As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[RIFT] 1.3 Coming soon - Server Transfers, Guild Banks, and World Events! Oh My!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    Warden/Sentinel also have OHSHIT buttons on 45s cooldowns - instant cast spells, +50% healing boost, make the next single-target HoT hit 5 people.

I had a macro that I mashed to hit all three of them and then do a nice hot. :P

Echo on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I cant wait to get my chloro to 50, that spec is one of the funnest classes I ever played in an MMO.

Kai_San on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ED! wrote: »
    Goofing around with the free weekend, and I notice that Faeblight is an RP server. RP doesn't really interest me, so should I look for a different server if I decide to pick this up?

I have seen two instances of RP on this server, and both were by the same group. The vast majority, at least in chat - do not RP.

Those that do RP, do a pretty good job of it, as I thought the chat was nonsense NPC talk, until I realized who it was coming from. . .

You are the luckiest man ever. I see RP all the goddamn time. But yes, it's only in local emotes, very rarely in any chat channels. And I've yet to catch anyone in <KoA> RPing. Fortunately, I've got /gkick power, if that (god forbid) should ever happen.

Don't forget who's your daddy MGHM *Demotes to 'Happy Little Drunk Place'*

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    im watching some video guides postedo n the rift forums for all the t2s so I know what to expect and do for each

its actually nice to hear I dont have to bard through the whole thing based on the guides, just certain bosses and for dps checks they are saying only one healer should be used and the rest should be dps

heres the guides if anyone wanted to learn stuff about t2's before going into them:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?154004-Tier-2-Expert-Dungeon-Video-Guides-amp-Recommended-Progression

Cool this is by one of the tankspot people. They do a lot of encounter walkthrough videos for WoW.

Madpanda on
    camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    for greenscale here is a tutorial for the first boss encounter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOSQz1EfmaA

here is the link for pretty much tutorials for all the dungeons and the first 2 bosses in greenscale:

http://www.eventideguild.com/forum/m/1465958/viewthread/694598-recommended-expert-raid-progression

M.D. on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arthil wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    Goofing around with the free weekend, and I notice that Faeblight is an RP server. RP doesn't really interest me, so should I look for a different server if I decide to pick this up?

I have seen two instances of RP on this server, and both were by the same group. The vast majority, at least in chat - do not RP.

Those that do RP, do a pretty good job of it, as I thought the chat was nonsense NPC talk, until I realized who it was coming from. . .

You are the luckiest man ever. I see RP all the goddamn time. But yes, it's only in local emotes, very rarely in any chat channels. And I've yet to catch anyone in <KoA> RPing. Fortunately, I've got /gkick power, if that (god forbid) should ever happen.

Don't forget who's your daddy MGHM *Demotes to 'Happy Little Drunk Place'*

Heh, so I've gotta watch my back for those... 2 hours a week where you're online? Say it ain't so!

:P

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Chloro's ohshit! buttons are their actual heals.

Quoted for Truth. I'm playing a really nice Chlorolock build, which I'll probably switch over to Archon once I get good with my mana regen. Given the breakdown of how the healing actually works, it's very hard to look at the tree and compare "ohshit! heals" to a cleric.

Most of my "oh shit" heals actually take the form of burst DPS combos, which turn into burst healing combos, which is awesome. I talented the single target and multi-target heals to be instant cast, and usually try to work them into a normal rotation as "damage control" to help smooth things out.

I have a straight Pyro build I use for normal "easy mode" questing, and pull out the Chlorolock when I have to do elite or group quests. A couple days ago I was able to tank and deeps down two same level elite mobs with my zero point Elemental pet. I have yet to meet a Rift boss we could handle. The only downside is he's not build for fast kills, so if I'm soloing rifts, sometimes the bonus timers are hard to hit.

Unfortunately, I think Chloromancer may have ruined my chances of playing anything else. There's just some many different nuances to balance damage and healing, and straight healing that it's a lot of fun to play.

ironzerg on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Step 1: WoW account canceled (as of August)
    Step 2: Buy Rift (Digital CE on Amazon?)
    ????
    Step 4: Profit!

Doctor Detroit on
    edited April 2011
    Do epic sourcestones actually exist beyond Freemarch? I have yet to see any whatsoever.

Echo on
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Echo wrote: »
    Do epic sourcestones actually exist beyond Freemarch? I have yet to see any whatsoever.

I got one in Stilmoor 2 nights ago.

