WITCHER 2 1.2 PATCH IS OUT http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/53/
comes with all current dlc and a new barber.
This is a thread about witchering, and witchering in general, now in awesome sequel form!
Buy it from gog.com
now! (or steam, or those brick shops)
New to the series?
get the witcher here
cheaper a Vizima hooker! You can even import your save game into the sequel!
Its also set after books! Lookout for "The Last Wish
" (short stories about witchering and the story of the intro from witcher 1) and "The Blood of Elves
" (The first part in the witcher saga) in your bookstore of choice today! the next book is out in 2012! (but if you are polish and/or can read polish you have all them already!) Get more info here
and its also a polish tv series/movie but you less you know about that the better.
WTH is a witcher you say?
Problems running witcher 2
? patches are incoming next week in the mean time try these:
NEW ATI HOTFIX
- Mainly meant for crossfire users but single card users have noticed better performance but - use at own risk, reports of 10+fps increase and reports of strange things like new crashes and light source bleeding.
Whats that? You lost your witcher 1 saves and want to import
- disable ubersampling
- disable catalyst ai (for ati)
- update drivers (not ati ones tho, keep them on 11.4, they are working on new ones that fix stuff)
- pray to your gods.
- NEW - Current reports are the cause might actually be DRM on the retail/d2d copies of the game, theres a non-legit fix but for obvious reasons i can't to link it.
*UPDATED - Money is really fixed this time and theres also a checklist* thanks SoundsPlush!
*note there is no "Shani Scoia'Tael" save, the one before was labelled wrong.*
Mods for Witcher 1
- Full Combat Rebalance
- Immersion GUI.
- Plus many more including quest mods and texture packs.
Here's the list of Witcher 2 mods
Current Mods are:
Crafting Materials Weight Reduction Mod - Changes the weight of all crafting materials to 0.1.
Unlimited Carry Weight Mod - Gives all items 0 weight.
Potion Duration Extension - Extends the duration of potions to 1 hour. A variety of optional files have been added for different durations on potions and oils including instructions on how to edit the timings yourself.
Oil Duration Extension - Extends the duration of oils to 30 minutes.
Return of the White Wolf (Hair Replacement Texture for Geralt) - [Screenshot] - Makes Geralt's hair whiter (less grey).
Return of the Black Wolf (Hair Replacement Texture for Geralt) - [Screenshot] - Replaces Geralt's normal hair with a darker alternative.
Mini-map Direction Pointer - Adds a marker to the mini-map to help you keep your orientation while exploring.
Classic Dice Set (Easier to read) - Re-textures the poker dice to be more like The Witcher 1 and easier to read.
Crafting Price Equalization Mod - Reduces all crafting prices to 3 orens.
Tooltip Mod - Makes tooltips 80% taller, scroll 3x faster, and start scrolling almost immediately. Several variants available with different font sizes and scrolling delays.
Save Game Cleanup Utility - Allows you to scan, preview and delete or backup a set of saved games to free up some space on your computer.
How to unpack pack0.dzip (tutorial for modders)
there is also a www.witchernexus.com
Trouble with Witcher 2 combat even on normal?
The game just throws you into the deep end from the start. It's like going to your first swimming lesson expecting the instructor to start you off in the wading pool, but no! He manhandles you, holding you in a bear hug so your arms flail about helplessly, and you watch in horror as you go flying into the water with a splash, and after much struggling, miraculously discover that you can keep aloft.
Combat Tips (or so You Wanna be a Witcher)
1. Know that The Roll and the Mid-Roll Directional Change are your best friends. Always roll away from enemy mobs, not into them. Pick off the outliers first. Get a point in Footwork on the Swordsmanship tree if you need better positioning.
2. Roll around enemies that hold shields or can block. Stab them from the back instead. Aard or Igni are useful against them too.
3. Learn to anticipate attacks when they come. There is always a discernible animation when an enemy is about to strike at you. Roll away, and hit him from the back.
4. Use your potions, oils and bombs. They can radically change the landscape in your favour.
5. Watch out for your Vigour bar. You have too low Vigour early on to be parrying often.
6. Speaking of parrying, put at least one point in the upgrade to block from all directions. But remember not to spam block. It does not work.
7. Grit your teeth and bear it when it comes to the Prologue. Trust me, the combat gets smoother as you progress.
You can't just hack and slash anymore!
Learn how to roll, block, use bombs and traps and multi-attacking.
Learn how to not suck at combat
, from our very own BlackDove
*note video may contain chapter 1 spoilers*
Okay, here it is (when Youtube goddamn processes it)
Low level fighting. Using the most simplistic skills. The game is piss easy.
Somebody put this in the OP, and reference it whenever someone comes to complain about how the fighting is hard.
This is all you need to do to win. Normal difficulty. There's no problem to be had.
This is all Chapter 1, so I doubt the fight with Letho spoils anything. Maybe put a spoiler warning on it if you think it's a problem.
I went through these fights a few times just so you can see that it's not a problem replicating this kind of behavior.
It's not like I'm playing fucking flawlessly either. I'm making TONS of mistakes in these videos. Some because I'm just trying to lower my skill level as much as possible and trying to mash the buttons and emulate how a monkey would play it, others because FRAPS will offload the work onto random threads on the CPU and when it offloads onto one the game uses, the framerate goes to -2.
Either way, tons of mistakes, yet I still win every time.
, and will
I'm told spoilers start at 6:10. I don't agree, but you've been warned anyway.
Ask yourself, seriously.
Ask yourself, "Am I a duck"?
Then try to be more like Foltest.
(i remember now why i dont make threads.