As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

On the switching of jobs.

mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
the place I am at is pretty ok. Have an excellent boss, they treat me well, its reasonably stable for the financial times. However I'm bored at work, and have not received a raise in 3 years despite receiving major job certifications and exemplary reviews. Do to financial situation but still....

I suppose a few Job realted q's for H/A

1) Is boredom a valid reason to risk the life change included in a new job?

2) Is being "coin operated" a bad character trait?

3) If a places fills a position thats a pretty good indicator the position will stay funded in the future?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
mojojoeo on

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    1 - No, it's perfectly legit.
    2 - You mean money-motivated? No, it's not bad, it's the way of life. It might be bad if you were a non-profit worker or maybe a teacher, but wanting more money after proving you've been doing a good job is a no-brainer.
    3 - Depends wildly, we need context. For example, in education grant-funded positions CAN be temporary, but if they're a major player in the field and expect to keep receiving the grant, it's not necessarily so.

schuss on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    3- it is a county govt job. They generally stay funded I think but yeah.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."