As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SW:TOR] New Cinematic Top of OP (Yeah, you'll want to see this)

• Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Someone help me acquire press credentials and a positive reputation. I need to play this game now.

In the past, I've considered elaborate ploys regarding making an involved looking fansite or gaming news site that would purely exist to get me passes to play the game.

I haven't entirely ruled it out.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    devCharles wrote: »
    Someone help me acquire press credentials and a positive reputation. I need to play this game now.

In the past, I've considered elaborate ploys regarding making an involved looking fansite or gaming news site that would purely exist to get me passes to play the game.

I haven't entirely ruled it out.

I assume you will need contributors. I have a keyboard and an internet connection.

emp123 on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Heir wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »
    Hah, it'll never see release.

Never!

I'll bake a delicious double layer chocolate cake coated in caramelized condensed milk and eat it over the course of three days if it does. You can hold me to that.

That sounds amazing. Recipe...I need it.

Edit: Best TotP ever. Asking for a cake recipe in a Star Wars thread.

Also, I'm going to be a Jedi Knight. Han Solo doesn't have crap on Luke Skywalker.

The "I will eat my own cake" SW:TOR Release Cake recipe is as follows:

The cake:

(1)

1/2 Cup Cocoa
    1/2 Cup Boiling Water

Mix, set aside. Let it sit and cook itself. It'll be Lukewarm by the time you need it.

(2)

1 1/2 Tea Spoon White Vinegar
    1/2 Cup Milk

Mix, set aside. Yes, we are putting vinegar in milk. This is important.

(3)

2 1/2 Cup Flour
    1 1/2 Tea Spoon Baking Soda

Mix and set it aside.

(4)

1/2 Cup Margarine (Not Butter.)
    1 1/2 Cup Sugar
    2 Egg (Chicken.)
    2 Tea Spoon Vanilla

Drop this in your big bowl.

Presumably you're using an electric mixer from here out, but whatever. All good.

Add (1) to (4), churn that right up.

Add (2) and (3) little by little and mix slowly to avoid making a terrible mess.

At this point it will taste like chemistry. It is a good taste. It'll probably look brown.

Dump it in two greased pans and bake it at, uh, 205 degrees Celsius / 400ish Ameristani Heat Units for 20 minutes or until your cake poking stick doesn't come out covered in goo. Enjoy delicious bowl scrapings while you wait.

The result, if chemistry happened correctly, is a very black, fluffy, chocolaty tasting cake.

The topping:

Ideally you'd want Nestle Caramel Treat, something that tastes absolutely godawful by itself but is sinfully delicious on this cake. Prepared by scraping it out, mixing well, spreading on the cake and chilling.

If you don't have a South African or United Kingdom import store handy, you can make something similar. If you're a man. Apparently this is dangerous but so is wrestling bears and we do that for sport up here in Canada.

Take can, or multiple cans, sweetened condensed milk.

Take big goddamn pot. Put a towel you never liked in that pot. Put the cans in that pot.

Maybe scrape the glue and paper off those cans if you want to use the pot again someday for anything related to food.

Put water in that pot.

Let it boil for three hours, keeping the water level somewhere far above the top of the cans. (This can also be done with open cans, keeping the water level below the tops to avoid making condensed milk soup. It takes most of a day.)

Either remove the cans at that point using the force, tongs, or heathen blood magics. Alternatively dump the whole pot in a sink and if you're feeling brave replace the water with something less hot. ...Or move it to a burner that isn't on. Your choice. Maybe boil it a little less if you wanna do that.

Once the cans are cool, you'll have some brown dulce de leche like slop. Slap that on the cake and chill it.

Alternatively you can use a pressure cooker, I guess. I never touch the things. It'd be pretty quick with one.

Bonus Recipe for the glory of the Sith:

The Peppermint Fridge Tart.

1 Can Brown Slop or Treat
    1 Can Cool Whip or equivalent amount of stiff whipped cream.
    1 Mint Chocolate Bar
    Tennis Biscuits, cracked Shortbread cookies or ground up Arrowroot cookies.
    Glass Pan Thing
    Mint Extract

Add some drops Mint Extract to the Cream.

Fold Brown Slop into Cream.

Lay Biscuits in Glass Pan Thing.

Spread Cream Slop on top.

Grate Chocolate Bar over top of that.

Stick it in the fridge and chill for a couple hours.

