As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gears of Noire Avacast

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Games and Technology
Started doing a show called "Avacast". It's a somewhat different type of show that features Xbox Live Avatars hosting the show in a podcast + gaming video format.

It's only the second episode and was hoping to get some feedback as to areas it can be improved.

Bamelin on

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You guys need more emotion in your voices. No offense but you aren't very interesting to listen to. And the stuff on screen is not particularly exciting either, it kinda feels like someone reciting forum posts or something like that but through a mic. Also sound quality on the recorded voices is very inconsistent.

Thats my two cents. Other than that its a good first effort, i like the lounge thing with the avatars, pretty cool though personally im not much of an xbox fanboy so it doesn't really appeal to me, but i can see what you are trying to do.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey, just wanted to point you to the rules thread which states that
    4 ) No site whoring, even "personal" sites.

Do not create topics to discuss your website - be it a game news site, or your goods for sale on eBay. Exceptions to this can be obtained by approaching one of our staff when necessary. They are rarely necessary as we have no interest in converting our user base into a marketing audience.

Lucascraft on
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Elimination. I agree about the recording quality, I believe they used Skype. I wasn't around for the first 2 episodes but got drafted to host in the future.

The video content though I thought was kind of neat (and I say that from the perspective of only recently having watched both episodes myself) and I liked the humour.

Bamelin on
  • DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You guys need more emotion in your voices. No offense but you aren't very interesting to listen to.

I agree with that. I don't know if you guys were tired, or just nervous, but you have to project your emotions more. ShadowMask (is that one you?) could probably do with getting a better mic too - the quality is substantially lower than the other three making it awkward to listen to that particular commentator.

But I have to say I like the layout, and I don't think the background audio interferes much. I like the whole Xbox lounge and screen setup, that there looks great.

Dunxco on
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm taking over for Shadow this week. I wasn't actually in the last two episodes but have been asked to come on board starting next week -- which is why I was curious to get some feedback from the G&T crew .... I know you guys will be brutally honest.

Bamelin on