Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Scout ants rushing into water cooler

RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So I am in Djibouti. Its hot so I have a water cooler of filtered water. The local stuff is salty coming from the tap.

There are also a lot of ants in the place I live in. Lack of maintenance means they have a good nest build outside and burrowed into the concrete walls.

So this water cooler I drink from most every day is on the opposite end of the room, far away from their entry points, yet when I go to get a drink today, I see them (the small scouts, not the fatass guards) running up the side, up and around the back, and into a tiny vent on the top of the cooler. I don't have any ants popping out into my glass, I just want to know, what the hell do they want in there?

RoyceSraphim on