As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[World of Tanks] Our track is broken! Get out and push!

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    As an aside, I still never did hear back about the WoW alpha. I guess they were either swamped with applications, or just stopped caring? Because it's been over a month now, I'm pretty sure ...

You can always try again. I've applied three times before they accepted me. No idea why, really.
    Uh, no, I can't ... This makes me wonder if you had that screw up several times, because if I try it again it just tells me, "You've already applied and it's pending approval." before it shows the survey or anything of the sort.

Ah I see.
    I applied way back when before they had the whole website and you had to PM James White.
    Carry on.

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • Options
    G. CactusG. Cactus Registered User regular
    Just had a tier 9 game on Malinovka where our Lowe decided he didn't want to play and doddered off across the plain, dying and accomplishing nothing. He convinced someone else to go with him, too. I just looked him up: his winning percentage is 41 over 3,300 battles.

I can't say I approve of using that skill radar mod to call out terrible players, but guys like that make me a bit more sympathetic.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    actually that sounds like it would be a very nice mod to run. . . will it tell you what their surviving percentage is? I think that would be really great info to have when deciding whether to stick with a person for strategy or to avoid like the plague. . .

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    I don't think it has survival, but it does have "efficiency," which is imperfect but a decent proxy for skill.

I don't have the mod just because I don't want to know. I could find myself getting disheartened and mentally giving up most of the time.

• Options
    I was playing with one of the guys in SIMP last night who runs it. Like Cactus says, it tells you their win percentage, as well as gives you this single number which is calculated based on your average wins, damage, destroyed, hit ratio, survival rate, capture rate, etc. Basically, some algorithm run on every stat you have as a tanker.
    Personally, I can see the appeal, but it sure did make things a bit depressing when he would call out, "Well, most of our team has a 45% win rate, an most of theirs is 52%, plus they have some really good players, so we're probably boned."

• Options
    Well ... This one should have ended differently, I'll say that ...
    mediafire.com/?7j92r7p84b7a0g7

Stupidest thing I have ever seen a Bat.Chat do, bar none.

• Options
    7.2 tomorrow! I'm shocked. Completely dumbfounded.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This is like the nega version of the French patch. All it does is introduce shitty, underpowered tanks.

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    Cripes, they need to hire a translator who actually speaks English fluently. Reading the article on the upcoming stat normalization is so painful. It's only going to confuse the average player.

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    EU always gets everything last. Except for the tank freezing of course. Then we get it first :)

I'm definitely considering making the move to the US server.

• Options
    Remember, doing it sooner will spare you lost time.

As for the update, that's a lot of minor and not-so-minor changes to *every* French tank ...
    Non-tank premiums is good to see them trying. I'm all for variety.

• Options
    The DermThe Derm Registered User regular
    G. Cactus wrote: »
    7.2 tomorrow! I'm shocked. Completely dumbfounded.

Nooooooooo!!!!!

I stil have 79k xp to go to the T34.

Overwhelmed as one would be, placed in my position
    Such a heavy burden now to be the one
    Born to bare and read to all the details of our ending
    To write it down for all the world to see
    But I forgot my pen...
  • Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Just had my highest exp game yet. In my tiger two as one of the top two tanks on the team, other was an is3 on erlangburg (one with river and town across the middle of the map). Start in the NE corner base and move S behind the ridge with a pershing. Run into an amx 13-75 and two M6s. Pershing takes an arty hit and backs off, one shot from him and two from me kills the 75, then I peak around the corner and kill the two M6s. In the buildings by the south bridge I see a KV3, ISU and a VK 3001. Half hide behind the dead m6s, and target the ISU first, trade about three shots, one of his shots gets through, all of my did for kill 4. Spot and pop the KV3. The Vk at ~45% runs out from behind a building to engage a friendly medium thats ahead of me, pop him for kill 6, now have 6 of our teams 7 kills. Move across the south bridge and someone spots a T29, KV5, and KV-1S in the buildings on their ridge. Two shots into the t29 gets it to 5%. Two shots into the KV1S and someone else picks it off. Advance on the KV5/t29, they track me a few times and get me to around 50% by now. Damage the KV5 with a couple of shots. I crest their ridge and spot their arty for someone else to kill. The IS3 has move up forcing the KV5 and T29 to not be facing me directly any more. Round a corner and see/kill the t29, KV5 tries to rush/flank the IS3 but I kill him just as he is about to move behind a building for #8. Some one spots a pershing near the north bridge. IS3 fires and tracks him, I fire, break his other track with him ~14%, loose the spot but fire again where he should be for kill 9.

