As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The New Comic Thread for Friday, May 6th, 2011

124»

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    iMPck.jpg

he was delicious

oh what, you don't know one of the best SNL skits of all time?

get off my lawn

Oh God yes, I loved that skit. :D

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Xehalus wrote: »
    My great great great grandmother was a dragon.

Can I get into dragon college?

No, but there is a scholarship for it I'm sure.

Henroid on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    wait

did I see "tropes" on this page

barf barf barf

and why are we talking about dragons

this comic is clearly about wolves

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Sometimes a dragon is also a wolf, Dubh.

smaug_the_hobbit_1977.jpg

ChicoBlue on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dubh wrote: »
    wait

barf barf barf

your post uses a lot of Barf Repeat and Words In Quotes, similar to the manga Simsanesan Kuryo where the main character expresses his dislike in the same fashion

Brolo on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Rolo wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    wait

barf barf barf

your post uses a lot of Barf Repeat and Words In Quotes, similar to the manga Simsanesan Kuryo where the main character expresses his dislike in the same fashion
    Here is the wiki synopsis for a manga I just found out about: "The series is about Jesus Christ and Gautama Buddha living together in a Tokyo apartment while taking a vacation on Earth."

I desire it.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jesus is portrayed as a care-free, generous, and humorous “sei-jin" (Saint or adult in Japanese). Unlike Buddha who is very strict about the relationship between him and his disciples, Jesus is very friendly to his apostles. But because Jesus is even nice to Judas, this makes Buddha worry. Buddha is portrayed as a calm, rational, and kind “sei-jin.” However, he tends to make everything penance (Kugyo-switch.) When Buddha sees things too serious, he is often "saved" by Jesus’ care-free simplicity. But when the same carefreeness appears as Jesus being an impulse buyer, it often irritates Buddha. Each chapter shows how they go about or react to an average day, though they also go sightseeing or to amusement parks.

When either of the two does or says something especially virtuous, a halo glows above their head. People don't realize that they're Jesus and Buddha (some high school girls even say that Jesus looks like Johnny Depp), so they try to avoid making their identities too obvious.

SabreMau on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Jesus is portrayed as a care-free, generous, and humorous “sei-jin" (Saint or adult in Japanese). Unlike Buddha who is very strict about the relationship between him and his disciples, Jesus is very friendly to his apostles. But because Jesus is even nice to Judas, this makes Buddha worry. Buddha is portrayed as a calm, rational, and kind “sei-jin.” However, he tends to make everything penance (Kugyo-switch.) When Buddha sees things too serious, he is often "saved" by Jesus’ care-free simplicity. But when the same carefreeness appears as Jesus being an impulse buyer, it often irritates Buddha. Each chapter shows how they go about or react to an average day, though they also go sightseeing or to amusement parks.

When either of the two does or says something especially virtuous, a halo glows above their head. People don't realize that they're Jesus and Buddha (some high school girls even say that Jesus looks like Johnny Depp), so they try to avoid making their identities too obvious.

japan

PiptheFair on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2011
    It's actually a pretty good series.

A duck! on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A duck! wrote: »

1288846564320.gif

PiptheFair on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    aaaaaaah

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A duck! wrote: »
    Yeah actually I do wanna read it unironically. The same author did a manga called Arakawa which is weird in an awesome way. But man, only in Japan...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    pip, what is that from

Nerdgasmic on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Saint's Row 2, I believe.

Brolo on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2011
    thanks, rolo

Nerdgasmic on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    were gabes eyes always blue in the comics?

Dhalphir on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes.

Well in the last three years or so.

Blake T on
This discussion has been closed.