop out a kid, he gets to work on a weapons shop. HOwever, before I could get up in a gang war with the other house. She accuses me of some stuff (which I did, a lot) and I get sent off to jail for 3 years. Meanwhile, my husband rises in the ranks of the town and my gang and my thugs attack my rival's house and bakery while the town council is in session. Poor lady was running for office and all her thugs had met with untimely deaths.

So while we all voted and I kept my office while in jail (thanks husband), we crushed the other noble house in town, drove her into the streets as a beggar, and my darling husband was mayor just as junior was about to leave college.

I need to be referenced, or I think you're living in the strangest town in Amurca.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That sounds a lot like The Guild.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sounds like The Guild II, Soul. Is that it Royce?

I should reinstall that.

Drake on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Its the Guild 2. A few steam threads ago, someone mentioned all the awesome stuff you could do and I wanted to share my first game in a long time. I think its the closest I will get to a Soap Opera game. I feel really happy telling the tale of house Jardine....now to download some mods and tell the tale of Deyanna Shepard and Liara T'soni Shepard and how their children came to rule much of south England.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alright guys, couple of nice things for those willing to not give all their money to the Newell.

Direct2Drive currently has MASS EFFECT 2 on sale today, and you can pick that up for about $10.55.

On top of this, for this weekend they got a coupon code to knock 20% off of any purchase, except of course for the daily deals.

SCRATCH THAT! CODE WORKS ON THE DAILY DEALS.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ZomboyZomboy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If those Defense Grid login screenshots are still needed, here's mine.

And after finding out I made a terrible top of the page post, I might as well say that the new Steam screenshot functionality has made this part of the ARG seem incredibly easy to participate in.

Zomboy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    Alright guys, couple of nice things for those willing to not give all their money to the Newell.

Direct2Drive currently has MASS EFFECT 2 on sale today, and you can pick that up for about $10.55.

On top of this, for this weekend they got a coupon code to knock 20% off of any purchase, except of course for the daily deals.

SCRATCH THAT! CODE WORKS ON THE DAILY DEALS.

>.>... cause I got bottom paged.

Arthil on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    i've also taken part in the defense grid dealio. nothing of note though. Follow the breadcumbs to see the screenshots.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just checked my list and realized that I had neither Defense Grid nor Portal on my PC. One I have for PSP, the other for PS3, and just never got around to picking them up from steam.

So now I have Defense Grid and I've preordered Portal 2. VIVA NEWELL

Lord Yod on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    nooooo, i could have gone in to a 2-pack. :(
    Actually I'm really glad, I need to save up my pennies

Big Classy on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just in case you were tentative about buying a game from D2D at 20% off and not being able to add it to Steam, here's a list of D2D games that showed in the Steam wiki as using Steamworks. I did this by hand, so feel free to scream at me if there's something wrong.

Steamwork Games currently available on D2D
    A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
    Alien Breed 2: Assault
    Aliens vs. Predator
    Altitude
    And Yet It Moves
    APOX
    Aquaria
    Atom Zombie Smasher
    B.U.T.T.O.N. (Brutally Unfair Tactics Totally OK Now)
    Blade Kitten
    Bob Came in Pieces
    Braid
    Breach
    Burn Zombie Burn!
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    Clones
    Cogs (game)
    Commander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darksiders
    Defense Grid: The Awakening
    Diamond Dan
    Empire: Total War
    F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Fate of the World
    Flock!
    Football Manager 2011
    Front Mission Evolved
    Harvest: Massive Encounter
    Homefront
    IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
    Just Cause 2
    Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
    Killing Floor
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    Mafia II
    Magicka
    Mayhem Intergalactic
    Metal Drift
    Metro 2033
    Mevo and The Grooveriders
    Mount & Blade: Warband
    MX vs. ATV Reflex
    Napoleon: Total War
    Obulis
    Osmos
    Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
    Puzzle Quest 2
    RailWorks 2
    Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45
    Serious Sam HD: Gold Edition
    Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
    Sid Meier's Civilization V
    Super Meat Boy
    The Ball
    The Maw
    Torchlight
    Total War: Shogun 2
    Trine
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II – Retribution
    Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
    World of Goo
    Worms: Reloaded
    Zeno Clash
    Zombie Driver

Upcoming Steamwork Games available for pre-order on D2D
    Red Faction: Armageddon
    Hunted: The Demon's Forge
    Dungeon Defenders
    Brink

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've never been picky, honestly.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Hah, well you and I aren't. But some people love Steam so much that they actively avoid other deals. Just trying to help.

