As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTERS] Measure this Bat for a coffin, looks like, size ten and a half!

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    So this game pretty fun?

After the first trailer or two I had decided that this looked like something I would enjoy immensely and have since been on a bit of a media blackout.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    yes, this game is a blast
    there are match-making problems, on account of if being a beta, which are being worked on
    there are only two maps, because it is a beta
    there are only two game types, hopefully because it is a beta

but it is a blast
    there tons of different ways to set up your character
    the different gadgets are all really fun to use
    and the home made weapons are a treat to use

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Awesome, now I can go back to ignoring this until it comes out. :D

Thank you!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote:
    Played beta, was rather impressed. But is this actually going to cost money? Because with the micro-transaction system they seem to have set up (coupled with the glacial pace of weapon unlocks), I can't really justify actually dropping money to play it.

i am pretty sure it will cost money to buy the game, yes

Games cost money? Who would've figured! Just because you get into the beta, doesn't mean you get the game for free.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote:
    Etiowsa wrote:
    Played beta, was rather impressed. But is this actually going to cost money? Because with the micro-transaction system they seem to have set up (coupled with the glacial pace of weapon unlocks), I can't really justify actually dropping money to play it.

Games cost money? Who would've figured! Just because you get into the beta, doesn't mean you get the game for free.

i think that poster thought the micro-transactions meant the game itself would be free, for some reason.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    what microtransactions are there in this thing? i guess i havent been paying quite tha tmuch attention.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    redfield85 wrote:
    Etiowsa wrote:

i think that poster thought the micro-transactions meant the game itself would be free, for some reason.

Free-to-play games aren't an uncommon thing you know (BF Heroes and Play4Free, TF2 are but some examples in the same shooter genre). It's a fair assumption to make if there's a lot microtransations in this thing.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Well, in pretty much all of the games I've seen with micro-transactions, when they have an effect beyond the cosmetic, they are free to play. Just seemed strange to me.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    yea, but you can unlock the stuff fairly quickly, for free

if the weapons stats stay the ssame between now and release, i have a lot of stuff figured out

the delusional Bats voice sounds a lot like Diedrich Bader

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    yea, but you can unlock the stuff fairly quickly, for free

Exactly. So, if a game has a ton of things you can purchase in game for real money, it is typically free to play? That is like every game ever. Haha.

When does the game actually come out? The 7th? I am 100% sticking with the Ninja Smoke Bombs.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    I think the game is really cool. I haven't had a true experience, yet, since...well I'm just terrible at console shooters and I'm awaiting the PC experience. By the time I'm able to aim correctly with the PS3 analogs, I'm dead.

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Game is neat, kinda barren player wise on 360 though, hope it bulks out for the proper release.

Do you unlock anything that makes the medic megaphone better? Heal seems pretty slow off it.

Also roller skates are king.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    There is a button in the beta to buy costume pieces.

The release date hasn't been announced. I doubt the 7th will be it, on account of the beta ending the 6th. I imagine the devs will want some time to fix things that have shown up in the beta, such as the serious flaws with match-making.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Glad to hear this is good. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    I reached the 25 level limit. It looks like you can still play to unlock shit (that will be locked anyway when the game comes out).

People in objective based modes are horrible. I played a few matches and we dominate and win in the first few minutes. Next few games are closer but we pretty much had it in the bag from the start. Next set is just my team getting dominated because they want to run in a swarm and capture one thing at a time.

I swear, 95% of the games I play, I always have the most captures and am in the top 3-5 every time. My friends just got into the beta, so I will be enjoying this a bit more now.

edit: Boy do I LOVE IT when the host quits. Two games in a row.

edit: Like I said before, feel free to friend on on LIVE @ redfield85. I have been playing this nonstop.

edit: This comes on next week. No waiting after the beta! Please tell me there is a group of you getting this for 360. I have maybe 1-2 people that will get this, but I would like to run with a full team.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012
    So Steam says this is out tomorrow. Just keep an eye on the store. It's out now on Steam for $14.99.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    How is this on PC? I'm going to assume there are no dedicated servers and its all matchmaking?

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Boo PC. Yay 360.

