As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOTHAM CITY IMPOSTERS] Measure this Bat for a coffin, looks like, size ten and a half!

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    damn it on the carnival level i cant see any walls, just a lot of black space.... it makes me even less useful than normal

im still not exactly sure how this game works

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Well I caved and bought this game damnit. It better not die in a month. I actually ended up getting a code at gamestop while I was there today. Apparently I got some extra reward points for buying it there. So there's that if anyone is saving those up.

I'm on PS3. Add me if you're playing this.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Well, on my new rig I don't have nearly the hitching/stuttering problem so I guess it was SLI. Oh well, game is fun as hell. My Gamertag is A Whipped Cur.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    farbekrieg wrote:
    damn it on the carnival level i cant see any walls, just a lot of black space.... it makes me even less useful than normal

im still not exactly sure how this game works

That happens to me annoyingly often. The fixes I've found on the GCI community page didn't help either. Still, I do alright unless I have to fight on the edocks or anywhere with too many doors.

Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    im getting better (went from around 2 kills 10 deaths to 4 kills 10 deaths... still not impressive but damn....

obviously you need to match gun/bodytpe/gadget which ive done a poor job of so far.

also launching the game from folder works MUCH better than launching from steam for me

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    If you're having trouble, try to play the game a little differently. This is a "CoD" type game. As such, you die really quickly compared to most other popular games.

Take it slow, line up your shots. Don't run around in the open for no reason. Don't fire your gun unless you've got a killing angle (It'll light you up on the map when you fire unless you have a silencer). Watch the map so you can see enemies light up on the map around you. Don't shoot from the hip. Use the Wallflower perk.

Also @farbekrieg and @heenato I probably wont have time to play tonight. Hopefully tomorrow or at least thursday/friday.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    against my better judgement i picked this up for pc thinking "even if it's terrible its the price i spend on lunch everyday so whatever" looks like i may need to milk that for all the comfort i can since it's been looking for a game for 40 minutes with no luck :(

edit: make it an hour now
    edit2: hour an a half, welp, time to admit defeat.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    If you're stuck in a lobby that isnt working, exit and try entering another one.

Also maybe try another game mode.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyMkPnnQjjg

A quick commentary, but I messed up the volume. might be a little loud.

• Options
    If you're stuck in a lobby that isnt working, exit and try entering another one.

Also maybe try another game mode.
    that was across two game modes (majority spent in tdm, but i tried fumigate a couple of times) retrying for new lobbies by exiting and re-entering every 10 minutes or so.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Also @farbekrieg and @heenato I probably wont have time to play tonight. Hopefully tomorrow or at least thursday/friday.
    That's fine. I ended up playing dungeon defenders for like...three hours. So it's all good.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    also of note, team death match is the slowest game type to fill... apparently you get a LOT more xp in the other games so thats where everyone is

is it the best idea to go with a tough character set up and roll out first.... im paralyzed by choices once i unlock them... i need to fix up a character to roll out... i might wind up going heavy because i like how they get better kills from flying and slamming into people (still just using tough guy setup)

@star i dont actually play fps, and when i do it tends to be more borderlands or rage and not against other people

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I absolutely hate the heavy + glider rig. Entire teams of heavy dive bombing again and again because they can't aim for toffee. I've had heavys on top of balconies realize that they can't aim, giving up and just jumping from the floor above me to try and dive bomb me. Capping points is a pain in the arse especially since the airspace denier only seems to work about half the time. Nevermind the fact that you can stun and kill a glider and he can respawn and make it back to the point to gldie attack you again before you've capped the point or your airspace denier has recharged. Me and pal my usually win because thats ALL they can do but its just frustrating and in no way fun at all.

