Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Capcom's [Dragon's Dogma] - POST IN NEW THREAD

1202123252696

Posts

  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    My pawn right now is a tiny female with pointy ears. I know it somewhat gimps her stats for sword/board, but I think I'm going to keep her like that. It makes me laugh every time she launches my character up into the air.

    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think my Pawn is going to be Lady from DMc and I may attempt a Young Dante for my first PC.

    King Riptor on
  • DyvionDyvion Glorious Okinawa, JapanRegistered User regular
    Playing around with the character creator thing... I made myself and my wife. Amazingly the proportions are almost exact for her too, which is only possible due to the amazing character generator. Some of you will eventually hire my pawn, and think, "Who has a butt -that- big??" Well, now you know.

    Steam: No Safety In Life -- League of Legends: Dyvion -- PSN: Dyvion -- Gamecenter on ithingers: Dyvion
    Mechwarrior Online: Dyvion -- Hearthstone: Dyvion#1716 -- Hex: FortyTwo
    "XBLIG: It's like the video game equivalent of a candy bar." -Hatedinamerica
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    Dyvion likes big butts and he does not lie. It's something that he can't deny.

    Location: Sydney, Australia
    My Dark Souls 2 Diary Day 6 and 7 Updated
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    As soon as I started the prologue and was able to pick up the starting NPC and throw him off the cliff, I was sold. The rest was, as they say, just frosting on the murder cake.

  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    As soon as I started the prologue and was able to pick up the starting NPC and throw him off the cliff, I was sold. The rest was, as they say, just frosting on the murder cake.

    For me, it was when I successfully threw a dead goblin at a burning harpy. Then I just knew the game had to be mine.

  • Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    I just tried the demo and really enjoyed it. But I had some VERY entry-level questions that I want to ask. Please forgive them, as I'm sure they're common knowledge for everyone in the thread.

    1. Is there multiplayer? What form will it take?

    2. Will I be able to use my created character in the main story? I can't figure out why they didn't let me in the demo. Unless I'm missing some thing obvious.

  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    1 Nay.

    2 Yes you will. It's much the entire point of the game.

  • EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    I just tried the demo and really enjoyed it. But I had some VERY entry-level questions that I want to ask. Please forgive them, as I'm sure they're common knowledge for everyone in the thread.

    1. Is there multiplayer? What form will it take?

    2. Will I be able to use my created character in the main story? I can't figure out why they didn't let me in the demo. Unless I'm missing some thing obvious.

    1. No multiplayer, most likely due to the open-world nature of the game and technical problems. You can trade/lend your Pawns though.

    2. They didn't let you use your character in the prologue dungeon because it's, well, a prologue dungeon. You can use him/her in the Griffin battle in the demo.

  • SpectrumSpectrum Super High-School Level ??? Hope's Peak AcademyRegistered User regular
    The prologue dungeon is billed as seeing a previous Arisen's life and getting a taste of advanced combat.

    When that's over, you're more or less dumped back into your crappy level 1 self with rags and a rusty knife.

  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I was pretty impressed with the level of interaction between my character and the monsters. I like that you can get knocked off balance and grab onto them. It seems like Monster Hunter, but with tighter combat.

    Also, the summoning of the peons was trippy.

    Krathoon on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid I don my top hat, and adjust my monocle, Like a god damn sir.Registered User regular
    The demo kinda undersells things IMO just because each section is so insanely short, but I can definitely see this game being worth my moneys. I just wish that there was some sort of launcher move seeing as how they were so nice about making jump + heavy slash into a helm breaker.

  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    My pawn right now is a tiny female with pointy ears. I know it somewhat gimps her stats for sword/board, but I think I'm going to keep her like that. It makes me laugh every time she launches my character up into the air.

    Does your character's/pawn's height/weight accually have an effect on combat ability? or are we assumming that just because in actually tracks it in centimeters/kilograms?

    steam_sig.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Ken O wrote: »
    My pawn right now is a tiny female with pointy ears. I know it somewhat gimps her stats for sword/board, but I think I'm going to keep her like that. It makes me laugh every time she launches my character up into the air.

    Does your character's/pawn's height/weight accually have an effect on combat ability? or are we assumming that just because in actually tracks it in centimeters/kilograms?

    Yes, I believe the devs stated as such. Like, a fat guy will have less stamina. Things like that.