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hello I am a chloro and would like to say that I have no problem single-healing a tank. Admittedly I am T2 gearded out, but with Nature's Touch, which is a chloro's main heal spell, I can heal the tank for about 5.5-8k depending on crits. That spell has just a 6 second cooldown so I can get one out every 6 seconds with cooldown management.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

The populations are often not high enough to get the major invasions to spawn, I've only seen one major invasion outside of the starting area on Guardian side on Aedraxis too.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So despite my earlier criticism I have bought this, why? Because half my WoW guild did (and I found it for 20 bucks on amazon). I'll probably play a mage or cleric and wouldn't mind grouping up with some PA folks :)

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
    edited April 2011
    Argh. Pure Distillate for 5 plat on the AH.

You need one for the Defiant epic saga, and the guy knows it. He needs some competition.

Echo on
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

You need one for the Defiant epic saga, and the guy knows it. He needs some competition.

Would help if the quest item to make distillate wasn't so incredibly rare.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Hrm, I wonder if the guardian side needs anything like that. I have the quests for all the distillates.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Adda wrote: »

Would help if the quest item to make distillate wasn't so incredibly rare.

I've been halfheartedly trying to grab that recipe. All the special gathering recipes drop from the nodes involved in creating that special recipe. So, for example, the Pure Distillate recipe will drop from the plants required to create Pure Distillate. (Twilightbloom and the other T one, I think).

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I've been enjoying the free weekend I'm getting... enough that, at the very least, I wished I could start subing and not have to buy a new copy... because I really can't afford to get a new game now.:cry:

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Rikidou HyuugaRikidou Hyuuga Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    you're going to have to work harder than you did tonight to pull threat off of me, Trouble

seems like your eight level advantage makes little difference when compared to my sheer awesomeness

Rikidou Hyuuga on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Zing!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    you're going to have to work harder than you did tonight to pull threat off of me, Trouble

seems like your eight level advantage makes little difference when compared to my sheer awesomeness

Heh, I wasn't trying to pull any aggro. Was just trying to kill things. If you'd like someone to talk to about my ridiculous aggro pulling ability, talk to Rhell. Poor dude. I think I got myself killed on all but one boss in AP tonight, for that exact reason. Reminds me of playing my Fury Warrior back in the day. Watching boss fights from a horizontal perspective.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That was me on Karlena.

Fuck you and your aggro.

Although now Im 49 and retalented for more aggro....

MrIamMe on
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't know what the drop rate is for the Imbued Leather recipe, but I can tell you it is too damn low. I have found a good grinding spot and I refuse to leave it without that damn recipe. I have a feeling that I'm never leaving it.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    We did a full clear of Expert DSM. Took about 3 hours. 6 of the 7 bosses dropped fucking Cleric loot. The 7th dropped a cloth robe, and we had no mage.

Fuck. Deepstrike. Mines.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited April 2011
    i got the imbued leather recipe on my second or third thing for some reason and now that I think about it I havent seen it since.

I noticed something on my first run as a tank rogue in ap normal, I could generally maintain the aggero of 4-5 mobs fine but anything more and I might sometimes lose it and have to either use my taunt or chase it if my taunt was on cd.

I think im going to change my spec from 51 RS/ 8 Rng / 7 Brd to 51 RS / 8 Rng / 7 BladeD

M.D. on
  • KnowlKnowl Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm finding levelling to be an unbelievable chore, only driven on by the horror stories of expert dungeons here.

curse you to hell MMOs

Knowl on
    steam_sig.png
    also i write about videogames ok?
    Xbox Live Tag: Letuckbox
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    CorriganX wrote: »
    We did a full clear of Expert DSM. Took about 3 hours. 6 of the 7 bosses dropped fucking Cleric loot. The 7th dropped a cloth robe, and we had no mage.

Fuck. Deepstrike. Mines.

See, this is why you should have taken me with you.

Despite me not being 50 yet.

SeñorAmor on
    edited April 2011
    dont worry senor i'm gonan get mah tanking up and we'll have our own group to run experts and we'll shun corrigan :3

M.D. on
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Just got the recipe for Black Dye with my first Apothecary Plaque, the limiting ingredient is Eternal Planar Dust. So, if you want some Black Dye, I'd be happy to make it if you send 2 of those per.

EDIT: Name is Seorn in game, btw.

Neurotika on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    a few things:

lol at yuropeens being the guinea pigs for phase 2.

does anyone know if the phase 1 vendors will still be open when phase 2 starts? ditto for phase 3, and possibly the period after it's all said and done? I want to hold out on spending until I know what all the bonuses are, but I don't want to lose out on things I've earmarked for potential purchases. . .

