As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTERS] Measure this Bat for a coffin, looks like, size ten and a half!

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    farbekrieg wrote:
    track record -> multiplayer stats

edit: also if you play on pc i shake my fist ANGRILY at you because chances are you killed me... A LOT.. id shoot at you, but chances are id miss (even with the persuader)
    You're welcome.

Though you've been playing alot more than I have. I'm only level 17.

Edit: Also, since I almost never use the SMG I have unlocked, with the new weapon unlock I just got, I decided to go with the motivator. We'll see how well this works in fumigation and psyche warfare matches.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Invis bottles do not make you immune to being tagged by opponents with goggles, just thought id mention it as i spent the last match getting smacked around, re-invising does not remove tag btw

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Almost positive it does. I've had people marked with goggles who vanish, even their green outline. Chances are the group you were playing with was just smart enough to listen for the hum and watch for the blur.

I've never used the motivator but it is quite effective. But its really situational. Using it while running around is normally pretty pointless but if you and a mighty/burly are alone at a point its sometimes better to hide and heal him.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    when you get tagged by zie googles you get a red tag attached to your name, kind of hard not to notice it

edit speaking of matchmaking glory, the top screenshot was from the reports, the bottom from in game..... wtf

what3.png

2nd edit: im not saying that they werent cheating, the game was glitched, etc, but usually i chalk these things up to i suck and move on

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hmm...Then I wonder why sometimes I'll have someone marked or in the process of marking them and then they'll just vanish off my screen?

Also heres my fiveoh birthday card. Celebrated by getting a new card background!
    33CC1DB542631A40FCE403A08C1C1746F225FFCC

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Man, Sometimes this game is just fun. 11-0 with the buckaneer rifle. Then I get frustrated with the glider+persuader.

• Options
    You know, it really surprises me that less people are using the dapper pickle calling card than I thought they would.

I mean, C'mon. It was like...MADE for the steam thread.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    From weareimpostors wiki: What you lose when promoting.
    All Feat of Prowess progress with the exception of Lifetime Feats.
    Feats of Prowess will however be locked until you reach the correct level, i.e. Weapon Feats will re-unlock at Level 110.
    All loadout unlocks and unlock keys.
    This includes all body types, faces, custom loadout slots, weapons, support items, and so forth.
    All Costume Coins.

Perks are new badge on your calling card (replacing the cyclone badge), at 1st/5th/10th promotion you get a new mascot. Leveling takes the same time as 1-100.

Also to anyone who maybe struggles with support item choice, I'd say pick up the motion sensor. I'm always happy when I see someone on my team with them (Even been considering getting rid of my gnomey because I am finding fewer and fewer glidernubs). It really rakes in the exp/assists, as long as you dont throw it in a place thats easy to spot/destroy. IMO, I'd rather have a motion sensor than goggles in a point capture mode.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    heenato wrote:
    You know, it really surprises me that less people are using the dapper pickle calling card than I thought they would.

I mean, C'mon. It was like...MADE for the steam thread.

i find the banana within the banana peeling a banana fucking terrifying.... and while this isnt my best k/d ratio (i went 11:2 once as well) this is one of those 10% that have be to thrown out

noice.jpg

edited due to poor screen shot editing... and i mean the 20% of games that arent indicative of my skill level (top 10% bottom 10%)

edit 2: i got a free catwoman mascot for owning arkham city (had to register with a wbid to get it) i believe there is one for arkham alsyum too but i have that on 360

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    It's...a nice feeling getting third place in a round while only using the motivator.

Also, I'm a bit worried. The game crashed while it was tallying up my points to next level. I mean, I had already gotten the popup saying what I had unlocked, but then as the XP bar was going up, crash.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    @heenato finding a burly tank to heal can be a problem, for some reason i never hear anyone using a headset (but i play tough/nimble)

how does nemesis work? does it have to be so many kills in a row of a person because im getting 4-5 kills on the same game in a match and im not getting a nemesis tag

back when i only had 3 mvps i thought every time you got one you get a gang invite, now its not so much (amittedly only up to 6) and i saw a guy lvl 136.... WTF... i thought i would get spanked but he dropped out he was 4k above break even on k/ds but he didnt make it into game (baked alaska123). also because i dont get many options to brag i was mvp of that game with a nice 22:11 k/d.

also despite playing primarily as a tough guy in matches using wings, i still dont have 100 glider kills, nor any mid air wins (lvl 1 just requires 1)
    im dreaming of getting to 1:1 only 1000 kills with no deaths to do so

anyone want to get my gatekeeper headshot cheevo for me? 70 kills to 1k and only lvl (of 8) 4 on headshots... basically i want to put it away and start focusing on a new weapon.

after gatekeeper would you guys recommend partisan for a tough body?
    All Costume Coins.

why on earth would they do this? they dont reset costumes, why the coins

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    I don't like partisan. The nonauto makes headshots harder to hit.

switch to mighty or burly and pick up the jackhammer. Strong enough so that lack of headshot won't hurt you like it does with gatekeeper

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    on 360, partisan is the only gun i use. it's a headshot machine.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    on 360, partisan is the only gun i use. it's a headshot machine.