Also this may have been set off because this just happened in a fumigation game and it made me rage pretty hard. Usually I just kinda shrug and hope I'm not in their team next time but...Jesus, bottom two players. Really?
    Untitled-1.png

Anyway, deep breath! How many regular PC gamers do we have anyway?

edit:

Farbekreig, the tough guy is a good class to learn what actual weapons you like and depending on how you play him should decide on whether you go for the lighter or the heavier body types first (It takes a while to get all the body types, think level 60?). I found the gatekeeper SMG to be an all round good weapon with very few actual flaws. Its god a bigger clip than the dawn AR (25 to 20), its got decent damager and a good RoF. I basically always roll that with a rocket launcher. My main class is a nimble (female) body type with roller skates on. Got horse healthy so my hp is about 160 so if I'm fighting a bigger body type I can use the rocket launcher to a. finish them off or I can get behind cover and hit them with the splash damage if things are lookign dire, also a good way to start an encounter if you know they're there and you can hit them around a corner. Rockets also have the advntage of being able to hit an entire group of people capping a point and they're fantastic against the lightest body type. Two rockets and you'll usually kill them.

Also if you can aim well the buccaneer rifle is incredibly strong. My pal regularly one shots the lightest body types and sometimes one shots the female one.

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    farbekrieg wrote:
    also of note, team death match is the slowest game type to fill... apparently you get a LOT more xp in the other games so thats where everyone is

is it the best idea to go with a tough character set up and roll out first.... im paralyzed by choices once i unlock them... i need to fix up a character to roll out... i might wind up going heavy because i like how they get better kills from flying and slamming into people (still just using tough guy setup)

@star i dont actually play fps, and when i do it tends to be more borderlands or rage and not against other people
    curses, i had picked it as in pretty much every other game it's the fastest to fill even though it's the least fun to play, foiled again

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I absolutely hate the heavy + glider rig
    i bet that they will nerf the glider rig, especially for heavier bodytypes

• Options
    I personally hope so but I checked the offical forums to see if they had a fix for an issue with the map not loading (only props) and came across a thread on someone moaning about the glider and the communtiy manager response was

'Look up, honestly! Thats why this game is awesome!'

Because he didn't seem to realise that you can have a heavy tagged, see him coming around the corner but since he has body armour, thicked headed and horse healthy its not exactly easy to take him down before he reaches you with his AoE easy to aim attack. Tried the airspace denier and wasn't overly impressed with it so next time I can unlock a support item I'll need to try out the boomerang. Of course its usefulness may depend on how quickly is recharges.

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    <---regular PC player. Just getting into it, but still enjoying the hell out of it.

I'll be more online after PDX LAN this weekend...of course, I might be online there too. ;)

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    I still don't get how you other pc people are actually finding games, hour and a half yesterday, half an hour today in matchmaking, i've still yet to play a single game =/ do i need to sacrifice a virgin to the volcano god?

• Options
    It DOES take a bit of luck, and patience at the moment.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    finally got a couple of games in and it was surprisingly fun, can't wait till they fix matchmaking now =(
    shooting mans in the face with the huntsman is the best thing "oh fatty mcfat fat is dive bombing towards me? *zoom headshot headshot headshot * welp that's that"

taliosfalcon on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I absolutely hate the heavy + glider rig
    i bet that they will nerf the glider rig, especially for heavier bodytypes

Yea, I do the average body type and it doesn't seem super over powered.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    it's range when divebombing is a bit nuts, you go really far. you can abuse it to dominate on smaller maps like crime alley. it should be the heavier you are, the shorter distance you move when gliding, and even shorter when divebombing. another solution is make it so you can only divebomb straight down

• Options
    Wow. I got...Really lucky, and got into a room that was pretty much consistantly full. Ended up playing about...six or so matches in a row.

And then the game crashed.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    I love this game - super fun and great energy. But the fps stuttering on the PS3 is a little annoying, it would be phenomenal at 60, it barely feels like it's 30.

I tend to ignore all the DLC hubbub, since most DLC is really stupid, especially stuff you can eventually unlock in-game. I'm mostly excited for the new map, since after about an hour of play I tend to get tired of the 5 maps offered.

roster.gif
  • Options
    i don't mind the maps, but i can already see people finding crappy spots to set up and abusing with some weapons/abilities. there are lots of high up ledges snipers like to cling to despite it probably not being an intended area for people to stand. combo this with goggles and it can be a pain to take these guys out before they take you down.
    i also hate the bow, but just because i get killed by it the most.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Bow sucks. Buccaneer for life!

