Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

People are People [Life Lessons]

• DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    SoaL wrote: »
    are koshian and linksville being facetious or what

why do people put up with this

I dunno, it's ameliorated somewhat because they were reacting to casual misogyny and the idea that empathy somehow makes you a pussy

but hey, you know, whatever

hahahaha if that's really why they're doing it then that is pretty sad

I posted stop being a little bitch RIGHT AFTER Anjin posted kill cops
    I mean, I guess I could see how they would take me seriously and not Anjin if they were retarded or something but I don't think they are?

cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't find beards and mustaches attractive at all.

But I like them.

I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ten wrote: »
    Yeah, I definitely relate to the Imposter Syndrome to a fairly large degree, but I still have a hard time connecting the knowledge of my achievements to myself as a person. It kinda feels like I can say the words but not really believe them.

Nogs, did you find that the realisation itself was all you needed to get past the problems you were having? Or did you need to do something to 'convince' yourself?

it definitely wasn't something that just happened overnight.

I would say a big part over getting over that hump was actually doing freelance for awhile.

it forced me to put a dollar amount to what my time was worth. once that happened, it wasn't to hard to realized

'hey, i am good at this. i can do this. i have the skills, experience and personality to succeed at this'

and from there it extended to the rest of my life. It made me realize that i am an extremely capable person. That helped all areas of my life from career, to personal, to social.

It also helped me help others in realizing that they too should be taking credit for their actions. It's particularly helped me assist other people in resume writing and job searching.

in fact, i'd say that writing a resume about yourself(not necessarily career oriented) can do a lot for one to realize their full potential and their accomplishments.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    are koshian and linksville being facetious or what

why do people put up with this

I dunno, it's ameliorated somewhat because they were reacting to casual misogyny and the idea that empathy somehow makes you a pussy

but hey, you know, whatever

it mostly looks like they were just attacking daric

DKFA7.gif
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    people are people, soal

edited April 2011
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    people are people, soal

some people are noobs though...

DKFA7.gif
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    this week i learned that cowboys are pretty cool and good tippers

SPJbSps.png
    edited April 2011
    Koshian only attacked his dumb ideas and Linksville was reacting to him calling women who like long haired guys obese.

I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    Nogs wrote: »
    Ten wrote: »
    Yeah, I definitely relate to the Imposter Syndrome to a fairly large degree, but I still have a hard time connecting the knowledge of my achievements to myself as a person. It kinda feels like I can say the words but not really believe them.

Nogs, did you find that the realisation itself was all you needed to get past the problems you were having? Or did you need to do something to 'convince' yourself?

it definitely wasn't something that just happened overnight.

I would say a big part over getting over that hump was actually doing freelance for awhile.

it forced me to put a dollar amount to what my time was worth. once that happened, it wasn't to hard to realized

'hey, i am good at this. i can do this. i have the skills, experience and personality to succeed at this'

and from there it extended to the rest of my life. It made me realize that i am an extremely capable person. That helped all areas of my life from career, to personal, to social.

It also helped me help others in realizing that they too should be taking credit for their actions. It's particularly helped me assist other people in resume writing and job searching.

in fact, i'd say that writing a resume about yourself(not necessarily career oriented) can do a lot for one to realize their full potential and their accomplishments.

too often people think what they have done amounts to nothing or isn't that important

for instance, i have a friend who knows japanese fluently, but doesn't think its a big deal because he doesn't have a certification.

out of a millions of people in the the city, i would guess only maybe a couple hundred non-natives can speak japanese fluently.

Thats like .01% of people. I mean seriously. That's a pretty remarkable thing.

rotate.jpg
    edited April 2011

Damn, just got one of those server is busy errors, guess I was wrong about them being fixed

but anyway, yeah they are. I love getting a table full of cowboy looking guys at work because I know I don't really have to watch my language and I can just be real with them. Also, they tip well and are nice.

Unlike, 80% of my other tables.

I had a table last night sit there in my section for an hour and a half AFTER we closed (I had to stay and wait for them to get up since we're not allowed to leave until everything in our section is clean) and then they left me $5 on 100. Which, since tip pool is 3.5% of the sales, I made $1.50 off of them.

Edit: Nogs, why doesn't he just get his certification then? That's an excellent thing to have on a resume since so many companies do business with Japanese partners.

• LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Koshian only attacked his dumb ideas and Linksville was reacting to him calling women who like long haired guys obese.

Combination of both.

postinbros.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Different people like different things. Some ladies like their dudes with long hair, others like their dudes with short hair. I don't see any logic in presuming that women who like guys with long hair are fat, other than... No, I don't see it.

Personally, I like my hair fairly short, but Rachel likes it medium-length. Problem is that it stays the length she prefers for maybe a few weeks before it gets too long, starts getting in my eyes, and goes vaguely mullet-y.

edited April 2011

oh i didn't know that made it ok
    nvm

DKFA7.gif
    edited April 2011
    literally everything I say is 100% serious all the time

edited April 2011
    Daric wrote: »

Damn, just got one of those server is busy errors, guess I was wrong about them being fixed

but anyway, yeah they are. I love getting a table full of cowboy looking guys at work because I know I don't really have to watch my language and I can just be real with them. Also, they tip well and are nice.

