As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] The Chronicles of Amber - Brand Victorious (Serial Killer Victory)

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    B:L really adds an element of chaos to the game. I just really don't want to vote out Drez tonight, he's a good guy (sometimes)!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    B:L really adds an element of chaos to the game. I just really don't want to vote out Drez tonight, he's a good guy (sometimes)!

Hey, I'm the Mayor, I bring order all up ins.

So you don't want to vote Drez out... so you'd rather leave me in the vote lead? DARE I SAY IT GRUNDL?

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    B:L wrote: »
    Wait. The movie called "City of EMBER". I have seen it. But does it have anything to do with the Chronicles of Amber? Or is that part of the joke that I did not get?

atnlhv.jpg

THIS GUY.

Yeah. I know who the mayor is from the movie. But I don't him mentioned on the wiki. Maybe I'm missing it?

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    withdraw withdraw withdraw

Sorry folks, not sure which colour is appropriate here, but I just got super busy with work and other things... I don't have the time right now.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah. I know who the mayor is from the movie. But I don't him mentioned on the wiki. Maybe I'm missing it?

Look, it's me, I'm here, let's move on.

And get this Drez bandwagon on the road! YOWZA

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't want you to die B:L! I really don't!

But I don't want Drez to die either.

Isn't there some helpless little sot that we can thrust into first place?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm complety willing to be voted out if only to serve as living (or rather dying) proof of why nobody should ever listen to B:L, at least not on Day One.

I will be sure to link people to this thread every time B:L pulls this stunt in the future. I'm being 100% serious here, so it may be worth your while to listen to B:L one last time.

Remember, B:L, eventually the little boy stops crying wolf. (Because he's been eaten by a wolf...and gets the rest of his village eaten by a wolf.)

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I missed this so much :)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anybody got a vote count plz

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spudge wrote: »
    drez 3 :BL, void, vwinds
    duna: T_A
    grundl:Stever
    BL 4 :fiaryn, garrod_ran, drez, lockejaw
    godmode 2 :spoit, meeks
    lockejaw: phyphor
    spoit 2 : duna, mojo
    zand: daniant
    vwinds: ringo
    oldmanken: wildcat
    meeks: segatai

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »

Let's make this interesting, shall we?

!retract B:L

And I'll vote for Pyphor at random who has no votes yet.

Now the vote is tied between B:L and me.

I leave it to the thread to decide which one of us is the fruit loop.

Thanks for reawakening the sleeping bastard inside me, B:L.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm complety willing to be voted out if only to serve as living (or rather dying) proof of why nobody should ever listen to B:L, at least not on Day One.

I will be sure to link people to this thread every time B:L pulls this stunt in the future. I'm being 100% serious here, so it may be worth your while to listen to B:L one last time.

Remember, B:L, eventually the little boy stops crying wolf. (Because he's been eaten by a wolf...and gets the rest of his village eaten by a wolf.)

Now no need to throw a tantrum, no one is crying wolf.

I'm just crying Mole. Which you seem to be acting since if you were helpful to our City of Amber you would have mentioned something to me so we can move the bandwagon somewhere else. Seeing as you haven't, well, you can't blame someone for assuming the worst.

All I'm doing is stating that I have a vigilante note here and someone is going down tonight. I'd prefer that I'm not in the vote lead when this happens.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yup, getting accused'll do that to ya. Been there, ...
    Ask Dani!
    Of course, I was guilty, so...

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Righto

I want no part of these shenanigans today

!Extermatott

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    stever777 wrote: »
    Ask Dani!
    Of course. You should also switch your vote to Drez so I'm not in the lead, if you please.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Well, you not in the lead currently & I agree with Spudge there, as of right now.

stever777 on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Really drez, you quoted the post, which says that phyphor is voting for lockejaw and say that he isn't voting for anyone?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ask Dani!
    Of course. You should also switch your vote to Drez so I'm not in the lead, if you please.
    You're not in the lead. You were in the lead, but then I retracted the vote I had on you. Now, we're tied.

Drez on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nope. Dumbfucks want to get the guy potentially trying to establish a Day2 network killed because "Oh, it's B:L".
    Tied is still in the lead or close enough to it for vote manipulation and people "forgeting" to switch their vote or "voting last minute without reading the thread".

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Really drez, you quoted the post, which says that phyphor is voting for lockejaw and say that he isn't voting for anyone?