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    While I won't say the glider isn't op, there ARE options for dealing with it. For the first 20 levels, I just had the axe. it's a one shot kill, and they can't adjust their divebomb.

• Options
    It blows my mind that people do not use Wallflower. I can't think of anything better than not being, basically, permanently visible to the enemy team.

Have problems with gliders? Don't dilly dally outside! Use wallflower! Avoid air vents! The fatties will never know where you are. I die to a gliderbomb maybe once every five matches.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The glider suffers from people who are good enough to get kills with it are probably good enough to get lots of kills with it and make it seem too good.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I was just playing and killed a Joker and he said and I quote "I'm going to *beep* you in that hole I just made."

...what? :shock:

• Options
  • Options
    Yeah, it's not so much the swear word. It was the fact that he said he was going to have sex in a bullet wound.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    That's just the effective way to make a threat.

I had to quit playing for a bit after getting a stupid team in Fumigation. We were winning for most of the game at like 80-20 and then it goes to overtime and they just ream us. And the whole time I'm trying to make call outs and tactical decisions, but nobody else has a mic so then I'm just swearing at them and making myself angrier. On the plus side I did get the highest score.

I think that was more frustrating than the game where I was the only person capping gas blasters, because that one was much shorter.

I'm also finding Penetrator ammo to be quite useful since so many people like putting the armor on.

Magell on
  • Options
    Magell wrote:
    The glider suffers from people who are good enough to get kills with it are probably good enough to get lots of kills with it and make it seem too good.

I completely disagree.

Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    Magell wrote:
    That's just the effective way to make a threat.

I had to quit playing for a bit after getting a stupid team in Fumigation. We were winning for most of the game at like 80-20 and then it goes to overtime and they just ream us. And the whole time I'm trying to make call outs and tactical decisions, but nobody else has a mic so then I'm just swearing at them and making myself angrier. On the plus side I did get the highest score.

I think that was more frustrating than the game where I was the only person capping gas blasters, because that one was much shorter.

I'm also finding Penetrator ammo to be quite useful since so many people like putting the armor on.

Were we playing the same match?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The vast majority of people playing this game do seem to be terrible. My third game ever played started out as a 3v6, physcological warfare, in the first half my 3 man team pulled ahead 3-0, and in the second half everyone on my team dropped but me turning it into a 1v6, and i still managed to hold them off and win 3-2 by myself, by camping my battery attach point and shooting them in the head as they streamed in one by one over and over.

• Options
    the glider rig isn't OP to me except in objectives gametypes because if you know what you are doing you can use the glider to get anywhere on the map in seconds. add in that every glider is a great big dude with body armor, and they become flying wrecking ball.
    "stay inside, use wallflower" isn't really helpful when they control all 3 points, and only one is inside.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    just got a few matches in and actually had a k/d value over 1 8:5 and 18:13 fumigator matches can be hilariously short

yeah teams that split up are the worst

edit: since no one has posted here in several hrs and i dont want to double

any good recommendations for pysche evaluations? as far as what exactly the bonuses do (bonus for psychopathic behavior?

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Call me stupid but...how do you deal with those invisi-potions? I can't think of anything but "get shot in the back by a shotgun, then watch the killcam where he cloaks again. Then see him get a terrific score."

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Musicool wrote:
    Call me stupid but...how do you deal with those invisi-potions? I can't think of anything but "get shot in the back by a shotgun, then watch the killcam where he cloaks again. Then see him get a terrific score."
    there are a few good ways: if for some reason they don't have wallflower on, motion trackers will pick them up. they also make a distinct noise when close by (a kind of humming) so keep your ears open for that sound effect. i tend to notice the blur they make almost instantly now, but lately they tend to use the smaller body type so as to be even less noticeable when cloaked.
    also, when they are cloaked, they can't use weapons so it's very easy to stab them/shoot them if you do happen to catch them run by.