Serve to delighted guests.

Also good for individual dessert bowls!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got Lou to remake the PA Europe guild here http://www.swtor.com/guilds/73263/disregard-canon

Out of interest, there are two American guilds listed in the OP but there is also an American Version of Disregard For Canon that lists itself as a PA guild and has 26 members. Was that just a temp one while you waited for the new name to be approved?

EDIT: Oh it's the PAA guys apparently.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    RabidNerdRabidNerd Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    emp123 wrote: »
    VoodooV wrote: »
    I hear that Picard is better than Kirk.

Everybody knows you always go with The Sisko.

thong tho thong thong thong

RabidNerd on
  • Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Adda wrote: »
    I got Lou to remake the PA Europe guild here http://www.swtor.com/guilds/73263/disregard-canon

I just applied to this. You know me as Hukluk from my time in Rift with you guys. Hopefully this will keep my attention for longer.

The idea of tanking with the Trooper class really appeals.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sent my app in too, still undecided on class though.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    OK. I updated the EU Guild. As I recall, there was a guy that wanted to set up a west coast one for oceanic.

devCharles on
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Never!

I'll bake a delicious double layer chocolate cake coated in caramelized condensed milk and eat it over the course of three days if it does. You can hold me to that.

Also, I'm going to be a Jedi Knight. Han Solo doesn't have crap on Luke Skywalker.

The cake:

(1)

1/2 Cup Cocoa
    1/2 Cup Boiling Water

Mix, set aside. Let it sit and cook itself. It'll be Lukewarm by the time you need it.

(2)

1/2 Cup Milk

(3)

2 1/2 Cup Flour

Mix and set it aside.

(4)

1 1/2 Cup Sugar
    2 Egg (Chicken.)
    2 Tea Spoon Vanilla

Presumably you're using an electric mixer from here out, but whatever. All good.

Add (2) and (3) little by little and mix slowly to avoid making a terrible mess.

At this point it will taste like chemistry. It is a good taste. It'll probably look brown.

Dump it in two greased pans and bake it at, uh, 205 degrees Celsius / 400ish Ameristani Heat Units for 20 minutes or until your cake poking stick doesn't come out covered in goo. Enjoy delicious bowl scrapings while you wait.

The result, if chemistry happened correctly, is a very black, fluffy, chocolaty tasting cake.

The topping:

Ideally you'd want Nestle Caramel Treat, something that tastes absolutely godawful by itself but is sinfully delicious on this cake. Prepared by scraping it out, mixing well, spreading on the cake and chilling.

If you don't have a South African or United Kingdom import store handy, you can make something similar. If you're a man. Apparently this is dangerous but so is wrestling bears and we do that for sport up here in Canada.

Take big goddamn pot. Put a towel you never liked in that pot. Put the cans in that pot.

Maybe scrape the glue and paper off those cans if you want to use the pot again someday for anything related to food.

Put water in that pot.

Let it boil for three hours, keeping the water level somewhere far above the top of the cans. (This can also be done with open cans, keeping the water level below the tops to avoid making condensed milk soup. It takes most of a day.)

Either remove the cans at that point using the force, tongs, or heathen blood magics. Alternatively dump the whole pot in a sink and if you're feeling brave replace the water with something less hot. ...Or move it to a burner that isn't on. Your choice. Maybe boil it a little less if you wanna do that.

Once the cans are cool, you'll have some brown dulce de leche like slop. Slap that on the cake and chill it.

Alternatively you can use a pressure cooker, I guess. I never touch the things. It'd be pretty quick with one.

1 Mint Chocolate Bar
    Glass Pan Thing
    Mint Extract

As someone who likes to bake, thanks for this. Never thought of treating condensed milk that way, the pre-treating it I mean. I've always just used it as is, I'll have to try your method.

Astale on
  • Options
    KarmondKarmond Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    As I recall, there was a guy that wanted to set up a west coast one for oceanic.
    Probably not worth it honestly, there's a heap of Oceanic guilds around and someone here runs 'Voidstalker Brigade'.

Karmond on
  • Options
    TrumbotTrumbot DJ On the one.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is playing on an east coast server from the west coast going to cause me to be laggy? I was always within my region when I played WoW.

Trumbot on
    10aeb40c239e9f62.png
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Trumbot wrote: »
    Is playing on an east coast server from the west coast going to cause me to be laggy? I was always within my region when I played WoW.

