As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]tose Intolerance

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    VishNub wrote:
    I can talk about why Ultimate is better than your sports!
    Wait - is tossing a frisbee considered a sport now? Shit man, I need to start a jacks league or something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    celery77 wrote:
    So anyway, I prefer a more balanced mix of strategy and open play, with Aussie Rules and rugby being too open, and football being too strategic, to make truly compelling games. Basketball, soccer, and hockey are far and away my favorite games (hockey used to be my favorite games, but it has been somewhat perverted by recent trends and rule changes).

Well, I love soccer, and I think I'd probably like hockey. I've never been a fan of the mechanics of basketball, but I will admit that it has some of the best "holy shit" moments of any game, ever.

Low Key on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    Dyna, don't you think the NFL would be better if more of the players could fly?
    Needs more cybernetic implants.

And razor spikes on shoulder pads.
    Needs more Damon Wayans shootin dudes on the field.

Senjutsu on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Low Key wrote:

Uh...are you talking about the opening scene? Do you think all black people look alike???

Dynagrip on
  • ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Saburbia wrote:
    thorgot wrote:
    Zsetrek wrote:
    My first topic at D&D! Yay!
    beautifully written and ignored by everybody.

Just add something about a crazy fundie or something and than it will be popular.

Can't blame a guy for getting tired of dumb threads.

:(

Zsetrek on
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Low Key wrote:

Uh...are you talking about the opening scene? Do you think all black people look alike???
    It's been like 15 years since I saw that movie. Was it someone else?

Senjutsu on
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Low Key wrote:

Some of them are taller than others.

Low Key on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Senjutsu wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    Low Key wrote:

It's been like 15 years since I saw that movie. Was it someone else?
    Billy Blanks I believe. I could be wrong...to IMDB!

Dynagrip on
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My voice is so lovely when I'm reciting Shakespeare.

Why or why could I not have grown up around drama fops so as to have that voice as my default rather than my mumbling throat-growl.

Incenjucar on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    American football, I think, is too screwed up the other way. There's not enough frenzy or initiative or inspiration. The desperation for clockwork routine takes out half the fun.
    It's beautiful.

It's pretty, but it needs more diversity in its psychos. All you have is the 'huge meaty guy who will break with just his neck'. There's only one trick that guy can pull off, over and over again. You need some smaller crazies. Like this guy.
    To be honest, I see better catches than that every week during the football season.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I should probably watch it again. Then again, maybe not.

On the third hand, it may be the best movie Wayans did, although that isn't saying a whole lot.

Senjutsu on
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    To be honest, I see better catches than that every week during the football season.

Man, I don't think your football players can even get two feet off the ground without mechanical assistance.

Low Key on
  • Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

Man, I don't think your football players can even get two feet off the ground without mechanical assistance.

Not everyone is a lineman.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

Not everyone is a lineman.

Yeah, actually that was crap. They are not all huge elephant men, lumbering blindly until they hit something. Just most of them.

Low Key on
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

I'd take the specimen that is CJ over that guy any day of the week. That includes weekends!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

I'd take the specimen that is CJ over that guy any day of the week. That includes weekends!

I wish I could find video of the game where Brandon Lloyd made two absolutely ridiculous catches (one of which was called back)

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

Schammer's catch wasn't a great one, it's just one of the few I could find on youtube. But Johnson is a wide receiver; all he does is train non- stop to pull off that one move, and he still doesn't have to get as high or climb past as many guys to do it.

Low Key on
    edited February 2007
    gundam470 wrote:
    I wish I could find video of the game where Brandon Lloyd made two absolutely ridiculous catches (one of which was called back)
    I was trying to find a video of the 2005 game where Santana Moss rips the Cowboys' secondary twice, late in the game, and single-handedly wins it. They were spectacular catches.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ZsetrekZsetrek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

AFL has a rough-and-tumble loutishness that is somewhat appealing.

NFL is like a finely-honed commercial product, and AFL still feels like kids bashing each other in the playground.

I mean, they're both crap compared to cricket, but whatever.

