As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PATV] Penny Arcade: The Series, Bungie Rematch Pt. 1 [Soda Preservatives]

124»

• fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    fjafjan wrote: »
    Am I the only one bugged by their bad technique? They keep backing off way too far from the table, they lay some really high fucking balls just tempting people to smash the shit out of them and the last guy kept doing a serve that was actually illegal. I feel that with a week or two of practice (since I havn't played table tennis in a few years) I could beat everyone on there, except possibly Khoo. Probably my arrogance talking though.

Plus they had really bad manners in terms of not admitting their luck when hitting the side of the table or having balls roll over the net.

Yeah I have to be one arrogant bastard to think I can beat this well seasoned team of amateurs. But look, I am from Sweden and it seems that the level of play here is a bit higher than in the States, probably due in part to the 'craze' that followed the Swedish dominance at the pro level in the mid 90s. So I have played a fair bit of table tennis against a whole bunch of people, and I typically win. So I have a pretty good idea of what players I can beat and what players I can not. So I saw a video of people I thought could beat and one I was not sure, but was a bit optimistic. Anyway, this stopped being some type of discussion and started being a circle jerk a page ago so have fun!

PS. Gotta give props to this one.
    I'm lifting a finger right now actually.

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
  • TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Has this been posted yet?
    (go to about 3:30)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gDwc8ZgjOA

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Am I the only one bugged by their bad technique? They keep backing off way too far from the table, they lay some really high fucking balls just tempting people to smash the shit out of them and the last guy kept doing a serve that was actually illegal. I feel that with a week or two of practice (since I havn't played table tennis in a few years) I could beat everyone on there, except possibly Khoo. Probably my arrogance talking though.

Plus they had really bad manners in terms of not admitting their luck when hitting the side of the table or having balls roll over the net.

Yeah I have to be one arrogant bastard to think I can beat this well seasoned team of amateurs. But look, I am from Sweden and it seems that the level of play here is a bit higher than in the States, probably due in part to the 'craze' that followed the Swedish dominance at the pro level in the mid 90s. So I have played a fair bit of table tennis against a whole bunch of people, and I typically win. So I have a pretty good idea of what players I can beat and what players I can not. So I saw a video of people I thought could beat and one I was not sure, but was a bit optimistic. Anyway, this stopped being some type of discussion and started being a circle jerk a page ago so have fun!

PS. Gotta give props to this one.
    I'm lifting a finger right now actually.

I see people enjoying a fun video of fun people having fun playing fun games of ping pong. And then some guy saying how aghast he is that they are having fun wrong. Their fun is rude fun and they are also not good at fun.

Nobody cares about your mad ping pong credentials, that you got a full ride to Ping Pong U. and you killed Mao Tsetung in a fevered match. Nobody cares. You are a fun-shitter.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Guys, I'm part Chinese.

I'm pretty sure we invented ping pong or something. I never ever lose.

I hit the ball and get all the points.

KalTorak on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tleilaxu wrote: »

Love that goddamn story so much.

KalTorak on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    Are you saying that a 10-minute video edited for maximum emotional impact isn't an accurate reflection of reality?

That, my friend, is bullshit

I'm beginning to suspect that Jerry's opponent, the ping pong angel, may have actually moved at some point during their 5 games.

Only when he wasn't looking.

0bCQ7.jpg

:^::^:

Lalabox on
  • I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lalabox wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    Are you saying that a 10-minute video edited for maximum emotional impact isn't an accurate reflection of reality?

That, my friend, is bullshit

I'm beginning to suspect that Jerry's opponent, the ping pong angel, may have actually moved at some point during their 5 games.

Only when he wasn't looking.

0bCQ7.jpg

:^::^:

I wish it was Valve and not Bungee so I could make a "The Angels have the orange box" joke

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I just farted REAL BAD.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    only tangentially related to this thread but someone should make a thread pimping the proposed pilot for the "kris and scott scott and kris show" (seen here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krisandscott/kris-and-scotts-scott-and-kris-show)

not me though, that's too much pressure

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Cargo CultureCargo Culture Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Goddamnit I love Scott Kurtz Story Hour.

exist wrote: »
    only tangentially related to this thread but someone should make a thread pimping the proposed pilot for the "kris and scott scott and kris show" (seen here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/krisandscott/kris-and-scotts-scott-and-kris-show)

TAKE MY MONEY! ALL OF IT!

*flings wallet comically*

Cargo Culture on
    [SIGPIC]I did warn you not to trust me.[/SIGPIC]
  • existexist Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    it's gone up atleast 1.7k in the past half an hour so i am hopeful

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh goddamn I did not know that was online, that's where I ended up standing in the audience for about five minutes while he talked about pooping on a plane

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    exist wrote: »

Oops. And me without a spare $10,000 available to get them to buy me dinner. I'm hungry.

Still, one of those cheaper donation bonuses could be cool.

SabreMau on
    edited May 2011
    Bwaaaaaahahahahaha I can't stop laughing at the acupuncture scene.

KalTorak on
  • Cargo CultureCargo Culture Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Bwaaaaaahahahahaha I can't stop laughing at the acupuncture scene.

"I think she incepted me."

"You have to use your totem. What's your totem?"

Cargo Culture on
    [SIGPIC]I did warn you not to trust me.[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.