Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Mass Effect: Blue Öyster Cult was wrong.

Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Games and Technology
jackquotes.gifg8J66.gifkasumiquotes.gifJhjdl.gif
ZMPj9.gif

AH YES,Masseffectlogo.png

cowbellm3r9i.jpg

Mass Effect 3 stuffs
Full magazine scans
Spoiler:

1ReaX.jpg

payyX.png j7GRc.png 120pxjackcharactershot.png 120pxjacobcharactershot.png

120pxkasumicharactersho.png 120pxlegioncharactersho.png 120pxmirandanew.png 120pxmordincharactersho.png

120pxsamaracharactersho.png XcqrT.png EeZKD.png 120pxzaeedcharactershot.png

74221174.jpg

"It's total badass and if you don't buy it you're going to Mass Effect hell"

OTHER MASS EFFECT STUFFS

It's comics!

180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png

It's books!

230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg

It's even a movie!

Quick Summary of Mass Effect 1

Morality System
Spoiler:

Mass Effect Romance
Spoiler:

You can dance pretty well
Spoiler:

If you're lucky you go to Mass Effect Heaven
Spoiler:

SHIT WE DID

TychoCelchuuu has been kind enough to provide peeks at Commander Shepard's facebook page:

one two three | FOUR! FIVE!!

Kasanagi has been kind enough to provide us with sick-nasty gun mods:
Spoiler:

GoodKingJayIII provided the following way to skip much of the introduction:
Spoiler:

korodullin has kindly offered some R&R with a wonderful game of bingo!

Spoiler:

curly haired boy has been kind enough to provide us a brief history of Mass Effect:
Spoiler:

Dox the PI converted the Grinch who stole christmas into
Spoiler:

Bobble Mad an ode to the death of Batarians to the tune of Gilbert and Sullivan
Spoiler:

curly haired boy strikes back with awesome wallpapers taken from the game:

Xly07.jpg

Dox the PI on

• -Tal-Tal I'm Socrates But my skin more chocolateyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am going to assume significant upgrades for SMGs and pistols if they ever want anyone to choose them

like, Locust and Phalanx are the beginning guns

ZDcCBg.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, Liara.

How creepy stalker is she going to be this time, do you think?

Also, hope there'll be armor options for everyone. Always felt silly fighting the Geth on airless bases with just a rebreather and a lot of skin showing.

• Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Thread title is awesome.

Also, holy shit! Is that a Batarian husk/ogre with a gun for an arm?

edited April 2011
    Liara is probably hella pissed that she has to quit her dream job and leave it to that punk Feron

ZDcCBg.jpg
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ad astra wrote: »
    Thread title is awesome.

Also, holy shit! Is that Batarian husk/ogre with a gun for an arm?

as far as we know 8-)

edited April 2011
    I thought it was a Yahg for a second and got excited, because seriously we need to KroganUplift those guys

ZDcCBg.jpg
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Some of those picture links are broken.

edited April 2011
    Some of those picture links are broken.

I know, going to fix it in a second

• tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The OP should put Mass Effect 3 stuff in spoilers

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I always thought Ashley was cute, anyway. I also never thought she was being racist so much as realist.

Though I'm not sure about the apparent boob job they've given her, it's seems like they've tried to turn her into Ashely Lawson.
    Ashley wasn't exactly small chested in ME1. It's rare that we get a good look at her outside of armor, but she definitely wasn't lacking in that department.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • jefe414jefe414 The wall the darkness breaks against Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well, regarding all weapons being available to all classes, they might bring it back to the me1 system
    where any class could use any gun but only specific classes could be GOOD with certain ones (I.E. Weapon skills).

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • TracerBulletTracerBullet Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I just need to reinforce this.

For those with their bingo charts out, you got one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbJszK2Zhs0&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfLEc09tTjI

Spoiler:
    edited April 2011
    oh man I really hope they don't bring back weapon skills, leave that all to upgrades

Shepard is a veteran protagonist, she should be able to fire a gun just fine from the beginning

ZDcCBg.jpg
    edited April 2011
    I always thought Ashley was cute, anyway. I also never thought she was being racist so much as realist.

Though I'm not sure about the apparent boob job they've given her, it's seems like they've tried to turn her into Ashely Lawson.
    Ashley wasn't exactly small chested in ME1. It's rare that we get a good look at her outside of armor, but she definitely wasn't lacking in that department.

Yeah, she wasn't lacking, and I'm guessing the catsuit adds to it, it's snug in all the right places.

Really, I have no complaints, I'm just glad to hear that the Ashley/Kaiden fans aren't going to be shafted in ME3.

edited April 2011
    Okay, the OP should be fixed up now

edited April 2011
    It's obviously too soon to tell, but with the info released so far, the return of potentially dead squadmates, insane set-pieces, it sounds like Bioware went. "Fuck the budget! Let's go all out on this one! Let's see just how over the top, and crazy awesome we can make it!"

• ChronocideChronocide Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Hurry up and get in my mailbox Game Informer pictures of Batarihusks.

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I would be happy if they dropped weapon typing altogether and just gave us a bunch of different weapon options with corresponding performance stats we can compare. I don't need to know if this is supposed to be an assault rifle or a shotgun, I need to know how fast it fires and how hard it hits.