    1st character is going to be a fit/athletic Strider, and I've decided that my 2nd playthrough will be a fat old man warrior :D

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • TACOnightmareTACOnightmare Registered User
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Ken O wrote: »
    My pawn right now is a tiny female with pointy ears. I know it somewhat gimps her stats for sword/board, but I think I'm going to keep her like that. It makes me laugh every time she launches my character up into the air.

    Does your character's/pawn's height/weight accually have an effect on combat ability? or are we assumming that just because in actually tracks it in centimeters/kilograms?

    You can notice the difference in the demo during the griffin fight. Grab onto its head with a Hulk sized character and you'll find you can hold the griffin in place. Try that again with Bilbo Baggins and you'll become a ragdoll.

    I found a woman running around the wild yelling, "wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack." Naturally, I killed her and defiled her corpse.

    PSN: SmellyLemur
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Ken O wrote: »
    My pawn right now is a tiny female with pointy ears. I know it somewhat gimps her stats for sword/board, but I think I'm going to keep her like that. It makes me laugh every time she launches my character up into the air.

    Does your character's/pawn's height/weight accually have an effect on combat ability? or are we assumming that just because in actually tracks it in centimeters/kilograms?

    You can notice the difference in the demo during the griffin fight. Grab onto its head with a Hulk sized character and you'll find you can hold the griffin in place. Try that again with Bilbo Baggins and you'll become a ragdoll.

    Stop bumping this thread! I bought the game but thanks to this thread being hidden frequently I've been keeping my hype meter low enough that I forget that I bought it... And then you post awesome things like this!!!

    Gah!

    Also... I literally don't know when this game comes out... but I've already bought it... wut?

    archer2.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Ken O wrote: »
    My pawn right now is a tiny female with pointy ears. I know it somewhat gimps her stats for sword/board, but I think I'm going to keep her like that. It makes me laugh every time she launches my character up into the air.

    Does your character's/pawn's height/weight accually have an effect on combat ability? or are we assumming that just because in actually tracks it in centimeters/kilograms?

    You can notice the difference in the demo during the griffin fight. Grab onto its head with a Hulk sized character and you'll find you can hold the griffin in place. Try that again with Bilbo Baggins and you'll become a ragdoll.

    Stop bumping this thread! I bought the game but thanks to this thread being hidden frequently I've been keeping my hype meter low enough that I forget that I bought it... And then you post awesome things like this!!!

    Gah!

    Also... I literally don't know when this game comes out... but I've already bought it... wut?

    Simple flow chart for you:

    Are you in the USA? Y-> Is it May 22? Y-> Ohhhhh shit son, game's out!

    Are you in Euroland? Y-> Is it 25 May? Y-> I say good sir, the game's out it is!

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Also soething to remember, smaller characters can be flown around alot more. I created a small, skinny dude and the griffin grabbed him in its claw and took off in one smooth motion. Damn thing didn't even land, just swooped on down. I managed to wriggle free ofcourse........ couple hundred feet up in the air. D:

    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Ken O wrote: »
    My pawn right now is a tiny female with pointy ears. I know it somewhat gimps her stats for sword/board, but I think I'm going to keep her like that. It makes me laugh every time she launches my character up into the air.

    Does your character's/pawn's height/weight accually have an effect on combat ability? or are we assumming that just because in actually tracks it in centimeters/kilograms?

    You can notice the difference in the demo during the griffin fight. Grab onto its head with a Hulk sized character and you'll find you can hold the griffin in place. Try that again with Bilbo Baggins and you'll become a ragdoll.

    Stop bumping this thread! I bought the game but thanks to this thread being hidden frequently I've been keeping my hype meter low enough that I forget that I bought it... And then you post awesome things like this!!!

    Gah!

    Also... I literally don't know when this game comes out... but I've already bought it... wut?

    Simple flow chart for you:

    Are you in the USA? Y-> Is it May 22? Y-> Ohhhhh shit son, game's out!

    Are you in Euroland? Y-> Is it 25 May? Y-> I say good sir, the game's out it is!

    Oh god man, your flowchart doesn't include the appropriate response for N.

    WHAT DO I DO NOW?!?!?!?!

    archer2.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    Oops...uh

    I'll release some flowchart DLC in a month or so.

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    Quick leap on the flowchart and stab it in the eye!

    Location: Sydney, Australia
    My Dark Souls 2 Diary Day 6 and 7 Updated
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    Game got an 8.5 from GameInformer. The reviewer didnt have a single negative thing to say about it either :D

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    Also, your pawn can be hired out even while youre playing. Even though the pawn never leaves your side.