~2360 exp and 67k credits boelters medal, steel wall, top gun, sniper and new master gunner.

• Options
  • Options
    Noice. It's delightful when things come together like that.

Personally I still haven't broken my 2080xp record that I scored in the T-34-85 not long after launch. :-/ I tend to play too aggressively and die early; even if it's usually effective in terms of winning it doesn't work out great for XP and credits.

• Options
    Well ... This one should have ended differently, I'll say that ...
    mediafire.com/?7j92r7p84b7a0g7

Stupidest thing I have ever seen a Bat.Chat do, bar none.
    Finally got a chance to watch this, and HOLY CRAP! I actually laughed out loud at the big twist ending.

You do yourself a disservice by emphasizing the crappiness of their team, though. Your team wasn't any better, and you won that thing by yourself against ridiculous odds. Fun replay.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    W....what was he THINKING.

• Options
    I don't know. The last 2 minutes of that match were me talking with Kas saying, "That Bat.Chat is going to come at me from the top of the hill, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. All he has to do is shoot me and sit there, and we draw ..."
    And then ... Yeah ...

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man I love this game

I was going up the German tree, enjoying things for awhile. Then I got my Panzer 3/4 and realized how much I hated life.

So now I have a KV and am getting money towards my KV-3. Life is much easier and less "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU" since I can actually do things in this shit matchmaking

oh shit the kv-3 is going up by 200k, I need to go buy it now

Keysier on
  • Options
    Anyone else bugging about what to do with the new crew skills? Me? I'm bugging.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    In my opinion the strongest options are still repair/camo, though depending on the tank/playstyle it might be best to do camo+something new or repair+something new

• Options
    I'm planning to use anything that helps with dispersion on my T34, and sixth sense for my Chaffee commander. Clutch braking for my Object 704 driver, I guess. Camo for everyone else on the latter two.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    I'm definitely going to wait, the only one I committed to was doing Brothers in Arms first and Camo second for my Artillery crew. There's so many that could be good, but not all of my crews are past the second crew skill. For heavies, repair is always a mandatory first I think just because tracks are so important to repair quickly. But there's so many others like the IS7 really is going to benefit from Off-Road driver since it's passability stat is garbage.

Mentor could be a really useful skill for commanders of a Lowe or T34, since you can toss the remainder of your other German/American heavy crews in and get big skill gains for your normal tanks all while grinding cash.

For scouts like the T-50-2 there are so many damn skills that are going to be useful (or even required for competitive Tourney play) it's not even funny. Commander: Camo, Sixth Sense, Recon; Driver: Camo, Off-Road Driver, Clutch Breaking, Controlled Impact (useful for ramming and tracking other scouts.); Gunner: Camo, Designated Target, Deadeye; Radio Operator: Camo, Situation Awareness, Call for Vengeance. And of course BIA on top of all that to eke out another 5% on your commander's view range and driver's skill.

• Options
    I'm actually opting for Brothers in Arms on most of my vehicles. It does require all your crew to be alive, but I carry a medkit for a reason. The only crew member I would ever choose not to revive is a dedicated radioman, and I think my M12 is the only vehicle I drive with any regularity that even has one of those. If I lose multiple crew, well... I'm probably boned anyway.

Repair or camo goes on next in almost all cases. Which one depends on the vehicle. After that, Snap Shot and the three good driver skills are the most interesting, and I'll take them over repair/camo in a few cases. Sixth Sense & Recon are decent, and will definitely be third/fourth commander choices for most tanks (Sixth Sense would go on scouts & TDs earlier).

