As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All those wonderful things we stuff in our cock-holes

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    OH GREAT ANOTHER MEGATHREAD

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    credit to redhead for inspiring me, I been eating this sandwich for about a month now

doc says I got the arteries of a man twice my age

anyway

you fry up some bacon (I use 3 strips), put that aside

fry a french roll in the bacon grease (faces down)

fry some turkey breast in the pan

put the bacon on the roll, turkey on top of that, slices of tomato+avocado to finish it off

I'm pretty sure it is the Best Sandwich

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    For a while I would make breakfast sandwiches for Rachel and myself. Consisting of a fried egg, two strips of bacon, and some ham, all in a hamburger bun. So delicious, but probably ludicrously unhealthy.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oghulk wrote: »
    It will be the only thing I'll eat since everyone else is making fucking cookies.

God damn it people.

what the heck is wrong with cookies

#pipe on
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Foolproof wrote: »
    I just finished getting the garden ready tonight. My gf makes great pepper, tomato, and marinated beef dish so we will be planting peppers and tomatoes. We got potted basil started so cucumbers will probably get planted too.

Any other recipes that we can crop ingredients to use?

How do you feel about zucchini? It's a never ending stream of zucchini once the plants start producing.

Radishes are a good early summer crop. Though you can keep planting them through the summer.

Chard and kale are good green plants.

What's your pest control plan? And rabbit/squirrel/raccoon containment field?

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    stuffed zucchini flowers are heavenly

#pipe on
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    It will be the only thing I'll eat since everyone else is making fucking cookies.

God damn it people.

what the heck is wrong with cookies

I'm on a diet

And when 20 people in a class of 26 are each making 26 cookies at least

that's kinda a fucking cookie overload

Oghulk on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I tried to approximate al pastor in an oven, without having access to a vertical rotisserie. It wasn't like the real thing, but it made some pretty damn good tacos.
    5576295034_b6263e468f_z.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1301598088390
    5576287204_746161a7c4_z.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1301597942243

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    FoolproofFoolproof thats what my hearts become in that place you dare not look staring back at youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Foolproof wrote: »
    I just finished getting the garden ready tonight. My gf makes great pepper, tomato, and marinated beef dish so we will be planting peppers and tomatoes. We got potted basil started so cucumbers will probably get planted too.

Any other recipes that we can crop ingredients to use?

How do you feel about zucchini? It's a never ending stream of zucchini once the plants start producing.

Radishes are a good early summer crop. Though you can keep planting them through the summer.

Chard and kale are good green plants.

What's your pest control plan? And rabbit/squirrel/raccoon containment field?

zucchini grow out of the neighbors (my gf's mom) compost pile without any help.

We only have problems with the giant banana slugs, we usually use eggshells to keep them away and the shells helps balance the soil PH since Indiana has lots of limestone.

We needed to put up a metal fence last year because the bunnies got to our lettuce. I never seen any rabbits over there because there are tons of stray cats around but the lettuce patch seems to argue otherwise. The squirrels stay off the ground as far as I can tell because of the cats. We do get some moles but I think they are just eating the fungus off an old tree stump and roots (black finger thickness tentacles with white insides.)

Salad greens sound like a good idea, i'll look into them.

Foolproof on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is that a fucking schnitzel kebab

Butler on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    I've been wanting to make this Roasted Tomato pasta sauce for a few weeks but I can never find good canned tomatoes.

snip

There's an Italian Deli I know of that probably has some. I should go there. Get a meatball sandwich while I'm there.

if you have access to fresh tomatoes or at least non-canned ones at the grocery store, you would be well advised to avoid canned tomatoes unless you're sure they're packed BPA-free

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    also Stale I'll try making the chicken for you if that's what you're asking for by "test cooks"

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm having to teach my mama how to cook. She has high blood pressure and was recently told to limit her salt. This means little to no prepackaged meals, which is basically what got ate at home and why I didn't know jack about cooking.

Telling her things I've learned from this place, such as chicken thighs being way more yummy than chicken breasts.

skettios on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Man, I eat breaded chicken like 5 times a week. I vary it up, like chicken parm or buffalo tenders, but the base is always the same.

Probably should change things up a bit more, but I like the simplicity.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I bought this today

eat-like-man.jpg
    http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Like-Man-Only-Cookbook/dp/0811877418

It's pretty cool. It's got a lot of a good testimonials and things from chefs I've actually heard of. I'm going to make banana bread French toast for breakfast tomorrow, I think.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am so glad I wasn't the only one who assumed this was about sounding.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Daric wrote: »
    I bought this today

eat-like-man.jpg
    http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Like-Man-Only-Cookbook/dp/0811877418

It's pretty cool. It's got a lot of a good testimonials and things from chefs I've actually heard of. I'm going to make banana bread French toast for breakfast tomorrow, I think.

"75 recipes"...of steak? That's all the cookbook a real mad would need!

