As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chris Jericho: Best in The World At What He Does [Wrestling]

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2012
    There was a solid Beth/Gail Kim match a few months ago.

... they put it on Superstars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GZ3UPSm7eY

Why this wasn't on a Raw with more time will forever boggle my mind. Actual wrestling moves, people that know how to run the ropes, no having to do Kelly Kelly's moves for her..

FyreWulff on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    What's the best women's match the WWE has ever had? Something involving Trish or Lita I guess? Cause Kharma and Beth are far better wrestlers than either of them so I'd love to see what they could do together. Assuming they were given enough time anyway.

Definitely one of several Trish/Lita matches in the early 2000s. Although Stephanie McMahon, of all people, was carried to some surprisingly watchable matches (by Lita) just prior to that.
    SanderJK wrote:
    [Shamus]'s the most over face right now, meaning he goes up against Bryan I'd guess. Which makes me suspect it'll be Orton vs. CM Punk at WM, assuming both retain in the next two months. (I don't think they'll leave both Cena and Orton out of titleland fo WM, Orton had one of the biggest pops yesterday too).

Wait... if Shamus as a face defaults to Bryan, why does Orton -- also a face -- default to Punk? The main reason Orton got crazy pops last night was because they were in St. Louis, his hometown.

Punk/Jericho is the way I think they're going (up until Shamus won the Rumble over Jericho, anyway).

SanderJK wrote:
    I'm not sure about who the Undertaker should face come WM. Noone seems to fit in my mind.

I think I've heard that it'll be HHH for the third time...

Vyolynce on
    nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    What's the best women's match the WWE has ever had? Something involving Trish or Lita I guess? Cause Kharma and Beth are far better wrestlers than either of them so I'd love to see what they could do together. Assuming they were given enough time anyway.

If we're including pre-name change then it's easily the Glamour Girls vs Jumping Bomb Angels two out of three falls match from the '88 Rumble. I seriously cannot think of a better match to have occurred outside of AJW, it was that good.

For post name change only then my only suggestion would be Trish vs Mickie from Wrestlemania 22. A match so good it tricked me into thinking Mickie James was awesome.

[edit] Double posts are bad, so here is something better. It must be better because it involves Bull Nakano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVu1OHg2Pd0

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    edited January 2012
    Huh, double post. How very embarrassing.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Dyvim Tvar wrote:

If we're including pre-name change then it's easily the Glamour Girls vs Jumping Bomb Angels two out of three falls match from the '88 Rumble. I seriously cannot think of a better match to have occurred outside of AJW, it was that good.

That match was STUPIDLY ahead of its time.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    I believe the plan was before the rumble:

Orton / WHC

Cena / Rock

Hunter / Taker career v. career with Shawn Michaels as Guest Referee

Show v. Shaq

Punk v. Jericho

Money in the Bank.

So I guess that suggests that maybe Orton wins the belt at EC and faces Sheamus, same with Jericho. (Because they put Punk in an EC match, so he can lose without losing probably.)

And you know what is retarded? Putting punk in the EC MATCH! The EC match should be for a shot at the title at Wrestlemania. Makes 100x more sense.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • r4dr3zr4dr3z Registered User regular
    FyreWulff wrote:
    The problem is the more that the WWE goes kayfabe, the more the mainstream media focuses on "exposing" wrestling as fake. If you remember during the height of the recent golden era, and the last time they were super kayfabe, there was practically a news special every month on how wrestling was "exposed", because the general public hates secretive organizations.

They will never go 100% kayfabe again, but they could have excluded the bump tweet from that article.
    So they could just put a disclaimer about how wrestling isn't real right on their website, and continue with pretending that it's real elsewhere.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    So I guess that suggests that maybe Orton wins the belt at EC and faces Sheamus

And they run face vs. face for no apparent reason? While completely dropping the Orton/Barrett feud after five seconds of Rumble action and, presumably, whatever they get out of a six man EC. I'm not seeing it.

cu4c1c5yy0xr.png
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    David_T wrote:
    So I guess that suggests that maybe Orton wins the belt at EC and faces Sheamus

And they run face vs. face for no apparent reason? While completely dropping the Orton/Barrett feud after five seconds of Rumble action and, presumably, whatever they get out of a six man EC. I'm not seeing it.

