As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All Passes are now SOLD OUT! Anticipation for badges starts now!

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Its a good thing I now tend to jump on this stuff as soon as it opens up. Everything is selling out earlier and earlier every year it seems.

havok978 on
    XyqJPIp.png
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    So any word on how the one day passes are selling?

I honestly am unsure, there was a huge spike yesterday, but maybe it will slow down? I'll post an update Monday.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • sikkinixxsikkinixx Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Which day usually sells out first... Friday or Saturday? I can't afford both right now but I need to get something seeing as they will probably be sold out by rabid Halo fans soon!

sikkinixx on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Saturday -> Friday -> Sunday

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • sikkinixxsikkinixx Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    thanks. Bought a Saturday pass for now.

sikkinixx on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    blAAAm!!! wrote: »
    I think the announcement of Halofest probably pushed a lot of people to get badges. Glad i got mine early

Halo fans were told to buy PAX passes a month ago. Halofest announcement was a formality.

The official announcement probably just pushed more fencesitters over to buy. I know I got mine the day they went up due to 343 telling everyone to go to PAX this year. I figured it'd be easier to buy now before I know if I can actually go than try to wait for sales and lose out in a bigger rush.

edit: yeah, they told everyone to do it back in early april:

http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=32977

FyreWulff on
  • DannicusDannicus [E] Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Guys, seriously. If you really want to go to PAX this year, buy your single day now....Don't wait, or you're going to get shut out in the proverbial cold. When the 3 Days are gone, at least from my experience, the single days don't last much longer. Those of you who can afford the pass..buy it. Or live with the regret of missing out on one of the best events of the year.

DO IT, DO IT NOW!

Dannicus on
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    The official announcement probably just pushed more fencesitters over to buy. I know I got mine the day they went up due to 343 telling everyone to go to PAX this year. I figured it'd be easier to buy now before I know if I can actually go than try to wait for sales and lose out in a bigger rush.

Yeah, anybody with access to $60, either cash or credit card, should just buy the passes the day they go up from now on. If you can't go, you can absolutely certainly resell the pass (for a profit even, if you have no soul)...so there's zero risk.

And, as of today, that goes for one-day passes. Buy all three. Today. If you decide $105 is a little steep for the 3-day experience, sell one or more badges later. Too easy. But wouldn't it suck to find out the one or two panels you really wanted to see were on Friday, and you only wound up with a Saturday badge? Yes, yes it would.

EDIT: If you're worried, I can tell you from experience (last year) that I had zero problem selling all three one-day passes (a friend with a 3-day couldn't go, so hooked me up with his)...in fact, the only problem was my inbox exploding after I posted them on Craigslist.

mcdermott on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Three weeks is hardly comparable to ten minutes.

But last week they sold out in around two months, I think. Projecting mathematically that means that next year they'll sell out a week before they go on sale.

SCIENCE.

admanb on
  • CamExamCamExam Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    this blowsss!!!

CamExam on
  • rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    admanb wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Three weeks is hardly comparable to ten minutes.

But last week they sold out in around two months, I think. Projecting mathematically that means that next year they'll sell out a week before they go on sale.

SCIENCE.

Statistics, technically.

Part of me wants to find a way of causing PAX tickets to time-travel, though, now...

rnicoll on
  • RicinRicin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    When will HAVE/NEED Badge thread go up? I purchased 2 badges for friends who had interest but no cash. If they decide not to go I would like to get those badges to people who do want to go to PAX.

Ricin

Ricin on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SmallLady wrote: »
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE HAVE PASSES THREAD

Typically 3-4 weeks before PAX, we allow a thread to allow people seeking passes after sellout from people who bought tickets, but can no longer attend. This will still be allowed to happen with one exception: From here forward, all passes must be made available at face value (at current that is $60 for 3-day passes and $35 for single day passes). Anybody who wishes to sell their passes for more than face value must do so off site (i.e. ebay, craigslist, etc).
    Posts will only be allowed from people who HAVE a pass they are selling, there will be NO MORE posts asking for passes.

If somebody tries to sell you a pass through this thread above face value: Either PM Moe Fwacky or report his/her post or private message. Appropriate action will be taken to preserve this rule.

When will the have a pass thread be going up?

Once 1 days passes are closer to selling out, we'll post the thread. Please hold on to your passes until this thread goes up. Thanks.

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • JDoobsJDoobs Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Quick question from a newbie:

Other than the obvious discounted price. is there anything meaningful you get from a 3-day pass over buying day passes individually? I wasn't able to jump on the 3-day pass and now I'm worried single day passes will sell out before any of the Have/Need thread opens. I don't want to risk it. Thanks in advance for the assist.

JDoobs on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -- Rising From The Ashes --
  • chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    JDoobs wrote: »
    Quick question from a newbie:

Other than the obvious discounted price. is there anything meaningful you get from a 3-day pass over buying day passes individually? I wasn't able to jump on the 3-day pass and now I'm worried single day passes will sell out before any of the Have/Need thread opens. I don't want to risk it. Thanks in advance for the assist.

Nothing is different from a three day pass and a set of three one day passes. One day passes will sell out before the have/need thread is posted more than likely.

Passes have never sold out this fast before, honestly it's uncharted territory but in years past Saturday one day passes have sold out first then Friday and last Sunday. So buy the one day passes if you want to get in for sure.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I didn't get people reporting 3 day passes being scalped for ridonkulous prices already, I guess they just prey on people not knowing you can still get all the one days.

peterdevore on
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope PAX moves to onsite registration the year before. It would probably cut down on scalping quite a bit. But on the other side, I don't want it to become like SDCC where only previous attendees can get passes.

