As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do I completly turn off a scroll wheel?

SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGamingRegistered User regular
edited April 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So my cat apparently threw my wireless mouse to the ground while I was at work and now the middle click, normally quite responsive, no longer clicks, and will get stuck. It also triggers randomly while clicking. Given I'm desperately trying to write a term paper, this is driving me MAD. It keeps closing tabs when I click them in firefox! D:

So how can I just disable it completely for the time being? I don't want ANYTHING coming from the scroll wheel to get to the computer. It's a Logitech G700. Any ideas?

Twitch Streaming basically all week
SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
SniperGuy on

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you're using Windows, you can configure mouse buttons in Control Panel. (Assuming you're using Win7's default: Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Mouse.) Most Logitec mice also come with software that let's you customize buttons. That would also be found in the Control Panel.

If you're using a Mac -- it's pretty much the same thing -- only Control Panel is called System Preferences, I believe.

ThePantsAssociation on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Bam, disabled mouse button 3. Thanks man! Mods can lock.

SniperGuy on
    Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live