Depends, but my guess would be that it wouldn't add enough latency to significantly influence your gameplay.

SammyF on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Probably not. I've played on west coast servers in a lot of MMOs, and it has never been a problem for me.

devCharles on
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I played on East Coast WoW servers and even though they were listed as East Coast, Im pretty sure they were still in SoCal. I dont recall my ping but it was nothing shocking.

emp123 on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    emp123 wrote: »
    I played on East Coast WoW servers and even though they were listed as East Coast, Im pretty sure they were still in SoCal. I dont recall my ping but it was nothing shocking.

This is correct. The North American WoW servers are all in Cali. The only difference between them is the timezone of the in-game clock.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Never!

The cake:

(1)

1/2 Cup Cocoa
    1/2 Cup Boiling Water

(2)

1/2 Cup Milk

(3)

2 1/2 Cup Flour

Mix and set it aside.

(4)

1 1/2 Cup Sugar
    2 Egg (Chicken.)
    2 Tea Spoon Vanilla

The topping:

Put water in that pot.

1 Mint Chocolate Bar
    Glass Pan Thing
    Mint Extract

You are a font of deliciously heartstopping knowledge.

Guys its basil. He's trying to kill you with food. Don't listen to his evil sermons!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    one benefit of being in the midwest is that I don't care which coast server we go to.

VoodooV on
  • Options
    TrumbotTrumbot DJ On the one.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It seems that the fansite weekend that Bioware is currently hosting in Austin will have an information embargo placed on it for roughly a month. Sad news, as I thought that this Friday's week-ass update was due to more information coming out shortly after this weekend.

Trumbot on
    10aeb40c239e9f62.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Actually, I think the fan site embargo is supposed to be a couple of weeks since the press embargo is ending near the beginning of May, and the fan site embargo is supposed to end around the same time.

Like Jedi Immersion Day though, I don't really care all that much. Basically everything I'd care about boils down to what shape the game is in and maybe hints regarding future beta stuff. Pretty much anything I would really want to know would come with an end to beta NDA. I want real game footage in HD that's not in the close control and context of Bioware's marketing department. I'm pretty sure we're not getting that for a while though.

devCharles on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Actually, I think the fan site embargo is supposed to be a couple of weeks since the press embargo is ending near the beginning of May, and the fan site embargo is supposed to end around the same time.

Like Jedi Immersion Day though, I don't really care all that much. Basically everything I'd care about boils down to what shape the game is in and maybe hints regarding future beta stuff. Pretty much anything I would really want to know would come with an end to beta NDA. I want real game footage in HD that's not in the close control and context of Bioware's marketing department. I'm pretty sure we're not getting that for a while though.

I feel the same, and agree, though I see value and interest in Basil's cake recipes. They are strong in the Force.

I pretty much want to see concrete info and beta info at this point, more then holocron updates or Fan Fridays. That won't be here at least until July so... ya.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I think we'll get some stuff in June because of E3. It won't be uncontrolled or without Bioware's context though. I'm sure we'll get some decent stuff from that. It's in about a month and a half, so we have a while. Hopefully we'll get an end to the NDA at E3, but I doubt it. If they were doing 2000 testers on the servers in February, they still have a ways to go regarding emulation of real strain on the servers. They do seem to be testing most of the leveling process at least.

devCharles on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Corehealer wrote: »
    I see value and interest in Basil's cake recipes. They are strong in the Force.

Once you start down the path of caramelised condensed milk, forever shall it dominate your destiny!

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Karmond wrote: »
    As I recall, there was a guy that wanted to set up a west coast one for oceanic.
    Probably not worth it honestly, there's a heap of Oceanic guilds around and someone here runs 'Voidstalker Brigade'.

Yeah that's me that runs VB. Initially started as a bunch of guys at work who are excited for the game. We're nothing heavy or hardcore, just a casual guild looking to help each other out and have fun together. Feel free join my guild if you want while you 'shop' for others I'm down with people doing what they want to maximise their enjoyment of the game.