Duhhhhhhh *Slaps head*

Yeah good point. Maybe it's a three way with Bryan then?

steam_sig.png
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    Prediction Game Hubub Within, No Scores
    The Kane/Cena match will be thrown out.
    Hjorvarthr won the Royal Rumble at #22, and will be challenging Radius, or whoever has Radius' title at Wrestlemania.
    Speaking of titles, both titles will be defended at Elimination Chamber. Radius will be facing The Geebs Who Is A Pony, and the top 4 season to date scorers from SE++. Gonmun will be defending against the top 5 from D&D.
    Speaking of the brands, if you regularly play the Prediction Game, or plan to start anytime soon, please fill out this handy performance evaluation.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Sadly I don't think I'm in the D&D top 5 :(
    Maybe next season I'll make it to mania

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote:

For post name change only then my only suggestion would be Trish vs Mickie from Wrestlemania 22. A match so good it tricked me into thinking Mickie James was awesome.

[edit] Double posts are bad, so here is something better. It must be better because it involves Bull Nakano:

snip
    Thanks, I just watched both matches and they were really good. I guess we've got Trish to blame for the current state of that division, as it seemed to make WWE management think they could make any model into a decent wrestler.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Prediction Game Hubub Within, No Scores
    The Kane/Cena match will be thrown out.
    Hjorvarthr won the Royal Rumble at #22, and will be challenging Radius, or whoever has Radius' title at Wrestlemania.
    Speaking of titles, both titles will be defended at Elimination Chamber. Radius will be facing The Geebs Who Is A Pony, and the top 4 season to date scorers from SE++. Gonmun will be defending against the top 5 from D&D.
    Speaking of the brands, if you regularly play the Prediction Game, or plan to start anytime soon, please fill out this handy performance evaluation.

Think you've been doing an awesome job Badman!

And for all you folks out there looking to challenge me for this belt... *holds up his shiny championship* I've held onto it since August. I've faced all challengers and come out of each encounter with my championship. I've fought bloggers and posters and come Elimination Chamber I face my most difficult challenge yet but I am up to the task. So the question to you D&D players, are you?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular

what if we post in both @evilbadman?

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited January 2012
    THEPAIN73 wrote:

what if we post in both @evilbadman?

Long ago, at Money in the Bank, I split the player base by asking which forum everyone associated with more. On the Season Standings, all SE++ are red names, and D&D are blue. Black are people who joined after the brand extension, and purple is me.

EvilBadman on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    they are really going out of the way to make deniel bryan unlikeable now, aren't they

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    They are. His shouting "Yes!" cracks me up every time. Also funny? The slow smile on his face when he realized he had just beat CM Punk with the DQ. Couldn't stop laughing.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    well, but for a while they were kind of soft playing it. I just thought when they had him come out with the whole "I'ma vegan!" shtick he kind of talked himself into a corner.

They really want to push him all the way heel before the next ppv, it just kind of made me chuckle

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I thought it funny that punk was saying he wasn't a role model. When pretty much D-Bry is doing the straight edge gimmick of Punk's but with meat instead of drugs.

If Russo was involved we'd have a match of Punk Vs Bryan where the only way to win is to shoot punk up with heroin or make D-Bry eat a veal burger.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    someone in the audience definitely yelled "hulkamania lives" when brodus clay started shaking at the ropes.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Funkamania.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    even better

I hate that type of no sell for some reason and I really don't know why. Every time I see Brodus do it he loses the good will that his entrance buys him.

Dyvim Tvar wrote:
    I hate that type of no sell for some reason and I really don't know why. Every time I see Brodus do it he loses the good will that his entrance buys him.

It's pretty much typical WWE booking. Not really his fault.

I don't really mind it as long as he's just smashing jobbers to build his rep. If he's still doing it against guys that are supposed to be actual threats it'll start getting tiresome

NREqxl5.jpg
    On the plus side at least it's not as bad as the Tatanka no sell.

yeah as an entertainment thing in this phase I don't mind it. as a real element in a bigger match I don't want to see it ever. I didn't even like that as a kid. what's the point.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I thought it funny that punk was saying he wasn't a role model. When pretty much D-Bry is doing the straight edge gimmick of Punk's but with meat instead of drugs.

If Russo was involved we'd have a match of Punk Vs Bryan where the only way to win is to shoot punk up with heroin or make D-Bry eat a veal burger.

"Vice Match". Book it. Done.

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    I'm sure half-way they'd change the rules and Punk would end up eating a heroin cheeseburger.