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Oh myyy Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    That's good to know actually. It was a question I had burning in the back of my mind, but never remembered to ask if anyone had answered it anywhere.

    PSN: ArcticArctos
    3DSXL: 4527-9072-5305
    Steam: Arcadebear
    Brave Frontier: 3087842592
  • DyvionDyvion Glorious Okinawa, JapanRegistered User regular
    Dyvion likes big butts and he does not lie. It's something that he can't deny.

    Heh.

    I was also worried about being able to hire out my pawn while I'm playing. Can only one person have a pawn at a time? I imagine everyone starting out will grab a couple pawns and experience a lot of things, and then the person will log off and suddenly your pawn learns 8 different things. (And can't wait to tell you about them) Any word on how your pawn updates? Do you have to go into the rift, or whatever it's called...

    so pumped for this.

    Steam: No Safety In Life -- League of Legends: Dyvion -- PSN: Dyvion -- Gamecenter on ithingers: Dyvion
    Mechwarrior Online: Dyvion -- Hearthstone: Dyvion#1716 -- Hex: FortyTwo
    "XBLIG: It's like the video game equivalent of a candy bar." -Hatedinamerica
  • FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dyvion wrote: »
    Dyvion likes big butts and he does not lie. It's something that he can't deny.

    Heh.

    I was also worried about being able to hire out my pawn while I'm playing. Can only one person have a pawn at a time? I imagine everyone starting out will grab a couple pawns and experience a lot of things, and then the person will log off and suddenly your pawn learns 8 different things. (And can't wait to tell you about them) Any word on how your pawn updates? Do you have to go into the rift, or whatever it's called...

    so pumped for this.

    The OXM Pawn preview covers on the front page a few of these... It seems like your pawn updates whenever you stay at an end, but doesn't mention (or he didn't know) if this is a constant update, or if your pawn only gets his new knowlege/gifts when the other player gives him the boot (which they are going to want to do eventually, as pawns you hire can not improve in level or gear as long as they are in your party).

    Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • AddaAdda Registered User regular
    Yeah the other player needs to give them the boot. Also multiple peopel can hire your pawn at the same time so no worries there.

    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso Registered User regular
    I am super HYPED about this game. I bought it off this thread alone, played the demo which solidified my decision, and now I wait. And WAIT. I can't wait to make and share a pawn with everyone.

    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    OK, I have been completely in the dark about this game, so now that it's close and the demo is out (which I still need to download) I am reading up on it. No fucking co-op? Are you kidding me? In this day and age, they just can't seem to get it right when it comes to something like this. I'm sure this game will be great, but good lord, when is someone going to step up to the plate and make a proper game like this with online AND offline co-op? Multiplayer doesn't need to be relegated to deathmatch! A true co-operative experience that DOESN'T revolve around guns would be nice for once. Hell, even if Dark Souls had a straight-up co-op mode that didn't rely on playing with strangers, that would be enough. I just don't understand why it's so tough to make a hardcore game like Demon's/Dark Souls, on a console, with co-op. Am I the only one that is really annoyed at this?

    Fawst on
    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    OK, I have been completely in the dark about this game, so now that it's close and the demo is out (which I still need to download) I am reading up on it. No fucking co-op? Are you kidding me? In this day and age, they just can't seem to get it right when it comes to something like this. I'm sure this game will be great, but good lord, when is someone going to step up to the plate and make a proper game like this with online AND offline co-op? Multiplayer doesn't need to be relegated to deathmatch! A true co-operative experience that DOESN'T revolve around guns would be nice for once. Hell, even if Dark Souls had a straight-up co-op mode that didn't rely on playing with strangers, that would be enough. I just don't understand why it's so tough to make a hardcore game like this Demon's/Dark Souls, on a console, with co-op. Am I the only one that is really annoyed at this?

    They gotta leave something for Monster Hunter to use.

    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Smile Puddin'! Registered User regular
    Your Pawn is your co-op bro/broette. Pretty sure this game is too technically demanding for them to include co-op.

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Maybe I have blinders on, but I refuse to believe it's too technically demanding for co-op. Do you say that because you can grab onto enemies? Fine, have one person able to do that at a time. Or, you know, design a game with co-op in mind. I'm just venting, but seriously, there is a MAJOR lack of non-shooter co-op games out there.