Zsetrek on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:

Schammer's catch wasn't a great one, it's just one of the few I could find on youtube. But Johnson is a wide receiver; all he does is train non- stop to pull off that one move, and he still doesn't have to get as high or climb past as many guys to do it.
    Wait, so because they only "pull off that one move" (watch the video, he has lots of moves), he's somehow less entertaining than a less impressive play by somebody who can't specialize?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I'm not a big fan of Apple's Apple & PC commercials, but damn this new one is funny. I'm talking about the one with PC's "allow" dude.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    I'm not a big fan of Apple's Apple & PC commercials, but damn this new one is funny. I'm talking about the one with PC's "allow" dude.
    Yeah, the firewall bodyguard guy was pretty funny.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote:

That's what I felt like before I got rid of Norton's stupid ass security center.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I am going to a Rice baseball game this Saturday.

So, Church and confession were kind of strange. Like they made me feel a lot better. I was only asked to say one Our Father, and the priest was nice enough to lead me through it.

The mass/service was very brief. Just 30 minutes. The first reading was Genesis, about Adam naming the animals and the creation of Eve. The second reading was about Jesus in Tyre, and a pagan woman asking for his help to cure daughter.

I uh, also bought a Bible today.

Oh man, soon I shall have to fear Loren Michael's wrath.

Dynagrip on
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote:
    Wait, so because they only "pull off that one move" (watch the video, he has lots of moves), he's somehow less entertaining than a less impressive play by somebody who can't specialize?

He's less entertaining than AFL players who do it better, and he's less impressive than players who's marking abilities are only a small part of their overall talent.

But dammit if I am going to win a youtube fight against American football.

Low Key on
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:

So, Church and confession were kind of strange. Like they made me feel a lot better. I was only asked to say one Our Father, and the priest was nice enough to lead me through it.

The mass/service was very brief. Just 30 minutes. The first reading was Genesis, about Adam naming the animals and the creation of Eve. The second reading was about Jesus in Tyre, and a pagan woman asking for his help to cure daughter.

Just don't go emo on us.

That's the last step.

Incenjucar on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:

Why buy a Bible when you can get one free from Gideon. Just steal it from the next hotel you stay in. Or from the church. I'm sure God'll forgive you for doing it.

moniker on
    edited February 2007
    moniker wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

Why buy a Bible when you can get one free from Gideon. Just steal it from the next hotel you stay in. Or from the church. I'm sure God'll forgive you for doing it.

Sega actually makes a great little digital bible thing that lets you compare like 15 different piles of the same shit.

Incenjucar on
    edited February 2007
    moniker wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:

Or look for that guy at every college campus.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Low Key wrote:
    thorgot wrote:

He's less entertaining than AFL players who do it better, and he's less impressive than players who's marking abilities are only a small part of their overall talent.

Oh yah my guys is faster to

I'm going to bed. Just one class on Fridays. :arrow:

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote:
    Low Key wrote:
    thorgot wrote:

Oh yah my guys is faster to

my guys have tighter shorts!

Low Key on
    edited February 2007
    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    OH man.

VishNub on
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    VishNub wrote:
    I can talk about why Ultimate is better than your sports!
    Wait - is tossing a frisbee considered a sport now? Shit man, I need to start a jacks league or something.

See. I know you're kidding.

<3

VishNub on
    edited February 2007
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6YQznRq0sM

I can watch Barry run all day.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I really hope Guom shows up to write his thesis narrative on why we're a Hegemony and not an Empire if AcidSerra questions my assertion. His is way better than mine and involves less mollusks.

moniker on
    edited February 2007
    I'll give Aussie the versatility nod, but American football totally takes the violence crown. And I don't want to hear any shit about how the pads take away from it. Because that shit is bullshit.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:

just promise you won't turn fundie on us

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
    edited February 2007
    Elkamil wrote:
    I'll give Aussie the versatility nod, but American football totally takes the violence crown. And I don't want to hear any shit about how the pads take away from it. Because that shit is bullshit.

It is the difference between watching a bunch of guys beat the shit out of each other, and watching one dude getting his spine snapped by a professional career destroyer. Our violence is more loveable.

Low Key on
This discussion has been closed.