And if there are a couple of guns that go back to the infinite ammo with heat build up, I would be so goddamn happy.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. On Hiatus!

Any gamers in the Danville, PA area? PM me if you're interested in some tabletop gaming.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    -Tal wrote: »
    oh man I really hope they don't bring back weapon skills, leave that all to upgrades

Shepard is a veteran protagonist, she should be able to fire a gun just fine from the beginning

god, they're not bringing that back

I don't think anyone missed swaying like a drunk every time you sighted down the sniper rifle with less than twelve points

Per3th.jpg
  • ShenShen Go placidly amid the noise and haste Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    OP seems to be missing the romance section?

ME3 get hype etc will post more once I've beaten Arrival

NDBwPJF.jpg
    Origin: shenlongxz | 3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | D3: Ladi#2485 (EU)
    edited April 2011
    Elendil wrote: »

god, they're not bringing that back

I don't think anyone missed swaying like a drunk every time you sighted down the sniper rifle with less than twelve points

Yeah, it says that it will have stronger RPG elements, but not to the extant of ME1, I'm guessing that's one element they will leave out.

edited April 2011
    Shen wrote: »
    OP seems to be missing the romance section?

ME3 get hype etc will post more once I've beaten Arrival

thanks, fixed

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I hope one of the weapon upgrades is a suppressor/silencer, that would essentially decide which class to be for me.

I like killing people without them knowing it.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
    edited April 2011
    I just thought of something. we'll be fighting husks of every race in ME3, so imagine the Elcor husks. Giant lumbering cyborg war-beasts with huge cannons mounted on their backs! It's gonna be awesome:!!:

• NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

i wouldn't mind weapons skills effecting things like damage or reload speed, like upgrading weapons in RE4

but yeah crippling my aiming with artificial wobble and forcing me to work back up to my actual level of competency, my mouse precision, is silly

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I can't hardly even not wait to listen to The Virmire Survivor™'s excellent reason to be on Shepard's ship again.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited April 2011
    Basil wrote: »
    I can't hardly even not wait to listen to The Virmire Survivor™'s excellent reason to be on Shepard's ship again.

Yo, Shepard, Earths being attacked, CAN I HELP?

• DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also bring back explosive rounds. I want to silently kill people with big explosions.

That's the way things should be.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Yeah, she wasn't lacking, and I'm guessing the catsuit adds to it, it's snug in all the right places.

Really, I have no complaints, I'm just glad to hear that the Ashley/Kaiden fans aren't going to be shafted in ME3.

Now shep on the other hand... :winky:

camo_sig2.png
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't like the cover for the Game Informer article. Could they use something slightly more original than him standing in front of a burning Earth? Also this reminds me a lot of Halo. An alien race invading Earth surprisingly, all odds look against humans, Shephard has to fight husks (flood) and the only part of Earth that's being attacked is Africa (lol racist?).

Edit: I meant Game Informer, not Gamespot.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    I don't like the cover for the Game Informer article. Could they use something slightly more original than him standing in front of a burning Earth? Also this reminds me a lot of Halo. An alien race invading Earth surprisingly, all odds look against humans, Shephard has to fight husks (flood) and the only part of Earth that's being attacked is Africa (lol racist?).

Edit: I meant Game Informer, not Gamespot.

Eh?

We already know London's Calling (To the faraway towns), War is declared, and battle come down.

edited April 2011
    Unless Africa kicked up in the last couple centuries, it makes sense they would focus on the least developed parts of the world for easy harvesting.

ZDcCBg.jpg
  • SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, is there an editor that allows you to create your own savegame to be imported into Mass Effect 2, such as the editor that some intrepid modder made for Dragon Age 2?

• XtarathXtarath Registered User
    edited April 2011
    Unless Africa kicked up in the last couple centuries, it makes sense they would focus on the least developed parts of the world for easy harvesting.

It's for the good of Yoomanity.

• dmitdmit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, why is everyone looking forward to the return of planet exploration a la ME1? Was that mentioned in the article?

Because there's really not much time to loiter around the galaxy during an ongoing Reaper invasion. And judging by DA2, we're likely to get a more linear story constrained to a limited set of locations.

Super excited though.

• Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User
    edited April 2011
    I want to see America(!) under attack. Like, what does a futuristic Seattle look like?

• dmitdmit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's 97% Starbucks. With Batarian baristas.

edited April 2011
    The N7 missions were so much better than ME1's exploration I can't even stand it, but accessing them was too tedious. Many of them were very relevant to the ongoing story. Mix those with Hackett/news stories/other missions telling you about them.

ZDcCBg.jpg
  • dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    dmit wrote: »
    So, why is everyone looking forward to the return of planet exploration a la ME1? Was that mentioned in the article?

Because there's really not much time to loiter around the galaxy during an ongoing Reaper invasion. And judging by DA2, we're likely to get a more linear story constrained to a limited set of locations.

Super excited though.

Linear location and a linear. Oh boy. If I wanted to have linear locations and story, I would go play space FPS #122324.

Also, why is Bioware making me pay more money by buying the DLC just so I can understand what's going on in the game?

edited April 2011
    it's because they hate you

they literally want you to to enjoy their game as little as possible

ZDcCBg.jpg