Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[COX] - City of Heroes Freedom is Live, TITAN WEAPONS are live also new iTrials

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    More possibly true spoilers datamined from Issue 23 and posted on SA, this one involving new powers.
    Spoiler:

• tricontricon Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    More possibly true spoilers datamined from Issue 23 and posted on SA, this one involving new powers.
    Spoiler:

Yeah if you have access to the vip beta files you can use a pigg viewer tool to browse through content.
    Spoiler:

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    kafziel wrote: »
    It won't happen. I know it won't happen.
    Spoiler:

Better yet, each power should just make your dude strike a different pose and do a laugh animation / sound.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
  • WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Spoiler:

I take back every bad thing I've said about this game in the last month. I've felt like I've *desperately* wanted water powers for months now, and they're actually making the set. Awesome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Oh hey no new dominator sets. Neat.

• kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »
    Oh hey no new dominator sets. Neat.

You just got two. Quitcher bitchin'.

Hey let's review how many melee sets have come out since freedom launched, buttlord. All I'm asking for is whip assault. MAYBE radiation assault, if they have some time, and if they're still riding this "beastly/nature" wave then sure why not animal assault.

Also they did an april fool's thing. I like the part about the bees and the dogs.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Rad assault couldn't be that hard to implement. Pretty sure all the materials/assets are there.

newSig.jpg
  • A steak!A steak! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I want the "there is always one" power. That is a thing that needs to happen.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    So what the latest stable ATI driver that works with this game?

steam_sig.png
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia Registered User
    Latest drivers work perfectly fine for me with my 5670.

I have a question: if one starts a Praetorian character, do you have to get all the Praetorian exploration badges before you leave or can you come back and visit to pick them up later?

• LepLep Registered User regular
    You can come back later.

anyone can get into praetoria through a portal that connects Pocket D to Club Yiff.

So, Club Yiff to Club Yiff, really.

Club what-now? I didn't know that Praetoria had it's own Pocket D.

Yeah, Studio (Number).
    Bobcat hangs out there, maybe even owns the place.

newSig.jpg
    So it looks like they're selling that Liger pet today for 400 points. Or you can get a regular Lion for the same price OR get both for 600. Plus two other pets are on sale: The mini-version of the Vanguard MVAS for 263 points and the German Shepard for 375.

Those pets would be so much better if they actually provided some kind of benefit. As it is, there's no reason besides theme to summon anything but the Leprechaun or veteran buff pets.

But the MVAS is so cute!

And before it was for sale I could show off with it.

newSig.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Oh hey. i23 overview is up right here.. Spoiler'd for those of you at work:
    Spoiler:

Well huh. Finally tying up some story bits. That's...really weird for this game.

Narbus on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    Oooh, neat. Looks like I need to finally get around to playing some of these newer trials...

Thrilled that the new zone is 30-35 as that's been my "Abandon Character" level range for years now.
    Also, can't fucking WAIT to see that Mecha Armor set. HENSHIN!
    BTW, that original news link is down Narbus.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    So, no new powersets then?

Sadface.

It's just the initial news about the Issue. Datamining beta-patch files have hinted that not only will we get new powersets but a new AT too. Hoping that the F2Pers like me will also get a bone or two more in the Issue. :)

edited April 2012
    I just saw on SA's CoH thread that MMORPG.com will be hosting a feed of two CoH-devs playing (or at least giving a look) through Issue 23's new trial at 6PM-EST/3PM-PST.

Owenashi on
    They just announced in the MMORPG chat stream that the Hybrid slot powers will be toggles.

The Assault tree allows for stacking damage buffs.

The Melee tree allows for a regen, defense and/or resistance buff for all enemies within a radius (much like Rise to the Challenge). I can't remember if they mentioned status protection at all in the chat, but I know it was in the overview write-up.

The Control tree allows for a choice between bonus damage to mezzed foes (ala Containment) or bonus damage to enemies as they approach death (ala Scourge).

The Support tree is "all the Leadership powers rolled into one," and there's supposedly an option to add +Special in the tree somewhere.

Apparently they also said that i23 VIP (subscriber) beta is supposed to start within the next week or so.

Any word on the official release of staves yet? I wanna make a staff stalker.

newSig.jpg
    Sometime this month according to the community rep.

edited April 2012
    I wonder if all the Hybrid powers will apply to MM pets, or if they just apply to the character itself. Reactive Interface with some Assault tree damage buffs could make for hilarity with 6 minions.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
    AAAND i23 beta is live. Patch notes for those of you at work.
    Spoiler:

edited April 2012
    These look like the initial patch notes for the I23-beta, once again borrowed from SA's thread.
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Dang, beaten to the punch. But my version looks much nicer. ;)

Owenashi on
    Advanced psychic iXP from the new trial to unlock the hybrid slot. Also new trial is pretty short.

On top of the obvious thrill of the full States/Psyche removal (although I'm incredibly confused as to why they're apparently still in the Tutorial. Why? They're literally just background fodder.) The new Night Ward stuff looks to be pretty fucking balling. I'm glad to see it's continuing the story that First Ward set up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not sure how legit this is but from the SA thread..
    Bio Organic Armor is now Symbiotic Armor. It uses a new mechanic called Absorption, and focuses on that, heals/regen, and attacks. Primalist turns into a wolf/panther. Water Blast builds Tidal Power that it uses to make Water Jet recharge instantly and hit harder. Psi melee attacks have a chance to grant insight, which adds a psionic DoT to the attacks. Nature affinity puts Boons on the target, which are used for more healing and stuff. If you want, you can link the powers in-game on beta now. Sorcery is showing up on the pool powers list, but it's greyed out.

Sweet, any time the game gives More Numbers, I'm a huge mark.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    On top of the obvious thrill of the full States/Psyche removal (although I'm incredibly confused as to why they're apparently still in the Tutorial. Why? They're literally just background fodder.) The new Night Ward stuff looks to be pretty fucking balling. I'm glad to see it's continuing the story that First Ward set up.

My guess, you play through the SSG as you level up, so at 1, they're alive, but at 40-ish... They die.

newSig.jpg
    Nocren wrote: »
    WeX Majors wrote: »

My guess, you play through the SSG as you level up, so at 1, they're alive, but at 40-ish... They die.

Maybe they're still in "your" game until you finish the SSG arcs, a la the Praetorian starting content.

That could be a thing. Could they do something similar to all the changes in Atlas that depend on mission outcomes on a larger scale like that?

newSig.jpg
    Okay, rolled a new guy on the beta server, and States is just gone from Fort Trident, with BAB in his place when you go through the teleporter to IP. The SSG kind of loses its impact if the super important dudes whose death is supposed to be impactful somehow are already dead.

This discussion has been closed.