As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[RIFT] 1.3 Coming soon - Server Transfers, Guild Banks, and World Events! Oh My!

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Huh, now there's a mistake I can see em wanting fix right quick, yeah.

Gosh, the time limit sure did make for a fun run. When presented with a pack including roamers, all I could say was "Pray!" before I pulled them all.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Found my favorite spec so far, inquisitor/warden/druid. Sure I'm dragging a useless pet around but its got a small hot and I keep my tank buddy wonderfully happy while dishing out good aoe damage <3

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So has anyone bothered using the authenticator (on the iPhone)? Just wondering if it was working as intended.

ringswraith on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    So has anyone bothered using the authenticator (on the iPhone)? Just wondering if it was working as intended.

Working as intended.

Echo on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So looks like I will be making a dude on Faeblight, Defiant side. I'm not really sure what to play...

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    any one in KoA able to make me Faith-Forged Spaulders? I have the mats...(except for an augmentation)
    thanks
    sb

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Has anyone else had any problems with slip away having mobs still chase you?
    So looks like I will be making a dude on Faeblight, Defiant side. I'm not really sure what to play...

If you play a warrior or cleric you will always get a spot in a group, as tank or healer respectively. If you play mage you might also always get a group as healer or range dps and if you play rogue be prepared to be devoted to the calling and quite patient with things :P

M.D. on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Yes. I don't get it and it is very annoying.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    so...healing... anyone have a good spec for a level 50 cleric (aka learning to heal)? The official forums are a cesspool of hate, and it hurts my brain to read them.

I came up with this warden build, but i'm not sure how effective it would be.

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So I made a defiant on faeblight, and I'm a mage. One thing I've noticed so far, I am getting quite a few abilities that I'm just...not using. Is this normal? For example, I'm a pyromancer / elementalist / stormcaller, and the only level 1 nuke with a cast time that I use with regularity is fireball, for obvious reasons.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2011
    All souls start out with some basic damage abilities. Just use the ones from your main soul and ignore the rest.

Echo on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Maguano wrote: »
    any one in KoA able to make me Faith-Forged Spaulders? I have the mats...(except for an augmentation)
    thanks
    sb

Not yet. I've only gotten 2 plaques total, and I'm saving for the Hauberk of the Devout.

Artereis on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So I just soloed a rift (woo!) and got some otherworldy sourcestone and some planarite. What are they used for, and should I try to get more?

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Can someone give me an example of a Paragon/Riftblade skill rotation? I am having a hard time telling if I should be inserting rift finishers after using strike like iron.

pantsy on
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »

Yes. I don't get it and it is very annoying.

Yes, they broke something recently. The mobs maintain aggro on me, and will chase me around, but will not hit me so long as the slip away buff is active (so it's very odd). Once I'm back to normal stealth they will re-engage.

I've also found one spot in the droughtlands where my stealth will just randomly drop off, which has proved fatal more than once.

Rift Forums thread on issue. Add comments (you don't have to follow the thread) to help get their damn attention! From some light browsing it's affecting other similar abilities (like the Feign Death).

Bullhead on
    96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I just soloed a rift (woo!) and got some otherworldy sourcestone and some planarite. What are they used for, and should I try to get more?

Otherworldly Sourcestone is used to buy rewards for the current World Event, and Planarite is used to buy Planar Goods, basically rewards for closing rifts and fighting invasions. Keep closing rifts and saving that stuff up, some good stuff to pick up there.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So I was just playing Rift, and it disconnects me from the game. When I try to log back in, it gives me this error #2005, failed to connect to the authentication server.

Are the Rift servers down, or is this a bug?

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I was just playing Rift, and it disconnects me from the game. When I try to log back in, it gives me this error #2005, failed to connect to the authentication server.

Are the Rift servers down, or is this a bug?

Same here o_O

I think its a bug.

Official forums are also down.

Dirtmuncher on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    God damn... people are fucking stupid. I can't tell you how many times I post: Lvl 18 Tank LFG for RoF/IT in LFG and Level 10-19... and I get people whispering me with their level and role. If I wanted to start the fucking group I would have used LFM, not LFG. It's a minor annoyance, yeah... but it still pisses me off when it happens all the time. People need to learn to fucking read.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Same thing happens to me ALL THE TIME. really annoying when you want to be lazy and join a gd group.

ICUb on

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    2.5 weeks into end-tier workorders, and only 1 epic crafting plaque between runecrafting and outfitting. Thanks for (almost) nothing, RNG!