Chronocide on
  • Options
    KarmondKarmond Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Chronocide wrote: »

Yeah that's me that runs VB. Initially started as a bunch of guys at work who are excited for the game. We're nothing heavy or hardcore, just a casual guild looking to help each other out and have fun together. Feel free join my guild if you want while you 'shop' for others I'm down with people doing what they want to maximise their enjoyment of the game.
    Just so we're clear; I wasn't the guy devCharles was talking about. I was just making an assumption that there probably wouldn't be a whole lot of interest in an Oceanic/US West PA guild considering there's at least 3 PA guilds on US East already. :)

Karmond on
  • Options
    ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Chronocide wrote: »

Just so we're clear; I wasn't the guy devCharles was talking about. I was just making an assumption that there probably wouldn't be a whole lot of interest in an Oceanic/US West PA guild considering there's at least 3 PA guilds on US East already. :)
    Yeah I know, all good, I'm not trying to spruik or anything, just adding on to what you said.

Chronocide on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there a way to switch your class status from undecided to something else on the guild page?

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there a way to switch your class status from undecided to something else on the guild page?

Not on the Guild page, but you can update it in you account page.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    Mnemon-CorbantisMnemon-Corbantis Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    tho, no player collision makes me sad. I know it would get tough with about a billion people all around one node, but it just breaks the immersion for me when i can run through people's bodies. i'll admit that I don't know how one would fix this.

gotta wonder if they walked to the folks over at Mythic when making that decision - because player collision in Warhammer caused more problems then its solved. and for tank type classes - who were hoping to literally be able to position themselves in front of the squishies and force folks to fight through them - it was disheartening when your human shield was negated by a tiny bit of lag.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I just had a though. What if the shared tree is a pvp tree? Would it make balance easier? You can buff the survivability of each AC and the abilities shared between them regardless of the changes the AC makes to them.

For example we know the consular gets project and stasis. So the Sage and Shadow have it too. The shared tree would buff/tweak these. This doesn't mean the shared tree makes the sage and shadow th same it just alters their rotations too include these ontop of the ranged dps or stealth abiliies.

The Shadow will just be using the project and stasis abilities as CC and dmg while it's stealthing and assassinating you. The consular gets some cc and dmg even if they are focusing on healing the pvp group.

I think Bioware is trying to stay away from "this is the pvp tree" kind of stuff and instead balancing the game from the start with both pvp and pve in mind. sure there might be some skills that are better for pvp than others, but I don't think its going to shake out like WoW where you need to grab these X number of skills to be viable in PvP.

(at least I really really really hope not - but they have said they're balancing for pvp).

Anyway, that shared tree seems to be about shared skills and abilities that work for both advanced classes. For the Sith Inquisitor its a mix of melee DPS, ranged DPS, and survival related passives (i.e. more stamina, heals hitting you for more, etc.). With the DPS increases largely either DOTs or procs of various kinds.

btw another interesting thing about the skill trees is they're almost all passives. Looks like each tree has only two new skills (at 8 points and 16).

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I have a hard time figuring out how much stock to put in their claims about the amount of single player content.

On the one hand it's cool, right? KOTOR story times four, how can you go wrong?

On the other hand, that just seems highly unreasonable to me, and even if it's true I'm not sure I even want it to be. I mean, I don't really want it to take 200 hours to level an alt.

200 hours is probably a little on the short side to get to end game when you look at some other MMOs. 200 hours shakes out to a little more than 8 days in game.

To compare to WoW that's probably how long it would take to grind out a brand new character from 1 to 85 (you could probably even condense that).

and in vanilla WoW, it took most folks about 13 to 15 days in game to go from 0 to 60 for the first time.

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Terrendos wrote: »
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Luke is totally a Consular.

Except he's totally not. He doesn't go around using force powers on everything. He lightsabers it up. Constantly. He is totally a Jedi Knight.

I present three points to you:

1. Luke goes without his lightsaber for basically the entirety of the last movie. He uses it at the Sarlacc Pit to kill maybe two guys (?). The only other time he has it is when Palps is trying to tempt him into killing Vader. Compare that to prequel Obi-Wan, who's stabbing people left and right.

2. Only EU I've read is the Thrawn Trilogy, and I don't recall Luke using his lightsaber that much there.

3. Luke's lightsaber is green. Consulars get green lightsabers in KOTOR.

Obviously #3 alone is enough for a QED.

Well I don't think the whole jedi crystal color thing was worked out when Return was made. The green color was more to distinguish his new lightsaber from the old blue one (which lead up to the "I see you made a lightsaber - your training as a jedi is complete" line).