I had a table last night sit there in my section for an hour and a half AFTER we closed (I had to stay and wait for them to get up since we're not allowed to leave until everything in our section is clean) and then they left me $5 on 100. Which, since tip pool is 3.5% of the sales, I made $1.50 off of them.

Edit: Nogs, why doesn't he just get his certification then? That's an excellent thing to have on a resume since so many companies do business with Japanese partners.

think he is going for it, the tests are like only a few times a year though

rotate.jpg
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I need to get a haircut soon, now that I think about it.

edited April 2011

nvm

What did they even say that was so horrific?

"Your idea is childish, misogynistic and dumb."

and

"Oh well if those women are fat let's see how you look? *sees* [Yo momma joke] and you're not that great looking."

The...humanity

I want to do with you
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If it floats, flies, or fucks, rent it.

tonkkatrikesig.jpg
    Gamertag: T0NKKA - Steam: evilumpire Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! HEY SATAN
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

what kind of restaurant do you wait at, if you don't mind me asking

SPJbSps.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't pay women to have sex with you, pay them to leave afterward.

edited April 2011

I live in Houston, and it's a Cajun seafood restaurant, Pappadeaux to be exact.

Our prices are middle-range (the average entree is around $25) but with the gas prices and everything going up, instead of not eating out, people are still eating out but they are tipping less which makes no sense at all.

I don't want to get into it but we have one subset of customers that just doesn't tip ever no matter how good the service was. It's apparently like this at every restaurant in this area too according to some of my friends who wait at other places.

Edit: Oh, we also had a table last night of 30 people get in an argument with our managers because they refused to pay gratuity and then they all just walked out with paying at all.

edited April 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Life lesson: Walk away from stupid trivial arguments.

Haha on these forums?

I want to do with you
  • LinksvilleLinksville Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't worry guys, I was just joking too. Don't take me seriously.

Ever.

postinbros.jpg
  • JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Our prices are middle-range (the average entree is around $25) but with the gas prices and everything going up, instead of not eating out, people are still eating out but they are tipping less which makes no sense at all.

I don't want to get into it but we have one subset of customers that just doesn't tip ever no matter how good the service was. It's apparently like this at every restaurant in this area too according to some of my friends who wait at other places.

Edit: Oh, we also had a table last night of 30 people get in an argument with our managers because they refused to pay gratuity and then they all just walked out with paying at all.

Canadians?

Spoiler:
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    One of the life lessons I learned as a young un was that shit happens. Yeah it's a cliche line. I just figured that there's a lot of shit happens that's outside of my control. Sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's good. I just try not to let it get to me.

There's also the line by Riddick "I play the cards that life dealt me, and then I cheat."

Because you know. Riddick plays by nobodies rules.

Except his own. Even then he still cheats.

edited April 2011
    That is the slang term for them, yes.

edited April 2011

nvm

and

"Oh well if those women are fat let's see how you look? *sees* [Yo momma joke] and you're not that great looking."

The...humanity

that's not what they wrote

I guess you are friends with them so you assume the best but the actual posts are more confrontational than your paraphrasing

and I guess they don't like him, but why not just let it slide and ignore him

it all seems like a big waste of time that could be spent not being a dick to someone

DKFA7.gif
    edited April 2011

that sounds like a bit of a clusterfuck, dude. i work at an italian place actually. we do alright for ourselves; had a big old 65 top last night that went pretty well actually.

SPJbSps.png
    edited April 2011
    Well I'm not really, but yeah I guess we should just drop it since neither of us was involved and it's a pointless argument anyway.

I want to do with you
    edited April 2011

nvm

and

The...humanity

I guess you are friends with them so you assume the best but the actual posts are more confrontational than your paraphrasing

it all seems like a big waste of time that could be spent not being a dick to someone
    you have successfully described every koshian post ever. you win the prize*

*there is no prize

SPJbSps.png
    edited April 2011

nvm

and

The...humanity

Thank you for trying to defend me, but it's not that big a deal. Nothing that ever happens on these forums really affects me. I log on here, post some shit, then I walk away and go have fun with my friends.

edited April 2011
    It might be that I actually agree with Koshian's point here so I feel like Daric deserves some berating.

Long hair is fabulous.

I want to do with you
    edited April 2011
    but i have a firefox addon that increases my bandwidth depending on how many stupid arguments I am in

and this anime is starting to buffer at the important part

DKFA7.gif
    edited April 2011
    A worthy cause...

Brother.

I want to do with you
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    More arguments for the argumentative god.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Long hair is fabulous.

I will never be beautiful.

tonkkatrikesig.jpg
    Gamertag: T0NKKA - Steam: evilumpire Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! HEY SATAN