As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Taste buds and alcohol question.

• Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Uriel wrote: »
    And I'm drunk off one finger of whiskey.

Go me.

Me and mine call that "placebo'n"

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    There are far too many IPAs on the market now. It's pretty annoying. I swear every other tap is an IPA.

familyfeudredx.jp2

Aneurhythmia on
  • MxOxRxRxIxSMxOxRxRxIxS Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've drank keystone for about 6 years. I like it, it gets me drunk, and it is cheap. No need to change. For 20 bucks I can get a half gallon of whiskey and some of my friends can have a good time, or for 20 bucks I can get a 30 pack of Keystone, and all of my friends can have a good time.

MxOxRxRxIxS on
    Aww I'm so bad at this...
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm a big fan of Belgian beers, personally.

Peccavi on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I don't know that I've ever had a Belgian beer but I'd like to try some.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Darmak wrote: »
    A friend of mine swore up and down Shiner Bock was the greatest thing and as a Texan I owe it to myself to love it too.

I couldn't finish a sip it was so awful.

Yeah, I like Shiner Bock but it's definitely not my favorite beer in the world. I'm really more of an ale person, especially with lots of hops. I love bitter things.

Yeah I figured out I am an ale person too with a bit of a IPA thing going on. I bought some more Arrogant Bastard today along with some Ruination IPA. The tastes of these things reminds me of grapefruit rind which ain't too bad.

Try an Old Rasputin.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I heard something about IPAs in here
    PhillipsDoubleIPA.png
    This is a tasty drink that you should drink (if you drink, and like double IPAs)

Mr. Buttons on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There are far too many IPAs on the market now. It's pretty annoying. I swear every other tap is an IPA.

Did you just move to Seattle?

Because I fucking swear that is the only thing people seem to drink here.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    IPAs are delicious but I gotta try as many different beers as I can.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've drank keystone for about 6 years. I like it, it gets me drunk, and it is cheap. No need to change. For 20 bucks I can get a half gallon of whiskey and some of my friends can have a good time, or for 20 bucks I can get a 30 pack of Keystone, and all of my friends can have a good time.

That's fine. But it's been popular for a while, and I don't see increasing popularity having any major impact on the price.

Also,

Whiskey: .5 gallon * 128 fluid ounces/1 gallon * 40% ABV =

Keystone Light: 30 cans * 12 fluid ounces/1 can * 4.2% ABV =

Do that math real quick.

Aneurhythmia on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Uriel wrote: »
    And I'm drunk off one finger of whiskey.

Go me.

Me and mine call that "placebo'n"

Actually I just have zero alcohol tolerance.

Four shots or more and I'd be puking.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This thread still tangentially related to having a taste for alcohol or not?

This is pretty related to that. And interesting too.

Especially starting around 1:25.

Marshmallow on
  • YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    THAT'S ONE DRUNK MONKEY

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

That's fine. But it's been popular for a while, and I don't see increasing popularity having any major impact on the price.

Also,

Whiskey: .5 gallon * 128 fluid ounces/1 gallon * 40% ABV =

Keystone Light: 30 cans * 12 fluid ounces/1 can * 4.2% ABV =

Do that math real quick.

i know someone who has to do these calculations for every single new drink they find out about to find the most alcohol per dollar

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Monkey try and take my drink?

Gonna get knocked out.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • EmruggsEmruggs Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Six wrote: »
    Emruggs wrote: »
    Somebody bought me some Maker's Mark for my birthday. Drinking it side-by-side with some barrel select Buffalo Trace. Also, the store I work at just got a selection of experimental barrel pints from BT, but not the stupidly expensive Experimental Collection ones. Huzzah.

BT is my go-to bourbon of choice, but I haven't had any of the barrel select.

The distributor rep that gets the Trace for us picks out a new barrel every 6 months or so. The current one is super-delicious.

Come next week, I'm getting me a bottle of High West Double Rye! as a present for myself. Also, got some awesome mid-priced tequila for margaritas tonight. I heart alcohol. I also love working in a liquor store.

