As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You Got Your Parkour, in my FPS! [Brink]

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    nah
    tattoos and scars are another item in the customization menu, but are permanent when applied and apply to both security and resistance versions of that character

Oh. Well, I made what I thought was a new resistance character... but the tattoo I gave him transfered over to the security character. Not a huge problem was just... confused.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    T4CT wrote: »
    dichotomy are you gonna game

it's 2 AM

couldn't you have inquired about game earlier

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the lack of built in team voice chat is killer

Weaver on
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I could swear I heard someone say something.

Darric on
    edited May 2011
    is that good killer or bad killer

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So far I am not regretting my purchase. Really want a better Turret.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited May 2011
    I love the game, but in multi, even when I go in the options and set up a key for global voice and my mic works and it just doesn't broadcast or people just can't here me

It's crap. The objective wheel is great for getting people to switch classes

until the wheel says you need a soldier and because voice doesn't work everyone changes to soldier leaving you maybe one stubborn engi (me) and no medics

Weaver on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thus far I have made two dudes.

One is more or less an attempt to look like someone from Akira.

The other is pretty much Axe Cop/Mike Haggar.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    I love the game, but in multi, even when I go in the options and set up a key for global voice and my mic works and it just doesn't broadcast or people just can't here me

It's crap. The objective wheel is great for getting people to switch classes

until the wheel says you need a soldier and because voice doesn't work everyone changes to soldier leaving you maybe one stubborn engi (me) and no medics

I think I heard you talking once, but it was pretty quiet and I haven't even bothered messing with the VOIP functions in favor of vent

Maddoc on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

gotta run into battle screaming "I'LL CUT YOUR HEADS OFF!"

#pipe on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This game looks fun

but

is it fun enough to buy on an extremely limited income?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited May 2011
    no subscription fee, so, yeah?

Weaver on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think aside from Valve's stuff, I don't think I've ever seen a game that's implemented voice well enough that people ever bother with it instead of vent.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    edited May 2011
    unless you're the patient type, I'd probably say no

I mean I care a great deal for this video game
    but maaaaan you've gotta be patient with it sometimes

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I can wait

Mori rented it for the 360, which might be okay to try it on even though I'm strictly a PC guy (not out of misguided loyalty, or anything, it's just what I prefer)

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2011
    from what I've picked up the 360 version is the one with more issues so if you can tolerate it there you're set

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited May 2011
    Hey

I gotta support my video game parkour

until games have it more than bullet time and make me sick of it

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2011
    have I mentioned recently how much I love the parkour thing

there's this one spot in container city where you can cross a gap and enter a light bodytype-only sniper nest by walljump bouncing three or four times between adjacent walls

I mean you could just get a running start and leap and pull yourself up, or do one longer walljump, but my way is so much cooler

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited May 2011
    as soon as I saw the videos for all the classes

I knew I wanted to play primarily as a light medic

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2011
    well, I've got good news and bad news

the good news is, you will earn the respect and appreciation of your fellow players

the bad news is

you can't save everyone

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You have plenty of pips if you have all the supply upgrades, even as a light

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    any FPS that I can't slide around corners while firing a gun is lacking

Weaver on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    is the only way to slide to press crouch while sprinting? because everyone seems to be doing it and I cant get the hang of it

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited May 2011
    Can't say I've had a problem with it, but one of the first things I did was switch crouch from toggle to hold.

Darric on
    edited May 2011
    is the only way to slide to press crouch while sprinting? because everyone seems to be doing it and I cant get the hang of it

It's a bit easier when you realize that it's set to toggle sprint rather than hold, so as long as you keep moving, you only need to tap crouch to go into a slide

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011

My smart key is left shift

my crouch key is left control; it's a twitch of the pinky finger to do either

Weaver on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So I play games with a group of like 6 dudes from my old WoW guild.

Today I said "hey, let's play brink, guys" to the two of them online

one said "i'm downloading LA Noire, I'm done with brink"

me: "What, why? We've played it for like 2 days"

him: "yeah, we played for 2 days, beat it, and now we're moving on"

I don't understand this attitude. Why the fuck would you pay $38 to $50 for something and stop playing it after a few days? It's not even that he dislikes it, we've been enjoying the hell out of it. Ugh.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
    edited May 2011
    how do you "beat" a multiplayer game

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You get to max level and unlock all the weapons.

Duh.

DrDinosaur on
    edited May 2011
    He hasn't even gotten to max level! He's like 17.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    its not as addicting as it should be. wonder what the DLC will be about

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited May 2011
    How do you download LA noire? I thought that consoles didn't have DD on new games

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2011
    well they said "new maps and new content" so I'm imagining two or three new maps and the "new content" will include all the preorder bonuses

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited May 2011
    hacked xbox or some shit, i dunno

moocow on
    imttnk.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    WHO WANTS TO SHOOT SOME MANS

ON XBOX

RIGHT NOW

WITH ME

(Pipe the Banana)

#pipe on
    edited May 2011
    pipe I would have shot all the men with you but I did a test game to see if my xbox was still freezing up
    and it gave me a disk unreadable error while ending the match even though the game was installed to the hard drive and it had done the disk check already

so I probably won't be brinking much in the foreseeable future, unless someone feels like giving me $300

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    dichotomy have you tried any other game with your 360

because last time I asked you had not

it could very well be your brink disc

Speed Racer on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thus far I have made two dudes.

One is more or less an attempt to look like someone from Akira.

i've made three characters, and my nephew has made two

My first guy's Resistance... persona? appearance? is vaguely what I think Otomo's art is like, having looked through Akira at the mall 8 years ago. I saw the movie... 16 years ago when my parents thought I was asleep. He's a punk guy with vaguely Black/Asian features, an orange mohawk or fauxhawk, a gas mask or hockey mask, and a pair of combat capris and sandal socks. Totally sweet tribal on his one arm. "wind screen" scars on his face. I pretend he was defenestrated.

His Sec... appearance? twin on the other side? He has a shaved head, athlete black lines under his eyes, the good cop glasses...

And I just made a guy with that mouth tattoo and the matching arm tattoos

I'm really digging the art style of this game something fierce. I beat the Resistance side of the missions, but not the what-ifs, and hit a wall with the Sec side on the very first mission. Man, that is a wicked choke point almost as soon as you start, nearly as bad as I imagine CCity to be from the Sec side.

The bots aren't up to snuff for that.

But holy shit PSN IS MAYBE COMING BACK RIGHT NOW, AS I TYPE

DouglasDanger on
    edited May 2011
    I don't know what it is, but I don't see myself coming back to this as often as I did ET or QW. It's fun and all, but the maps just feel too simplistic.

Darric on
    edited May 2011
    SHIT YES PSN IS COMING BACK

You can check this link to see if your state is back up and running yet.

I just hope they roll it out internationally before too long.

#pipe on