Clix on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Imsorad wrote: »
    I hope PAX moves to onsite registration the year before. It would probably cut down on scalping quite a bit. But on the other side, I don't want it to become like SDCC where only previous attendees can get passes.

There's a lot of risk in that, though, as the venue could change or the available space in the venue could change.

FyreWulff on
  • d3cib3ld3cib3l Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I got my 3 day pass last week thanks to a tip from a friend they were selling quick. Last year however I procrastinated and missed getting a 3-day before they sold out.. I had to buy each day individually. It surely cost more but there really is no other option if you want to be guaranteed to be there for all 3 days (especially byoc people). I did BYOC last year and they were cool with me having single day passes for all 3 days, I showed them at registration of course.

d3cib3l on
  • FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    *sigh*

Well, I broke down and bought the Friday and Saturday passes. The Sunday pass will have to wait until next Friday. Hopefully they don't sell out by then.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Imsorad wrote: »
    That's exactly what would happen. Only previous attendees, who knew their schedule and finances a year in advance, would be able to go. Heck, if anything else it would INCREASE scalping a TON, as only a very limited group would be able to acquire passes.

Dreamwriter on
  • BowieBowie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was literally about to buy my 3 day pass like.. the day before the official sell out.

Do you think it would be a good idea to buy a one day pass for now and wait until the HAVE thread opens.. that way I can go to PAX even if I can't nab a 3 day before hand and still sell off my one day pass or give it over to a friend?

Also would any group of PAX attendees be up for a party or something at the AFK Tavern if you could get up to Everett?? would be an awesome spot for 3 days of celebration. There's no age requirement for it and if you don't have a car, the 510 bus is awesome for getting people between both cities.

Bowie on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Bowie wrote: »
    I was literally about to buy my 3 day pass like.. the day before the official sell out.

Do you think it would be a good idea to buy a one day pass for now and wait until the HAVE thread opens.. that way I can go to PAX even if I can't nab a 3 day before hand and still sell off my one day pass or give it over to a friend?

Also would any group of PAX attendees be up for a party or something at the AFK Tavern if you could get up to Everett?? would be an awesome spot for 3 days of celebration. There's no age requirement for it and if you don't have a car, the 510 bus is awesome for getting people between both cities.

Theres a thread for organizing gatherings that arent around PAX-time: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=139365

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited May 2011
    ATTN: With the way passes are trending we will sell out of Saturday passes this week.

heels on

www.reedpop.com
    edited May 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    Theres a thread for organizing gatherings that arent around PAX-time: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=139365

Sorry bout that, I don't post a lot so I tend to conglomerate my ideas..
    But still? does that sound like a good idea? to buy a 1 day pass for now and try to nab a three day pass later, then sell or give away the one day pass.

Bowie on
  • ReparadocsReparadocs Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I have the same question... Yesterday, I was about to buy my tickets and saw they were sold out... now I am planning to buy Friday and Saturday tickets and try to get the 3-day pass when it goes up. How easy is it to sell the one-day passes?

Reparadocs on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    Everything is going to sell out well in advance this year, and it's usually not hard to move *any* of the passes even very close to pax.

zerzhul on
    edited May 2011
    Reparadocs wrote: »
    Yeah, I have the same question... Yesterday, I was about to buy my tickets and saw they were sold out... now I am planning to buy Friday and Saturday tickets and try to get the 3-day pass when it goes up. How easy is it to sell the one-day passes?

probably about as easy as it is to sell 3-day badges.

SmallLady on
    edited May 2011
    So I ended up buying 3 single day passes...Hopefully I will get a 3 day pass and sell those, but in the worst case, I pay 105$ for three days of PAX. Hopefully, it will be worth it...

Reparadocs on
    edited May 2011
    Did I say this week? I meant today.

heels on

www.reedpop.com
    edited May 2011
    PAX wrote:
    Wow, badges are moving at record speed. We have less than 1,000 Saturday passes remaining!

http://twitter.com/Official_PAX/statuses/67967876757323776

zerzhul on
  • nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I ended up buying 3 single day passes...Hopefully I will get a 3 day pass and sell those, but in the worst case, I pay 105$ for three days of PAX. Hopefully, it will be worth it...
    If you're lucky enough to get a 3-day pass from someone who isn't going to use it, I don't think you'll have any problem selling your single day passes at face value to another fan in need, they'll likely be a full sell out.

nearlysober on
    edited May 2011
    Just an update on the Saturday passes...As of now, they are sold out...

Reparadocs on
    edited May 2011
    Just an update on the Saturday passes...As of now, they are sold out...

Indeed!

heels on

www.reedpop.com
    edited May 2011
    Any word on how the Friday passes are trending?

Bowie on
  • creid8creid8 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was really hoping some Saturdays would come back from refunds, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen :(

creid8 on
    edited May 2011
    Bowie wrote: »
    Any word on how the Friday passes are trending?

Just checked, I would give them until... Wednesday at the very outside.

heels on

www.reedpop.com
    edited May 2011
    Less than 1000 Friday passes left. Assume Sundays aren't that far behind.

zerzhul on
    edited May 2011
    Glad I nabbed my Friday pass last night.. so at least if I can't nab a 3 day pass I'll have something worked out for one day.

Bowie on
    edited May 2011
    We are down to our last 400 Friday passes for PAX Prime, at this rate we will be entirely sold out 90 days till show.

SmallLady on