As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Eskimo [chat]ters

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    elendil do you see a therapist or are you able

I don't mean in this in a bad way like half the people on this board have been in therapy and my entire family has been just some people need them from time to time

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The thing that sucks about going into the hospital is there's never a good time to go into the hospital.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Daxon wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I don't know, doctor who always sounded kind of stupid to me, daxon

its time travel is so unrealistic

It's time travel is a plot device and merely the road it uses to make everything awesome.

Time works in direct relation to what the plot demands, and it's really not a show about time travel. It's a show about an immortal time-travelling alien who picks up human friends and goes on adventures with them.

Ridiculously scary, stupid, hilarious adventures.

vOv

I dunno, I just demand a certain level of realism from my tv. excuse me for having high standards.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Finally saw The Kings Speech.

Super good.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    finished my 14th ME2 run

where do I go from here

On to something else

Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Mass Effect

But 14 playthroughs of ME2 alone?

That.... that might be too much Mass Effect
    I'd like to move on to something else

but ME3 isn't out yet

maybe you should do something that's not playing a video game 14 times in a row
    I don't really have anything better to do

On a semi related note promode guitar and drums in Rock Band have occasionally made me feel guilty for playing other things. My brain sometimes gets all "Yeah sure this is fun but you could be having fun and actually working on skills you know"

And then I tell my brain to shut the fuck up and pay more attention to the killing of Geth/opening of portals/destructing of endless seas of giant robots.

what skills?

Chord lessons (and really even more than that just toughening up my fingertips) and limb independence repectively are the things I'm working on at the moment.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The thing that sucks about going into the hospital is there's never a good time to go into the hospital.

Surely Jell-o Day is the best day to go into the hospital.

Also, it's fortunate that this is happening after the end of the semester, at least.

Why are you considering it, though? I missed the explanation.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    vOv

hah

that's cute

vOv

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

You get free ice cream after they take your tonsils out. That's a plus.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't know, doctor who always sounded kind of stupid to me, daxon

its time travel is so unrealistic

It's time travel is a plot device and merely the road it uses to make everything awesome.

Time works in direct relation to what the plot demands, and it's really not a show about time travel. It's a show about an immortal time-travelling alien who picks up human friends and goes on adventures with them.

Ridiculously scary, stupid, hilarious adventures.

vOv

I dunno, I just demand a certain level of realism from my tv. excuse me for having high standards.

I really can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you're just boring.

Cause doctor who has some absolutely magnificent stories. Midnight is one of my favourite episodes, and it's about how ugly and irrational people can be.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also, I asked a girl where/when she wants to meet tomorrow for our movie, and she responded by asking me what I thought.

So I said, "We could meet in front of the theater at 5:15. We could also meet earlier at a cafe or bar, if you want. Or we can meet at the bookstore, and I can find a book of knock knock jokes and read them to you."

I don't even know what I was going for with that last line, but now I'm really embarrassed and waiting for her to respond.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011

Also, it's fortunate that this is happening after the end of the semester, at least.

I am crazy.

This is not 100%. But it's on the table.

• Options
    edited April 2011
    dr. who was a bit too corny for my tastes

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hate it when that happens, Robos

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    How come it's called Doctor Who anyway?

Why not Doctor Whom? It is a British show, after all.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Also, I asked a girl where/when she wants to meet tomorrow for our movie, and she responded by asking me what I thought.

So I said, "We could meet in front of the theater at 5:15. We could also meet earlier at a cafe or bar, if you want. Or we can meet at the bookstore, and I can find a book of knock knock jokes and read them to you."

I don't even know what I was going for with that last line, but now I'm really embarrassed and waiting for her to respond.

I think that's cute

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    p sure Nerd is being sarcastic, Daxon

Otherwise "its time travel is so unrealistic" is the most unintentionally amusing line I've read in ages

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Sell me on starting to watch Dr. Who. I have it sitting in my Netflix instant queue.

don't bother with it.

Okay. Okay. Okay.

I think you just create a vortex of such powerful WRONG that everything I've ever said is instantly 100% correct and true leaving no doubt for anyone ever.

Stop that, it's damaging.

uh huh. good luck with that.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I am crazy.

We all know you're crazy.

But why are you going to the hospital?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Or Doctor Bean.

It is a British show, after all.

Eddy: Thanks, I hope she agrees.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Oh man please don't worry about that kind of shit.

Aldo on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    mom's garage is not entirely cleaned out, but we put a serious dent in crap that had been there forever.

filial duty for the day: accomplished

desc on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011

I am crazy.

Wish I could help you out somehow. Just hang in there. From the sounds of it though you could probably use a new doctor, assuming you have one now.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I don't mean in this in a bad way like half the people on this board have been in therapy and my entire family has been just some people need them from time to time
    I obviously need it but haven't really seriously considered doing it or anything

I'm fairly convinced I'm a lost cause

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    have any of you guys used firefox 4

how is it

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

I obviously need it but haven't really seriously considered doing it or anything

no way

you're a cool guy, elendil, and you shouldn't let you hold yourself back like this

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011

how is it

It's Firefox 3, but slightly better. So, better than IE, shittier than everything else.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

He's not called Doctor Who.

He's just called The Doctor or Doctor, but people always ask "Doctor Who?" hence the name of the show.

One of his arch-nemeses is called Master.

His alien race just has a weird habit of giving themselves titles as names when they meet other races.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Nope.

desc on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    this is basically me

baby.gif

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011

He's not called Doctor Who.

He's just called The Doctor or Doctor, but people always ask "Doctor Who?" hence the name of the show.

One of his arch-nemeses is called Master.

His alien race just has a weird habit of giving themselves titles as names when they meet other races.

I feel sorry for the Gallifreyan who became The Sewage Worker.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Aldo wrote: »

Oh man please don't worry about that kind of shit.

Chat is full of crises today.

Robos she's probably imagining this nice guy reading her corny jokes in a bookstore and thinking about what a perfect meet cute story it will be once you're married and the kids are asking how you two got together. It'll be fine.

desc on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

why? you have (I assume) social anxiety which is extremely treatable. One of my favorite people in the world has severe social anxiety but through medication, therapy, and an application of effort he's able to function just fine in social situations. There are some really excellent drugs out there, and I really think you should try to talk to a doctor about one. You're routinely one of the most intelligent and witty posters in [chat] but I think anxiety prevents you from having the same interactions face to face

a psychotic person is a lost cause. you're just someone with a common aversion to therapists and the fantastic drugs that they can provide.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

this is a pretty good indication right here that you should seriously consider it. you're too young to consider yourself a lost cause.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

how is it

It's Firefox 3, but slightly better. So, better than IE, shittier than everything else.

that's cool, thanks

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I am crazy.

For the seizures or something else?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    what are the other chat-dramas?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Think of it this way Robos

while you're afraid of looking like an idiot by saying or doing the wrong thing, so is she

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

it's a little bit too nice and sunny here

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I fucking hate that one guy