Decoy on
  • Options
    TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TheOrange on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Decoy wrote: »

Hah, well you and I aren't. But some people love Steam so much that they actively avoid other deals. Just trying to help.

I think the fact the 20% off deal works with the daily April one is amazing.

Could get some nice stuff if Mass Effect 2 isn't the only good thing for this weekend.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Well, it a weekend promotion and tomorrow is Sim City 4. So that's really the only thing left. But if for some reason the sale lasts til Monday at noon, you might be able to get World of Goo at a deeper discount, as well.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wait what.

You have a LIST of the daily deals for April? Gimme!

Arthil on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Peewi wrote: »
    We'll all be right here, waiting for when you finish Ep2.

Poor bastard.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Is that a general 20% off code for D2D? Anyone mind sharing? Think I'll jump on that for Brink, I want the Psycho pack.

Echo on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    All of you should be shooting Nazi Dinosaurs.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Is that a general 20% off code for D2D? Anyone mind sharing? Think I'll jump on that for Brink, I want the Psycho pack.

Yeah it's up on the website, but it's showers , y'know cause its spring.

Arthil on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    SHOWERS is for the US site, KAPOW for the UK, can't find anything for the EU one. :(

Echo on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Decoy wrote: »
    Well, it a weekend promotion and tomorrow is Sim City 4. So that's really the only thing left. But if for some reason the sale lasts til Monday at noon, you might be able to get World of Goo at a deeper discount, as well.

Like seriously do you have a list for the whole month for the April sale on D2D?

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I posted it in the Video Games Sales thread as to not cluster up the Steam thread with D2D anymore than I already have, but yeah, here it is.

Upcoming Deals for D2D's "30 Days of Deals" promotion

April 9: 50% off Mass Effect 2
    April 10: 75% off Sim City 4
    April 11: 75% off World of Goo
    April 12: 75% off Dirt 2
    April 13: 75% off Torchlight
    April 14: 75% off Bioshock 2

After that, I'm not sure.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Where did you find the information?

Also World of Goo get, Bioshock 2 get, Sim City 4 probably get.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Haven't you heard? I'm a soothsayer.

Also, changing the date in the image name helps.

But still.... soothsayer.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wait, you what o.0?

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    There is an image hyperlinked on the main page that shows what today's deal is. Copy the image's location (aka the image file's full path and name) into your address bar and view the image separately.

You'll then see only a picture of the ad
    http://www.direct2drive.com/Sites/RET/_img/promos/30days_rightrail_april9.jpg

Then change the date in the file name to a future date.

It stops at the 14th, but I'm sure as we get closer to that date it'll show more days ahead. Or they'll change their schema.

.... Soothsayer.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Decoy, that's brilliant.

Also, I kinda want Dirt2. Wish it was steamworks. I hate D2Ds activation system. :(

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Decoy, that's brilliant.

Also, I kinda want Dirt2. Wish it was steamworks. I hate D2Ds activation system. :(

Dirt 2 is aaaaaawesome. If you can wait, I'm sure they'll have another sale on Steam at some point.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I got Anomaly Warzone Earth, and it is pretty sweet. I've only played through the to the third mission, but I'm finding it to be lots of fun.

I also couldn't pass up the Dungeon Siege deal.
    Unfortunately, it hasn't aged well. The max resolution is pretty low, and even with all the settings at their highest it's still very jaggy. I thought that by 2004 we had several levels of AA and AF and whatnot, but I guess not. I also imagined we had bigger screens than 1280x1024.

L Ron Howard on