I think my experience with the game's been better off not reading much and just playing, but this is approaching korean-mmo levels of stupid.

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sweet, I can finally get [Planar Lure] on my Cleric. It only took them 39 days to reply to my ticket regarding the quest being bugged. /grumblegrumble

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Welp, I'm done until they implement a proper cross-server LFD tool. I'm sick and fucking tired of spending an hour or two (sometimes more) every god damn day trying to put together groups on any of my characters. Trion totally fucked up launch day by opening all the god damned fucking servers at the same fucking time. And they should have had an LFD tool from day one.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

On another note, I'd be happy if I didn't see another death rift for another month or so >.>

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So very, very, angry.

In other news, I managed to get my shift taken care of tomorrow so I can take part in the event. If it gets cancelled again I'll be very upset.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That was lucky, just decided I wanted to look into Rift a little on a whim, and caught wind of the trial event amathing. Downloading things now.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As a compulsive gatherer/artifact hunter I found something I thought I'd share:

http://psiharis.com/rift/parser/

Cool maps of all kinds of shit. Of course I'll need to alt-tab to refer to them in game (or print them on *eww* paper), but I thought it was pretty neat. Maybe I need to find a laptop.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    AtomBomb wrote: »
    As a compulsive gatherer/artifact hunter I found something I thought I'd share:

http://psiharis.com/rift/parser/

Cool maps of all kinds of shit. Of course I'll need to alt-tab to refer to them in game (or print them on *eww* paper), but I thought it was pretty neat. Maybe I need to find a laptop.

You rock. Nice find.

This + iPhone.

Edit: Looks like it needs way more data. Grossly inaccurate.

Figgy on
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    Welp, I'm done until they implement a proper cross-server LFD tool. I'm sick and fucking tired of spending an hour or two (sometimes more) every god damn day trying to put together groups on any of my characters. Trion totally fucked up launch day by opening all the god damned fucking servers at the same fucking time. And they should have had an LFD tool from day one.

No offense, but why didn't you start on one of the PA servers? Wrong time zone?

iguanacus on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    In regards to augments, can they be added only during the creation of an item?

ICUb on

• Options
    edited April 2011
    iguanacus wrote: »

Because he didn't want to roll Defiant, so he made his own Guardian guild elsewhere.

I seem to recall, Captain, that your guild had hundreds of players. Why are you having such a hard time finding a group? The Mouths have maybe a dozen or so players on at all times and I've never had issues.
    ICUb wrote: »
    In regards to augments, can they be added only during the creation of an item?

Correct. Runes are added afterward.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    bummer, wanted to save up my pennies and get some stuff remade with new purply augments :(

ICUb on

• Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have a question about artifacts, are all the sets onetime only? Because I keep picking up things I've already used.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Some artifacts are part of 2 sets, but the majority are one use. But you can mail em to alts or sell em on the AH if you can't use or don't want them.

iguanacus on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I have a question about artifacts, are all the sets onetime only? Because I keep picking up things I've already used.

We pretty much have constant artifact trade in KoA. It's at the point where someone will just link 5 artifacts in guild chat, and people will call out what they need.

You know what would help? A guild bank.

I'm still completely flabbergasted that this wasn't in at launch.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Demiurge wrote: »

We pretty much have constant artifact trade in KoA. It's at the point where someone will just link 5 artifacts in guild chat, and people will call out what they need.

You know what would help? A guild bank.

I'm still completely flabbergasted that this wasn't in at launch.

It's at that point?

TSM has been doing it since launch. #pvpdoesitbetter

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Figgy wrote: »
    iguanacus wrote: »

Because he didn't want to roll Defiant, so he made his own Guardian guild elsewhere.

I seem to recall, Captain, that your guild had hundreds of players. Why are you having such a hard time finding a group? The Mouths have maybe a dozen or so players on at all times and I've never had issues.

They're not always online at the same time nor at the right level for the dungeon I want to run. The resident uber guild has also poached pretty much every dedicated level fifty from my guild. It's kinda funny that over half the uber guild started in mine, but oh well. I was never really that interested in leading the guild into raids.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    Rikidou HyuugaRikidou Hyuuga Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    therein lies the problem

Rikidou Hyuuga on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hate leading things as well, but necessity is a silly goose.

ICUb on

• Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I created an alt on Sunrest to do outfitting and apothecary, purely because my main has more cloth and leather than I know what to do with.I guess I finally won't be needing for bags.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
This discussion has been closed.