As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Venture Bros.] Apparently the movie is erasing the existence of the series

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    If @joshofalltrades keeps binge-watching, I'll be curious to see what he thinks of Sgt. Hatred.

He may have already heard 21 give an offhand reference to stealing parts from Sgt. Hatred's hover-tank. Haha, offhand joke!

An offhand joke that eventually goes goddamn crazy.

Manta Claus orchestrated the whole thing

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    If @joshofalltrades keeps binge-watching, I'll be curious to see what he thinks of Sgt. Hatred.

He may have already heard 21 give an offhand reference to stealing parts from Sgt. Hatred's hover-tank. Haha, offhand joke!

An offhand joke that eventually goes goddamn crazy.

Manta Claus orchestrated the whole thing

BUT
    He uses a hidden Scuba tank and his claws are made of Sculpey!
    :(

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    So... It can't be Dr. Girlfriend or Dr. Fiancé anymore. Dr. Wife?

• tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

THPOILERTH
    Dr Mrs the Monarch!
    THPOILERTH

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Is it a spoiler to tell me if they ever explain why Dr. Girlfriend is voiced by a man, beyond the "she smokes a lot" handwaving?

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Is it a spoiler to tell me if they ever explain why Dr. Girlfriend is voiced by a man, beyond the "she smokes a lot" handwaving?

It comes up, yes.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Monarch calls her "Dr. My Wife!"

H9f4bVe.png
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    He calls her a lot of different titles. I think it's a running gag at this point.

Sgt. Hatred - new archenemy.

*grabs popcorn*

Aaaaaand I got an answer to my question sooner than I thought I would!

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    My favorite episodes are anytime the list of characters is two pages long and it's just four people doing the voices. Sinterniklaas as Dean, Urbaniak as Dr. Venture, and then Jackson and Hammer doing a fuck ton of people a piece.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    You forgot Christopher McCulloch. Which no offence to the guy, but they need to hire a few more VA's, because he's doing so many god damn characters now I think he's run out of vocal range.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    You forgot Christopher McCulloch. Which no offence to the guy, but they need to hire a few more VA's, because he's doing so many god damn characters now I think he's run out of vocal range.

Since Christopher McCulloch and Jackson Publick are the same person I did not forget him.

You also forgot Patrick Fucking Warburton.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

Since Christopher McCulloch and Jackson Publick are the same person I did not forget him.

Well... you learn something new every day. :)

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • SeeDarkly_XSeeDarkly_X Registered User regular
    Oh this is exciting!
    And because this thread popped back to the top I have been reminded to watch the con panel!
    Thank you for thread necromancy Dr. Orpheus!
    (If ten days can be considered such... suffice to say I'm paying a little better attention here lately.)
    This new upcoming special & season means my wife and I are going to have to binge watch all the previous because she can never keep track of what the hell is happening with all the delays between seasons.
    Venture Time with the lady-friend is time well spent kids... remember that!

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z.
    The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG and how that experience becomes useful to him in a dystopian future.
    It's free online, presented as a web-serial, with updates 3 times a week. No Ads. Nothing to buy.
    The Myth Prosaic - Book I of The Mythic Chess Set by Georgia Z
    Follow on Twitter - Follow on Facebook
    Also, wow an animated donger in the second episode of the season.

I'm no prude or anything, just... didn't expect it.

Killinger taking over its form was highly amusing.

oh god that flashback

it was pretty cringeworthy even in it's tv form

Man, this episode, with 24, 21 and 1, where they go on about how they're invincible despite their lack of any kind of skill or preparedness, but 1 is dead no matter what because he's new and experienced.

I absolutely love when this show deconstructs shit like that!

Welp, I finished all of season 3 in less than 24 hours.

I don't get paid again until a week from now.

What the hell am I gonna do with all this free time?!

New season of Drunk History on Hulu.

I watched the one with Weird Al, it was pretty good.

I've got the Venture itch now, though. I think I'm going to have to call up an acquaintance who's into the show and ask to borrow his DVDs.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular

I've got the Venture itch now, though. I think I'm going to have to call up an acquaintance who's into the show and ask to borrow his DVDs.

I think that the Venture Itch is something you get from doing a "Rusty Venture".

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular

Watch the rest of the show and then gradually start losing interest because you'll have to wait 2+ years for the next episodes until you no longer care like the rest of us.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Watch the rest of the show and then gradually start losing interest because you'll have to wait 2+ years for the next episodes until you no longer care like the rest of us.

Speak for yourself brosef.

I'm happy to get amazing television from these guys every couple years.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

The latest season wasn't up to the usual standard. The introduction episode was amazing, and I'm not saying the entirety of the rest was all bad either, but most of it was pretty forgettable and/or irrelevant.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

The latest season wasn't up to the usual standard. The introduction episode was amazing, and I'm not saying the entirety of the rest was all bad either, but most of it was pretty forgettable and/or irrelevant.

Nope!

• CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    I liked season 5, especially on a rewatch. The big flaw I noticed is that the season didn't go out with a bang, like all of the other seasons. Apparently the season 6 premiere is supposed to be the real season 5 finale (although that may have moved up to being that special we're getting).

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
    the nightclub ep was simply put one of their best ever

Is it weird that The Monarch is my favorite character? I think he's my favorite character.

Is it weird that The Monarch is my favorite character? I think he's my favorite character.

Not the weirdest thing, nope.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Actually, I think Brock is probably the best character, just in terms of sheer development. The Monarch makes me laugh more, though.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I just finished watching season 1-4 and I am looking forward to season 5 for the first time. Easily one of my top TV shows I have ever watched. I kept hoping they would put seasons 3 and 4 up on Netflix as I feel the show really his its stride then. I actually had my photo taken with Patrick Warburton and told him I was a huge fan of Brock Sampson and he was surprised. I guess he was not expecting it success we were not at a convention.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    furlion wrote: »
    I just finished watching season 1-4 and I am looking forward to season 5 for the first time. Easily one of my top TV shows I have ever watched. I kept hoping they would put seasons 3 and 4 up on Netflix as I feel the show really his its stride then. I actually had my photo taken with Patrick Warburton and told him I was a huge fan of Brock Sampson and he was surprised. I guess he was not expecting it success we were not at a convention.

Congratulations, your body now produces 15% more testosterone.

Every character is justified being a person's favorite character. They're all great.

Every character is justified being a person's favorite character. They're all great.

Dr dugong is my spirit animal

• BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Also, wow an animated donger in the second episode of the season.

I'm no prude or anything, just... didn't expect it.

Killinger taking over its form was highly amusing.

This was one of those scenes where I think it worked better with the censor bar, because the black bar morphing into Killinger in his coat works better than the naked dong doing the same.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    furlion wrote: »

But if you watch on netflix, you can't immediately rewatch all the episodes with the commentary on.

steam_sig.png

Dr dugong is my spirit animal

I HAVE A TANK FULL OF
    GENTLE CUTTLEFISH