Luke didn't have his saber in Return at two points - when it was hidden in R2 as part of their plan to save Han, and because Vader confiscated it when Luke turned himself in. At any other point in the movie, when things went bad, Luke was reaching or his saber. (best example - during the speeder bike chase on Endor. IMO a consular would have been force pushing speeders into trees).

also ... shame on you for bringing the Thrawn Trilogy into this ;-)

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Z0re wrote: »

Except he's totally not. He doesn't go around using force powers on everything. He lightsabers it up. Constantly. He is totally a Jedi Knight.

1. Luke goes without his lightsaber for basically the entirety of the last movie. He uses it at the Sarlacc Pit to kill maybe two guys (?). The only other time he has it is when Palps is trying to tempt him into killing Vader. Compare that to prequel Obi-Wan, who's stabbing people left and right.

2. Only EU I've read is the Thrawn Trilogy, and I don't recall Luke using his lightsaber that much there.

Luke also is barely able to force pull his Lightsaber from three feet away, yet is extraordinarily gifted with a lightsaber. He took on Darth Vader, a great lightsaber duelist who killed tons of Jedi, with virtually no training and was able to beat him. And what Thrawn Trilogy did you read where Luke didn't use his Lightsaber for everything?

Also, Luke had a Blue saber for the majority of the time, color of the Guardian. :P

yeah but that was Anakin's saber ...

Mnemon-Corbantis on
    logo.png
    Empire - Veela Server
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Luke wasn't a consular because consular is a bullshit term made up entirely outside of the conext that the movies were created in, in other words fuck off and die EU.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Luke wasn't a consular because consular is a bullshit term made up entirely outside of the conext that the movies were created in, in other words fuck off and die EU.

So... fuck off and die SW:TOR?

That's what you're saying?

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »

Isn't it a bit hypocritical to be cursing the extended universe in a thread for a game based within the extended universe?

And the term consular isn't bullshit either. Names are necessary in order to distinguish one thing from another. A Jedi Consular acts a different way from a Jedi Guardian. Simply referring to both as "Jedi" within the confines of the game is confusing. Names must exist in order to tell them apart since they have different powers and different roles.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Well I don't think the whole jedi crystal color thing was worked out when Return was made. The green color was more to distinguish his new lightsaber from the old blue one (which lead up to the "I see you made a lightsaber - your training as a jedi is complete" line).

Luke didn't have his saber in Return at two points - when it was hidden in R2 as part of their plan to save Han, and because Vader confiscated it when Luke turned himself in. At any other point in the movie, when things went bad, Luke was reaching or his saber. (best example - during the speeder bike chase on Endor. IMO a consular would have been force pushing speeders into trees).

The real reason that they made the saber green, if I'm remembering my lore right, was because they were having issues with the Blue lightsaber showing up on screen. They made Luke's new lightsaber green in order to solve that problem. Thus, the color doesn't even matter. :P

In any case, if you go back to the RPG material that first gave us a division between Jedi Guardians and Consulars (Star Wars RPG 3.0), Luke's levels are in Guardian. If I'm remembering correctly, his levels were something like 4 Fringer, 10 Jedi Guardian, and 5 Jedi Master, leaving him at level 19 (the only level 20 NPCs were Palpatine and Yoda). Star Wars 3.5 kept his levels the same, and the Saga edition did away with the Guardian/Consular division and went back to a single class called Jedi.

Yeah, I'm a complete geek.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Lol, his early levels were "Fringer."

Did he have proficiency in moisture farming and droid repair?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Okay, I don't know how to make my comment on lightsaber color any more sarcastic than it already is. So uhh... yeah.

During the speeder bike chase on Endor, he made one lightsaber swing. Luke's still following that whole "A jedi uses the force only for defense, never for attack" thing Yoda taught him, so it makes sense to me that he wouldn't just go force chucking a bunch of people to their fiery deaths.

Counter-point: the Ewok tribe. He used the force to convince the Ewoks that C-3P0 was a deity rather than pull out the lightsaber.

And I thought the first Thrawn series was the most unobjectionable of the EU material?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    He didn't pull his lightsaber on the Ewoks because brute force and bully tactics would not have worked in that situation. He needed to trick and manipulate them, which is why he used the force on Threepio.

This has nothing at all to do with Consular vs Guardian. Luke did exactly what was needed to be done in order to resolve that situation.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Note to self: mute guild channel in game chat. :P

SammyF on
This discussion has been closed.