Um...really? My wording is ambiguous but given the context it should be clear I am talking about votes against.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well, you not in the lead currently & I agree with Spudge there, as of right now.

Not in the lead, unless shenanigans occur. It's too close for my liking.

Your inaction actually places you closer to the shenanigans. If you do "nothing" and I end up eating the vote, you jump right up in the suspect list for refusing to save me.

As a citizen of the City of Amber I encourage taking proper action to ensure the survival of this city and of your Mayor.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    So, Drez, you're asking the village to decide between yourself and the supposed vig? I mean, it is day 1 so you can't expect everyone to believe B:L is a vig... but, think about it. You're asking people to understand what B:L is all about... a lot of these people don't know what B:L is capable of.

I personally think that both Drez and B:L are out of control and I refuse to be a part of this mess.

vagrant_winds is not rubbing me the right way at all. Fix that.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Your inaction actually places you closer to the shenanigans. If you do "nothing" and I end up eating the vote, you jump right up in the suspect list for refusing to save me.

As a citizen of the City of Amber I encourage taking proper action to ensure the survival of this city and of your Mayor.

you mean 'as the mayor of the city of amber, I encourage taking proper action to ensure the survival of this city and its citizens'

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Um...really? My wording is ambiguous but given the context it should be clear I am talking about votes against.

Yeah it clearly says

"And I'll vote for Pyphor at random who has no votes yet."

Which says pretty concisely that Phyphor, at that time, had zero votes. Not that Phyphor hadn't voted, but that Phyphor had no votes

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

you mean 'as the mayor of the city of amber, I encourage taking proper action to ensure the survival of this city and its citizens'

Of course, my survival means the survival of our citizens, it's an obvious link between the two concepts.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    OK, I misread it. You can bandwagon me for that if you want to kill me for it, I'm only a bit behind the leaders at 2

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    nope.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Nope. Dumbfucks want to get the guy potentially trying to establish a Day2 network killed because "Oh, it's B:L".
    Tied is still in the lead or close enough to it for vote manipulation and people "forgeting" to switch their vote or "voting last minute without reading the thread".

So what do you want me to do? Vote for myself?

Drez on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So Grundlterror. Being pro-village/pro-network is rubbing the wrong way? What logical fallacy is that?

So what do you want me to do? Vote for myself?

Notice: You're not the only person in this phalla. There's 25 other players in this game.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So Grundlterror. Being pro-village/pro-network is rubbing the wrong way? What logical fallacy is that?

GRUNDLOGIC

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

Let's make this interesting, shall we?

!retract B:L

And I'll vote for Pyphor at random who has no votes yet.

Now the vote is tied between B:L and me.

I leave it to the thread to decide which one of us is the fruit loop.

Curses. Breaking my no vote streak!

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Phyphor wrote: »

Curses. Breaking my no vote streak!

You should, y'know, vote for Drez in revenge. It's highly encouraged by official writs and such.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    So, Drez, you're asking the village to decide between yourself and the supposed vig? I mean, it is day 1 so you can't expect everyone to believe B:L is a vig... but, think about it. You're asking people to understand what B:L is all about... a lot of these people don't know what B:L is capable of.

I personally think that both Drez and B:L are out of control and I refuse to be a part of this mess.

vagrant_winds is not rubbing me the right way at all. Fix that.

Well, unless I mistead, B:L is not claiming to be a vigilante, but rather claiming to either have knowledge of or is in control of a vigilante kill. This could mean a few things:

One, B:L is the vigilante. Risky gambit, especially if you aren't sure there are any guardians, but it's possible.

Two, B:L had a pregame alliance with the person who turned out to be the vigilante and the person decided to open up to B:L. Really stupid (on the part of the vigilante), but possible.

Three, B:L didn't have a pregame alliance with the vigilante, but the vigilante decided to contact B:L of all people. Even dumber than the last option, and very unlikely, but possible.

Four, B:L has an item that can do a one-shot vigilante-like kill. It's happened, and it's possible, and it's even lead to networks being formed before. This is actually a good gambit because the longer you hold on to an item (especially if you are B:L), the less chance you'll have to lose it, and if it's a one-shot kill and you are just a vanillager without it, then . Likely, possible, and I wouldn't put it past B:L to go for this if it's the case. It's definitely the best case scenario.

