As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is there something terrible about the TB dailies for Alliance?

Like sometimes Problim eats me alive on a bad string of procs as fury and Ghostbuster can be annoying what with one person for each mob at Largo's Overlook but there's nothing that bad about them to make them really intolerable.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They're mostly just annoying and time consuming. Crocodiles are perhaps the only quest related mobs there that I don't find a complete pain in the ass to fight and all the quests require too many kills or items for what should be quick dailies.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hate the spiders far more In TB than anything
    but then I despise the town with the mix of npcs has me really confused they never really say why it's there other than go Kill them I don't like them that's why!

THe ghosts are annoying but the town and spiders are just obnoxious

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The thing that gets me about Rustberg Village is the variety: there's dwarves, tauren, humans, and orcs. What is going on there to get all of that together?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man, those diverse races have learned to live together! Let's murder the forward-thinking bastards!

Samphis on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Samphis wrote: »
    Oh man, those diverse races have learned to live together! Let's murder the forward-thinking bastards!

Camp Taurajo.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If Rustberg doesn't end up being revealed to be some horrible innsmouth style village and they summon a monstrous servant of the old gods from the sea then Tol Barad has been a complete waste.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It'd be hilarious if it turned out that they were deserters from both factions who just said "screw it, we want to live in peace"

Nobody on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The eerieness of Tol Barad might make it my favorite zone in the expansion, actually. I hope they do something with it

Javen on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What eeriness does Tol Barad have?

If anything, its compact size and distinct questing areas screams to me "this is a quest zone and nothing but". They might as well put huge signs in each sub-zone saying "This is an area designed for a single quest, do it and move on". I mean, the division between subzones in the world are a bit better hidden; aren't neatly squared off specifically for one purpose. I've noticed many times over the years that various aspects of the world feel more like a Disney World ride than an actual breathing world. They've done a lot in WotLK and Cata to alleviate that however.....but then you get to Tol Borad and the whole zone feels like a completely artificial man made theme park. The "atmosphere" is totally forced, there's no continuity to the sub-zone areas, and they're all neatly blocked off so you know the boundaries are to your current activity.

No, I think they failed entirely with any notion of atmosphere in Tol Borad; I can't think of any instance of eeriness that exists there at all. I can see where there might supposed to be. But it certainly doesn't actually exist.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There is very little fluff behind TB. All I got was that the Island is somehow important and twlight cultists are trying to take it?

None of the other quests zone even mention it. It has like zero lead in. It would be interesting if there was actually something to it.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nobody wrote: »
    It'd be hilarious if it turned out that they were deserters from both factions who just said "screw it, we want to live in peace"
    During the battle of Dien Bien Phu, as things began to go south for the French, deserters from the various foreign contingents-- Vietnamese, T'ai tribesmen, Moroccans, Algerians-- were trapped inside the French perimeter and took up residence in caves along the Nam Yum river. The French called them the "Rats of Nam Yum" and they eventually became quite a problem because they would venture out at nite to steal supplies from the already meager French airdrops. Several times the French considered launching an operation to clear them out but decided against it because they feared that the still loyal foreigners would surrender en masse.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Corpekata wrote: »
    It's pretty annoying. I always do it out of the main cities. So much easier in Thunder Bluff than Org.
    For my money the Fire Festival is the second-best holiday event after the Christmas stuff. It's a great source of easy gold and experience for alts and who doesn't like peeing on bonfires ?

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    It's day 1, and I already hate torch catching.

It's pretty annoying. I always do it out of the main cities. So much easier in Thunder Bluff than Org.

Also, depending on your goals for the event, the dailys aren't required to get enough blossoms to complete all the achievements.

However, since you can't refund the clothes anymore, if it's your first year and you don't already have things, you'll need to do them if you want the pet or dancing flames. I'm not sure if any bonfires were added this year, but even with the dailys, before, it wasn't possible to get everything doing everything every day even.

Even if they did add more, I can't imagine they added enough to make up the difference. And considering the extra blossoms you have disappear after the event now, there's not a whole lot of reason to collect any more than you need.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    There are fires in both Northrend and Cata zones to get extra blossoms from.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, the Frost Lord's loot has been updated to ilvl 353...any word on what pet he's gonna drop: Frostling or Scorchling or something else?

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, the Frost Lord's loot has been updated to ilvl 353...any word on what pet he's gonna drop: Frostling or Scorchling or something else?

You see the staff yet?

Caster staff with 700 stamina and no Int. hahahahaha

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh that's right, Midsummer festival started. That means there's a possibility that I can find Alliance hanging out in Exodar and finally get that dumb Wrath of the Horde achievement done.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

You see the staff yet?

Caster staff with 700 stamina and no Int. hahahahaha

wat

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    You know, running Ahune on my guys is reminding me why I stopped running anything ever and focused purely on leveling all 10 of my characters.

The average player in WoW is fucking pathetic.

Healers oom before the first submerge.
    Tanks who are completely incapable of grabbing and/or holding aggro on even one piece of trash.
    DPS who can't break 3k on the burn phase and/or will not switch to Ahune off of the trash.

Ahune isn't hard.

At all.

Stop fucking being terrible general WoW players.

I did however get my last character to 85 though. So thats now 10 85s, one of each class. Yay?

EDIT: Also how hilariously useless a zero int all sta staff is, I'm not sure I'm going to bother running it past getting anyone their cloaks. Good job blizzard on making a cool staff, one that is rare and folks might want, completely pointless!