Emruggs on
    steam_sig.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    I bought a bottle of The Kraken for drinking tonight.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited May 2011
    Now I want to try and knock a monkey out.

Tonkka on
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Gotta watch out for the ones that are Drunken Masters.

Marshmallow on
    edited May 2011
    Oh good call.

Tonkka on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    This Jeremiah Weed Spiked Cola I am currently drinking is quite good.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You know what is delicious? Framboise. Don't drink it on a full moon, though, you'll sprout a vagina.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    STELLAAAAAAAA

Clint Eastwood on
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You know what is delicious? Framboise. Don't drink it on a full moon, though, you'll sprout a vagina.

I'm assuming you mean Lindeman's Framboise Lambic? Yeah, that shit is righteous. By far the best purple drank i've ever come across

Snork on
    edited May 2011
    Help me out with a drink, because I come up with names of things before I actually know what they are.

WHISKEY POWER

Discuss.

Tonkka on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »

Did you just move to Seattle?

Because I fucking swear that is the only thing people seem to drink here.

Seriously! I don't understand it. I'm not too picky with beer nowadays, but I always feel that way when try to avoid getting a pitcher of IPA.

I'm quite fond of red and amber ales.
    I bought a bottle of The Kraken for drinking tonight.

yay!
    I have some Kraken that I might be drinking tonight (we'll see how the night goes)
    Tastes soooo good in my diet pepsi <3

skettios on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Help me out with a drink, because I come up with names of things before I actually know what they are.

WHISKEY POWER

Discuss.

I'm thinking whiskey and red bull with something to make it taste a little less awful

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited May 2011
    also, pale ales are very common in Seattle because pale ales are very popular in Seattle
    that's really all their is to it
    lotta hop heads here

there are still plenty of other beers people drink
    it ain't like you're going to find five taps with pale ale and then one tap with bud light

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

WHISKEY POWER

Discuss.

Whiskey + Gin + Gatorade + Red Bull + Grenadine + dash of bitters

Mr. Buttons on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am drinking a nightcap of Baileys on ice and it is so delicious it barely even registers as booze. This is booze for children, really.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    edited May 2011

WHISKEY POWER

Discuss.

Whiskey + Gin + Gatorade + Red Bull + Grenadine + dash of bitters

Oh god there is vomit all over my keyboard.

Tonkka on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I need to try the Kraken.

My favorite cocktail ever is a Green Alaska.
    3 parts Gin
    1 part Chartreuse
    1 part Orange Bitters
    Shaken. Drink out of a cocktail glass.
    It's probably the strongest thing I've ever had, mainly because the 140 proof Absinthe I drank was diluted (because absinthe is not something you want to drink straight. Ever.)

Mortal Sky on
    edited May 2011
    Is there a good whiskey greater than 80proof? If so, use a high proof one for Whiskey Power
    Druhim wrote: »
    also, pale ales are very common in Seattle because pale ales are very popular in Seattle
    that's really all their is to it
    lotta hop heads here

there are still plenty of other beers people drink
    it ain't like you're going to find five taps with pale ale and then one tap with bud light

I like pale ales, just not IPAs

skettios on
    edited May 2011
    I meant IPAs

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited May 2011
    aah ok

skettios on
    edited May 2011
    I have had people come in and look disappointed that we only have one IPA on tap.

Fortunately it's the Hale's Supergoose and it's really god damned good.

Tonkka on
    edited May 2011
    I have had people come in and look disappointed that we only have one IPA on tap.

Fortunately it's the Hale's Supergoose and it's really god damned good.

I need to visit your bar!

skettios on
    edited May 2011
    Yep.

Tonkka on
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    what's the deal with George Dickel whiskey?

the label is almost identical to jack daniel's

I saw a bottle at the store the other day and thought it was a joke

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I really don't know anything about beer at all. Someone enlighten me. Because all I know is that Asahi Super Dry is pretty alright, and Blue Moon is tasty stuff.

EDIT: Also I had some Guinness once and it was awesome but chronically overrated

Mortal Sky on