As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a bit of a wierd one

republic of merepublic of me Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I want to know how to stop having sex dreams about a male friend who i dont even find attractive during the day, every time i have a problem with my current relationship. I know the friend and my bf are constantly jealous of eachother but i dont think that that is the cause of it

This is just one freaky dream i also tend to have dreams (well nightmares) about injury or death happening to my brother (the guy above is his best friend)

how do i stop these horrible horrible dreams?

republic of me on

• Skoal CatSkoal Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Weird dreams are just that, weird. They're nothing worth worrying over. But if they are becoming a real nuisance and causing you legitimate problems, you should consider seeing a psychiatrist.

Skoal Cat on
  • SneakertSneakert Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    First of all, dreams are just dreams.

Pretty much the only thing one can do to stop this is not giving a silly goose about the dreams content. If you're obsessed with it it's likely to return.

Sneakert on
  • republic of merepublic of me Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    well they make me feel weird and carry repercussions during the day like freaking out with the slightest even accidental physical contact with the guy im supposed to be friends with, i cant even stand to look at him when i talk to him over it. And i get paranoid over my brother getting hurt and one of my Swiss Shepherds was involved in one death dream so i dont let my brother near him

The freakiest death dream was my dog was out side and i was meant to put him in his kennel but i had to mash potatoes first, then a deer came and the dog and the deer started to fight, my brother ran out and tried to separate them but something weird happened, there was a light and my brother started to bleed the blood of the deer in the same wound sites. my brother and the deer dropped dead and the dog dissapeared, i was covered in blood and was some how transported to the dunnes department store in henry street in limerick, still soaked in blood. i walked trough the shop and picked up a bottle of vodka that was for some reason being sponsored by the baywatch guy. i walked out and forgot to pay so i turned back and the shop had transformed into supervalue in charleville, i was now in charleville. i walked on over the road past the park crying and downing vodka, when my phone rang. it was my brother ringing from the sky i could see him flying in the sky to warn me to go to my sister there was some one out to get her, some Russian sounding name (not suppriseing shes one of only 3 irish girls in her class the rest are eastern block immigrants) and he said his goodbyes.

republic of me on
    edited May 2011
    From what I recall of your past threads, you've got some shit going on. Your dreams are probably just your subconscious dealing with a fuck ton of everything. Just keep reminding yourself that dreams aren't real.

Skoal Cat on
  • LibrarianLibrarian The face of liberal fascism Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    well they make me feel weird and carry repercussions during the day like freaking out with the slightest even accidental physical contact with the guy im supposed to be friends with, i cant even stand to look at him when i talk to him over it.

Wait, do you mean you actually talk about these dreams with the guy? And you wonder why things are awkward?

Librarian on
    edited May 2011
    The sex dreams are out of carictor completely they are usuialy rough, aggressive, sometimes violent, with me as the dominant partner, like a reverse rape and its almost completely about dominance. I have no waking proactive desire to dominate him, but he is very much the submissive party in the friendship

republic of me on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Your dreams are subconscious, you can't control them. The fact that he's submissive and passive in your friendship is probably related to your dreams. Obviously I'm not a doctor or psychologist or anything but the dream is probably hardly, "Boy I want to screw your brains out." and more "My brain is recalling random shit while I'm sleeping and I am in a friendship with this guy and am totally more aggressive than he is." The sex is probably just your common way your assert dominance over things in your life.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited May 2011
    Librarian wrote: »
    well they make me feel weird and carry repercussions during the day like freaking out with the slightest even accidental physical contact with the guy im supposed to be friends with, i cant even stand to look at him when i talk to him over it.

Wait, do you mean you actually talk about these dreams with the guy? And you wonder why things are awkward?

oh good Christ no! Irish speech pattern its just confusing. it means when i talk to him in normal every day interaction i cant bring myself to look at him because of it, meaning whats going on in my own mind

republic of me on
    edited May 2011
    The sex dreams are out of carictor completely they are usuialy rough, aggressive, sometimes violent, with me as the dominant partner, like a reverse rape and its almost completely about dominance. I have no waking proactive desire to dominate him, but he is very much the submissive party in the friendship

Maybe this is some sort of hidden desire? Or do you have some male directed agression? I remember your past relationships were a bit problematic.

Librarian on
    edited May 2011
    Librarian wrote: »

oh good Christ no! Irish speech pattern its just confusing. it means when i talk to him in normal every day interaction i cant bring myself to look at him because of it, meaning whats going on in my own mind

Force yourself to look at him anyway. You know this is silly, you just have to get over it.

Skoal Cat on
    edited May 2011
    Also I second that it might not mean anything, people have weird dreams all of the time.

Librarian on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I dreamed I was superman punching zombies in the face, and then I fell into a pit of lava.

Does it mean I'm really superman and there's an incoming zombie apocalypse? No.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    edited May 2011
    look i know they arent real, the likelihood of a magic deer vs canine fight in which my brother gets killed that teleports me around 2 counties covered in blood with a magic mobile phone that can receive calls from your psychic ghost brother in the sky to tell you that your sister is in trouble with Russians doesn't sound like normal every day events does it???

and a 5ft 1 woman of medium build sexually attacking a 6ft 3 man of strong build doesn't sound likely either no matter who the 2 parties are, let alone friends.

republic of me on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    1. Make sense
    2. Get therapy
    3. Grow up

Those three things are my advice to you, but they are also me telling you to please PICK TWO and then do them before you make another H/A thread.

Thank you.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.