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    Electrified burger. Once Bryan takes a bite, they flick the lights on and off and Russo makes electrical sounds into a microphone.

"We can add the effects in post!"
    "...what about the crowd?"
    "Haven't you ever heard of suspension of disbelief?"

elimchamber.png
    37 Points Possible.

CARD
    John Cena vs. Kane (Ambulance Match)
    Raw Elimination Chamber Match
    SmackDown Elimination Chamber Match
    Divas Champion Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina Snuka

PLAY USING THIS FORM Form open until the start of show. If submitting a second set of picks, please message EvilBadman prior to doing so. Matches added to the card will be ignored, matches removed will be nullified.

PA CARD
    Radius v The Geebs That Is A Pony v Sweeney Tom v THEPAIN73 v Nirya v DoomSong8
    Gonmun v TheSultan v 411Randle v Martian v pdk01 v David_T

ROYAL RUMBLE RESULTS
    David_T 43
    Temporal Paradox 43
    mjn73178 39
    Hullis 38
    Maximum 33
    MyNameIsWalrus 33
    Snapson98 33
    Spooch 33
    411Randle 30
    Dogbone33 30
    Gonmun 30
    NinjaSquirrel 30
    Radius 30
    TheSultan 30
    Assuran 28
    Bedlam 28
    Hjorvarthr 28
    LBD_Nytetrayn 28
    Lux 28
    psychotic one 28
    superjoe 28
    Sweeney Tom 28
    THEPAIN73 28
    Bloodsheed 27
    crwth 27
    EvilBadman 27
    Goose! 27
    KurnDerak 27
    Magell 27
    Shadowen 27
    Alistair Hutton 25
    CarbonRod 25
    Cornell002 25
    Doomsong8 25
    FecklessRogue 25
    Martian 25
    Nirya 25
    PwnanObrien 25
    Sir Headless VII 25
    The Geebs That Is A Pony 25
    pdk01 24
    Xehalus 23
    QuickSnap 22
    arjeidi 20
    Lord Pants 20
    facetious 19
    MolotovCockatoo 19
    Legacy 15
    RMED 10

Top 25
    1 Radius [C]
    2 Gonmun [C]
    3 TheSultan
    4 The Geebs That Is A Pony
    5 411Randle
    6 EvilBadman
    6 Sweeney Tom
    9 Martian
    9 pdk01
    10 THEPAIN73
    11 Nirya
    11 David_T
    13 DoomSong8
    13 Lux
    15 Shadowen
    16 Goose!
    17 MyNameIsWalrus
    18 PwnanObrien
    19 Hjorvarthr
    20 mjn73178
    21 LBD_Nytetrayn
    22 Alistair Hutton
    22 Maximum
    24 Legacy
    24 QuickSnap
    Full Season Standings Here

I totally got screwed on picks this PPV.

I will need to redeem myself at Wrestlemania and try to carry on into season 3 (There...there will be a season 3 yes?).

Also with all the recent injuries it will be interesting to see who they give more TV time to here. Hopefully they put Santino into the IC race and bring Cody up to the Main event. Maybe not ready to carry the belt but him and Ziggler have definately stepped up their game this year.

Holding steady at Meh.

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    I may no longer have my title but damnit I'm going to make sure D&D comes out on top at 'Mania!

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
    Earlier in the thread we had a discussion about how much better the women's/divas' division used to be. Here's a great (if not the greatest) Trish/Lita match that main evented RAW in December 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIU044mVSo&feature=share

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    That was a great match. Lita damn near killed herself with that dive to the outside.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    It amazes me that IIRC she almost never seriously hurt herself in the ring (or, in this case, diving out of it) despite all of the ranas and stuff that she did, but she guest starts on ONE episode of a TV series (Dark Angel?) and breaks her neck doing the exact same sort of stunt.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    FCW is dead.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/24768-huge-wwe-shakeup-fcw-done
    Officials from WWE told Bright House Sports network today, which airs the FCW shows in Florida, that they are closing down the promotion and will not be doing anymore television after the final three shows taped last week air.

WWE officials told Bright House Sports that they are folding the promotion, closing the gym, and moving everyone to Stamford, CT for the time being until they figure out what they are going to do with developmental.

Those in WWE also heard news today and were given the impression the company was going to do developmental out of Conneticut and possibly open a second developmental territory.