As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Applejack's Wholesome Small-Town Apple Orchard

• Options
    rc_techrc_tech Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I love that celestia specifically planned to invite all of twilight's terrible friends to ruin her party

And yet still only gave her two tickets initially just to start shit

After watching the ticket master again, maybe Princess Celestia wasn't trolling Twilight and probably thought that Twilight and Spike would attend the GGG. But apparently, Spike refused the second ticket because he knew all along that the GGG was going to suck big time but Spike was later excited to go along with his friends (and Rarity of course.).

rc_tech on
    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    /co/ and Ponychan is going into shitstorm mode. It's gonna get worse when people start waking up.

halkun on
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    oh no . . .
    Doesn't bode well when someone leaves a show after an insanely successful season. She's still involved with the first half of season 2 as a consult. I just hope whoever becomes EP safeguards the show enough to preserve what made the show tick.

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Morrandir wrote: »
    Uksrd.png

...Well.
    I really hope this pony doesn't receive the same fan attention as Derpy. Creepy.

But I find it hilarious how he has one eye and two eyebrows.

Arteen on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    halkun wrote: »
    OH NOES!!!
    The Season 1 finale of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has finally aired.
    I want to extend my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the absolutely amazing, incredible, astounding crew of MLP:FiM for all their hard work and dedication. I’m so grateful to have such a talented group of artists give their all for what could have easily been seen from day one as silly, girly fluff unworthy of their time. Together I think we helped prove that “for girls” does not have to automatically equal “lame.”

And a gigantic thank you to the fans of the show!!! The kids, the parents and all you bronies!! The array of people this show has touched has completely exceeded my wildest expectations! I cannot believe the response, and, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, I cannot keep up with the messages!!! Thank you all for your words of praise, thanks, curiosity, and even your thoughtful criticisms. From the messages I’ve received, these episodes have lifted spirits, brought parents and kids together, changed perspectives and inspired the most unlikely of people in the most unlikely of places. Who would have thought it from a show about candy colored ponies? I want you all to know how grateful I am for you feedback and for sharing your thoughts and stories. I only wish I had the time to reply to everyone and the ability to answer each and every question.

And now I suppose it’s finally time for me to deliver some unfortunate news. I’ve been uncertain for a little while now about how, when and, to be honest, whether to announce the news at all. But here it is: I am no longer working on the show. Various circumstances with the production made it increasingly impossible for me to keep up the level of personal creative involvement and control that I had at the start of the series. I don’t think I can accurately express how difficult and painful the decision was and still is. When Season 2 begins, you will see my credit changed from Executive Producer to Consulting Producer. My involvement in Season 2 ultimately does not reach far beyond story conception and scripts. A little more involved in the beginning, and a little less towards the end.

However, you should be pleased to know that the gaps I have left are being filled by the same amazing artists, writers and directors who brought you Season 1. I’m certain the show will be as entertaining as ever, though perhaps in a slightly different way.

With that said, I hope you will still be interested in sticking around my DA page. I started this page as a forum to share my personal work and I hope that those of you who come here lured by ponies will be tempted to hang out for whatever else I have to share in the future---- as soon as I figure out what that will be!!

With sincerest gratitude,
    Lauren

D:D:D:

nooooooowait

well that doesn't sound THAT bad.

I mean, disappointing for sure, but it sounds like she's extremely confident in the crew, and is pretty sure the show won't really suffer from the change.

So I guess it's nothing to fuss over. As long as she's still on-board, I'm sure the difference won't be too major.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I really, really hope we don't get fans saying shit at Lauren Faust for leaving the show. :(

Blurbl on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Arteen wrote: »
    Uksrd.png

...Well.
    I really hope this pony doesn't receive the same fan attention as Derpy. Creepy.

He only does that for a couple frames. He's facing left normally, and then he suddenly glitches to have his face facing the camera while his eyes and hair forgot to shift, and then the scene cuts.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ystBP.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Awwww

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just got round to watching the finale: when Celestia appeared in the doorway, I was expecting
    "TO THE MOON WITH ALL OF YOU!"

And Fluttershy was amazing in this ep.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Blackie62 wrote: »
    I wanna imagine there's a loose Greco-Roman theme with Rainbow Dash, even her mane is a feminine version of a caesar, the gala dress just clinches it. Also with that and the Rainbow Dash mob family theory we can have the image of her father pitting those who owe him money in a gladiatorial deathmatch with him giving some hoof equivalent of a thumbs up or thumbs down.

Well, that explains the presence of giant foam fingers.

LadyM on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In other news...
    79790126.jpg

rc_tech on
    "When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    WHAT A TWEEST

but seriously, you shouldn't joke about that

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Who is that person?
    My first guess is Michael Bay, my second is Pat Lee. Third is M. Night Shamalynan.

LadyM on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Third one's the charm.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    1154320-20derpy_hooves20dinky_hooves20Ditzy_Doo.png

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The only film of his I've seen has been Last Airbender.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    LadyM wrote: »
    Who is that person?
    My first guess is Michael Bay, my second is Pat Lee. Third is M. Night Shamalynan.

He already ruined The Last Airbender. Hope he stays away from other animations I like.

rc_tech on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    Uksrd.png

...Well.