Is there any way of telling how much threat abilities generate? I'm sick of getting killed pulling aggro off of my pet while still under the influence of divert rage (which is total bullshit and anyone who was online at all this weekend probably got an eyeful of my rage)

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, vendors are up for the entire event - we got started on phase 3 here in Yurp.

The Shadetouched Weapon quests get handed in to a new "World Event Vendor" in the Manufactorium for the Defiant.

Echo on
  • MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so i did my 40s in IPP and Stillmoor, and got decorated with the order of mathos. Now i'm 48 and heading to shimmersand. where should i go to get the dragonslayer rep? or do i need to start at the beginning of the zone with all the green quests, and work inwards?

thanks!

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    What is dragonslayer rep good for?

Also, I just broke the bank and have 50g left heh. Bought my epic mount.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, 45-46 was a grind I haven't felt since maybe even before vanilla WoW. They just won't scale that quest xp up past 3 or 4 thousand despite the inflating xp/level number. Brutal. Still fun, but brutal. Thank god combat is so quick and mob kills reasonably cash and xp-worthy. 46 and starting Shimmer now. Couldn't decide between it and Stillmoor, but I assume I'll end up doing both for rep anyway. IPP, besides having an unintentionally hilarious acronym was a classic example of old school MMO bad zone/quest design. Jesus, what a revolving door half those caves and dungeons were.

The only thing I'm lamenting right now is that I simply haven't had any real healing experience in my 40s save rifts (and that's bullshit healing). FoLH doesn't seem particularly popular, and I have to grind out 2 more levels to start CC/AP. I think I'm happy with my sent build, but a healing dummy isn't the same as a real meatbag. It's helpful to get down cooldown/button muscle memory stuff, but I suck at that anyway (I'm a 5 button by touch max kinda guy - sue me).

I'm still drawn in, though. I think if experts are just not fun it'll be a decider for me, but like I said, it's impossible for me to even really know what to expect with little to no training on the way up. I wish there was more incentive to run the leveling dungeons as you progressed, like a sub-par daily reward (like they do with crafting by scaling the badges as you level your skill).

I also have 2 sick days I have to spend before the 18th. It's taking all of my grown up powers of will to not use them to just play 48 hours of Rift on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I think that's mostly because I just don't feel like coming into the office yet.

Edit: Fuck it. Took the days. Beer + Rift + Tuesday night = Manchild Win

Straygatsby on
  • SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    dont worry senor i'm gonan get mah tanking up and we'll have our own group to run experts and we'll shun corrigan :3

Oh good cuz f that dude.

F that dude for realz.

SeñorAmor on
    edited April 2011
    I need someone in the guild to make me some pants I just need the toughness for now so ill take a bit of an armor hit till I can get toughness elsewhere.

M.D. on
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Heh, I wasn't trying to pull any aggro. Was just trying to kill things. If you'd like someone to talk to about my ridiculous aggro pulling ability, talk to Rhell. Poor dude. I think I got myself killed on all but one boss in AP tonight, for that exact reason. Reminds me of playing my Fury Warrior back in the day. Watching boss fights from a horizontal perspective.

You made it through the bosses okay, it was the elemental + rock trash packs that you got smeared on.

I can't wait to get some experts on. Hit 50 last night and have 49 toughness ready to go. Now I just have to cross my fingers and get 2 more armorsmith plaques so I can put my epic hauberk together.

Artereis on
  • simsim Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think if experts are just not fun it'll be a decider for me

Experts have not been fun to me. All but a couple guild members have stopped playing. The ones that have continued are now strictly raiding. I've given up - But since I still enjoy the game when I want to get my MMO rocks off, I'm just playing a cleric and mage now through their 20s almost exclusively on warfronts.

sim on
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    sim wrote: »
    I think if experts are just not fun it'll be a decider for me

Experts have not been fun to me. All but a couple guild members have stopped playing. The ones that have continued are now strictly raiding. I've given up - But since I still enjoy the game when I want to get my MMO rocks off, I'm just playing a cleric and mage now through their 20s almost exclusively on warfronts.

What is wrong with them? Are they too hard, groups too sucky? Take too long to run?

I am curious how they differ from the normal runs.

Neurotika on
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have a question about speccing:

Is it generally better to focus on just one tree, or is it better to spread points across all three?

Grape Ape on
This discussion has been closed.