As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Revised All-Purpose Touhou/Doujin/Shmup Thread

2»

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Joule wrote: »
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Is Hamachi any good for online play with Touhou PoFV? Would be fun if we can get an online game going sometime.
    No idea but I'd be up for some games. I'm not that familiar with Hamachi though.

Add me on Steam and message me and some night and we will figure it out.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Golden Fantasia(Ougon Musoukyoku) X looks amazing. It's a 360 Umineko fighter.

I love the background design.
    u1.jpg
    u2.jpg
    u3.jpg
    u4.jpg
    u5.jpg
    u6.jpg
    u7.jpg
    u8.jpg
    u9.jpg
    u10.jpg

Why it's 360, I can only imagine. I need a PS3 version now.

More here:
    http://www.andriasang.com/e/galleries/2011/04/28/ougon_musoukyoku_x_screenshots/2132446548/

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Isn't it the same game with a few extra characters and balance tweaks? And the cut-ins.

But the base game looks boring as hell.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's not so great. At least, it's not a fighter anybody would play seriously. For Umineko fans it's neat, and I think it's overall a better game than (ugh) Higurashi Daybreak.

But yeah, if you have any interest in the fighter, play the Umineko VN.
    Which reminds me, does Christmas Eve 1999 have an english translation?

CygnusZ on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I am playing the Umineko VN, which is why I'm interested.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yay for my Youtube video being linked. :P

I have not really played Touhou in so long. :(

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ougon kind of has potential, but they really didn't think through some of their initial design decisions. The patches have slowly been improving it though, so maybe it'll be decently competitive some day. It's not as bad as SWR at least.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Fuck EoSD's EX stage. Lose 2 lives getting to Flandre and then I beat her losing only 1 life by blanking out like a deer staring at headlights midway through Catadioptric.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    well hey, looks like this is finally coming out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0C4v-MFgmQ

• Options
    There is a demo on their site. Pretty fun game.

http://www.rebrank.org/products/RefRain/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    They've released a trial/demo every comiket since C73

• Options
    I hope everyone's picking up the Gundemonium collection from Steam when it's released tomorrow!

• Options
    I actually own the hard disc version. They're not bad. The most polished is arguably Gundeadligne.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/gundemonium/gundemonium.htm

Some info.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I've been getting into SHMUPs lately. 1CC'd Salamander and Gradius Gaiden this summer, and I can get through R-Type Delta consistently with the Cereberus. I basically picked up an Xbox just to play Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun. Unlocked all the achievements on Ikaruga and am now taking a break from it, and just too burned out on Treasure in general to continue on to Radiant Silvergun for now.

And, about a week ago, I picked up Deathsmiles and Mushihimesama Futari on the cheap. The Cave shooters really do look and play nice. Cave shooters actually sort of fix the issues I had when I tried the Touhou games. That is, the bullets are now basically bright pink and absolutely impossible to miss and the hit area of your "ship" is made extremely obvious. Not sure about the quality of the bullet patterns themselves, since it's all still quite new to me, but Cave certainly feels a bit more complex. Am I wrong in thinking that the Cave games are basically outright improvements on Touhou?

• Options
    I'm sorry, but is there a way to give the characters a glowing hitbox in Touhou?

• Options
    Be still my beating heart. New Umineko fighter stuffs from Comiket.

XUpWr.jpg
    0wYJ0.jpg
    J5wIs.jpg
    An9IP.jpg
    (THAT IS WHAT I WANT.)
    hiux7.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Oh hey, this thread still exists. The PC demo for the latest Melty Blood went up a couple of days ago, for anyone interested. Playable Arc, WArc, Sion and VSion.
    http://meltyblood.info/?p=609

• Options
    Umineko Episode 8 translation is done, too. I'm setting up to start on Episode 5 immediately.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote:
    Umineko Episode 8 translation is done, too. I'm setting up to start on Episode 5 immediately.

Think I'm about...halfway through EP5 right now.

I'm starting to notice that with each game, the human characters seem to be getting more and more glib about they're relatives/loved ones getting horribly slaughtered. After freaking out for a few minutes they're pretty much back to normal by the next scene.

I guess it kind of makes sense since we've already seen everyone go through variations of "x is DEAAAAAAD" four times already, and maybe the Game Masters are just tired of describing that crap to Battler. Still something that seemed a little odd to me at first

FC: 1907-8030-1478