Though tonight I am cooking chicken, haven't yet decided if I want to try and turn it into a stir fry or not.

godmode on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am cookin' all the time. Mostly grilling. I keep a running photostream on my facebook/tumblr.

Spoiler-ed for lots of pics.
    tumblr_ll1eg8yxLY1qhto5k
    St. Louis Style Pork Ribs in my own rub/sauce (Mustard based)

tumblr_ll1ek9LKmg1qhto5k
    French Onion soup made with Texas sweet onions and a Jameson Whiskey aged cheddar.

tumblr_ll1elwYJZa1qhto5k
    Braised Beef spare ribs with Sugar Snap peas.

tumblr_ll1enb7H9e1qhto5k
    Citrus Roasted hens.

tumblr_ll1ep3btHy1qhto5k
    Grilled Greek Lamb rack and Lemon Chicken (Some people didn't like lamb... grilled indoors due to rain)

tumblr_ll1eqvCTcD1qhto5k
    Knob Creek bourbon pulled pork with my wife's Roasted Beet coleslaw and Yam fries.

tumblr_ll1es9a1GO1qhto5k
    Slow Roasted Italian beef sandwich with peppers on an onion roll with dip.

tumblr_ll1ev8SrCF1qhto5k
    Beer can whole young chicken using Maui Brewery Coconut Porter and a Ranch rub (total experiment, tasted like a ranch flavored chicken wing!) Also you ca see some of the grilled Asparagus.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    That post alone is making my mouth water.

godmode on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    AND MY AXE!

Wait, what were we talking about? Catfish and hush puppies on the menu tonight. I'll hit the butcher this week for ribs because i'm weak.

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    And dan, I wish to remind you again that the jalapeno jelly you gave me turned into a wonderful wing glaze with bourbon and honey. Do that again.

cadmunky on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    pineapple kitkat is something that i need to have in my mouth right now

Beasteh on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    oh

em

gee

cut the tofu.....

turn the plate....

cut the tofu....

turn the plate....

cadmunky on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    dan, is this the guy you aspire to be? 'cause he's the winningest s.o.b. in bbq.

cadmunky on
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I found a place to move for next year, and it will be so nice to be cooking again

coming back from cooking school to...live in a dorm and eat Chartwell's food has been frustrating

anyway I want to learn to make a real good Thai green curry

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Myron is a good old boy, and a real asshole to everyone.

so yes.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't cook because I'm too lazy to. So I eat out a lot or order in.

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So I was nervous about trying to make a stir fry, because I've never done it before. But I bought these peppers and onions so I wanted to use them. Decided to throw them in a pan with some olive oil and crushed red pepper, and toss them onto some chicken breast, and it's fucking delicious. I'm really proud of myself right now.

godmode on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    made some fried mozzarella fingers today

aughglglhlglhl so good

Beasteh on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Stale wrote: »
    I had a culinary epiphany tonight.

I need some test cooks for a new BBQ rib, pull, and chicken recipe.

I would like to test your recipe if it is gluten and dairy free.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Amazon delivered these pots (ordered the 2.4q, got a 2L, but whatever) today. looking forward to cooking with them.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    satansfingers on
  • Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    GRMike wrote: »
    I am cookin' all the time. Mostly grilling. I keep a running photostream on my facebook/tumblr.

Spoiler-ed for lots of pics.
    tumblr_ll1eg8yxLY1qhto5k
    St. Louis Style Pork Ribs in my own rub/sauce (Mustard based)

tumblr_ll1ep3btHy1qhto5k
    Grilled Greek Lamb rack and Lemon Chicken (Some people didn't like lamb... grilled indoors due to rain)

Long time lurker, occassional poster. I don't suppose those pork ribs and lamb rack are gluten free? If so, I would love the recipe, they look fantastic.

Blendtec on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lemongrass chicken on Sunday, a fucking amazing beef inasal-style with garlic-chile-vinegar dipping sauce yesterday, udon with shiitake and chicken tonight, and chicken biryani tomorrow night

What I'm saying here is that Dru is a pretty bitchin' cook

And you know we'll test things Dan, PM recipes away

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't cook because I'm too lazy to. So I eat out a lot or order in.

well

stop it

cooking is fun and easy and has the ability to save you hundreds of dollars a week

#pipe on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    and is way more healthy as a general rule

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't know why I've been so lazy with cooking this year. Last night I made a bunch of rice and just threw a bunch of bacon and onions and tons of other vegetables into it and it has given me like 3 meals and also really delicious

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the kind of cooking that an awful lot of American adults do (which is basically "heat, oil, vegetables and meat in together, prepare starch separately, combine") requires so little effort and talent that you have to be unbelievably slothful to be incapable of bringing yourself to do that

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the kind of cooking that an awful lot of American adults do (which is basically "heat, oil, vegetables and meat in together, prepare starch separately, combine") requires so little effort and talent that you have to be unbelievably slothful to be incapable of bringing yourself to do that

gonna quote this

like crazy

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.