As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Chris Jericho: Best in The World At What He Does [Wrestling]

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    WHAT.

That's like the third failed dev promotion in the last 5 years, isn't it?

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Open something in AZ please. I'd love to get to watch some indy level wrestling with William Regal on commentary.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    wm28.png
    77 Points Possible

The Card
    John Cena Vs. The Rock
    WWE Champion CM Punk Vs. Chris Jericho
    World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan Vs. Sheamus
    The Undertaker Vs. Triple H (Hell in a Cell, Special Referee Shawn Michaels)
    Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes Vs. The Big Show
    Team Johnny Vs. Team Teddy
    Randy Orton Vs. Kane
    Divas Champion Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos

Make Picks using THIS FORM. Form will remain open until start of show, WRESTLEMANIA STARTS at 4 PST. Matches added, removed or substantially changed will be ignored.

PA Card
    No Country for Old Champions: Gonmun vs Radius
    SE++ Champion Sweeney Tom vs Hjorvathr
    411Randle vs Martian for the Vacant D&D Championship
    EvilBadman vs WhoEverChallengesHimInAPM
    Tag Team Title Cluster Fuck: If your current rank is 11 or worse, PM me with a partner to go for the NEW tag belts. Top scoring team wins them.

Elimination Chamber Results
    CarbonRod 37
    411Randle 30
    Evil Badman 30
    FecklessRogue 30
    LBD_Nytetrayn 30
    Martian 30
    Sweeney Tom 28
    Assuran 27
    PwnanObrien 27
    Shadowen 27
    Spooch 27
    Temporal Paradox 27
    The Geebs That Is A Pony 27
    Devlin_Dragonus 25
    Goose! 25
    Hjorvarthr 25
    Hullis 25
    mjn73178 25
    Radius 25
    TheSultan 25
    Nirya 23
    Nothing 23
    magell 22
    David_T 21
    Bedlam 20
    Dogbone33 20
    MolotovCockatoo 20
    MyNameIsWalrus 20
    NinjaSquirrel 20
    Schide 20
    Sir Headless VII 20
    superjoe 20
    Alistair Hutton 18
    Gonmun 18
    Legacy 18
    Lux 18
    Maximum 17
    thepain73 17
    Doomsong8 16
    Matev 15
    Bloodsheed 14
    arjeidi 13
    QuickSnap 12
    psychotic one 8
    PA Card Results
    Radius (25) v The Geebs That Is A Pony (27) v Sweeney Tom (28) v THEPAIN73 (17) v Nirya (23) v DoomSong8 (16)
    Gonmun (18) v TheSultan (25) v 411Randle (30) v Martian (30) v pdk01 (0) v David_T (21)

TOP 25
    1 Radius
    2 Gonmun
    3 TheSultan
    3 The Geebs That Is A Pony
    3 411Randle
    6 EvilBadman
    8 Martian
    8 Sweeney Tom [C]
    9 Nirya
    10 David_T
    10 Shadowen
    12 THEPAIN73
    13 Goose!
    14 Lux
    15 DoomSong8
    16 MyNameIsWalrus
    16 PwnanObrien
    18 pdk01
    19 Hjorvarthr
    20 LBD_Nytetrayn
    21 mjn73178
    22 Assuran
    23 Alistair Hutton
    24 Maximum
    25 Legacy
    Full Standings

The Future
    Top score of the next PPV gets a title shot.
    Brand restructuring will occur based on the results of S3's first PPV.

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    I killed it at Elimination Chamber.

Killed my standing, I mean.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I, on the other hand, actually killed.

I can't remember what my choices were, but apparently they weren't bad. I know I gained a few spots overall.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    so I actually got on cena's side on Monday

when he was like "I've been here for 10 years, never turned on my fans (turned heel)... and I win" I was like you know what cena, that was a badass thing to say to the Rock

dunno why but when he said 'and I win' he got me.

although I just hope it's a good match with a clean finish, really.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    wow what a fucking waste

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    What the hell. . .

So the Divas match will be longer than that. Fantastic.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So Daniel Bryan's first title reign is officially just a footnote now. 18 second title match. . . Wow.

• spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Orton should have taken Khali's spot on Team Long, instead of having a pointless match with Kane.

At least he finally had a chance to get a damn razor.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Taker and Hunter need all the time in the world I guess.

Kyougu wrote: »
    Taker and Hunter need all the time in the world I guess.

Well, the Taker-HHH, Punk-Jericho and Cena-Rock matches should each be over 30 minutes, I hope.

Damn it! I wanted Cody to beat the HonkyTonk man's reign :(

wanted cody

didn't care about kane match really but I am glad he won I guess.

Variable wrote: »
    wanted cody

didn't care about kane match really but I am glad he won I guess.

Kane-Orton was a pointless match, but at least Kane's win may advance his character since he said he needed to beat Orton to become a real monster again. I'm still hoping for an inferno match where Kane gets reburned (or burned for the first time?)

edited April 2012
    This is already 10 times better than last years match. Great nearfall after the SCM.