Five, B:L is just making shit up. Also possible. And very likely. It happened in the last game he was in. It's happened in a lot of games he's been in.

The fact is, my initial vote for B:L came before I even read that he voted for me on the previous page. It was never a serious vote. I don't like his attention whoring antics, but I am not convinced he's evil, just crazy.

As for the dilemma I presented to the village, I wasn't really asking them to choose between B:L and me for execution. The question is really whether or not you think B:L is worth listening to. Whether we vote him out or not is a separate question. Personally, I mislike tactics where someone tries to entirely dominate and control everyone's actions on DAY ONE. You don't need to know anything about B:L or his past or his playstyle really for this to be alarming behavior. It should be, to anyone, for anyone that acts this way. I mean, not only is he claiming to be able to direct a kill at someone, but he's also trying to control the vote. Based on what? He can't possibly have any knowledge or even any substantial argument as to my mafia-ness at this point. So he's basically pissing in the wind and he's trying to piss on me.

So my opinion is this: Let him become the network mouthpiece if his gambit works out, but other than that why on Earth would anyone follow his lead today? I don't think you really need to know anything about B:L

I do kind of have a spidey-sense tingling in the same way you do, Grundl, so !retract Pyphor and vagrant_winds too, at least for now.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Really? Calling everyone "dumbfucks" is being pro-village? Because, see, I consider that just a little abraisive. But maybe I just have thin skin.

It's not "oh it's B:L" it's "oh, this guy is crazy." People really shouldn't listen to people that act like B:L is acting. The fact that it actually IS B:L is mostly irrelevant.

If B:L said, "hey dudes, I have a way of confirming myself as a network mouthpiece, hold off on voting for me and if there's a guardian, guard me tonight" that'd be cool. I'd be down with that. But he didn't do that. He said, more or less, "HEY DUDES, I'M GONNA KILL SOMEONE TONIGHT. ALSO, VOTE FOR THE PERSON I TELL YOU TO VOTE FOR DESPITE ME NOT HAVING ANY INFORMATION AND THIS HAVING ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING ON ME PROVING I AM GOOD. AND ALSO DON'T QUESTION ME OR I WILL BLEAT AT YOU UNTIL YOU GET SICK OF ME."

He's probably not mafia, but he certainly is a silly goose for trying to control fucking everything on day one. I don't care if he's the vigilante or not.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Five, B:L is just making shit up. Also possible. And very likely. It happened in the last game he was in. It's happened in a lot of games he's been in.

You mean the one where I claimed vote manipulation powers and hey it turned out that I was the King with +4 votes? Sure made things up there.

Or maybe you should reference the game where you acted exactly like this, and I pointed you out to be very likely mafia, but instead of listening to me the village decided to trust you instead... a fatal choice that ended up with you and your fellow mafia attaining a perfect victory.

Any model citizen can see that voting out Drez will provide the perfect outcome of saving the Mayor, and voting out someone who just loves manipulating the village.

• Options
    edited May 2011
    /headdesk
    /headdesk again

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, let's get Vagrant up there for being such a pleasant person. (And coming from me that means something.)

!retract Grundl
    !vagrant_winds

stever777 on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, let's get Vagrant up there for being such a pleasant person. (And coming from me that means something.)

I thought you were trying to avoid this whole shenanigans business? Quick to jump back on when your buddy Drez isn't in the lead eh?

• Options
    edited May 2011

You mean the one where I claimed vote manipulation powers and hey it turned out that I was the King with +4 votes? Sure made things up there.

Or maybe you should reference the game where you acted exactly like this, and I pointed you out to be very likely mafia, but instead of listening to me the village decided to trust you instead... a fatal choice that ended up with you and your fellow mafia attaining a perfect victory.

Any model citizen can see that voting out Drez will provide the perfect outcome of saving the Mayor, and voting out someone who just loves manipulating the village.

You mean the one where you told everyone Rakaam was DEFINITELY MAFIA and he wasn't, like you're doing here now with me? That game? The game you got killed in specifically because you were acting crazy, despite the fact that we could have used your help winning? I mean we won anyway thanks to thorgot and some, um, interesting game mechanics. In fact, victory was inevitable. But your actions were inexcusably stupid.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that you actually were a special makes the situation even worse. Frankly, you have a responsibility not to get yourself killed when you're in that situation. Good job, captain.

Drez on