As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Portal 2! IT'S HERE! IT'S OUT!

1575859606163»

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    *Fliiiiiinnnnnnn0

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Game is awesome.

Any word on when a level editor may be coming? With a good map making community behind it this game will have legs for yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaars.

Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Alegis wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Jaunty wrote: »
    Not every one, just 11 of them. Every monitor is destructible, though, if you can find a way.
    Starting in the chamber after Wheatley's First Test Chamber.bsp, you can destroy each monitor inside a test chamber.

In general, this is by catapulting yourself into them. However, for a couple of test chambers, you will need to grab a turret that hasn't deactivated, then run it into the chamber and set it down facing Wheatley. I assume the turrets are a little unhappy about being Frankenturreted as they shoot the monitor. There are also a couple where you'll need to aim a Thermal Discouragement Beam at the monitor to break it (using portals if necessary).

Finally, after the chambers, there's one monitor of Wheatley at the conveyor belt just before the final confrontation. You can blow this one up by firing one of the explosive balls at it through portals.
    what about this room?
    2011-04-22_00003.jpg

There's a turret behind me, and I tried saving the turret but it deactivates. I even tried jumping on the button and then firing the tunnel portal but I get killed before I get to pull that off. If I put the turret in the tunnel and then change directions it freaks out and deactivates.

As for launching boxes into the screen, I can't get a good angle on the monitor

I was just thinking about that bit (i'd just replayed it) and you know.. when he says that I think if he misspoke and said:
    I am not a mormon!

It'd be funnier.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    theantipop wrote: »
    I just realized that I didn't read the achievement very carefully and have been destroying cameras like in the first game, not the monitors. I'm dumb =/

You know what's neat? The cameras are still around in that first set of run-down chambers, but they don't follow your movements until GlaDOS wakes up. I thought that was a nice touch.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hey, is there anyone here who hasn't played the co-op yet who would like to. I'm playing on the 360.

enderjsv on
This discussion has been closed.