Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Knights of Arcadia Phalla: Endgame

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I kinda get the feeling all our top suspects are innocent and the mafia is just letting us follow them over and over again while we win the game for them.

Steam Starcraft SLeague of Legends
  • redfenixredfenix Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So, I don't know the direction to go with this. What's the latest intel?

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the mouth of saur- the seer died, so we have none.

• Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I am trying to sift through the information. I don't want to make any unfounded accusations but I have found enough to at least make me suspicious.

Someone who has at least twice now made a vote on a hunch with no proof to back it up that seemed suspiciously like it wanted (and nearly successfully did) to start a bandwagon that would lead us in circles. Someone who also said after the campion bandwagon began "I'm considering voting for Campion because it's a good lead, but I'm also suspicious of Zay and Monkeyfeet".

If further information comes up or I get some doubts, Ill change my vote or reaffirm my suspicions, but for now !Taya

It's not much, but it's the best I have right now.

Not today.
  • WietWiet Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Alright, I said I'd do this. Death to you, demon. !The Acquaintance.

XStly.jpg
  • NiryaNirya THE NEXT STAGE IN E-BO-LUTIONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !redfenix has been much too quiet, and half of his posts consist of "I don't know what's going on." If he's trying to go under the radar he's doing a very good job of it so far.

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS
    edited May 2011
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    There's only one game in town it seems.

3DS: 2337-4267-8661
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !Taya

Because... I am having doubts.

Not today.
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus ha ha just kidding I'm Frog ManRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You're doing some good work here Wandering Hero. What are your doubts about Taya?

edited May 2011
    first day and he's already on the case. but when will get a random encounter?

• ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Still getting a little irritated at people saying there's no reason to vote for JC of DI. Not saying you have to vote for him, or that you're mafia if you don't

But the fact of the matter is that a vote manipulation was likely used to break the tie between him and T4CT. T4CT was a villager. It stands to reason that JC of DI was protected for some reason.

• JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, despite my vehement self-defense, I fully grasp that after the tie vote turning out how it did that that alone is a solid reason to suspect me, and it's one I can't easily refute.

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ZeroFill wrote: »
    Still getting a little irritated at people saying there's no reason to vote for JC of DI. Not saying you have to vote for him, or that you're mafia if you don't

But the fact of the matter is that a vote manipulation was likely used to break the tie between him and T4CT. T4CT was a villager. It stands to reason that JC of DI was protected for some reason.

thats pretty much my stance

it could be a ploy to finger jc, put I doubt that.

• ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Yeah, despite my vehement self-defense, I fully grasp that after the tie vote turning out how it did that that alone is a solid reason to suspect me, and it's one I can't easily refute.

I don't blame you for defending yourself. It's just that in the larger picture of suddenly taking a stand on your survivial, after not participating a whole lot prior to being singled out, represents an incongruency in character that adds to suspicion.

• MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    How is JC of DI still alive?

I told you you couldn't run from the vote.
    Or me.

edited May 2011
    i really think JC of DI being alive is meant to ensue chaos among us. why else would there not be any mention of how he survived? would that not out him in some way?

edited May 2011
    The narration was truncated that night, with a promise to expound on it further. We never got more details as to what happened that night.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    redfenix feels right for some reason

I'm still not sure about the JC vote

Tumbling
    MacGuffin wrote: »
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

edited May 2011
    So my query at this point is basically this: With Zerofill's posts that read into the game a little more closely last night, and the fact that our Acquaintance has still not actively forbid voting against him despite checking in and seeing those votes - why are people not at least trying a night of voting for the Acquaintance?

I think there's only three of us currently showing support for the move, and strangely enough - the guy who seems to be the most genuinely suspicious of me turned to vote for our suspect host as well.

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    also

god I love that new thread smell

Tumbling
    Baka!
    Belief in the heart of friendship and you'll always be kawaii Tommy-Chan!

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !TheAcquaintance

It's not like with our track record we're going to lose more quickly than we are already

unless of course he just kills us all for trying.

• MarthMarth Contemplative Kermit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm still not sure about voting for the Acquaintance, but I'm warming to the idea (if this isn't a normal phalla).