All about the 3 shot rockets!

I promise I will start playing this again. When is the update again? Early or late March?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    doing some research on the upcoming patch
    • A BRAND NEW MAP: The 25th Floor of the Gotham Times building is about to be your playground for destruction! (Just make sure not to fall off the edge.)
    • JOIN-IN-PROGRESS: Players can now join a match, even after it has started!
    • MATCHMAKING FIXES: Matchmaking has been totally revamped! Those errors you remember? They're a thing of the past. Gone. Finito.
    • NEW WEAPONS: The Falcon Blade (a bullet-blocking katana worthy of warfare in Gotham) and the Kingmaker (a quick-draw pistol that can humble even the mightiest of Mighties) are available for you to unlock!
    • A NEW SUPPORT ITEM: Toxic Gas! Leave a cloud of nigh-invisible noxious vapors in your wake, that will impair and damage those foolish enough to follow you.
    • A MULTITUDE OF NEW COSTUME CHOICES: In addition to the myriad of costume items already available, we're letting you dress up like a luchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and so much more!
    • NEW FUN FACT: The new Nimble Fingers Fun Fact will let you capture Gasblasters faster, and attach/detach batters quicker. The team's clutch player? Yeah, that's you.
    • MUTE EARLY, MUTE OFTEN: Ever wanted to squelch that guy blasting techno in the pre-game lobby? Now you can! Easy peezy, lemon squeezy.

the new map sounds disappointing... still no actual release date just march

• Options
    Oh thank god they're adding a mute function.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i can only imagine, i have a mic but it doesnt seem to function... from all the chats in game telling people to turn it off, it doesnt sound like im missing anything....

basically xbox live gay slur fucker yo momma deez nutz conversations?

edited: because im a small minded jerk and and made a poor decision, sorry for any offense

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I haven't found too many people using their mics on this game. So mostly it's just me talking to myself. I'm great at making call outs to people who aren't listening to me.

Hate running into groups of people who are playing together. Hard to take out two big guys who both have armor at once, and are actually communicating.

• Options
    ive only encountered two different sets of people grouped and commmunicating, they stick together and someone has a motivator... its friggin brutal, that thing is monstrously overpowered

• Options
    edited February 2012
    bumping thread because it seems some community awards popped up and are time sensitive

2 separate goals 20 matches and 50 kills before midnight of the 26th for coins but also mentions fabulous prizes

edit: i got the 50 kill one i didnt receive a fabulous prize that i can tell, but it might kick in on the 27th? ill go look it up

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Magell wrote:
    I haven't found too many people using their mics on this game. So mostly it's just me talking to myself. I'm great at making call outs to people who aren't listening to me.

Hate running into groups of people who are playing together. Hard to take out two big guys who both have armor at once, and are actually communicating.

it was the best thing when i found out how to mute everyone in gfwl. The best thing. Most people that play this game with mics are so stupid, so very, very stupid :(

also, get 20 games in by the 26th with how the matchmaking works? i'm not sure that's physically possible

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    i have 8 matches this morning... its not completed just started, which is good because 4 have been abortions, 5 on 1, 3 on 1.. its like monolith doesnt even want me to get to .7 kills per death

edit hmm looking up on the monolith forums it seems its just 70 coins and 1250 xp (apperantly it was bugged when initially released and gave 110k xp, but has since been fixed)

per an admin on their boards
    Community Challenges: The beginning!

You? Yeah, you’re pretty awesome. But just how awesome are you? So awesome that we want to reward you with a week filled with extra XP and Costume Coins!

This weekend we’re running our very first Community Challenge. Just what’s going on, and how do you participate? Well, here’s the skinny:

To find the Community Challenges, go to your Track Record on the main menu, then navigate down to Feats of Prowess, and then Community.
    If you slay 50 opponents by Sunday, February 26 at 11:59PM PST, you’ll be rewarded with a whopping 1,250XP and 25 Costume Coins!
    If you play 20 games of Impostors by Sunday, February 26 at 11:59PM PST, you’ll pull down a cool 50 Costume Coins!