EDIT: But stop saying this is the end of an era; HHH has no skin in the game storywise, sheesh.

ED! on
    ED! wrote: »
    This is already 10 times better than last years match. Great nearfall after the SCM.

EDIT: But stop saying this is the end of an era; HHH has no skin in the game storywise, sheesh.

This match had some of the best story telling I have ever seen. Easily on par with the first Shawn-Taker match. Incredible.

LMAO. Laurinaitis looks like Brother Love.

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    Did DBD strangle someone else with a tie?

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
    Poor Zack. I hope he can finally stop looking like a buffoon for liking Eve now.

I thought it was hilarious when Khali had to roll out of the ring after being knocked done because he CAN'T GET UP on his own.

Best in the world time.

Best in the world time.

Since the Sheamus Match wasn't even a match, I am expecting this to be the best match of the night from a wrestling perspective, although I will be surprised if they can match UT-HHH or Big Show-Cody for story telling.

Sheamus is a good brawler, but I'd rather any combination of Bryan/Punk/Jericho. Three way next year would be just dandy. This will be a great match; about only thing that could top it personally would be a Cena heel turn. Not likely but hoo damn would it be sweet.

That was excellent. Some really inventive spots. I was disappointed when Jericho moved from the "real" walls with the knee in the back to the high boston crab he has done for most of his time in the wwf/e and Cole said "now he really has it locked in." The original version of the move is greatly superior because it stops you from getting to the ropes.

Oh dear god. Just get to the main event. Seriously.

This is definitely a strange wrestlemania moment. Better than a concert though. I wish they hadn't used Farooq on the crab skit, cause this bit could really use a "DAMN!"

edited April 2012
    LMAO: "One of the biggest ego's get beat by the underdog. . ."

Nice. That was MUCH better than their overproduced nonsense that usually involves CENA.

ED! on
    edited April 2012
    Instead of the concerts, brodus clay, flo rida, and crabs, they could have actually let sheamus and Daniel Bryan wrestle. . .

Edit: I loved how noone put their hands in the air when Flo Rida said "put your hands up."

spacekungfuman on
    edited April 2012
    Get back in there John; turn your heel!

EDIT: Ugh. Come on.

ED! on
    I thought Cena had him when he did the crossbody rolling into the AA. It's Cena's signature feat of strength into his finishing move. After Rock kicked out of that, it was a given Rock had the match.

• Evil_ReaverEvil_Reaver Registered User regular
    I'm kind of surprised the script didn't have the Rock/Cena thing continue after the match ended. Is the feud over now or what?

XBL: Agitated Wombat | 3DS: 2363-7048-2527
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Get back in there John; turn your heel!

EDIT: Ugh. Come on.

Cena is not turning heel until he stops being profitable as a babyface, and I highly doubt that's coming anytime soon.

Hogan was still profitable when they turned him. . .stale sure, but he was still selling tickets. Perhaps a more apt comparison would be Austin in 2001.

• KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    The thing with the Hogan turn is that I think WCW was still under WWF in ratings at that time, and his heel turn in part helped WCW pull ahead of WWF in ratings. It was a risk that, IMO, really helped both Hogan and WCW (at first at least). With Cena, however, is at a position that the amount of profit/selling power that can be increased by a change in his character isn't big enough for it to be worth risking it backfiring with a character change. There is no rival for WWE to need to take risks against like WCW had in WWF.

• Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    Hogan was still profitable when they turned him. . .stale sure, but he was still selling tickets. Perhaps a more apt comparison would be Austin in 2001.

The crowd hated Hogan. Like, hated. And shit wasn't flying with him anymore.

Shit still flies with Cena, despite what the angry smark fanbase tells you. He ships merch, pops ratings and sells tickets. And plus, turning Cena heel isn't going to make wrestling good or cool. It's like Pg wrestling. Having Miz drop F-bombs isn't going to change the fact the company can't book feuds or get people over.

steam_sig.png
    yeah cena still won't be able to sell

if he's gonna wrestle the way he does I'd rather him be pure baby face, at least he's serving some purpose

• FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Cena is not turning heel until he stops being profitable as a babyface, and I highly doubt that's coming anytime soon.

What if Cena was already a heel and you just didn't notice? I mean, sure, not a bashing people with steel chairs sort of heel, but case in point, that speech his entrance rapper (which is a thing now I guess) gave at the end of his song? Sort of heel. The beginning of the match when he ducks out of the ring? Sort of heel.
    Taunting the Rock and arrogantly attempting to "steal" the People's Elbow only to get surprise babyface comeback'd? Definitely sort of heel.

And it has been this way for a while. The way he almost wrecked up a broken Zach Ryder during the Kane feud? The way he treated Eve after it ended? The way he comes out and tells the fans 'Keep booing. I don't care. I'm going to keep winning in spite of you.' All sort of heel.

Its not sledgehammer in the face heel, but his character has definitely changed a bit.

well

maybe tomorrow will be super interesting. anything is possible I guess.