Steam Xbox Live LoL: SadSchaub
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Member of Twin Club Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think that the idea of voting for the Acquaintance could be good, but there's an equally good chance it could be chaos.

It's a huge risk/reward venture, and it might be a good idea to save it for a dire time. Then again, things are looking bleak...

wb5cft.png
    edited May 2011
    He did survive not one but two bandwagons, while claiming to be a simple villager. You all realize that this will be really embarrassing if he isn't right?

Fool me once, shame on you. But fool me twice and I'll track you down during the night and break your bones in the corner of a dark street until I get my answers.
    My family is dead.

edited May 2011
    I have seen games where you're supposed to vote for the host, or resolve not to kill one another

I honestly can see the appeal here, our tormentor is not holding himself apart, he is very visible and occasionally descends among us to taunt and banter and takes great joy in us eating each other.

What keeps me from doing it is that we apparently have good specials and bad guys. I have never seen those in player vs. paranoia itself games. It could all be lies of course, those roles present to keep people like me from making the right connection.

Honestly for all I know I am secretly Osa

edited May 2011
    He did survive not one but two bandwagons, while claiming to be a simple villager. You all realize that this will be really embarrassing if he isn't right?

Fool me once, shame on you. But fool me twice and I'll track you down during the night and break your bones in the corner of a dark street until I get my answers.
    My family is dead.

My family is too, you don't see me harping on it!

I'm just waiting for us to get through this business so I can see that their killers get their just, if somewhat delayed, rewards.

• NiryaNirya THE NEXT STAGE IN E-BO-LUTIONRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    it could be a ploy to finger jc

I thought this was a fingering-free phalla...

edited May 2011
    Here's an idea, if you want to vote for the acquaintance then go ahead. Just make sure that JC or someone else is a sure second. The vote will probably trickle if you can't vote for the acquaintance, so there's nothing to lose and we can finally get this over with.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Member of Twin Club Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My fear isn't that voting for the acquaintance won't work, it's that voting for the acquaintance will have consequences.

wb5cft.png
    edited May 2011
    The following is just a repost of my thoughts, and some points I brought up towards the end of the last thread on the nature of the game. Wanted to condense and bring them forward to the new thread.

Spoiler:

edited May 2011
    I think that the idea of voting for the Acquaintance could be good, but there's an equally good chance it could be chaos.

It's a huge risk/reward venture, and it might be a good idea to save it for a dire time. Then again, things are looking bleak...

Assuming the mafia was a group of 13 (as is apparently standard?) then we're truly fucked if we have another night like last night. I'm not sure how much more bleak it can get. We have to be absolutely certain who is mafia and even assuming the vote dodge is enough for my death, who else is likely?

You realize your incredible deathboner for me is going to seem fishy as hell when I die villager, right?

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
    edited May 2011
    Here's an idea, if you want to vote for the acquaintance then go ahead. Just make sure that JC or someone else is a sure second. The vote will probably trickle if you can't vote for the acquaintance, so there's nothing to lose and we can finally get this over with.

This seems like a pretty sound strategy to me.

edited May 2011
    Hell, I'll give that my support even. Offer myself up as a potential sacrifice for this ruse.

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
  • DysDys Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    !JC of DI because I have limited access to internet where I am today and I need to get my vote out of the way while I can, so I don't get murdered for inactivity.

• redfenixredfenix Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I agree, as I have said previously, that we should pursue the !Acquaintance. The secondary target is of no concern to me, since the first seems to be far more significant.

As for myself, I have had little direction, because there has been little direction to find.

• MarthMarth Contemplative Kermit Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well, right now JC and the Acquaintance are tied at 5. That's the last thing I'd want to happen; I assume something would happen and JC would be killed.

Steam Xbox Live LoL: SadSchaub
    edited May 2011
    Fuck it

fact is I want to do this

!The Acquaintance

edited May 2011
    If I survived a tie with the acquaintance I'd start to get some sort of God complex

CRicciSig.jpg
    360/PS3 - JCofDI | Steam
    edited May 2011
    as soon as I did that the power started flickering

There's a storm coming.

I think

I should say goodbye

This discussion has been closed.