I will be looking for players to be on my team when this hits. Who is getting it on 360?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    BebopSamuraiBebopSamurai Registered User regular
    Planning to pick this up on 360 when it's out on wednesday. It looks like EXACTLY the kind of multiplayer FPS but with the crazy I've been wanting someone to do for YEARS.

Gamertag: DrinksYurMlkshk
    PSN ID: suzukaGongen
  • Options
    Did you try the beta? It was pretty fantastic. I was actually doing well for once in a FPS.

Anyone in the beta get their game screwed up toward the end? Like, I was in a party with a friend and it said my game was team deathmatch while my friend (and everyone else) was playing capture the gaschamber. I assume this will be fixed and they were just testing stuff.

Friend me! Redfield85 on 360. We can glide around and hold hands and throw batarangs together.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Beta was phenomenal, despite the occasional hiccup. I'm surprised to see it go retail so quickly as I do think there are some much needed tweaks that need to be made - won't keep me from buying it, though.

I can't seem to find anywhere how many maps will be included in retail or how many game types there are. Anyone know?

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    This game is fun as hell. Since I unlocked the smoke bomb gadget, I've gotten the "most time spent cloaked" award every round because i literally cannot not stay cloaked all round every round. Then it's just stab stab stab and on to the next knife or rocket victim.

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    So 360's gonna be the PA playing field of choice, as is usual? I'm considering getting this, if only to make a lady joker with a shotgun.

• Options
    I figure it is minimum 3 maps, 4 max. Game types I am guessing team death match, gaschamber, and battery.

I might be on all day playing this tomorrow. Haha. I flew to level 25 in the beta. I expect to be level 1000 by next week!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    anyone pick this up on the ps3?

• Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    That's some really buggy matchmaking.

Interminable
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just got this on 360. I've only played through some of the challenge maps, but it seems like it could scratch that crazy, arcadey FPS itch I've needed scratched so badly.

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYAlXXpwxaI

some gameplay from a COD player.

• Options
    BosskingBossking Commander President Kingdom of CastlefortRegistered User regular
    Bought it on PC after enjoying the hell out of the PS3 beta.

...It needs some serious work. It feels terribly optimized on PC and there's a lot of shit literally missing or just outright broken. I can't count the number of times I've seen the word "Undefined" appear on my screen.

Even on my monster PC running the game at default settings, it's choppy as hell. I really hope they patch the shit out of this game, because it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The game is great, it just needs fixing.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Bossking wrote:

...It needs some serious work. It feels terribly optimized on PC and there's a lot of shit literally missing or just outright broken. I can't count the number of times I've seen the word "Undefined" appear on my screen.

Even on my monster PC running the game at default settings, it's choppy as hell. I really hope they patch the shit out of this game, because it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The game is great, it just needs fixing.

Make sure you're running it as Admin (for the fps issues).

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    BosskingBossking Commander President Kingdom of CastlefortRegistered User regular
    Good suggestion, I'll try that when I get home

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Bossking wrote:
    Good suggestion, I'll try that when I get home

The official forums have a fan thread regarding fps issues as well. There are some suggestions in there to try, but no promises.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    Bossking wrote:

why would you try one version of the game and buy another?

Has anyone bought this yet? What are the other game types? How many maps are there? are the other maps as good as the two in the beta?

• Options
    Probably because the PC didn't get access to the beta.

Yeah...

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i heard the PC did get a beta, but it was also buggy as hell.
    grabbed this just now on 360, add Local H Jay for some clown-smashin'

• Options
    HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    Pc did have a beta. I got accepted to it but never played the beta. Game looks okay though.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    It makes me a sad panda that the general consensus is this is shit on the pc. i refuse to buy it for a console and be forced to use a controller :(

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Gameplay was choppy on beta, but I am more inclined to blame it on my subpar PC than anything else.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I am dl right now. Not sure if I will be on much today because of family issues.

So, in the XBLA full version, I am hoping the whole "undefined" thing before a multiplayer match doesn't happen. I don't want to be playing team deathmatch and the game telling me I am doing fumigation or whatever.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    I think faith in Monolith fixing the game up isn't out of the question either. Still, this sort of thing can have a really negative impact on player numbers for an online only title.