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I just got done running an Ahune group with not one, but two dps that averaged about 2.2k dps over the course of the fight on my healer. I can't even imagine how that's possible for a boomkin and shadow priest to manage that. It took 3 or 4 exposed phases to down the boss. It was horrible. I want the spirit cloak for the healer, but I'm not sure if its worth the hassle now.

Emporium on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ah shit, I need to get home and get on those dailies

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    re: Frostscythe
    Making it ideal (stat-wise) now and it would stomp all over ZA/ZG weapons. It's fairly trivial to obtain so we're just not really willing to do that.

The solution we're considering would be to make it a 346 blue, but there are some designer-y issues and side effects of what a change like that would cause. Either way I don't think we would be keeping it purple and giving it Int or otherwise making the stats more ideal.

But anyway, those cloaks are pretty sweet, huh?

There's also an answer about the scorchling:
    It's available in the 4.2 daily hub. :D

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh noes, a flavor weapon from a holiday that is obtainable for 2 weeks out of the year would stomp all over a drop from a 5 man instance that will be more than a tier under what is current in raids!

The horror!!!!!

What a lame as shit reason.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh noes, a flavor weapon from a holiday that is obtainable for 2 weeks out of the year would stomp all over a drop from a 5 man instance that will be more than a tier under what is current in raids!

The horror!!!!!

What a lame as shit reason.
    Also, as usual, Blizzard seems completely incapable of understanding the concept of a middle ground. The staff doesn't have to be as good as the zul caster weapons by not giving it 700 stam and putting int on it. Just give it like 40-50 less int than the ZG staff and then BOOM, it's not going to stomp all over those oh-so-precious, obsolete-in-a-week troll weapons, without being total shit either.

forty on
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone else excited about war games?

As a die-hard pvper, its the perfect time killer.

Who doesn't want to 1v1 arena against your friend?

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    WoW just needs cosmetic slots.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Roe wrote: »
    Anyone else excited about war games?

As a die-hard pvper, its the perfect time killer.

Who doesn't want to 1v1 arena against your friend?
    Wait, what? I was under the impression that war games were only for 10-man raids challenging other 10-man raids to battlegrounds.

forty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wow the new location for the orgrimmar flame is brutal.

even at 85, I can't figure out a location to drop in and/or spawn around the flame that isn't in range of a super guard who instantly spawns others and murders you.

EDIT: Huh, I logged out for a few minutes and now that I'm back in I'm only getting half the guild rep for desecrating the bonfires as I was beforehand. I had been getting 85, now I'm getting 42. Still have my tabard and everything.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    How would it stomp all over the ZA/ZG weapons? It's the same ilevel so wouldn't it be equal to them?

Anyway, in other curious itemisation, anyone else noticed that Firelands has no spirit cloth drops whatsoever? Glad I don't play a priest.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    How would it stomp all over the ZA/ZG weapons? It's the same ilevel so wouldn't it be equal to them?

clearly blizzard is under the delusion that a staff could ever be more valuable than a MH/OH combo

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011

clearly blizzard is under the delusion that a staff could ever be more valuable than a MH/OH combo

Perhaps they simply forgot that they didn't put in a staff enchant or 2h int enchant when they made cata.

Although apparently they're going to MAKE you like staves, since firelands has about one mh/oh combo that's a bit meh and then an avalanche of staves including a higher ilevel one off rag and the goddamn legendary.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Wow the new location for the orgrimmar flame is brutal.

even at 85, I can't figure out a location to drop in and/or spawn around the flame that isn't in range of a super guard who instantly spawns others and murders you.

EDIT: Huh, I logged out for a few minutes and now that I'm back in I'm only getting half the guild rep for desecrating the bonfires as I was beforehand. I had been getting 85, now I'm getting 42. Still have my tabard and everything.

Try to the north and west. The corner where the empty alley of stone meets that little bit of brush should be safe.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Because it's a SCYTHE instead of some dumb stick or dagger with a glowy bit in the other hand.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't really see a problem to ZG/ZA weapons being overshadowed. Its a limited amount of time affair.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Emporium wrote: »
    Yeah, I just got done running an Ahune group with not one, but two dps that averaged about 2.2k dps over the course of the fight on my healer. I can't even imagine how that's possible for a boomkin and shadow priest to manage that. It took 3 or 4 exposed phases to down the boss. It was horrible. I want the spirit cloak for the healer, but I'm not sure if its worth the hassle now.

Well, you can enter at 84, not that 2.2k dps is remotely acceptable past 80. That said, my 84 Lock outdpsed the two other 85 in there when I ran it earlier (had about 7.5k, I think, not a good fight for locks), so I agree with the statement that people are terrible.

Paragon on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think the lfd buff is working in there, and many classes have a ramp up time so those stupid little adds just suck.

it's still a stupid easy fight.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm glad that the adds are timed just right for tc.

Also it's an extremely random fight - depending upon how stuff comes out or spells cast, it can be really easy or really hard. I had an almost wipe when the big add stunned me on top of an icicle, which threw me up just as the dk decided he wanted to pull aggro.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    For anyone doing Torch Juggler this year: get the Juggler addon, as Blizzard added a small cooldown to the torch throw which makes it almost impossible to do manually.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    how does it work? I still need to do that one

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
This discussion has been closed.