• Options
    These new skills have got to be a godsend for arty, right? I don't play it, but none of the previous three seem great. Now you can BiA up yourself, and it's like having those vents you usually can't mount.

• Options
    Camo is pretty good for arty. Helps when an enemy scout gets close to you before your team pops 'em, or in a desperate situation where you have to go TD-mode from a bush when your team is losing. But both of those are kind of unusual situations, and I'm definitely taking BIA first. If Snap Shot and/or Smooth Ride apply to arty they'll be useful as well, but I'm not yet clear on whether or not they do.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    G. Cactus wrote: »
    Anyone else bugging about what to do with the new crew skills? Me? I'm bugging.

I certainly am. I stopped playing for a few weeks, loaded for the update, and have no idea which skills to pick. Repair is still useful, as is camo.

• Options
    So the new map Province seems pretty terrible so far. Think of El Halluf but on the smallest map size so it just ends up being like Campinovka at tier 1. Just sit on the ridge and shoot it out.

• Options
    I filled mine back out, but most of my tanks only have 1 crew skill, so it was an unfortunate effort of picking repair ~30 times over. >_>
    Beyond that, my mediums with some variety still picked up repairs and camo first, except my Lorraine, which has such shit camo I said, "F*ck it", taking skills that would help it shoot on the move. My T-44, with 3 skills up, is also on a similar path, although I opted to give it more flexibility in just keeping its speed up, and the loader's skill to increase ammo rack health.

I like the variety a lot, and I also like the idea of so many other people taking these skills before repairs and camo, which makes the plenty more killable in my books. It's a shame it'll take so long to get a real effect out of most of these though.

• Options
    Ok I'm now really disappointed in the T34 and I can't ever see myself grinding cash with it. The dispersion and aim times make the thing unplayable. With the Vert Stabilizer, and a 100% crew I timed a full aim from hull traverse. It was slightly over 5 full seconds. I can't even play hull down games because the dispersion is so damn high half the shots I take hit the ground in front of me. I guess a primary crew is going to be absolutely mandatory on the T34 and you better take Snap Shot and Smooth Ride at the very start, god this is frustrating.

• Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    Call for Vengeance, that neat perk where your radioman stays alive for a couple seconds after you die, right? Super useful for scouting, and makes suicide-scouting more viable in desperate situations.

Except my T-50-2 does not have a radioman so nope.

Oh well, I gave it off-road and the ability to see when detected so it should make scouting more successful and less fiery death.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    so with BIA, you have to have it picked on EVERY crew member to get a bonus right? At that it's probably a piddling boost of 5% or less, right?

edit: also, fucking seriously? the one TD I skipped is the one TD I'm supposed to use to get the new shit?

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah they all have to have it, and it has to be trained to 100% on all before it has any effect. The effect is 5% skill. If during battle you lose any crew-members, the bonus is lost unless you revive the dead crew with a medpack. I think the only thing I'd get it on is artillery.

mccart on
  • Options
    I love the T34 so far. It requires some additives - rammer, GLD, vert stab, and gasoline - but it kills IS-4s and stacks that cash.

• Options
    eh I dunno whether BIA is really worth it at that. . . maybe at the clan battle level and after you have all the other things you might need. Though yeah, arty doesn't really get much use out of many of the new skills, so if I do BIA it will probably be on my arty

• Options
    BIA is a 5% boost to just about everything you do. I think that's more than "piddling." Not to say that it's always the best choice, but I think it's at least in contention on anything without a radio man.

• Options
    scarescare Registered User regular
    I seem to earn a good bit more credits when I was playing Bastable's Lowe than when I'm playing my T34.

mister_fej.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Well, if it wasn't official before, it is now: every one of my main tanks at tier 6-7 (Tiger, T29, T20, Sherman E2) now consistently loses money. :(

Gaslight on
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sixth Sense is amazing. Taking it on almost all of my tanks. It lets you know if you're spotted by people you can't see, letting you not only know someone has seen you when you don't see them but if there aren't many spots someone could see you from.. you could even determine where they may be hiding. Did that scout get close enough to spot you in that bush before he died? should you move incase artillery may be coming? YOU NOW KNOW!

This discussion has been closed.