Now, go play! These challenges are live right now, and waiting for you. (Oh, and don’t worry about Costume Coins being called Funny Monies. That’s just what we call them when nobody’s looking… except for you, obviously.)

We’re all really looking forward to your participation, and hope you have a good time with these! This is only the beginning, so look forward to bigger and badder challenges and prizes in the future. (That may or may not mean some seasonally-themed weapon camouflage.)

is it just me or does anyone else really not care about paint jobs?

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Hmm...If they gave anything worthwhile I might try for it. Maybe Ill get it by coincidence this weekend.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    It would be cool if some of the new costume choices let us go a little more towards other heroes and villains. I know it's not likely in a DLC title, but maybe some Riddler type stuff for the joker team, some catwoman stuff for batman, or both sides.

I need to find out how to get the Riddler paint job because I want that.

• Options
    i believe 1k kills with a gun will get you the riddler paint on that gun only.

and yeah i thought there would be more free stuff involved but really 70 coins and 1250 xp is pitifully small as far as game rewards go, noice if you are already playing, but nothing to drag anyone back into the game, a valentines day item would have been pretty swag (or presidents day i guess)

i have riddler paint on all of 2 weapons (persuader and gatekeeper) working my way for jackhammer

• Options
    How are you liking the Jackhammer so far?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    How are you liking the Jackhammer so far?

im having the same problem i had with the smg as far as head shots (not to the same degree) and it really does clear out a room, where as my smg takes a full clip to drop 1 person (or 3/4) if im hitting with the hammer its 5-10 depending and 40 rounds (my only problem is im conditioned to reload after every kill and that gets me killed)

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    I was wondering what psych profiles people use for their characters. I play a lot of fumigation as a hybrid player so most of the profiles would hurt the xp I gain in one aspect of my play so I've stuck with sadist which gives me bonus points for dealing damage, and not being killed by people I damage.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    I use co-dependant with motion sensor googles, etc.

• Options
    Jackhammer really forces you to get better with your backup weapon. I don't usually ever reload the jackhammer until I'm somewhere safe.

As far as Psych, I leveled Sadistic to 5 and just finished leveling Histrionic to 5. Hist gives a lot of bonus.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    god damn this game annoys the hell out of me, 9 kills 3 deaths just cruising along about 2 mins left in match and it just disconnects me, my dsl is fine but the game always has me tagged as orange latency.... kills me... damn it gci i want to love you... i really do, but you just make it so damn hard

edit : why do they make unlocking pysch profiles happen so late, i think i still just have default + 2 options at lvl 63, also i need a new button for middle click as invis is killing my finger, any suggestions?

edit 2: they added some more community content

20 CC for every 5 matches lost between now and wed 29th repeatable
    20 CC for every 5 matches won " " repeatable
    25 CC for every 50 deaths " " repeatable
    100 CC for every 50 kills " " repeatable
    15 CC for every completed match " " repeatable

so ya know free costumes basically

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    bumping again for more community challenges being added that are repeatable

• Options
    Glad they are making it easier to get costume coins. Be able to finish the joker costume sooner. Also I can upgrade Batman to the cool tank top instead of the lame one.

• Options
    I hope they branch out a little. Maybe 10kills by stomp or something to get people to play outside of the box

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    yeah im gearing up on costume stuff, but i wonder if that means ill eventually have thousands of costume coins leftover when i get that promotion, its a ton of xp to get to 100 and buying costumes is my favorite part (at this point i have a ton of weapons and gadgets i need to use)

i saw on the official forums people looking for achievement groups....

that said i did do the heal 2,000 health thing on a burly when everyone dropped on both teams but me and another guy (and i was hiding from him because he was way better than me)

• Options
    Obviously you just save those thousands of coins for when the DLC comes out.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I highly doubt they'll allow casual players to stockpile coins. I'm going to bet when the new costumes come out with this next patch that they will be quite a bit more expensive than current options.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    yes but you lose all your dumb CC at promotion..... grrrrrr

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    so the new DLC is out NOW, and it's pretty awesome. the katana is almost OP for defending objectives, but like a normal melee you have to be hugging them to hit them. katana can also block damage from bullets, bombs, gliders, pretty much anything. the new costumes they added are pretty cool, and they finally added a few joker outfits that fit him (long sleeve/vests).
    the new map is also freaking sweet, it's on top of the wayne industries building and plays great. very fun, multi-leveled map. overall, this has renewed my interest in this game (plus all the matchmaking fixes are super nice).

• Options
    edited February 2012
    For the 360, that is. Gotta wait for the PC one. Thanks, Microsoft. Cant wait until matchmaking is fixed though...

And a mute.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M