    And Big Isy, that's fine... how about bringing out Monster Hunter on a REAL system? :) No offense to the Wii -- wait, no, fuck the Wii -- I want to play on my 360. And I would expect that people on the PS3 would be able to play as well, no reason to leave them out!

    steam_sig.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Maybe I have blinders on, but I refuse to believe it's too technically demanding for co-op. Do you say that because you can grab onto enemies? Fine, have one person able to do that at a time. Or, you know, design a game with co-op in mind. I'm just venting, but seriously, there is a MAJOR lack of non-shooter co-op games out there.

    And Big Isy, that's fine... how about bringing out Monster Hunter on a REAL system? :) No offense to the Wii -- wait, no, fuck the Wii -- I want to play on my 360. And I would expect that people on the PS3 would be able to play as well, no reason to leave them out!

    Yes, they should totally cater to your every whims. :p

    Whilst I agree the game could be put on other systems, there's probably a financial reason it wasn't. Nintendo have bulging banks and I'm sure Capcoms pockets were filled to the brim for exclusivity rights. That said I think the new one is coming to the 360 and and Ps3, could be wrong since I've not really looked into it all that much.

    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh, I'm not unreasonable, I don't need ALL my whims catered to. Just the one where I can play a game that isn't about shooting stuff online with a friend, please! :)

    Honestly, it is unfathomable to me that we have the capability with these amazing home consoles to do so many great things... and yet we just shoot people, mostly. It's really upsetting the more I think about it.

    Anyways, back to this game. I've read a couple times now that this is the Dark Souls of 2012. That makes me insanely happy, considering I just beat Dark Souls the other day for the first time and I am 100% in love with it. I think this Pawn system is a brilliant idea as well. Now I just need to download the demo and see what the fuss is all about!

    EDIT: Just looked it up. Apparently Monster Hunter 4 is for 3DS. *throws hands up in disgust*

    Fawst on
    steam_sig.png
  • TACOnightmareTACOnightmare Registered User
    Fawst wrote: »
    Honestly, it is unfathomable to me that we have the capability with these amazing home consoles to do so many great things... and yet we just shoot people, mostly. It's really upsetting the more I think about it.

    Psssst... Consoles are outdated and not that powerful. Even at release.

    I found a woman running around the wild yelling, "wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack." Naturally, I killed her and defiled her corpse.

    PSN: SmellyLemur
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    And? They're powerful enough to give us games like -- you know what, nevermind. Off topic enough as it is. The bottom line, and it can't be argued, is that there are too many fucking online shooters and not enough online other games.

    So I've watched the Gryphon video and the gameplay preview video and I've come to a conclusion: I don't like that Brit's brand of snark. Though I'll admit I did laugh out loud at the "so I've finally decided to avoid the cliffs, avoid the woods and just travel down the path. Everything's safe, nothing is--oh, it's a giant."

    steam_sig.png
  • MongerMonger Hella Fuckin Smokey Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Fawst wrote: »
    Oh, I'm not unreasonable, I don't need ALL my whims catered to. Just the one where I can play a game that isn't about shooting stuff online with a friend, please! :)
    Anarchy Reigns is going to be coop focused. Apparently it comes out in a couple months. Assassin's Creed 3 is going to have unspecified 2-4 player coop. There's roughly 47 coop Diablo-alikes hitting this year, including - but not limited to - Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, Path of Exile, and Borderlands 2*. Pretty sure there's a bunch of coop platformers coming out, Rayman: Legends for one. Is Charlie Murder still happening? Coop beat em up from the guy that brought you The Dishwasher. That's just stuff off the top of my head that I'm actually paying some amount of attention to, so there's stuff out there. You could also always dig back into Portal 2, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light**, Magicka, Trine 1 and 2, Rayman: Origins, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, or any of the other exceptional coop games that have come out over the past couple years.

    You could also go on a Skylanders binge. So there's that.

    *May include the shooting of things.
    **May (by technicality) include the shooting of things.

    Monger on
  • TACOnightmareTACOnightmare Registered User
    I like you.

    I found a woman running around the wild yelling, "wabbajack wabbajack wabbajack." Naturally, I killed her and defiled her corpse.

    PSN: SmellyLemur
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I do understand the disappointment at this not offering co-op, though. I mean, it's set up to be a team game. Local co-op would just be incredible.

  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Is this up, or going to be up on PSN store?

    camo_sig2.png
    My Backloggery PSN: Bigisy24
This discussion has been closed.