He only does that for a couple frames. He's facing left normally, and then he suddenly glitches to have his face facing the camera while his eyes and hair forgot to shift, and then the scene cuts.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught this.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    At least making a live-action adaptation of My Little Pony would be harder to get approved than live-action Avatar was.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    because "Michael Bay" and "live-action" were mentioned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24

Joolander on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    At least making a live-action adaptation of My Little Pony would be harder to get approved than live-action Avatar was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24

Wait you can see how bad 3gen was with
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZpurerF2HM
    and
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPMHDAfQqQ&feature=related

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The first video is technically G3.5. But, yeah, the ponies always looked kind of like pigs in G3.

They were aimed at such low age groups (0-6 or 7), it always filled me with rage. There were no villains and next to no conflicts!

Now, I know a lot of you guys don't like G1 (which, admittedly, had some pretty bad animation and plot holes,) but at its heart it was about ADVENTURE and DANGER. Evil goat-overlords, narcisstic pigs who turned everyone to glass, fire, flood, and crazy shape-shifting birds--all of them were trying to destroy, enslave, or conquer the ponies each week. So it was the height of insult to see a G3 cartoon where the biggest conflict was . . . CAN the ponies surprise Kimono for her birthday? OMG, CAN they??

I will admit, I have a soft spot for "A Very Minty Christmas", because the titular character was kind of crazy and collected socks.

(Warning, the audio is kind of loud on this one.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSRp6wlgbEM

The very first G1 special, I might add, had great animation. And the BEST. VILLAIN. EVAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Ll5zaPcIE

The ponies only get to frolic for about two minutes before death swoops from the sky.

LadyM on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    best_night_ever_by_loomx-d3fuspo.png

dirp_by_br0ny-d3fvesg.png
    "Mom, where did you even get this car?"

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Trollestia is the bestia

Trollestia12.jpg
    Trollestia2.jpg
    Trollestia11.jpg

Joolander on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Trollestia2.jpg
    This one is my favorite.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lauren steps back, first episode of second season features return of fetus ponies

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Evil WeevilEvil Weevil Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    11389%2B-%2Bapplejack%2Bdemotivational%2Bfluttershy%2Bpinkie_pie%2Brainbow_dash%2Brarity%2Btwilight_sparkle.png

Evil Weevil on
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Never again will I go pay money to see movies he makes from other IP's. I don't care if he makes the second or third, its just a big NO.

The ponies only get to frolic for about two minutes before death swoops from the sky.

Holy crap was that his heart in the bag? This was for little girls? o_O

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Never again will I go pay money to see movies he makes from other IP's. I don't care if he makes the second or third, its just a big NO.

All I see is raken riding trollocs.....

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

you should see one of his good movies

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

you should see his one good movie

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

you should see one of his good movies

You should see all three of them:
    Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs.
    Holy shit, he wrote Stuart Little?

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tleilaxu wrote: »
    Holy shit, he wrote Stuart Little?

WHAT THE FUCK? O_O

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The Sixth Sense was not a good movie, M Night Shyamalan has zero good movies.
    So it was the height of insult to see a G3 cartoon where the biggest conflict was . . . CAN the ponies surprise Kimono for her birthday? OMG, CAN they??
    And Kimono is obviously not the smartest pony since they actually did even though Minty is the dumbest pony ever. And their gifts were terrible. EAqtS.jpg
    (somebody shoot me)
    There's a few hilarious reviews on Amazon of the G1 DVD set complaining that it's too scary for their children who like G3.

Of course the most appalling part of My Little Pony is My Little Pony Live, followed by Newborn Cuties, but it's best not to speak of those.

Coinage on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    pissed%20off%20is%20a%20light%20term.jpg

Joolander on
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm OK with people not liking The Sixth Sense after it's been out so long. It is a single-serving movie, after all. But, I really liked it.

Now, for my revenge!
    Coinage wrote: »
    Of course the most appalling part of My Little Pony is My Little Pony Live, followed by Newborn Cuties, but it's best not to speak of those.
    Watch (only) the first three seconds, and become stricken by terror!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wouG4GpL1-I

Edit: A [strike]film[/strike] poster that would even make Harrison Ford pissed!
    So many invisible fingers on those hooves.

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    Oh god that is a waking nightmare.

And no that was not an intentional shitty horse pun. I am fucking terrified by my "little" real life pony.

The eyes.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    so, this probably got posted a while back, likely in the first or second thread, but I don't care. it just got linked to me, and it's great. The Rainbow Dash bits made me burst out laughing when they first came up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQ_d78feMA

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

It was fairly terrifying when the captured ponies were turned into horrible dragons, too.

But I think one of my favorite aspects is how the ponies react to the Rainbow of Light when it starts trashing shit. Watch after 20:40 . . . they're lying low with their mouths hanging open, trying not to get hit by flying rubble as they think, "What have we unleashed??" I really love that the Rainbow was animated that way instead of being something gentle. Instead it's a nigh uncontrollable force of nature.

I haven't watched the live action MLP play. Frankly, I'm afraid too.

I've never managed to get through an entire Newborn Cuties episode, but I've seen parts. *shudder*

LadyM on
This discussion has been closed.