As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] We cant find anything unless its ad takes up 3/4ths of the Store page

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mmm. New thread smell.

So, I made it through the Ubisoft sale without a single purchase. Clearly I need help.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Catalase wrote: »
    Mmm. New thread smell.

It'll be another 5-10 pages before the unmistakable reek of flatulence, greed and shame becomes pervasive.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I played JC2 as a helicopter theft simulator with occasional ground sequences. I won't say I never had ammo issues, but they were never bad enough to make me buy weapons or ammo from the merchant.

baudattitude on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    While having the title be deals is probably more helpful, it's less amusing than random junk :(

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Maybe you could change "Daily Deal" to "Daily Shitpile" for Dino D-Day.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    But that last bit is great aliteration! I suggest Daily Dickdeal for Dino D-Day...dick.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Man, I miss the funny thread titles. If people need the current sales in the thread title because they're too lazy to take ten seconds to start/navigate to Steam and see for themselves, fuck 'em. The thread starter should be able to set the title according to his whim.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    damn.

I should not have watched the trailer for Inside a Star-filled Sky.

Tamin on
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Man, I miss the funny thread titles. If people need the current sales in the thread title because they're too lazy to take ten seconds to start/navigate to Steam and see for themselves, fuck 'em. The thread starter should be able to set the title according to his whim.

This is what I said and did, but I was promptly yelled at as soon as people were too lazy to look at the store page in the Steam app or website. So it's been deals ever since.

I'll do my best to find a happy medium.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Don't think this has been posted, but another mid-week madness sale is up:

header_292x136.jpg?t=1270602380

-75% off, $5.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Decoy wrote: »

This is what I said and did, but I was promptly yelled at as soon as people were too lazy to look at the store page in the Steam app or website. So it's been deals ever since.

Non illigitamus carborundum.
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Don't think this has been posted, but another mid-week madness sale is up:

header_292x136.jpg?t=1270602380

-75% off, $5.

Welp.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    damn.

Why not? Its such an amazing game.

chocobolicious on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Looks like Thief Deadly Shadows is a second Midweek Madness sale for only $5. Just got the tweet about it and confirmed it in specials, but it's not on the front page of the store yet.

EDIT:
    Beat'd repeatedly.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I seem to recall there have been a couple of mods for Thief. Better textures and widescreen support or some such. Does anyone happen to have the link to those handy?

Eh, I can probably find it through Google before someone posts.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Just tell them to go fuck the devil in hell. This is your thread and if they don't fucking like it then they can make the next one and put boring fucking titles up all goddamn day long.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just watched the trailer for the new Metro...I think i'm already sold.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone looking to trade me Frozen Synapse for either Terraria or Magicka? Send me a pm.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tamin wrote: »
    damn.

Why not? Its such an amazing game.

because my "should I buy this" hesitation after watching the trailer was measured in picoseconds.

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty sure we can go with silly thread names in all honesty. If people bother reading this thread at all, we're constantly up to date with sales.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Picking up Thief for sure when I get home. Amazing.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Seems like it's becoming a standard thing to have two mid-week madness sales.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Seems like it's becoming a standard thing to have two mid-week madness sales.

BUT HOW CAN THERE BE TWO MID-WEEKS? THE WORLD IS GOING CRAZY, AUUUUUUUUGH

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Can I request we dorp the lamda from the thread title? It's annoying when I can't control-f "steam" to find the thread.

I am all for jokes in the title, but the tag words are there for a reason. =/

Morkath on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    5/30 6:42pm:
    Was there anyone who wanted to take over the OP for the Steam thread? If not, I'll jump on the grenade again.

5/30 7:37pm:
    Perhaps this is a stupid question, but is there any stated reason why the game is called Frozen Synapse? To me it sounds like an ice cream headache.

5/30 8:09pm:
    Well, no one else stepped up, so I went ahead and made another thread.

Today:
    If people need funny thread titles in the thread title because they're too lazy to take ten seconds to copy/paste and make a new Steam and for themselves, fuck 'em. The thread starter should be able to set the title according to his whim.

:)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have no earthly idea what the point of that post was intended to be.

If you had quoted the part of my post where I raged at the makers of Frozen Synapse for giving their game such a non-intuitive title and harumphed that they should have named it Vector-Graphic Tactical Fighty-Mans so I won't have to do any research on what it was about, it might have made more sense.

:D

:^: on the new thread title, Decoy.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    For those who own Magicka, they've released their next DLC pack, Magicka: Nippon.
    Paradox Interactive will be donating 50% of revenue for Magicka: Nippon to the Japan Relief Support program.

Also, TF2 hat if you buy before June 5th if you're into that.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's not so much an expansion pack as just DLC is it?

$1 for a robe, staff, and sword. Not a bad deal, but not an expansion pack.

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I worded that wrong, edited my original post.

Lepwave on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    Can I request we dorp the lamda from the thread title? It's annoying when I can't control-f "steam" to find the thread.

...seriously? It's too much work to look through a single page of threads for a blue dot? I can't remember the last time the Steam thread fell to page 2. The lambda stays!

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    PatboyX wrote: »
    Maybe you could change "Daily Deal" to "Daily Shitpile" for Dino D-Day.

Dino Shitpile
    you say?

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ha! In your face Steam! I already own Thief: Deadly Shadows! You lose today!

Dangerbird on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Triple B wrote: »

...seriously? It's too much work to look through a single page of threads for a blue dot? I can't remember the last time the Steam thread fell to page 2. The lambda stays!

If the Steam thread falls to page 2 it means we have all failed.

Failed The Newell.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    orionminusorionminus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HERE!

Not sure if want Thief: Deadly Shadows since I haven't played the first two and they're not on Steam.

On the other hand, I hear that it has the scariest level in any game known to man.

orionminus on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Deadly Shadows is probably not quite as good as the first two.

But that's ok because it means that it's just great instead of incredible.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I don't always post in the thread, even if I read it pretty often to see opinions on sales or what new game is coming out soon.

You are free to put whatever you want in the rest of the topic but the keyword needs to remain sacrosanct. As soon as you make that thing useless to easily search for a topic you have fucked up being a thread owner.

Morkath on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know nothing about the thief games, does that make me a bad person? Probably.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    I know nothing about the thief games, does that make me a bad person? Probably.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    While I never came close to beating the first two Thief games, they were excellent. Very intense as you attempt to sneak through a house without being seen and grabbing all the loot you can.

I've also got Deadly Shadows and also never made it very far. I've never seen the oft-mentioned Cradle.

The first two Thief games should be prime candidates for GoG due to various compatibility issues, but they are not there.

SteevL on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Okay, I got the $3.00 STO.

If I cancel my account today, can I still play the 30 days free? I just don't want to put it off and end up paying $18 for a couple of weeks of playing with friends.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.