Options

Question about Evangelion Releases

NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
edited May 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
A few years ago, I heard that Evangelion was being redone into a four film series. At GenCon (Indy) last year (or perhaps 2 years ago) I watched what I believe was the first movie of this effort.

It seemed to move along at a quick rate, cutting out some of the parts I remember from the original series that really dragged on.

Is this:
Amazon Link

Part 1 of the set?

And this:
Amazon Link

Part 2?

Neurotika on

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yes.

And they are pretty good.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    At least part two has a hidden scene after the credits, but before the 'next time' preview.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    A few years ago, I heard that Evangelion was being redone into a four film series. At GenCon (Indy) last year (or perhaps 2 years ago) I watched what I believe was the first movie of this effort.

It seemed to move along at a quick rate, cutting out some of the parts I remember from the original series that really dragged on.

Is this:
    Amazon Link

Part 1 of the set?

And this:
    Amazon Link

Part 2?

Just a head's up: It's not simply a compilation movie that cuts out filler stuff, it's completely redoing the series. So if you're looking for a summary of the series, you won't be getting that. But it's still EVA, and its awesome.

Skullo on
  • Options
    Laughin JudeLaughin Jude Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Just to elaborate:

The first movie pretty much just retells the events of the TV series through the end of episode six, with a little extra stuff thrown in and some minute changes. It was alright, certainly pretty, but there wasn't much you hadn't seen before.

The second movie, on the other hand, takes things in a wildly different direction and makes it abundantly clear that this is a complete retelling of the story that will deviate from both the TV series and the manga. At this point, I don't think anyone can predict what will happen in the third movie, let alone how it'll all end.

It's a good time to be an Eva fan.

Laughin Jude on
    Laughin Jude.com - Philosophy, snark, weird stories and bad art

The Plain and Honest Truth - An online serial novel about 9/11, the Iraq War, aliens, the origins of Western religion and an evil sock puppet from another dimension
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Excellent, thanks all!

Neurotika on